PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Delivery Inspection - Check List

NightFlyer
07-01-2014, 04:56 PM
This came with my car, and as I understand it, they're somewhat rare, as they were NOT supposed to be delivered with the cars to the end customer, but rather retained in corporate/dealer files. The final level of quality control before the cars were delivered. While I've ran into a few people who have blank copies of this document, I'm the only one I know of who has one that was filled out by someone within the former company's ranks / dealer network.

I thought it was neat, so I decided to share it - enjoy :thumbup:

http://dmctalk.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=28652&d=1404248119

http://dmctalk.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=28651&d=1404248063

Domi
07-01-2014, 05:07 PM
How lucky you are, nice piece of history :thumbup:
Thank You for sharing ;)

Rich_NYS
07-01-2014, 07:29 PM
Hmmm.....first, I noticed you're quite "cliquey" w/the QAC guys and now I see this. It all adds up to one thing: corporate spy, yo! :doorpeek:

NightFlyer
07-02-2014, 12:34 AM
Hmmm.....first, I noticed you're quite "cliquey" w/the QAC guys and now I see this. It all adds up to one thing: corporate spy, yo! :doorpeek:

I'm DMC's version of the military's CID - total badass... :ninja:

Dangermouse
07-02-2014, 08:26 AM

Nah, it just means that he had one of them fill it in for him at DCS. Ink looks awfully fresh :biggrin:

j/k obviously

DMCH James
07-21-2014, 02:54 PM
Actually, this was a three page, carbonless document. The top page - like you've shown - was the "work shop copy" as shown. Under this was a pink copy, which went the to "Dealer File" and the bottom copy was on card stock and was intended for the buyer/owner of the car, with a spot for the owner to "accept" receipt of the car complete with the items as shown in the attached photos. One of the original DeLorean mechanics I spoke to about it years ago said he would take them in to the lunch room in a pile and fill them all out without even looking at the car!

NightFlyer
07-21-2014, 05:51 PM
Good to know - thanks for info! :thumbup: