PDA

View Full Version : Take a tour of the DMC (Texas) warehouse - no matter where you are...

DMCH James
07-02-2014, 11:47 AM
I posted this on our Facebook page earlier this year, but for those who missed it for one reason or another, I thought I'd post it here, too.

Google has been rolling out "Google Places" for a while now, and since lots of people want to visit and see the warehouse but may not be able to make the trip logistically, we were able to create this "virtual tour". Much like Google Street View, you can "walk" through the showroom, service/restoration department and warehouse.

http://bit.ly/dmctour

djdogbone
07-02-2014, 12:34 PM
This was awesome, thanks for this!

skill
07-02-2014, 01:19 PM
I think it's awesome! I wanna camp there. . Lol

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

vps3922
07-02-2014, 02:08 PM
I posted this on our Facebook page earlier this year, but for those who missed it for one reason or another, I thought I'd post it here, too.

Google has been rolling out "Google Places" for a while now, and since lots of people want to visit and see the warehouse but may not be able to make the trip logistically, we were able to create this "virtual tour". Much like Google Street View, you can "walk" through the showroom, service/restoration department and warehouse.

http://bit.ly/dmctour

Is this a front left fender mold on the table next to the Pepsi vending machine?

vps3922
07-02-2014, 02:18 PM
Wow, the sway bars in E-015 look quite rusty.

Man, it is like wonderland in there. I would like to see a "You get everything for free what you can grab in 60 minutes" event in your warehouse. :wink:

I am surprised of myself how many of these loose bits in the warehouse I already know or exactly know where they go or held them already in my hand. :rolleyes1:

Domi
07-02-2014, 02:22 PM
This is awesome!

vps3922
07-02-2014, 02:26 PM
Wow, original office equipment from the Dunmurry plant (so I guess) in 53/55. That is awesome! Looks like a calculator, a printer and a typewriter.

And Mr. Fusions in 36! NICE!

I am spending wayyyy to much time on this! :biggrin:

vps3922
07-02-2014, 02:39 PM
Ohhh, I was not able to visit you or Stephen in your office. :wink:

:offtopic2:
I wanted to say thanks to you for leaving the nice message in my copy of the "Delorean Illustrated Buyer's Guide"! It arrived the week after I bought 3922, but I read it anyways and treasure it in my collection. I also displayed it on my first car show a few weeks ago. Thank you again!

Cheers!
Volker

Thank you for sharing this link to the people not on facebook! :thumbup:

Kukem
07-02-2014, 02:41 PM
That was awesome! Thanks so much for posting that!

Lenny
07-02-2014, 04:07 PM
I want one of those, and one of those and one of those ...

DMCH James
07-02-2014, 07:59 PM
Is this a front left fender mold on the table next to the Pepsi vending machine?

Unfortunately, it's not. It's meant to hold a left front with vacuum while it's having a finish applied or being refinished, as near as we can tell. It is from the factory, but that's all we know about it. The fact that someone thought to grab it at the time and none of the other pieces lead me to think that they knew at hte time that the left front was in short supply as early as late 1982.

Mark D
07-03-2014, 11:13 AM
I noticed the "Help Wanted Inquire Within" sign in the window...

Should I quit my day job?

vps3922
07-03-2014, 11:45 AM
I noticed the "Help Wanted Inquire Within" sign in the window...

Should I quit my day job?

I missed that...I will apply right away! :headbang:

DMC-81
07-03-2014, 09:21 PM
Very cool. Thanks for posting! It was nice to visit (virtually)

RoyHinkley
07-03-2014, 10:15 PM
Wow, original office equipment from the Dunmurry plant (so I guess) in 53/55. That is awesome! Looks like a calculator, a printer and a typewriter.

And Mr. Fusions in 36! NICE!

I am spending wayyyy to much time on this! :biggrin:

I think bin 38 has mr fusions, or at least something BTTF. What is that in bin 38 James?

Oh my bad, I was on the wrong frame, different aisle bin 38 , but what is that? It has a picture of the BTTF car on it.

vps3922
07-04-2014, 08:36 AM
I think bin 38 has mr fusions, or at least something BTTF. What is that in bin 38 James?

Oh my bad, I was on the wrong frame, different aisle bin 38 , but what is that? It has a picture of the BTTF car on it.

Yeah, I saw that, too. I thought it is just a model of the car. But James might enlighten us by walking over there. Can we see that on Google as well? :biggrin: Would be a great thing. Every user gets a little Google drone when accessing the shop and can fly around...ok, now I am getting crazy.:confused2:

I bet that the shop would fill with drones in no time.