PDA

View Full Version : Regular Car Review back for Round 2 with a Stage 2.

DeLorean03
07-07-2014, 01:24 PM
What cha think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3L1LPQlao3I

vps3922
07-07-2014, 01:30 PM
What cha think?

Hmmm, not playing for me. Neither in the Forum nor on YouTube. Might be something wrong with my system.

refugeefromcalif
07-07-2014, 02:22 PM
I learned something new. I didn't know that my door locks are Hydraulic... :jawdrop: LOL.
Also, My doors don't Bounce when they hit the top like they want to keep going. (Thankfully).

George

Josh
07-07-2014, 02:22 PM
Bitter sweet as it is that dill-hole's car (Matt Farrah). But I always love the RCR spin on cars haha

NightFlyer
07-07-2014, 04:16 PM
1. Matt Farah is a douche bag.

2. Apparently shit for brains doesn't even clean his own cars, and the guy that he hires to do it for him can't even wipe off the front fascia before parking it and lending it out for a video review - and yet, rubberneck sees fit to being ultra critical of other's pride and joys. You've got to be freakin kidding me. What a total ass hat.

3. Yeah, the door fly's up on ass clown's car all right - hope he's vastly familiar with the roof box bolt down procedure. What a schlep rock.

4. Stage II blows chunks and doesn't impress me one bit - dubious ignition (that Josh B actually dyno'd and showed that it actually reduced horsepower output), cams, and an exhaust. Oh, and a 'cold air induction' system (a $20 plastic flex pipe that connects the pontoon air intake directly to the air cleaner and eliminates the stove pipe and hot air valve - jerky probably paid $1,500+ for that awesome bit of kit). Loser. Not to mention that Mr. I'm a big car guy couldn't even do any of the work himself. Yeah, he's a real car all right. What a complete joke.

5. Nicest DeLorean in existence my ass. Dick bag is obviously totally jealous of other people's cars, because he realizes that no matter how many checks he writes and no matter how many other cars he personally insults online, that his cars will NEVER be as cool as what others have. Farah needs to grow up and get a life.

6. He probably has $70k into his car, and yet, he still couldn't get the doors adjusted to where they close nicely with minimal force??? You've got to be kidding me. What a complete piece of crap. Yeah, nicest DeLorean in existence all right....

7. For the money that Farah has wrapped up into his car, I could have both a concours car and a fully customized performance car that's way nicer and way faster than his is, and would probably still have a few dollars in my bank account. And yet, dickhead would probably still see fit to insult my cars if ever saw them in online YouTube videos, because it's what he does. The dude is complete dick goblin.

8. Matt Farah is a jackass, plain and simple. I think that most people in our community could give a rat's ass about his little crackerjack toy of a car.

Just remember - you asked what I thought :biggrin:

alexwolf1216
07-07-2014, 04:45 PM
1. Matt Farah is a douche bag.

2. Apparently shit for brains doesn't even clean his own cars, and the guy that he hires to do it for him can't even wipe off the front fascia before parking it and lending it out for a video review - and yet, rubberneck sees fit to being ultra critical of other's pride and joys. You've got to be freakin kidding me. What a total ass hat.

3. Yeah, the door fly's up on ass clown's car all right - hope he's vastly familiar with the roof box bolt down procedure. What a schlep rock.

4. Stage II blows chunks and doesn't impress me one bit - dubious ignition (that Josh B actually dyno'd and showed that it actually reduced horsepower output), cams, and an exhaust. Oh, and a 'cold air induction' system (a $20 plastic flex pipe that connects the pontoon air intake directly to the air cleaner and eliminates the stove pipe and hot air valve - jerky probably paid $1,500+ for that awesome bit of kit). Loser. Not to mention that Mr. I'm a big car guy couldn't even do any of the work himself. Yeah, he's a real car all right. What a complete joke.

5. Nicest DeLorean in existence my ass. Dick bag is obviously totally jealous of other people's cars, because he realizes that no matter how many checks he writes and no matter how many other cars he personally insults online, that his cars will NEVER be as cool as what others have. Farah needs to grow up and get a life.

6. He probably has $70k into his car, and yet, he still couldn't get the doors adjusted to where they close nicely with minimal force??? You've got to be kidding me. What a complete piece of crap. Yeah, nicest DeLorean in existence all right....

7. For the money that Farah has wrapped up into his car, I could have both a concours car and a fully customized performance car that's way nicer and way faster than his is, and would probably still have a few dollars in my bank account. And yet, dickhead would probably still see fit to insult my cars if ever saw them in online YouTube videos, because it's what he does. The dude is complete dick goblin.

8. Matt Farah is a jackass, plain and simple. I think that most people in our community could give a rat's ass about his little crackerjack toy of a car.

Just remember - you asked what I thought :biggrin:

So, dislike this guy you do? :yoda:

NightFlyer
07-07-2014, 05:22 PM
So, dislike this guy you do? :yoda:

You have to understand the context - he ripped on a fellow owner's pride and joy while acting superior about his, despite the FACT that the owner of that car did most of his own work on a budget and isn't yet done with all the projects that he wants to accomplish on his car, while all Farah does is write checks, and yet still sees fit to hurl out insults about other's cars. Not to mention that the owner of this car actually drives his car on a regular/frequent basis (and lives where winter is actually experienced), unlike Farah with his car, which is essentially a garage queen if it only sees a few thousand miles a year - especially considering that the douche lives in southern CA where it's completely feasible to drive the car year round.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhAlWTyviKA

Check the comments - a user asked if this was Farah's car, to which he replies:

"TheSmokingTire: No, mine is nice. This one is pretty shanty."

It's totally the Ed Bernstein attitude, alive and well and on full display. And for those in the know, this how most of the community feels about that (as seen at this year's DeLorean Car Show in Dayton, OH)....

http://dmctalk.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=28743&d=1404768101

Nicholas R
07-07-2014, 06:53 PM
Check the comments - a user asked if this was Farah's car, to which he replies:

"TheSmokingTire: No, mine is nice. This one is pretty shanty."

I just looked at that YouTube comment train. Wow, not cool.

Rich_NYS
07-07-2014, 07:16 PM
I'm a new owner, but I didn't need to re-learn good manners when I joined the community and I consider it very bad form to bash another guy's car.

Everyone I met online and at DCS has been classy, helpful & respectful.....Matt doesn't seem to me like he'd fit that description.

mluder
07-07-2014, 07:17 PM
I learned something new. I didn't know that my door locks are Hydraulic... :jawdrop: LOL.
Also, My doors don't Bounce when they hit the top like they want to keep going. (Thankfully).

George

Not to mention the info about the doors straps... I had no idea they were moved in the '83 because it was wearing on the "leather" handles.

I was always under the impression that the straps were added to the foam/vinyl door pulls after it was concluded that some people would have trouble reaching the handles. And that the both '82-'83 models had them integrated into the arm rest.

I wonder what the 3rd style he alluded to was?

NightFlyer
07-07-2014, 07:31 PM
As far as the actual RCR review goes, I actually prefer the first one with the "shanty" DeLorean much better - the wit and humor is a million fold better in the first review.

As a side note, I'm betting that the restraint in this video had to do with not wanting Farah to take something said in jest the wrong way, which implies that while Farah can dish out the insults, he probably takes issue with receiving them, making him even worse than just your typical douche.

I know that many owners were looking forward to seeing him participate on the forums when he first bought his car, but given his attitude, I'm glad that he doesn't, as I'm not sure that I'd be able to restrain myself if he were (in which case, I'd probably end up banned again, at least on this forum anyway).

Michael
07-07-2014, 07:45 PM
Josh pretty much summed up my feelings too. I am helipilot27 on that comment wagon.

Stage 2 does not make 215hp...maybe, just maybe 196 at the crank(DMCH claim) which will translate to around 160-170 bhp with a manual.

Was I the only one waiting for him to rip that open drivers door off when he was in the garage?

Nicholas R
07-07-2014, 09:28 PM
I'm a little confused; why is Matt Farah famous? Was he on a show on TV or is he just a YouTube video personality? The only reason I know who he is is because of the infamous "worlds fastest Delorean" video. But that's it; and honestly, that could have been any Joe Shmo in that video and I probably would have remembered. Is he actually famous for other reasons or just for a lot of YouTube posts? Kind of reminds me of Joey Gowdy...

NightFlyer
07-07-2014, 10:02 PM
I'm a little confused; why is Matt Farah famous? Was he on a show on TV or is he just a YouTube video personality? The only reason I know who he is is because of the infamous "worlds fastest Delorean" video. But that's it; and honestly, that could have been any Joe Shmo in that video and I probably would have remembered. Is he actually famous for other reasons or just for a lot of YouTube posts? Kind of reminds me of Joey Gowdy...

He has a few celebrity friends, like Adam Carolla. He was on a few Speed TV shows that were short lived, and a co-host of the never aired Bullrun III reality tv series. Other than that, it's just his internet stuff, that I'm aware of anyway. So yeah, almost exactly like Joey Gowdy :nana2:

BTW - It would appear that his awesome big money restoration DeLorean started on fire recently and needed to be towed....

http://www.thesmokingtire.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Screen-shot-2014-06-11-at-1.56.22-AM.png

http://www.thesmokingtire.com/2014/the-smoking-tire-podcast-126-it-burns-when-i-delorean/

Michael
07-07-2014, 10:11 PM
He really does make a big deal about how nice (he perceives) his car is.

See how annoying that is Josh?:neener:

.....says the guy with the freaking wall mural tribute to his car as a sig.

NightFlyer
07-07-2014, 10:22 PM
Out of morbid curiosity, I listened to the pod cast, and it turns out that his power radio antenna's wiring shorting out is what caused the fire. Hmm, who was it that it just recently denounced the power antennas on this forum again, and advocated for the practicality, durability, usability, and simplicity of the fender mounted antennas, thank you very much (in my very best Bill Robertson)....

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?10077-Nice-81-Auto-just-sold&p=149126&viewfull=1#post149126

I rest my case :biggrin:

DeLorean03
07-07-2014, 10:24 PM
I think what is so frustrating about Matt is he releases this video that says "World's Fastest DeLorean" which is TOTALLY misleading. The dang thing NEVER gets very fast in the video at all, and all it does is break down. It put yet another black eye on our car's image.

Then, he goes and spends some serious mad money for that restoration. Now, this is where he could have been the hero of the day, but instead he stays exclusively away from our community - fine that is his choice, no biggie - and then goes to blast another owner's car in the Regular Car Reviews, which was a vile thing to do within our small community.

Now in this video, on top of all that, he mentions how his car makes 200+ HP. Ok, MAYBE at the crankshaft - maybe....DMCH advertised 197HP for so long it's practically ingrained into our heads. In a previous thread, Steven Wynne flat out says that the Stage 3 Supercharger DeLorean has 157.5 HP at the wheels - so I am failing to understand how a Stage 2 could possibly beat that. That makes logistically no sense at all - both by automotive design and financial viability of purchasing a S2 or a S3.

Overall, I avoid his videos. There's a "bait and switch" feel about his personality that I do not like.

Aforementioned Stage 3 numbers thread: http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?2530-Stage-I-II-and-III-details-and-pricing&p=33984&viewfull=1#post33984

Michael
07-07-2014, 10:28 PM
Out of morbid curiosity, I listened to the pod cast, and it turns out that his power radio antenna's wiring shorting out is what caused the fire. Hmm, who was it that it just recently denounced the power antennas on this forum again, and advocated for the practicality, durability, usability, and simplicity of the fender mounted antennas, thank you very much (in my very best Bill Robertson)....

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?10077-Nice-81-Auto-just-sold&p=149126&viewfull=1#post149126

I rest my case :biggrin:

You are missing the point...it looks much better. If you are going to get gun shy over a little fire that may or may not trap you in the car and burn you to death then you shouldn't be driving a Delorean. It's all about looks and one Internet personality once said "Hey, you make a few sacrifices(like being burned alive) if you want to look this cool".

Seen the crash test of a Delorean? It's not something I would be very keen on experiencing. Again, another sacrifice of safety and well being to look cool.

NightFlyer
07-07-2014, 10:36 PM
He really does make a big deal about how nice (he perceives) his car is.

See how annoying that is Josh?:neener:

.....says the guy with the freaking wall mural tribute to his car as a sig.

At least we're in good company with each other :biggrin:

Unlike Mr. Farah, we at least have manners and some degree of humility/modesty. Not to mention that we actually work on and clean our cars ourselves.

And I only make a big deal about how original my car is while still being completely reliably driven. The pontificators and prevaricators constantly lecture me about how one of the stock/OEM components on my car is going to fail and leave me stranded. Well, Farah paid big money to get his car into 100% reliable/dependable streetable condition, put less miles on it since the restoration (500 according to his podcast) than I put on my car during DCS weekend alone (over 900 miles), and his car is the one that ended up needing a tow truck ride.

Yeah...

God, I'm starting to sound like Bill (even more so than usual)....

RoyHinkley
07-07-2014, 10:46 PM
Josh, Wow, and I thought Louis imitated Bill a lot. If imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, Bill must be REALLY flattered by you. How could he ever think you are an asshole? You sound JUST like him. Maybe you ARE Bill?!?
:ohcrap:

But don't get me wrong, I LOVE what you expressed here!

NightFlyer
07-07-2014, 10:56 PM
I think what is so frustrating about Matt is he releases this video that says "World's Fastest DeLorean" which is TOTALLY misleading. The dang thing NEVER gets very fast in the video at all, and all it does is break down. It put yet another black eye on our car's image.

Then, he goes and spends some serious mad money for that restoration. Now, this is where he could have been the hero of the day, but instead he stays exclusively away from our community - fine that is his choice, no biggie - and then goes to blast another owner's car in the Regular Car Reviews, which was a vile thing to do within our small community.

Now in this video, on top of all that, he mentions how his car makes 200+ HP. Ok, MAYBE at the crankshaft - maybe....DMCH advertised 197HP for so long it's practically ingrained into our heads. In a previous thread, Steven Wynne flat out says that the Stage 3 Supercharger DeLorean has 157.5 HP at the wheels - so I am failing to understand how a Stage 2 could possibly beat that. That makes logistically no sense at all - both by automotive design and financial viability of purchasing a S2 or a S3.

Overall, I avoid his videos. There's a "bait and switch" feel about his personality that I do not like.

Aforementioned Stage 3 numbers thread: http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?2530-Stage-I-II-and-III-details-and-pricing&p=33984&viewfull=1#post33984

Yeah, that whole 'world's fastest' thing was never all that convincing to me. Perhaps it was at one time with the original Gale Banks setup before it was hacked, but we'll never know for sure, as is the case with most of such claims. Hell, at the time the video was shot, I definitely think that Cineman's car would have run circles around that car - no doubt in my mind.

Farah is all about mis-direction - he presents the persona of a regular, humble, down-to-earth actual car guy, but in reality, it's all just smoke and mirrors. In many ways, Joey Gowdy may be more real than Matt Farah.

As to DMCH's severe exaggeration of the power benefits of their 'stage' performance upgrades, well, that's a whole other matter which has already been covered here ad nauseum. Why Farah and others like to propagate and promote such obvious misinformation is quite simply beyond my ability to comprehend it, unless of course they really do want to believe....

RoyHinkley
07-07-2014, 10:59 PM
Wow, watching that video was a waste of ... Just about everything. I think I lost a few brain cells there.

RoyHinkley
07-07-2014, 11:01 PM
I'm sure Nick R's Corvette engine Delorean is much faster than this guy Matt's!

NightFlyer
07-07-2014, 11:02 PM
You are missing the point...it looks much better. If you are going to get gun shy over a little fire that may or may not trap you in the car and burn you to death then you shouldn't be driving a Delorean. It's all about looks and one Internet personality once said "Hey, you make a few sacrifices(like being burned alive) if you want to look this cool".

Seen the crash test of a Delorean? It's not something I would be very keen on experiencing. Again, another sacrifice of safety and well being to look cool.

In all honesty, I don't think a fender mount looks all that bad - it's actually not that noticeable. Even more so if you have the manually retractable type. However, what the car should have had from the factory, being European built, is a center front roof mounted antenna.

NightFlyer
07-08-2014, 01:22 AM
Josh, Wow, and I thought Louis imitated Bill a lot. If imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, Bill must be REALLY flattered by you. How could he ever think you are an asshole? You sound JUST like him. Maybe you ARE Bill?!?
:ohcrap:

But don't get me wrong, I LOVE what you expressed here!

A lot of people on this forum thought that I was Bill using a bogus account when I first started participating here, which I'm pretty sure led to my being place on moderated status, just prior to my outright banning.

Hell, every time I've called DMCMW and Dave picked up the phone, he thought that I was Bill before I corrected him.

Personality wise, (as well as vocally, apparently) Bill and I are a lot alike, which is probably why he thought I was an asshole and didn't want to room with me at DCS.

But I LOVE Bill and he knows it (or at least he should). I consider him to be part of my family :smile:

NightFlyer
07-08-2014, 02:43 AM
Another thing that pisses me off is that Farah was invited to enter his DeLorean in the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance, not because of his car, but simply because of who he is. His car belongs no where near a true concours as it has been highly modified. What a joke Pebble Beach just proved itself as being by inviting him and his car there....

Rich_NYS
07-08-2014, 06:25 AM

Totally agree with this.

My guess is that since he's the type of guy who inults another guy's car (and doesn't apologize or try to pull it back,) he's also the type of guy who thinks he's "too cool" to be a part of this community.....imagine for yourselves what he says amongst friends when they ask why he didn't go to the Delorean convention.

It's OK with me if he lacks humility, nobody is perfect. In fact, I'll drop the humility to say: I'm likely cooler than he is, and I likely would pound him out in a cagefight.

NightFlyer
07-08-2014, 06:54 AM
In fact, I'll drop the humility to say: I'm likely cooler than he is, and I likely would pound him out in a cagefight.

Yeah, but what you fail to mention, and what is only known by a select few owners, myself included, is that you're really Willem Dafoe :biggrin:

Rich_NYS
07-08-2014, 08:25 AM
It's OK with me if he lacks humility, nobody is perfect. In fact, I'll drop the humility to say: I'm likely cooler than he is, and I likely would pound him out in a cagefight.

Addendum: Apologizes for being a keyboard warrior, not my usual MO but seemed to be appropriate in this case.

RoyHinkley
07-08-2014, 10:19 AM
Addendum: Apologizes for being a keyboard warrior, not my usual MO but seemed to be appropriate in this case.

Right there with you Rich!
:mechbull:

DL4567
07-08-2014, 01:54 PM
I see I'm kinda late to the party already, but will still ad that just 2 seconds into the video my thought was "that huge dead bug on the front bumper looks pretty shanty."