PDA

View Full Version : Delorean Club Germany meet in Essen this weekend

ALEXAKOS
07-21-2014, 02:23 PM
can you count?

I am lost!
http://www.deloreans.de/download/file.php?id=1539

And a few made it in the newspaper. Apparently one had a technical issue, police secures the road and a National Newspaper reporter made a an issue of it.. Online and PRINT (http://www.google.com/translate?hl=en&ie=UTF8&sl=de&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bild.de%2Fregional%2Fruhrgebiet %2Fzurueck-in-die-zukunft%2Fkult-auto-bleibt-liegen-36908208.bild.html)!

Domi
07-21-2014, 03:12 PM
Looks like a great meeting :)

vps3922
07-23-2014, 01:46 PM
Very cool!

louielouie2000
07-25-2014, 10:23 AM
It's interesting to see how most DeLoreans in Europe seem to be lowered. Here in the States it's the opposite.

Delorean Industries
07-25-2014, 11:19 AM
At least six of those I sent over most likely. Makes me very sad. Glad I won't export cars anymore. America.

Dangermouse
07-25-2014, 12:03 PM
Why would that make you sad? They have obviously been well looked after (not knowing what condition they were in when you sent them) and are on the road.

dmcjohn
07-25-2014, 12:24 PM
At least six of those I sent over most likely. Makes me very sad. Glad I won't export cars anymore. America.

Words fail me.

louielouie2000
07-25-2014, 12:28 PM
Why would that make you sad? They have obviously been well looked after (not knowing what condition they were in when you sent them) and are on the road.

I realize it shouldn't, but the exodus of DeLoreans scattering across the globe saddens me too. The cars were designed & built for the American market, and almost all were sold new in America. That's why I feel the cars "belong" here. Forget the fact they were designed & assembled in Europe using a cocktail of mainly European components. :tongue:

That being said, it's great to see such a large weekend gathering of DeLoreans anywhere. I'm a huge proponent of these cars being driven & enjoyed, so it's much better than them sitting in some garage in non-functional condition in America. I think. :cool1:

vps3922
07-25-2014, 12:49 PM
I realize it shouldn't, but the exodus of DeLoreans scattering across the globe saddens me too. The cars were designed & built for the American market, and almost all were sold new in America.

Hmm, I do not share this opinion and I have no intention of starting a fight here, so I hope that it will just remain my opinion.

These cars were build for the American market but there are a lot of people loving them. The BTTF movie series made them popular globally (there are not many that have not ever heard of this movie) even after the factory closed down.

I think that the most important thing is that there are people out there, wherever they live, that take care of these cars and keep the legend running, with all the quirks these cars have.

I have the opportunity to own one now that I live in Canada, due to availability in North America, because it was very hard to come by one for a reasonable price (or the price I was able to pay) in Germany. I will definiteley take my D with me to Europe, should I decide to move back and still own it.

These cars are not ONLY for America - they are for the people that love (end sometimes hate) them and keep them running and on the road to carry on JZDs legecay.

But I see that you mentioned this notion as well and am happy about that. :grouphugg:
I'm a huge proponent of these cars being driven & enjoyed, so it's much better than them sitting in some garage in non-functional condition in America.

Only my opinion.

Delorean Industries
07-25-2014, 01:07 PM
Words fail me.

It's nothing personal John. From a business standpoint it is way to difficult to worry and maintain a product outside of this country on a large scale. Things comes up with cars and if I can't get the car back here quickly or to it in a reasonable/affordable amount of time there is a big problem. Plus the new owner feels despite the massive distance in between that they are wronged by the seller and left without any type of support. I like to do everything in my power to to stay on top of this. With a car built from scratch this isn't an issue but with refurbished daily drivers it really is.

Not hating on the rest of the world having cars. As stated above and not very clearly I know I have to maintain my car sales to North America.

ALEXAKOS
07-25-2014, 01:55 PM
I understand Josh's patriotic Tendencies and Business concerns... But my points to the subject:

- More Deloreans (if not ALL) over in Europe are in a restored state and or above average condition, than the ones around the US. (Current forum members excluded of course) :angel:
- Almost none will be exported to be used as parts.
- Customers form Europe (as my self) Prefer US stores for parts (as Josh's online store) hence more Exporting goods for Uncle Sam's economy
- Finally it is a European guts car with a US soul.

God would say: "Share the love"
:woot:

vps3922
07-25-2014, 03:25 PM
"Share the love"

:bigclap:

Delorean Industries
07-25-2014, 04:01 PM
Continent Tendencies. If it requires traveling over water it is an issue.