PDA

View Full Version : Wanted DMOCO Shifter plate

1batt4u
08-01-2011, 02:33 PM
Hi all,

I had posted on the old forum that I was looking for a 5-speed shifter plate from DMOCO. They stopped making them. I just checked their webpage they are also sold out on the 5-speed shifter balls.

Anyone have a 5-speed shifter plate or combo???

Thank you,

Billy

john 05141
08-02-2011, 09:44 AM
PM sent

John

uhhair
08-02-2011, 11:52 AM
I had heard a rumor they were going to reproduce them again at some point, but slightly updated so that the panel didn't score your shifter? Anyone remember this?

1batt4u
08-06-2011, 01:09 PM
I remember hearing that also, but don't know when it is happening. I hope it is real soon, need a shifter plate and knob!!

Spittybug
08-06-2011, 04:14 PM
Can I get someone to get me a measured (hopefully 1:1) drawing of the gate? Or just a tracing? I've been wanting to try making one of these out of aluminum (gentler on stick and can be brushed and sealed to be virtually indistinguishable from SS) with a friend of mine that is a wiz at such things. I also a big fan of exotic woods and might try a high polish, black ebony. Or maybe even a hybrid of both.............
Thanks.

hollywood2311
08-06-2011, 05:09 PM
I would consider selling mine. It's neat, but it makes shifting more difficult than the standard boot.

1batt4u
08-13-2011, 03:39 PM
I would consider selling mine. It's neat, but it makes shifting more difficult than the standard boot.

You still want to sell yours??

Thank you!!

Ozzie
08-13-2011, 05:06 PM

Huh? I thought just the opposite when I drove with it installed. There was even a big improvement in finding Reverse, because, well you could see where to need to take the stick to and typically the boot crunches up and and sometimes adds resistance, to move for R. All other stick positions were dead on, on my set up and plate.

I took it off over a year ago to go back to stock for a while, someday I'll put it back on.

Fluxat88MPH
08-13-2011, 05:38 PM
DPI Josh said he was gong to be making these. but not sure of when or quality. So far any of his SS products are unfinished and raw material. Perhaps he can chime in and update us?

hollywood2311
08-18-2011, 08:26 PM
Huh? I thought just the opposite when I drove with it installed. There was even a big improvement in finding Reverse, because, well you could see where to need to take the stick to and typically the boot crunches up and and sometimes adds resistance, to move for R. All other stick positions were dead on, on my set up and plate.

I took it off over a year ago to go back to stock for a while, someday I'll put it back on.

Looks wise, it's great. Operation-wise....not so much. It hinders getting into and out of certain gears, and there's been several times where I thought I was in reverse, and the lever was in the reverse slot on the shift gate....but I wasn't in reverse. With the boot, that never happened. Probably a good reason why the car came with a boot and not a flashy Ferrari-style shift gate.

john 05141
08-19-2011, 04:05 AM
I have one I do not use anymore either.
Becasue they are no longer available I do not know if I should sell it or not;
But what is it worth?

This thing is thick and heavy. Very solid. The stick is not hard to put in the slots, but I think that an aluminum version will be a bit too light. I heard that you can adjust the the stick so it goes smoother into the slots.
You can make it yourself in aluminum, but than you miss the rubber booth underneath.
An advantage is that an aluminum version you can coat black, which I think is better than the brushed stainless.

John.

1batt4u
08-20-2011, 02:43 PM
I have one I do not use anymore either.
Becasue they are no longer available I do not know if I should sell it or not;
But what is it worth?

This thing is thick and heavy. Very solid. The stick is not hard to put in the slots, but I think that an aluminum version will be a bit too light. I heard that you can adjust the the stick so it goes smoother into the slots.
You can make it yourself in aluminum, but than you miss the rubber booth underneath.
An advantage is that an aluminum version you can coat black, which I think is better than the brushed stainless.

John.

Willing to sell it?? I had sent you a message that I want it, but didn't get a response.

Thank you,

Billy

john 05141
08-22-2011, 05:44 AM
I just saw your message. I did not know I got it. Unlike the previous forum, this one does not send me a messge or pop up I got a PM.

Sorry about that!

Sent you a message back.

John

dvonk
08-22-2011, 07:13 PM
off topic, but you can turn on the notifications and pop ups if you click "Settings" in the upper right corner and then "General Settings" on the left column. :wink:

Fluxat88MPH
08-23-2011, 06:01 PM
My settings are set correctly and I have the same problem.

off topic, but you can turn on the notifications and pop ups if you click "Settings" in the upper right corner and then "General Settings" on the left column. :wink:

dvonk
08-23-2011, 10:37 PM
hm, well i havent gotten a PM since i turned the settings on, so i cant definitively state that the settings actually work... :dunno: