PDA

View Full Version : For Sale VIN 5965 Gray 5 Speed for Sale in Kansas City MO

lazabby
05-25-2011, 04:17 PM
246242241I spent some time looking at a Delorean in Kansas City, MO that is for sale. It's VIN 5965 and has a gray interior and is a 5 speed. Lined hood but no gas flap. The body panels looked very good except for the left front fender that had a couple of slight dents but they looked like they could be easily fixed. The facias were in excellent shape. The interior looked like they were in good condition, no crackes in the dash or binnacle. Seats were in good condition. Doors opened fine and were not sagging. The headliner needs to be replaced.The car has approximately 25,000 miles, speedo cable is not working. The car has the fuelzilla. Clutch master and slave cylinder recently replaced. Shocks and fuel pump recently replaced. Radio antennae stuck in up position. Radio has been replaced but the owner has the original. AC blew cold. The car started immediately and idled very smooth. There appeared to be some surface rust on the front extension. There appears to be a slight oil leak. I did not drive the car so I don't know how it handles.Overall I thought the car looked very nice and it appeared to be in good condition. The owner is asking $18,000. Call Bert at 816-966-9735 if interested.

Roman Legion
05-28-2011, 04:19 AM
Very dirty.. If I may make an observation.. Clean the car for the photos you are presenting to a potential buyer as people want to see themselves in the car and dirt does not appeal to the imagination, unless you are picturing yourself in an off-road vehicle. Good luck with your sale.

bozzzydmc
06-16-2011, 06:41 AM
A few more pictures ??

Regards

MIke

nullset
06-16-2011, 11:00 AM
I don't think the person posting this is the owner. Or at least, he claims not to be :)

I agree though, if he were the owner, he would probably want to clean it before trying to sell it!

--buddy

Dangermouse
06-17-2011, 01:14 PM
lazabby is in Houston.

He is Shannon, keeper of the vin list, and no Bert

lazabby
06-17-2011, 06:00 PM
A few more pictures ??

Regards

MIke

Here they are.

lazabby
06-17-2011, 06:01 PM
Very dirty.. If I may make an observation.. Clean the car for the photos you are presenting to a potential buyer as people want to see themselves in the car and dirt does not appeal to the imagination, unless you are picturing yourself in an off-road vehicle. Good luck with your sale.

I'm not the seller. I dropped in on the guy unannounced. We had never met before. Someone else told me where one was located and I drove until I found it.

06-17-2011, 07:30 PM
Just my 1 cent worth, 18K? I don't think so! I was thinking 8K.

lazabby
05-23-2012, 07:22 PM
I went by and visited Bert today unannounced. I saw him last year on May 25th so it's been a year. It sounds like he will take less than $18K. Interesting thing, he said that he has only started the car once since I've seen him last year. He had taken out the battery a few months ago because it had gone bad and had gotten a new battery but it wasn't installed. While I was there he installed the battery and then tried starting the car. After two tries it started right up. The engine on this car does not hunt, at least it's never hunted when I've heard it. It is the smoothest running Delorean I've heard. There are a few little things to take care of. It needs struts for the louvers. The headliner inside needs to be replaced. The bracket for the engine cover that attaches to the firewall is missing. Apparently a repair shop lost it. Anyway, Call Bert at the phone number listed at the beginning if you are interested. I'm not the seller.

uhhair
05-24-2012, 09:56 AM
Not sure if anyone has inspected this car in person, but from the pictures that frame looks horrible. Def not an 18k car if the frame is in as bad of shape as the pictures make it out to be.

pezzonovante88
05-24-2012, 12:20 PM
Not sure if anyone has inspected this car in person, but from the pictures that frame looks horrible. Def not an 18k car if the frame is in as bad of shape as the pictures make it out to be.

No way is it an $18K car. Rust everywhere on frame, ratty interior, ratty engine bay. Who knows how many minor and major issues are waiting to pop up? Body looks good, and if it runs well and has the updates mentioned, that's pretty good. How about $15K max. It would be a great project one.

Justin51982
07-26-2012, 03:57 PM
I agree, def. not an $18K car, granted it is negotiable as previously said. I agree that just from the pictures the car falls into the 8000-10000 range. I'd be curious to know if he'd be willing to part with it in that range - Does anyone who talked to him know?

lazabby
07-26-2012, 04:30 PM
I agree, def. not an $18K car, granted it is negotiable as previously said. I agree that just from the pictures the car falls into the 8000-10000 range. I'd be curious to know if he'd be willing to part with it in that range - Does anyone who talked to him know?

It won't hurt to call him and ask him.

Justin51982
07-27-2012, 12:45 AM
It won't hurt to call him and ask him.

very true, as my father always says, "A lot has been lost for want of asking"