PDA

View Full Version : I was on the news today!

Josh
08-01-2014, 10:41 AM
So my dad was chatting about my car with a client and she knew someone who knew someone etc, etc, etc that new the local (Global Regina News) Morning show's anchor. She got back to me and they wanted to have my car and I on the show. We had a 3.5 min interview, I feel it went pretty good. Tried my best to represent the car well. They will be putting up a video later today so ill put up a link when I see it!

Bitsyncmaster
08-01-2014, 10:57 AM
Cool. A star is born.

NightFlyer
08-01-2014, 11:14 AM
Very cool - looking forward to seeing the video :thumbup:

Roman Legion
08-01-2014, 07:33 PM
Can't wait to see it either.

Josh
08-01-2014, 07:59 PM
So here it is. I think the interview was pretty good but they ruined it with the cheesy bttf stuff. Its playing so loud you can barely hear me.

Not impressed.

The title was up-played from a small aside a mentioned about winning an award at DCS. I dont think its fair to Nick or Tom with all the work they have done to their cars!

http://globalnews.ca/video/1488007/award-winning-delorean

Roman Legion
08-01-2014, 08:27 PM
So here it is. I think the interview was pretty good but they ruined it with the cheesy bttf stuff. Its playing so loud you can barely hear me.

Not impressed.

The title was up-played from a small aside a mentioned about winning an award at DCS. I dont think its fair to Nick or Tom with all the work they have done to their cars!

http://globalnews.ca/video/1488007/award-winning-delorean

For the 88 MPH question for any place commonly using Kilometers instead of Miles, should have played on that a bit to turn the joke back against them a bit. But yeah, to much BTTF, but did you mention to them to not overplay the BTTF themed crap? If not, lesson to be learned.

But at least you got your car on TV, so that's cool and even though it turned out to be on the side of disappointing, I still offer again my congratulations. Doubt the news wants to interview my car since it's not iconic, so I luck out there until someone makes a movie with one in it..lol

Rich_NYS
08-01-2014, 08:34 PM
The guy was a little goofy, but you & the car looked cool and I can hear you fine. I think it's great! :thumbup2:

Although, I'm a little disappointed that you didn't say that the highlight of DCS was caravaning with Rich, Andrew, and "the other Josh" to the dragway -lol!

NightFlyer
08-01-2014, 09:01 PM
Although, I'm a little disappointed that you didn't say that the highlight of DCS was caravaning with Rich, Andrew, and "the other Josh" to the dragway -lol!

Damn straight!

Or the other highlight, which was obviously caravaning with Tom Kish and "the other Josh" (I like how Rich put that in quotation marks :wink:) from DCS to just outside Akron, OH for the DPI open house.

When he asked what the general public constantly asks you about the car, you should have said that they ask you why your engine doesn't have a plastic intake cover :biggrin:

NightFlyer
08-01-2014, 09:05 PM
You forgot to mention DMCToday.com and how there's a lot of good info on that forum, but you have to wade through a lot of bullshit to get to the good stuff :p

Josh
08-01-2014, 09:18 PM
Lol, you guys (and gals) crack me up! Thanks for the kind words, i suppose its not too bad. Still cheezy but as pointed out its how everyone knows it including the guy doing the editing so they are gonna put their spin on it.

It felt pretty quick to me; didnt really have time to elaborate or much. But DCS was a blast.

JRNY13
08-02-2014, 09:47 AM
Congrats, Josh. I bought my car in April of last year too. I'm thoroughly impressed with your restoration. Nice job with the interview and congrats on your major award.

Alan
08-02-2014, 10:07 AM
Josh, I thought it was much better than you made it out to be. The interviewer kept coming back to BTTF, but with the intro and music that was likely. There were plenty of non-BTTF questions, you were allowed to give good answers, the interviewer didn't challenge you (when he mentioned unreliable and you talked about the drive to DCS he didn't harp on unreliable), and no cocaine references. You came off great. The car looked great. It was very easy to hear the interview over the music. I'd be pretty pleased if I were you... even with all the BTTF references. Very nice!

Rich_NYS
08-02-2014, 12:37 PM
Josh, I thought it was much better than you made it out to be. The interviewer kept coming back to BTTF, but with the intro and music that was likely. There were plenty of non-BTTF questions, you were allowed to give good answers, the interviewer didn't challenge you (when he mentioned unreliable and you talked about the drive to DCS he didn't harp on unreliable), and no cocaine references. You came off great. The car looked great. It was very easy to hear the interview over the music. I'd be pretty pleased if I were you... even with all the BTTF references. Very nice!

Exactly what I was thinking....

Josh
08-02-2014, 06:12 PM
Congrats, Josh. I bought my car in April of last year too. I'm thoroughly impressed with your restoration. Nice job with the interview and congrats on your major award.

Thanks! Still very much a work in progress but its getting there.

Very true, just being a little to critical I suppose! I tried my best to represent the cars the best I could, i know the unreliable and underpowered assumptions are very common.

DavidProehl
08-02-2014, 06:57 PM
Great video! Thanks for posting!

andy blackmon
08-02-2014, 08:50 PM
HI guy, that was a great interview you had, enjoy the car. Good sense of humor you have ---it will come in handy with a Delorean.
Andy B03513

Alan
08-02-2014, 10:44 PM
Very true, just being a little to critical I suppose! I tried my best to represent the cars the best I could, i know the unreliable and underpowered assumptions are very common.

You succeeded at representing the cars well. Enjoy your "15 minutes."

ALEXAKOS
08-03-2014, 08:22 AM
WHAT? WHAT????
Car owner??? How dare they! You are a DeLorean owner!

Nice going Josh! Nice comeback with the speed limit!!! Hehe