PDA

View Full Version : My bttf build

howlingwind13
08-02-2014, 05:08 PM
Quick history, I've had the car 11 years. It had an electrical meltdown along with other major issues...and was undriveable for 9 of those years. Well after a ton of work it's running and driving. I've been collecting conversion parts for 10 years. On June 11, out of boredom I started mounting things. Working only weekends, for a month or so...this is where I'm at. Still need a few parts, and fab up the flux bands.

mike

ALEXAKOS
08-03-2014, 08:26 AM
This a very serious work and with real screen accurate parts!!! Way to go

Jonathan
08-03-2014, 09:25 AM
Looks great, Mike!

Love the plate too! ...you coming out runt?? I'd prefer to shoot you today, but if not, I'll have to shoot me a blacksmith!

Jimmycxc
08-03-2014, 07:49 PM
Very Nice!

Have you driven it with how it looks now? I hope you like attention. Best advice is watch out for people drifting into your lane when they are trying to take a picture. Also...a back up camera.

AdamKontras
08-04-2014, 12:26 PM
Incredible job!

djdogbone
08-05-2014, 02:12 AM
Fantastic!

Dangermouse
08-05-2014, 08:25 AM
That's a pretty impressive DIY

howlingwind13
08-11-2014, 03:45 PM
Thanks guys, sorry it took so long to respond, I have a 2 year old and a very sick mother, mixed with no internet at home for the last week.

Yeah, the trying to take a picture of the car when your driving is pretty scary, people just drift all over.

papanoel
08-11-2014, 10:54 PM
Thanks guys, sorry it took so long to respond, I have a 2 year old and a very sick mother, mixed with no internet at home for the last week.

Yeah, the trying to take a picture of the car when your driving is pretty scary, people just drift all over.

Its bad enough in a regular delorean, can't imagine how bad it is in a BTTF delorean.

SIMid
08-12-2014, 02:44 AM
Its bad enough in a regular delorean, can't imagine how bad it is in a BTTF delorean.

I'm sure hardly anyone would say "I prefer a stock Delorean" as most think that this is how they came out from factory. :thumbdown:

howlingwind13
08-12-2014, 07:46 AM
I'm sure hardly anyone would say "I prefer a stock Delorean" as most think that this is how they came out from factory. :thumbdown:

Actually already heard that a few times..."what is all this stuff? Why did the factory do that? What does it do?" Mostly from teenage girls who have never seen the movie.

SIMid
08-12-2014, 07:12 PM
Actually already heard that a few times..."what is all this stuff? Why did the factory do that? What does it do?" Mostly from teenage girls who have never seen the movie.

You got lucky!

Many have asked me if it was a kit car and I was trying to build the Time Machine from BTTF.

Just can't win them all........

NightFlyer
08-13-2014, 09:56 PM
Mostly from teenage girls who have never seen the movie.

Wait just a minute - did you honestly think that anyone here would buy that line??? :smackbum:

Teenage girls asking about our cars - indeed!

Ha - thanks for the good laugh though :lol:

BTTF-1
08-14-2014, 09:09 AM
Wow! What a great job.

It must be nice to have the greatest toy in the world.

She sure is a beaut.

ED:wrenchin::bootyshake::bootyshake::wave::wave::b ootyshake::bootyshake::nana1::nana1:

mac
08-17-2014, 02:26 AM
Really nice start. I like that!

Wait just a minute - did you honestly think that anyone here would buy that line??? :smackbum:

Ha - thanks for the good laugh though :lol:

The only girl I know or have ever seen you may pick up with a Delorean is my anime and movie addicted sister-in-law :fancy:, and that'll be a no-no for my wife :mechbull:

howlingwind13
08-17-2014, 11:01 AM

Ha - thanks for the good laugh though :lol:\\

I think they were more interested in ME, and needed to break the ice! LOL

toyotafreak88
12-11-2014, 04:18 AM
Nice work!
How does one find all the correct parts?

pjw315
03-25-2015, 09:30 AM
Would you be interested in having the car making a paid appearance at a party? Please PM me.

BTTF-1
03-26-2015, 12:43 PM
She's beautiful.

I love the color of the Flux Boxes.
Wow! What a great job.

ED:strongman::strongman::driving1::driving1::stron gman::strongman::thumbup:

Shep
03-29-2015, 07:16 AM
Would you be interested in having the car making a paid appearance at a party? Please PM me.FYI: you might want to make a new thread asking this in the DeLorean Events/Car Shows sub-forum (http://dmctalk.org/forumdisplay.php?8-DeLorean-Events-Car-Shows). Much more likely to get seen that way :thumbup:

mr2nut123
04-08-2015, 11:28 AM
Looking awesome! Very nice work so far. You should take VBs 'clients', you do a far better job than him!

Gary Weaver II
04-08-2015, 12:10 PM
It's looking really good Mike. Keep the updates a coming... :)

howlingwind13
04-19-2015, 02:23 PM
Thanks for the compliments guys.
Haven't been on the forum for awhile sorry for the delayed response.
Still trying to to hunt down a few conversion parts and bend the dreaded flux bands...ugh!
mike

mr2nut123
04-23-2015, 12:02 PM
Keep the pics coming dude, very nice conversion so far!

howlingwind13
04-25-2015, 02:32 PM
Having trouble posting pics from my phone, but if you want to see more pics https://www.facebook.com/DocsTTS

this is the facebook page I created for the car.
mike

aotmfilms
04-30-2015, 11:02 PM
Very Nice!

Have you driven it with how it looks now? I hope you like attention. Best advice is watch out for people drifting into your lane when they are trying to take a picture. Also...a back up camera.

lol. More like "How is the conversion handling on our Michigan roads" I was test driving a 1983 D on Saturday and that crossed my mind how our Michigan roads will Fook up a car like this. Just curious if you take it out on crazy I-696 and does anything fall off?:ohcrap:

I knew I should have went to the Dream Cruise! I was out of town for work :(

Good Job!

howlingwind13
05-04-2015, 04:59 PM
lol. More like "How is the conversion handling on our Michigan roads" I was test driving a 1983 D on Saturday and that crossed my mind how our Michigan roads will Fook up a car like this. Just curious if you take it out on crazy I-696 and does anything fall off?:ohcrap:

I knew I should have went to the Dream Cruise! I was out of town for work :(

Good Job!

Oh it's a bumpy ride without the conversion for sure...but I have had no issues yet.

aotmfilms
05-05-2015, 02:55 PM
Oh it's a bumpy ride without the conversion for sure...but I have had no issues yet.

I'm just wondering about the people wanting to take pictures. I test drove one a couple of weeks ago and the rear window with the louvres is non existant, especially with a big truck up my butt trying to take pictures. Side mirrors I had to take extra care when I changed lanes as how you have a big blind spot. They remind me of my 1996 Eclipse. I'm 5"6 so I felt like I was climbing out of a vette lol, so I don't know how Michael J. Fox managed so quickly. :) in and out of the vehicle. I have been spoiled by my 2007 Sonata's mirrors and rear view window size.

FABombjoy
05-05-2015, 02:59 PM
Side mirrors I had to take extra care when I changed lanes as how you have a big blind spot.
One of the first mods anyone should perform is installation of the convex side mirrors. They are a substantial upgrade to confidence for lane changes and rear visibility.

aotmfilms
05-05-2015, 03:41 PM
One of the first mods anyone should perform is installation of the convex side mirrors. They are a substantial upgrade to confidence for lane changes and rear visibility.

looked in the Delorean Parts Store and nada, went to Autozone just for S&G's and this is what I found.

I guess it would work. Unless someone has anything better: http://www.autozone.com/safety-and-security/blind-spot-mirror/pilot-automotive-convex-blind-spot-mirror/31929_0_0/

I just want a temp fix until something better (mirror-wise) comes along so I don't get creamed in this car. But then again it was alot of things, shifting isnt as refined as a new or newer car (I had to remind myself that I was dealing with early 80's tech here, Car had 3k miles on it but runs great!), and I was worried about not messing up the car. Like the Eclipse I couldn't see the hood and then I had the dude in the F150 who was wanting to ride IN the engine just because he was wanting to take a picture lol!

Thank you for that suggestion.

FABombjoy
05-05-2015, 03:46 PM
Normally available from deloreana.com but currently sold out. Big thread here. (http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?8319-Extended-Convex-Heated-Mirrors-and-Black-stainless-shift-knobs-coming-soon!)

aotmfilms
05-10-2015, 01:09 PM
Thank you!

aotmfilms
07-16-2015, 12:12 PM
Hey! A friend of a friend took a picture of you at Memorial Park. Just wanted to shoot it to you. :):wave2:35430

The Aviator
07-24-2015, 12:03 PM
Very nice build you got going on! I think I followed your build on therpf.com as well? I think you were saying you were looking for insurnace company at the time?

I was curious seeing since you scratch built yours, where is everyone getting all the measurements and dimensions? This I always questioned because I never saw anything publicly posted on which part goes where ect ect. What I would love to find is a name of all the parts used on the car, I haven't had any luck with that either.

Your build looks great! Good luck with it

howlingwind13
09-03-2015, 10:11 PM
Hey! A friend of a friend took a picture of you at Memorial Park. Just wanted to shoot it to you. :):wave2:35430

Sorry for the delay, been busy and not been around. But yep that's me! I remember someone taking that pic when we stopped at the light. I took my 3 year old to Eddie's drive-in for lunch.
thanks for posting
mike

aotmfilms
09-08-2015, 01:01 PM
No worries :thumbup: