PDA

View Full Version : For Sale For Sale - 1981 5-Speed (Grey Int.) 5875 - In Ontario

pezzonovante88
08-04-2014, 08:33 PM
I've decided that it's time to move onto another hobby car. The DeLorean is one of my all-time favorite cars and I wish I could keep it and build a collection, but alas, that is not really possible right now.
The car is a very nice example and has had lots of significant work done on it since my ownership and prior. It's in very nice cosmetic shape and is in excellent mechanical shape having major work recently performed, such as: Clutch kit, brakes (rotors & pads all around), SS braided brake flex lines, new master cylinder, SS braided fuel lines, SS braided clutch line, rear main seal, Cooper tires all around, throttle cable, rear axle shafts, warmup regulator, lamdba counter, front-end recall kit, wheel caps, SS coolant overflow bottle, relays, most hoses, all belts, fuel filter, AND MORE. Search DMCNY (previous owner) in the forum for more information and detailed pictures of what he did to the car. Of course brake fluid, coolant, and oil changes have all been done numerous times.
5875 always starts right up and runs and drives properly. Accelerates and stops very well with no drama. The previous, previous owner had the interior redone, so it looks great. The car is very dry and has no apparent leaks. The frame is virtually rust free, with a few touch-ups done by the PO. It really looks superb and you could almost eat off it.
The car's odometer currently shows 14,975 miles, but it stopped working on the day I picked it up from the previous owner and I never got around to addressing the problem (likely the lower speedo cable, and/or angle-drive). I believe it has about 30,000 miles because last season the lambda light came on. I replaced the lambda counter and that was the end of that.
The car has an easily reversible custom exhaust system. The car will come with the original muffler and catalytic converter (though it's actually hollow). It would take an exhaust shop about an hour or two to return the system back to original, however the current system sounds great, ads oomph, and make access to belts and pulleys much better.

If I were going to keep the car I would have had the following resolved:
-Odometer/speedometer not functioning.
-Passenger door lock mechanism needs fiddling with - though it does work. The PO removed the motor actuators in order to avoid being locked in/out, as Ds are infamous for.
-A few VERY minor dings in the stainless steel, and one minor ding in the hood. Not very noticeable at all, but they are there.
-The wheels show some pitting and could use a fresh coat of paint.
-A/C needs to be recharged or converted. I don't drive it that much so it honestly doesn't bother me much.
-The handbrake needs a new cable. It holds when pulled as tight as possible, but should be replaced or adjusted.
And that's about it. If you want a very nice (nicer than most) DeLorean to drive and show, 5875 would be a very good candidate.
This week I will try to recall anything significant that I missed and will post it here on the ad. I've included some preliminary pictures, but will upload more once I get a chance to take the car out when it's not raining!

Price: $25,000 USD (about $27,000 CDN). More Pictures and Info to Come!
29808298092981029811298122981329814298152981629817 2981829819298202982129822

pezzonovante88
08-10-2014, 12:22 PM
See Flickr Page for more Pics: https://www.flickr.com/photos/126753001@N05/

pezzonovante88
08-24-2014, 11:47 AM
Cold start and idle video clip....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeetbMLWgIc&feature=youtu.be

pezzonovante88
09-16-2014, 03:00 PM
SOLD. Congratulations to the new owner!

Jonathan
09-16-2014, 05:46 PM
Stay in touch, Mark. None of us in the group are really that far away.

Hopefully the new owner enjoys your/his new car. I'm curious if it might be heading East on the 401 to its new home? Fun times in the nation's capitol. :)

pezzonovante88
09-16-2014, 09:17 PM
Stay in touch, Mark. None of us in the group are really that far away.

Hopefully the new owner enjoys your/his new car. I'm curious if it might be heading East on the 401 to its new home? Fun times in the nation's capitol. :)

Oh I will. I'll see you guys at various car events during the season.