PDA

View Full Version : Shout out to Dave and Julee

alexwolf1216
08-04-2014, 09:50 PM
Dave and Julee are amazing......Ill tell you why.

A few weeks ago I took my car in for an alignment and a wheel balance. After i got the car back, it still rode like crap. I took the opportunity to jump on a new set of performance shocks/springs from DMCMW.

Fast forward to last Wednesday. I took the car in for Thursday morning service. I didnt hear anything until 4:45CST, the mechanic was stating that the lower ball joints needed to be replaced. They had the rear shocks/springs installed, but couldnt do the fronts. In a rush, I called Julee and they overnighted me a set to arrive on Friday.

Friday morning, I received a call from the shop manager grilling me, interrogation style, about the pricing I received and who quoted it. I mentioned his name, and he told me that he was no longer employed. The rate was going to more than double from $350 to $850, and if I didnt like it they would put the bad parts back on and I could come pick it up. Keep in mind, the rears were already on! I immediately tried to reach the owner, who was unavailable. I left a Google review, a Yelp review, and all of a sudden I had his attention. The owner called me and assured me that the car would be completed as promised by the end of the day and at the quoted rate.

End of the day, here comes a call......they couldnt get the front springs on.....so the shop guy called Dave and they talked it out. I suppose that the problem might have been putting the front springs on the rear.....makes the car ride low.....idiots....I lit back into them and they assured me it would be done Saturday afternoon. Also, they tested the alternator and the voltage regulator was bad. Joy.

I was entertaining two celebrities this weekend who were in town for comic con.......both of them wanted to see the car.......so they assured me that it would be ready now on Saturday.

Here comes Saturday!!!!!!!!!! They got the springs/shocks installed finally, but the same bozo mechanic didnt set the shocks right........the rear end was too low still. Dave talked to them again, and got them on the right track. Still not ready. Promised me on Monday.

Here comes today!!!!!!!!!! I was so excited I could finally feel these new shocks. Well, long story short, they are now unable to align the car. They removed all of the shims from the rear right, but after the shocks went on the toe changed drastically. I have had it. I went off........lost my cool. They agreed to waive all install charges, but they still couldnt get it aligned, so they kept it overnight to try and get it aligned. Hes going to call Dave tomorrow, and get what hopefully turns out to be the last bit of advice they need.

Dave and Julee both go out of their way to ensure the community is taken care of. I have had great experiences with DPI and DMCNW, but these two are truly a benefit. I spent a (to me) hefty amount while my car was up there, but you can bet your ass when I get enough cash to get a few things done at once I am shipping my car right back up to them. If I can ever get it aligned.

Thank you Dave and Julee

NightFlyer
08-05-2014, 12:09 AM
Dave and Julee are the best - love them :thumbup:

As to the shop that you're currently dealing with - now you understand why I insist on watching others perform relatively simple tasks, such as mounting and balancing my tires on the wheels.

Given all the reported problems thus far, how are you ever going to be assured that the work that they do is done correctly when you do ultimately get your car back from them???

djdogbone
08-05-2014, 12:42 AM
Alex, please PM me the mechanic so that I never end up in their shop.

Thanks

DMCMW Dave
08-05-2014, 10:18 AM
I didn't ask but found it curious that the car went in for springs and shocks and for some reason they decided to test the alternator.

alexwolf1216
08-05-2014, 10:20 AM
I didn't ask but found it curious that the car went in for springs and shocks and for some reason they decided to test the alternator.

Well, I asked them to test the battery.......my clock started flickering when i tried to start the car, which led to the alternator being ordered.

DMCMW Julee
08-05-2014, 11:47 AM
Thank you for your kind words. :blush:

Sorry that you have had such a rough time getting this job done.

djdogbone
08-05-2014, 12:13 PM
I sent Alex a message that I had a DMC mechanic I use in Shertz. He worked at the DMC dealer in San Antonio so his knowledge of the car is first hand. He's done good work on my car and this guy specializes in classic cars....has many vintage cars from the 20's on up. He's trusted and works with customers.

alexwolf1216
08-05-2014, 12:21 PM
I sent Alex a message that I had a DMC mechanic I use in Shertz. He worked at the DMC dealer in San Antonio so his knowledge of the car is first hand. He's done good work on my car and this guy specializes in classic cars....has many vintage cars from the 20's on up. He's trusted and works with customers.

Yep, car is going there from now on. Might need to invest in a trailer haha...

alexwolf1216
08-05-2014, 01:30 PM
They got the toe to .8...that's the best they could do. 2 shims on right 0 shims on left.

hmcelraft
08-05-2014, 10:10 PM
If the number you give is correct there must be something bent or installed incorrectly. .8 toe on any wheel would probably be visible and the car would be squirrelly to drive.