PDA

View Full Version : Fuel So my car was parked at a slight incline and......

penciltester
08-05-2014, 11:01 AM
It wouldn't start, the engine cranks but it wont fire. So I give it some gas and it starts up. I then go around town and park it at different angles and let it cool down. I then go out to start it, no problem. Take it back to the place I had parked it before to see if it was just a glitch. I let it cool down and it wont start again. I have not tracked down the source of my cold star problem yet but I thought this might be another clue. Also, once my car gets going for the day I don't have a problem starting it the rest of the day. This certain angle thing is new. Had half a tank of gas, front end was pointing up the incline. Thoughts?

Thanks again

Jonathan
08-05-2014, 11:14 AM
You tell me how many degrees your "slight" angle was as well as exactly how much gas was in your tank (assuming half was approximate), and I'll get my protractor and calculator out and explain the angle issue to you.

...and you tell us what you know about your fuel tank, pump, sender and internals as to whether they are new, old, good or bad condition or none of the above.

Michael
08-05-2014, 12:40 PM
How long (in hours) does cool down mean?

Jonathan
08-05-2014, 01:28 PM
How long (in hours) does cool down mean?

Good point. It might just be a hot start problem and the park angle is only coincidental.

David T
08-05-2014, 01:43 PM
Good point. It might just be a hot start problem and the park angle is only coincidental.

Cool-down is dependent on ambient temperature and how hot you got the car. 2-3 hours is typical.