PDA

View Full Version : General DeLorean Workers Reunion

Dangermouse
08-06-2014, 12:02 PM
Barrie Willis is holding an employee reunion

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/call-for-delorean-workers-to-reunite-in-belfast-next-year-1.1888464

I wonder if it applies to POGs or US sales people.

AugustneverEnds
08-06-2014, 09:14 PM
Nice to read that after so much time has passed the people who really made the DeLorean dream a reality still believe and are still proud of their achievement :bigclap:

jawn101
08-07-2014, 09:48 PM
This is great. Would love to listen in and hear all their stories! Someone should go and interview them all.

Dangermouse
08-07-2014, 10:33 PM
I read on the Irish forum that local owners are invited to attend one afternoon and bring a few cars. Should be very interesting.

There are some folks coming from the US too.

Long term hope is to get a few to come back for Eurofest 2016.

MML
08-08-2014, 03:13 PM
I read on the Irish forum that local owners are invited to attend one afternoon and bring a few cars. Should be very interesting.

It'll be great if it works out, I'd be there like a shot. You up for a wee trip home Dermot?!!

Henrik
08-11-2014, 12:03 PM
I just e-mailed Barrie Wills asking to be included on any distribution lists, photo sharing etc to see what's being planned and how it all went down.

Henrik
08-18-2014, 12:03 AM
I just e-mailed Barrie Wills asking to be included on any distribution lists, photo sharing etc to see what's being planned and how it all went down.

Not long after I had sent the e-mail, Barry e-mailed me right back. I was very honored to have received such a long and detailed response.

Guys, note in the letter that they are trying to find a number of high-profile employees. Do any of you know how to find them?

Hello Henrik

Please refer to me as Barrie.

The DeLorean jungle drums really do work, don't they?

Thank you for allowing me access to your DeLorean Owners' Blog. It made interesting reading and the enthusiasm towards our long-outstanding reunion is obvious.

For many of us the past 30 plus years have been a long and hard road of career rebuilding. Now many of us are retired and others are approaching retirement, we believe it's time for us to wallow in the nostalgia of what we all know was a phenomenal achievement by the people in Dunmurry; Belfast; Coventry; Hethel; Worthing; Andover; New York; California; Turin in Italy; Paris and Douvrin in France; and in around 200 superb suppliers worldwide. All in 28 months from the ground-breaking on the cow patch to US Federal and Californian certification and market launch. It's a world record that will never be beaten and it's about time it made The Guinness Book of Records! Even though we really needed another six months that cash constraints disallowed.

I need to say next that the event on Sunday evening 3 May is for former-employees and close supporters from Lotus; CP Trim; Visioneering; NIDA and the Department of Commerce in Belfast; and others from that era - not for owners. I'm so sorry! We have targeted 200 attendees and are at around the 100 mark just two weeks after sending out the first invitations.

It is open though to former-employees of DMC USA. Leif Montin, former parts manager in Irvine has already expressed a real interest in joining the party. Wendy Sheerer and Dan Shea have also been invited. Any others your group knows should contact me by email. We do not have addresses for other old colleagues with whom we worked such as CR Brown, Bill Charles, Jock Fearer, Lou Glasgow and Jerry Williamson. If you can assist us to trace any of these or others we would be very grateful.

As a courtesy though, we have invited two representatives each from the three clubs within the British Isles and Stephen Wynn and James Espey are coming from DMC Houston.

Robert Lamrock is also pulling together his Irish club membership in support of a gathering of DeLorean owners with their cars - probably during the early afternoon of the Sunday. If any of your group plan to be in Northern Ireland over that Bank Holiday weekend, and wish to join us as interested supporters for that gathering, I'll keep you advised on arrangements. We hope to have a Facebook page and/or website up and running soon.

I look forward to hearing more from you.

David Adams and I really appreciate your support.

Best wishes

Barrie Wills

PS: I couldn't help but make a wry smile when I saw one of your bloggers referring to me as Barrie Willis. This was a regular problem for me whilst travelling during the project as my very efficient but strong Ulster-accented secretary, Brenda Kennedy would habitually pronounce my surname as Willess, Inevitably this was transformed into B Willis at check in desks and hotel receptions. You can imagine the looks of disappointment when I showed up instead of the rising TV and movie star of those days, the young Bruce, the male lead in Moonlighting. Some of my former-DeLorean friends refer to me as Bruce all these years later - Lotus' Colin Spooner in particular!

Roberto
08-19-2014, 03:05 PM
I need to say next that the event on Sunday evening 3 May is for former-employees and close supporters from Lotus; CP Trim; Visioneering; NIDA and the Department of Commerce in Belfast; and others from that era - not for owners. I'm so sorry! We have targeted 200 attendees and are at around the 100 mark just two weeks after sending out the first invitations.

Just a reminder that the next all inclusive event in Belfast - Eurofest 2016 will be held 26th thru 29th May 2016. DeLorean owners/enthusiasts and former workers will all be invited! Details will be posted early next year - stay tuned.

Robert Lamrock
Belfast

Roberto
08-02-2015, 10:12 AM
Registrations for Eurofest 2016 have started and some former factory workers are attending once more. Numbers are well up on previous years.
You can find more details at; http://eurofest.deloreanowners.org/
Montupet (owners of current factory) are limiting the number of people that can tour the factory so this will be on a first-come-first served basis. (Half of the available places are already taken.)

Robert Lamrock
Belfast