PDA

View Full Version : For Sale 1981 BAE turbo car grooved hood. 5 speed.

Soundkillr
08-07-2014, 07:47 PM
I am considering the sale of my 81 Delorean (again) with a BAE turbo. I am in no hurry to sell, nor do I have to sell, but I have my eye on a different type of car. I have had it sold twice now and couldnt do it. If the Delorean sells at my price, I will let it go. I bought the car about 16 years ago with 28K miles from a private collector that stored it in a climate controlled building. The car
now has 36K pampered miles. I have all receipts on all work done over the years. This car has been featured in magazines, a local paper, and on ESPN's Legends of the Road, as well as winning several 1st and 2nd place awards at local shows.
1981 Grooved hood (no X) with Grey interior and 5 sp. Original window sticker
I installed the Turbo kit myself when the car had 30k miles. Installation was followed to the T, including distributer mod, and fuel mods for enrichment on boost. Car runs very well, and for reference, is stronger than a stage 2 car. Car has never been driven in rain or snow, and the bottom of the car is extremely clean. Nice stainless with good grain and no dings. Straight fascias, and good alignment on panels. Its a great car, and the fact is, I just dont drive it much. I have my eye on another car, that I think I would enjoy more at this point in my life.
Over the years I have installed:
BAE turbo kit
lower front springs
front strut bar
poly front kit for sway bar (not installed yet)
DMC houston radiator
low draw high power radiator fans from DMC Northwest
Water pump with silicon hoses under intake valley.
Thermal time swith and idle switch
otterstat switch
O2 sensor
stainless studs for splash shields
Stainless exhaust manifold gaskets
oil sending switches.
Shift rod bushings
Replaced front seal on tranmission (where shift linkage goes to)
K&N filter
Cold air intake
Correct NGK plugs recommended for BAE turbo
New a/c compressor, lines, dryer, evaporator condensor and heater core. (R12)
New Binnacle (when they were still available) (replaced original due to hairline crack)
New Houston Seat covers
All new weather seals
Led's on climate panel
Led's on doors
New fuel accumulator
New Injectors.
Brake pads.
New Trailing arm Bolts from Grady.
Fascias repainted
New houston combo fuel pump and sender (not yet installed)
black metal overflow tank (not pictured) currently installed.
Tons of other things Im sure I am forgetting
I will also include a top mount intercooler and all hardware currently not installed.
Everything on the car works, including console clock and display/tape deck on factory radio, and all mods have been tastefully done.
The car can be put back to stock very easily if so desired. I am very picky about my vehicles, and anyone in sedoc can vouch for the car. It is very clean, and would make a great delorean for someone looking for a collector car with more power than stock, or even a driver. This car has never given me any problems, and always runs great. I am
looking to get 39K CASH for the car. I may be open to slight negotiation on the price. Again, I dont have to sell it, but if someone is interested, I could be persuaded into moving on to another marque. I have included photos of the bottom as well as interior, and exterior, and can answer any questions you may have. Pm or contact me at [email protected] to further discuss.
I'm located one hour north of Atlanta.

Ron
08-09-2014, 09:28 PM
I have had it sold twice now and couldnt do it. Third time is charm...I'll believe it when I see it. ;-)

sean
08-09-2014, 09:35 PM
Third time is charm...I'll believe it when I see it. ;-)

Pfffft...more like fifth ;-)

Soundkillr
08-11-2014, 07:57 PM
Since i was asked......Guys, i cant take payments on the car by potential buyers. The only reason im selling is I want a different type of car, and im out of room. This is a VERY nice delorean, and would make someone very happy. Pm me or email with more questions. Thanks!

Domi
08-12-2014, 12:59 PM
Beautiful car with the turbo set-up, I like it!
May I ask the VIN number of your car?

Soundkillr
08-17-2014, 10:18 AM
After several attempts to load more pics, I got frustrated, so I am including the link to the ad from 2 years ago. For those interested you can see a few more detailed pics in that link. Please don't post comments in the old ad, any questions just post here. View the old ad for pictures, as price and some details have changed on the car.

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?2684-1981-Delorean-BAE-turbo-5sp-grooved-hood

Soundkillr
08-31-2014, 10:05 AM
Still available, thought I had it sold, but the buyers financial situation didn't allow him to come through. That or his wife told him no more toys, lol.

Soundkillr
09-20-2014, 03:02 PM
I forgot I recorded a walk around of this car. Car still looks exactly the same, except for black metal coolant overflow tank.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZX4vaWHhkKM

Tappdarden
09-21-2014, 03:20 AM
Nice car. I'm surprised its still available.

Well, I'm still in the Saving up for / paying off current loans phase of my Delorean ownership dream.

But if you still have it when I have the financial means, i would be interested. Sounds like your not in a big hurry anyways.

Good luck to you selling it to a good home.

Soundkillr
09-21-2014, 08:58 AM
Thank you sir! Its a great car, and i will hate to see it go, but Im at a different stage in my life now, and the fact is i dont get to drive it much anymore. Yea, keep me posted, if its still available we can talk! :)

Soundkillr
10-13-2014, 08:43 PM
Dropping price to 39k. Found a car I'm interested in. If you are interested in this car hit me up.

OverlandMan
10-17-2014, 02:06 PM
Curious but what are the little gauges to the left and right of the steering column mounted in the driver-side knee pads? I was guessing one might be boost but figured I'd ask.

Soundkillr
10-17-2014, 02:08 PM
One is for boost/vacuum, the other is air/fuel mixture. Extremely important to follow air/fuel mixture on a turbo car....you need to make sure your not leaning out on boost. I can safely say its never been an issue.

Soundkillr
12-21-2014, 01:48 PM
Bump...

Soundkillr
04-10-2015, 04:17 PM
Still up for a serious buyer with cash in hand. Found another car I'm looking at, and really don't want to store both.

Soundkillr
09-10-2015, 09:36 PM
Things are finally settling down at work, and I can re focus on weekend cars. That said, car is still available.