PDA

View Full Version : Wanted Oil cooler supt brkt - 108142

Ryan King
08-14-2014, 10:01 PM
Anyone have one for sale? My car doesn't have this bracket.

http://store.delorean.com/p-6306-oil-cooler-supt-brkt.aspx

djdogbone
08-16-2014, 01:15 AM
Perhaps this is a DPI question

ALEXAKOS
08-19-2014, 01:40 AM
Anyone have one for sale? My car doesn't have this bracket.

http://store.delorean.com/p-6306-oil-cooler-supt-brkt.aspx
If dpi does not have it... drop a pm to member eagle99-co
He has plenty used parts around

bdmiko
08-21-2014, 09:18 PM
PM sent

yellowmxwheels23
08-28-2014, 03:35 PM
I possibly have one from 712. I'll look when I'm at the shop tomorrow.

Ryan King
08-29-2014, 12:43 AM

Thank you. Let me know!

Ryan King
09-04-2014, 12:40 AM

Any luck?

Jonathan
09-19-2014, 07:12 PM
Does anyone have a photo of this cooler bracket installed on their car?

I got under my car looking to confirm it was there and I don't think it is. Not where I would have thought it would be anyway. I'd have thought it would clamp the cooler in about the middle and then the nut and bolt would secure the end of the clamp to the fiberglass pointed at the rear passenger wheel well.

Mine looks to be held in place only by the "leaky" cooler hoses and some zip ties.

Jonathan
09-19-2014, 08:07 PM
I think I found a photo showing the cooler bracket.

I think this was made by Dave S. for showing where leaks tend to come from.

I believe the cooler bracket is shown at the high point (I might not have crawled under far enough to look up at this angle on my car to see it). I don't have that aluminum coloured wrap/insulation though on my cooler. Was that factory or did someone add that?

DMCMW Dave
09-19-2014, 08:21 PM
I think I found a photo showing the cooler bracket.

I think this was made by Dave S. for showing where leaks tend to come from.

I believe the cooler bracket is shown at the high point (I might not have crawled under far enough to look up at this angle on my car to see it). I don't have that aluminum coloured wrap/insulation though on my cooler. Was that factory or did someone add that?

That's a Grady add-on. An addition heat sink for the trans oil cooler.

Yes the bracket in question is at the left end of that cooler addition and bolts through a hole in the frame. The bracket has a welded stud and the nut goes on the other side of the frame.

Jonathan
09-19-2014, 08:59 PM
That's a Grady add-on. An addition heat sink for the trans oil cooler.

Yes the bracket in question is at the left end of that cooler addition and bolts through a hole in the frame. The bracket has a welded stud and the nut goes on the other side of the frame.

Thanks Dave. Are these brackets strictly parts car parts now or does someone sell replacements of some kind?

Ryan King
10-06-2014, 09:44 PM
Got a bracket! Thanks!

Jonathan
10-07-2014, 06:26 AM
Got a bracket! Thanks!

Where did you find one, Ryan?

Ryan King
10-09-2014, 02:39 AM
Where did you find one, Ryan?

tommyrich was able to hook me up with one.

tommyrich
10-09-2014, 07:16 AM

I got some sweet horn brackets out off the deal!
Tom

Jonathan
10-09-2014, 08:55 AM

I got some sweet horn brackets out off the deal!
Tom

Does the cooler bracket fairy have any more of these to offer out of his magically bag of NLA parts?

tommyrich
10-09-2014, 01:28 PM
Does the cooler bracket fairy have any more of these to offer out of his magically bag of NLA parts?

Unfortunately no. I converted my automatic to a standard (porsche 915) and have no intention of swapping back.
Just curious, why do people need these brackets? Do they disintegrate?
Mine was in ok shape. No rust, just the plating was worn off a bit. They don't seem like they would be that difficult to reproduce.
Tom

DMCMW Dave
10-09-2014, 01:33 PM
Unfortunately no. I converted my automatic to a standard (porsche 915) and have no intention of swapping back.
Just curious, why do people need these brackets? Do they disintegrate?
Mine was in ok shape. No rust, just the plating was worn off a bit. They don't seem like they would be that difficult to reproduce.
Tom

I've seen them rust away to nothing on salt-cars.

tommyrich
10-09-2014, 06:51 PM
I've seen them rust away to nothing on salt-cars.

That makes sense.
This was from a California car. Clean frame, baked interior.
It would be nice if there were "Someone" out there who could make replacement brackets in, say, Stainless steel. :smile:

DMCMW Dave
10-09-2014, 10:17 PM
I'm not a fan of using stainless brackets on aluminum pipes. There's a corrosion issue with these two metals and it's not the stainless that corrodes. Plated steel would be better.

Sent from phone

Delorean Industries
10-09-2014, 10:47 PM
This isn't an issue with stainless parts touching components on the brackets we produce. Each brackets contact area with the pipe has a protective film applied. On our stainless line kits for the cooling system the inside of the tube is coated to prevent any type of long term issues as well. The aluminum pipes are junk to say the least. The more stainless the better.

Timeless
05-08-2023, 07:52 AM
Thread revival! I need one of these if anyone has one. Original, aluminum or stainless - doesn't matter.

82DMC12
05-08-2023, 01:03 PM
How is it possible that this bracket hasn't been reproduced yet? Or, maybe it has been but no one lists it as an available part on their website. It's been NLA for years, as this thread can attest to. I just did a frame off and thankfully I was able to re-use mine even though the stud and nut had literally pulled out of the old frame.

Delorean Industries
05-08-2023, 03:01 PM
How is it possible that this bracket hasn't been reproduced yet? Or, maybe it has been but no one lists it as an available part on their website. It's been NLA for years, as this thread can attest to. I just did a frame off and thankfully I was able to re-use mine even though the stud and nut had literally pulled out of the old frame.

We have made several batches over the years. Just like with our manual trans mounts, after a certain point the demand dropped and we switch to materials on hand, build as needed for in house use.

GS450-Junkie
06-11-2023, 09:52 PM
Thread revival! I need one of these if anyone has one. Original, aluminum or stainless - doesn't matter.

I have one. It will need to be powder coated.