PDA

View Full Version : Wanted Black int, auto preferred but not deal breaker. Under $35K. Daily driver-ish quality

rileydawgg
08-19-2014, 10:29 PM
Hi. Looking for a D that would be driven regularly if not even as a daily driver. I am somewhat mechanically inclined (just finished restoring 68 Camaro) but looking for less of a project. Main priorities are drivability and reliability (as much as that's possible, I am a realist). I am less concerned with originality... E.g. Rather have momo wheel, DMC shifter, new stereo/speakers than the Craig, new seats covers etc. And also very much prefer black int over gray, and auto over manual... but if the right black int car was a manual, I would not pass just because of that.

Obviously want clean body panels, and rust free frame. Don't mind doing things like weatherstripping, seat covers, and misc stuff myself... but would rather have professionals have tended to engine, trans, and electrical. I am pretty good with suspension work.

I'm in LA, been looking at different cars as low as $25k and as high as $40k... but nothing exactly right yet. Visited DMC down here today and the guys there were great and super helpful. Will probably have them go thru the car no matter what I decide. Very excited to join the Delorean community. Thanks!

sdg3205
08-20-2014, 12:52 AM
Have you seen this car?

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?10176-VIN-1171-Black-Automatic-3-800-miles-28-500

rileydawgg
08-20-2014, 01:59 AM
Have you seen this car?

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?10176-VIN-1171-Black-Automatic-3-800-miles-28-500

Yeah, was looking at it. I'm a little cautious about a car that sat and nobody did any service to it. I read your post... Did you ever get a chance to drive it?

sdg3205
08-20-2014, 11:08 AM
No, I fired it up and tested some systems. I'd certainly go back and drive it for you or anyone else. I was tight on time last time.

rileydawgg
08-25-2014, 09:52 PM
Bought my D! Thanks to everybody who shared their cars with me and helped me find mine.