PDA

View Full Version : Re-adjusting front facia

Trstno1
09-10-2014, 02:09 PM
Hey guys!

I was cleaning up my front end and while I had things out I wanted to see if I could close the gaps on the front facia. Is there a process for this, or has it just shrunk over time?

cpistocco
09-18-2015, 11:59 PM
Hey guys!

I was cleaning up my front end and while I had things out I wanted to see if I could close the gaps on the front facia. Is there a process for this, or has it just shrunk over time?

When you open the hood, there are some Phillips screws with washers running along the top of the bumper cover. Loosen screws, adjust cover, then tighten screws.

PJ Grady Inc.
09-19-2015, 10:55 AM
When you open the hood, there are some Phillips screws with washers running along the top of the bumper cover. Loosen screws, adjust cover, then tighten screws.

I've fixed many front facias that look like that over the years.

It's not likely to be that simple given the amount of gap to the fenders. The car probably took a light bump to the nose at some point which will push the leading edge of the reinforcement panel #105678 away from its mounting point on the facia. The best way to fix that is to R&R the facia and refasten the reinforcement panel as snugly as possible to the facia and reinstall the assembly.

You can cheat and do it on the car by R&R'ing the headlamp housings and grille and loosening the reinf. panel bolts to the facia but that is almost as much trouble as removing the facia and far more likely to damage the paint on removal of the hdlmp hsgs. There are many other things to shave, reshim and adjust to get a perfect fit while the facia is off if needed but I don't have time to explain further at the moment.

One last thing that might help is to slot the holes on the reinforcement panel and maybe even shave material off its rear edges to pull the facia closer if the above does not result in a perfect fix. You can slot the holes on the car but probably not shave the edges. Let us know how you make out.
Rob