PDA

View Full Version : Fuel question about checking fuel spray pattern

DMC81
09-14-2014, 02:09 PM
I pulled all of my injectors out to see what kinda spray patterns I was getting. According to the " HOW TO" section on testing injectors, once I jump pins 30 & 87 no fuel should spray until I press on the air plate. On mine as soon as I jump the pins the fuel sprays. Is this bad and what does it mean?

DMCMW Dave
09-14-2014, 02:16 PM
It means it is probably set too rich. Or you have a bunch of bad injectors (less likely).

Sent from phone

DMC81
09-14-2014, 02:20 PM
It means it is probably set too rich. Or you have a bunch of bad injectors (less likely).

Sent from phone

If the anti-tamper plug is still in place then does that eliminate the to rich setting?

DMCMW Dave
09-14-2014, 05:27 PM
It certainly diminishes the odds unless someone replaced the fuel distributor or put the plug back in.

Sent from phone

David T
09-14-2014, 09:37 PM
It certainly diminishes the odds unless someone replaced the fuel distributor or put the plug back in.

Sent from phone

Actually it is not all that unusual for the injectors to be dirty. Try a bottle of Techron. If the tamper plug is still in leave the mixture alone for now. What is your gas mileage? If it is over 20 MPG you are not doing too bad.

DMC81
09-14-2014, 11:13 PM
Actually it is not all that unusual for the injectors to be dirty. Try a bottle of Techron. If the tamper plug is still in leave the mixture alone for now. What is your gas mileage? If it is over 20 MPG you are not doing too bad.

I was thinking of sending them in to John to have them cleaned but now that I just found a hole in my valley, this issue is has moved to the back burner..lol