PDA

View Full Version : DOC (UK) LOTUS Event August 14/15/16 2015 All Welcome

chris williams
09-17-2014, 04:38 AM
I'm pleased to announce that for our main 2015 UK DeLorean event we will be returning to the LOTUS factory where it all began. The main thread for the event is over on our forum and all are welcome to attend either from Europe or beyond. As indeed many of you have before. The location is very close to RAF/USAF Mildenhall & Lakenheath so may also appeal to some of our American friends who have family/friends based in Norfolk. http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5440

chris williams
10-09-2014, 01:20 PM
Ok, full details on this event will be in the upcoming club magazine, however for those who dont get the magazine or wish to start getting things organised now then this is the rough itineary for the weekend.
We are staying at: The Breckland Lodge Hotel, London Road, Attleborough. NR17 1AY http://www.brecklandlodge.co.uk Tel: 01953 455202.
Room prices Single £49.95, Double/Twin £65.00, Family rooms £68.00 deluxe rooms are available for a small premium. A two course carvery meal on the Friday night is £8.95 (per person) and £11.35 for the Saturday night.

There are plenty of local attractions if you wish to extend your stay either before the above dates (or after) and the room prices will stay the same.

On The Saturday we will be spending most of the day at Lotus with a choice of tours including factory tour/classic Lotus tour/and laps of the Lotus test track. There will be a charge for these, prices will be in club mag when finalised.

On the Sunday we have allocated parking at the IWM Duxford where reduced price entrance (free for club members) has been arranged along with parking within the museum complex for DeLorean cars.

If I could urge people to book with the hotel as son as possible please using mentioning either 'DeLorean Owners Club or Chris Parnham' to get the discounted room rate.
This promises to be one of the best events we have organied and if all goes to plan should include some of the old DeLorean facilities (offices) at Lotus. Either way it should be a great weekend and look forward to welcoming friends old and new from the Uk and Europe.
Chris

chris williams
04-23-2015, 12:02 PM
As part of our main Delorean weekend we will be at IWM Duxford on Sunday the 16th August 2015. For those who are unaware about the weekend the thread is hear: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5440
This will be probably the biggest gathering of DeLoreans in the UK this year and I would like to invite any other DeLorean owners and non owners/interested parties to attend on the Sunday to join us at Duxford to see if we can make this even more of a special event. I'm looking to try to make this a sort of get together of all owners regardless of being in the owners club or any other forum, a chance to try and have a get together in a great location and have a great day out.
DOC club members will get a free admission ticket to Duxford for the day (kids are FOC anyway) I will however have discounted (about 25% discount off normal admission prices) tickets available for people either attending with club members, or non members who wish to come along for the day. Parking will be in the museum itself (for DeLorean cars only!) I think this will be a great opportunity for people to get together and have a chat in a nice location and to show our cars to the public.
If any one needs more info then please ask on hear or via 'PM' or via my mobile.
If any one is over visiting the UK that weekend then feel free to come along. The IWM Duxford is a great place to visit with a superb collection of aircraft inc a lot of US WW2 stuff, easy to get to and not to far from the US air bases and Central London.
Chris