PDA

View Full Version : Wanted Parts Needed: Ignition Lock Cylinder & Non Working Drivers Window Motor / Regulator

Andrew
09-19-2014, 12:10 PM
Hello everyone:

I need a couple parts for 5052. Specifically, I need an ignition lock cylinder. (the switch itself is fine) Before I order one from the UK, I wanted to see if anyone had one available.

I would also like a non working drivers power window motor. One with a bad motor or broken elbow would be fine. The regulator gear in mine has a bad tooth, thus I need to secure another unit to make one functional assembly.

Thanks,

Andrew

rileydawgg
09-19-2014, 02:17 PM
I'm getting both my motors replaced as we speak. Happy to send you the old ones when I get the car back.

Andrew
09-19-2014, 09:38 PM
Awesome! What were the problems with the old ones?

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk 2

rileydawgg
09-19-2014, 09:53 PM
Awesome! What were the problems with the old ones?

I just bought the car last month, and they were both the original motors and slow... I'm adding wingsaloft so wanted new motors in both doors while everything was taken apart and being done. Then on my way to DMC, the driver side window just stopped working, but since I was replacing anyway, I didn't care. Maybe it was just an electrical thing and the motors are still good.

Trstno1
09-21-2014, 03:22 AM
I will have an ignition cylinder w/key available in a bit. It appears to have been re-keyed, but it works. If your interested, shoot me an offer.

r00b
10-01-2014, 02:05 PM
I have an extra ignition lock.

Andrew
10-02-2014, 05:22 PM
Last week I ended up ordering the last ignition lock / switch unit that Rimmer Brothers had in stock (Part # CRC3914). http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/Item--i-CRC3914. It will bolt up, but it requires a plug swap.

Hopefully, they will get more in stock eventually.

Patrick C
10-05-2014, 06:32 PM
Last week I ended up ordering the last ignition lock / switch unit that Rimmer Brothers had in stock (Part # CRC3914). http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/Item--i-CRC3914. It will bolt up, but it requires a plug swap.

Can you still use the DMC key?

Andrew
10-06-2014, 05:02 PM
Can you still use the DMC key?

Nope, it is a slightly different blank from my late 81 stock key. However, I'm sure one could adapt a molded DMC key head to the Rover key.

Additionally, I was able to remove the Rover ignition switch from the lock and re-use my stock DMC ignition switch thus avoiding the plug swap.

Jonathan
10-09-2014, 08:07 AM

Do you mind saying what the cost of that switch was when you bought it? The website does not currently show a price, likely because they are out of stock (as you mentioned).

Andrew
10-10-2014, 07:20 PM
With the exchange rate it was about $95 US. Shipping from the UK was an additional $25. It took about a week to arrive, which it about how long I expected it would take.