PDA

View Full Version : Good body shop in the Atlanta area, maybe close to Woodstock

RammJaeger
10-11-2014, 12:27 PM
Guys,

Do you know of a good body shop in the Atlanta area, possibly close to Woodstock (but doesn't necessarily have to be). I think there was one Ben mentioned at some point, but I can't remember the name. I need to get something painted.

Thanks,

John

Ron
10-11-2014, 05:01 PM
Guys,
I think there was one Ben mentioned at some point, but I can't remember the name.Ben is the man for SS/paintless dent repair/regrain -- I'm sure he could hook you up for paint too. PM him...

RammJaeger
10-13-2014, 11:59 AM
FYI I'm getting work done on a non-D car, or more specifically the caps for the wheels. I've got an 83 Trans Am and I have the "Turbo Cast" rims with the black caps (AKA bowling ball wheels). The caps have an ABS plastic back, with an aluminum cover. So I need to get the dents removed or filled, and then professionally painted. I don't really want to take the caps to a "wheel shop" as it isn't really wheel shop work. It's more body shop work. Here is what they look like right now:

ccurzio
10-13-2014, 01:30 PM
Do I really have to ask what kind of project you're working on with those Trans Am caps and rims? :)

RammJaeger
10-14-2014, 07:40 AM
Do I really have to ask what kind of project you're working on with those Trans Am caps and rims? :)

I'm not turning it into a Knight Rider car. I'd call it a "Michael Long's Trans Am". Basically the Knight Rider car pre-conversion :)

ccurzio
10-14-2014, 04:31 PM
It's people like you that eat up the supply of much needed 3rd gen parts!

In all seriousness, good luck with your restoration. :)

RammJaeger
10-14-2014, 04:39 PM
It's people like you that eat up the supply of much needed 3rd gen parts!

In all seriousness, good luck with your restoration. :)

Ha. Actually it's guys doing KITT conversions that eat up the supply of much needed 3rd Gen Parts ;) I'm just trying to make a nice looking black TA with the best options (which is why I upgraded the seats to PMD and the wheels to Turbo Cast). I just posted up in the picture thread if you are interested:

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?7517-Official-Pictures-of-Other-%28Non-D%29-Cars-You-Own&p=159212&viewfull=1#post159212
http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?7517-Official-Pictures-of-Other-%28Non-D%29-Cars-You-Own&p=159213&viewfull=1#post159213

I still need to find a good body shop to take care of these caps. Or to talk to Ben if he can handle that type of thing.