PDA

View Full Version : I finally did it..

Roman Legion
08-05-2011, 07:04 PM
I finally managed to pay off my Mustang today, had to dip into my IRA to do it, but it is over. The strangest thing is I am not at all excited as one should be about paying off a car. I find myself being quite indifferent and apathetic about it. But, my military pay still has not come in yet, so I cannot get my tire or inspection.. Things are a bit better, but still the same.

TheDutchTexan
08-05-2011, 07:13 PM
You won't feel a thing till next month, when the next car payment is due. Only to find you don't have to pay a thing, and the only thing you have to worry about is insurance, maintenance and gas.

Good job on paying her off!

Roman Legion
08-05-2011, 07:19 PM
Paid it off over a year and a half early.. I will hold you to the next month payment feeling, but I doubt I will feel any different.

sean
08-05-2011, 08:46 PM
Congrats

Teirae
08-05-2011, 08:47 PM
awesome to have one less debt =)

even if you feel indifferent now, give it a while and you will notice.

Roman Legion
08-06-2011, 03:07 AM
awesome to have one less debt =)

even if you feel indifferent now, give it a while and you will notice.

To me it is just another mundane occurance in my life.. Maybe it will, maybe it won't, time will tell. My father brought up my lack of interest in paying it off; I don't know why, but I really don't care all that much about it, not a big deal to me I guess.

SIMid
08-06-2011, 03:55 AM
Awesome!! :) DMC funds from here on??

Canon20DFan
08-07-2011, 10:40 AM
Did you calculate the benefit of paying it off? That may help you like your decision. BTW, it's better to pay any loan off earlier than later; the interest is charged up front. For example, dipping into savings to pay off the last 10 years of a 30 year mortgage doesn't help you, you won't save anything on interest.

SamHill
08-07-2011, 10:52 AM
I finally managed to pay off my Mustang today, had to dip into my IRA to do it, but it is over. The strangest thing is I am not at all excited as one should be about paying off a car. I find myself being quite indifferent and apathetic about it. But, my military pay still has not come in yet, so I cannot get my tire or inspection.. Things are a bit better, but still the same.

You made good on a debt which is very un-american. I may have to report you. Pic of the Mustang?

Roman Legion
08-08-2011, 03:56 PM
..which is very un-american.

Would not be the first time I heard that one..

Pic of the Mustang?

Here are previously posted images of my Mustang.

DeMopar
08-11-2011, 03:02 PM
Next month, start paying yourself that car note. Even if you have to set up another checking or savings account and do it via auto debit. Pretend that you still have the note, otherwise you will find places to spend that money quickly! You will be very surprised at how fast you will start accumulating savings. This is also now very un-american.:clown:

Roman Legion
10-20-2011, 07:42 PM
You won't feel a thing till next month, when the next car payment is due. Only to find you don't have to pay a thing, and the only thing you have to worry about is insurance, maintenance and gas.

Good job on paying her off!

I ran back across my old thread and I still have yet to feel the way you said I would about it.. :dead:

Next month, start paying yourself that car note. Even if you have to set up another checking or savings account and do it via auto debit. Pretend that you still have the note, otherwise you will find places to spend that money quickly! You will be very surprised at how fast you will start accumulating savings. This is also now very un-american.:clown:

-$200 and counting.. Looking forward to deployment now; Even if I am having medical issues..

Citizen
10-22-2011, 01:30 PM

Great post. I was going to say the exact same thing, but you beat me to it.

(BTW - By your name, DeMopar, can I assume you have one? I have a 74 Challenger. Have been a Mopar fan since I first saw the 1970 Challenger.

Dracula
10-22-2011, 05:28 PM
Great post. I was going to say the exact same thing, but you beat me to it.

(BTW - By your name, DeMopar, can I assume you have one? I have a 74 Challenger. Have been a Mopar fan since I first saw the 1970 Challenger.

What motor do you have in your Challenger? I've got a pair of '74 Monacos; one with a 360 and the other with a 440.

Roman Legion
10-22-2011, 11:38 PM
I hope I am not as apathetic on my deployment goal.. My D.. :S

Citizen
10-29-2011, 05:49 PM
What motor do you have in your Challenger? I've got a pair of '74 Monacos; one with a 360 and the other with a 440.

Sorry for the late repsonse Chad.

My Challenger has the workhorse, but low HP 318. It was originally a plain-jane, but still looks pretty cool. It certainly is not the coveted & valuable 340, but those are getting hard to find.

BTW, I understand the 360 and the 340 were bored-out 318 blocks. And the 440 was a bored-out 383 block.

And another BTW. I got the chance to drive a 1970 Challenger with a 440/4 (stock). What an awesome car! To this day, still the most powerful car I've ever driven. I could tell you stories............

Thomas