PDA

View Full Version : 1978 Volvo 262C Bertone with PRV.

cbevis
10-23-2014, 10:07 AM
Good morning/afternoon/evening everyone.

Full disclosure: I recently registered on DMCTalk.org with the intention of selling a '78 PRV 2.7L V6 motor out of my recently acquired Volvo 262C Bertone parts car. I know this isn't EXACTLY the same motor as the 2.85 in the DeLorian...and in fact, i don't know what being four years older than the first edition of the DeLorean would mean. But given the platform, I have to wonder if there isn't something of use to someone within this community.

In an effort to show respect for your community's rules, I went ahead and asked Admin if it'd be alright to start posting a for sale thread prior to the minimum 20 post count limit, and got the go ahead. I'm not interested in wasting anyone's time with troll posts for the sake of of making a $buck, and I'm not looking to make a fortune on this thing...the rest of the car has already paid for itself twice....I just want to help keep classic cars on the road!

That said, I also do not wish to waste anyone's time if this particular motor is of no use to anyone. I figured I'd find out here, in the general resources forum, before making a for sale thread with pictures and prices. I've already sold the control pressure regulator to a friend of mine restoring his own 262C, but that's all that's missing at this point. Everyone else I know with a 262C has already dropped a SBC or SBF into it (including myself).

My guess is that if there is any interest, that it'd be for pieces...not the whole motor. But I'd rather sell the whole motor...I know there are a handful of Minnesota DeLorean owns on this forum....fingers crossed one or two of them speak up?