PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate connector

Bitsyncmaster
10-27-2014, 04:40 PM
Ultimate connector

I've finally found a connector that I'm very happy with. Solid pins (not folded sheet metal). Can crimp 16 AWG wires into the pins. It sealed so should work fine exposed to weather. Yes it cost more and you need a crimper you don't own. This connector rates right up there with most of the military connectors I've worked with all my life.

Amphenol Automotive Connectors. This 8 pin kit (all parts for both ends) is part number AT8PS-CKIT

I'm using this on my "battery relay" circuit.

robvanderveer
10-27-2014, 05:27 PM
I love the fact that the crimp tool has DMC written on it.

For my keyless remote hack, i decided to stick with the 9-pin DeLorean style connectors such as already being used on the central locking module, and the similar type being used in the door connectors (3-pins there). I found a source in EU that is not too expensive (http://www.autosparks.co.uk/index.php?cPath=94_735), and at least it looks like the original stuff being used.

I'm confident the original style connectors are safe enough to be used in the relay compartment. If any water comes in there i'm having bigger issues than just my module shorting out.

Bitsyncmaster
10-27-2014, 06:10 PM
One other nice thing with these new connectors is you don't need any special tools to pull the pin.

jackb
10-28-2014, 12:07 AM
We use those crimpers for the jets at work.
I would like to see aircraft style, metal, locking canon plugs used on autos. Not plastic with brittle breakable tabs.