PDA

View Full Version : Videobob's New TV Show on REELZ

videobob
11-01-2014, 02:04 AM

Some of you who attended DCS saw the video I played of the teaser of my new show, well, we finally have an air date.
It will debut on December 2nd, 10PM Central on the REELZ CHANNEL. (check your listings for channel).

Follow https://www.facebook.com/pages/ScreenMachines/
for updates!
Thank you!

Kane
11-02-2014, 07:41 PM
:hysterical:

Timebender
11-02-2014, 10:03 PM
It says "sorry, page not available."

videobob
11-03-2014, 12:37 AM
https://www.facebook.com/screenmachines
Sorry, I must have gotten the link wrong.
As soon as Reelz updates their main page and adds the official press release they will have the previews there.
I have found a few press releases on various websites, it hasn't rolled out yet.
First episodes air on December 2nd, check your listings!

I will be at the SEMA show in Vegas all this week meeting with some sponsors and etc., maybe I will see some of you there!
Thanks!

videobob
11-08-2014, 04:02 PM
Here is the official page on the REELZ website,
http://www.reelz.com/screen-machines/

Rich_NYS
11-08-2014, 10:22 PM
I get the REELZ channel, I'll set my DVR and look forward to it....

videobob
11-14-2014, 02:15 PM
"Good Morning Texas" on WFAA-8 in Dallas Texas promotes Bob's Prop Shop and their new reality TV show "SCREEN MACHINES" on the REELZ Channel. Featuring shots of the KITT from KNIGHT RIDER, the Delorean Time Machine from Back to the Future and the van from the A-Team.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVKRa-uc6zs&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVKRa-uc6zs&feature=youtu.be

Domi
11-14-2014, 03:34 PM
Great video!

Rich_NYS
11-14-2014, 09:55 PM
"Good Morning Texas" on WFAA-8 in Dallas Texas promotes Bob's Prop Shop and their new reality TV show "SCREEN MACHINES" on the REELZ Channel. Featuring shots of the KITT from KNIGHT RIDER, the Delorean Time Machine from Back to the Future and the van from the A-Team.

Cool...good interview!

-Looked like it was a bit too cold for your Texas blood...lol!

zimvsdib
11-15-2014, 02:33 PM
It will debut on December 2nd, 10PM Central on the REELZ CHANNEL. (check your listings for channel).

Nicholas R
11-15-2014, 04:24 PM

I care; I keep an eye on just about any DeLorean related new media. Especially if it's a TV show.

Jonathan
11-15-2014, 06:00 PM
"Good Morning Texas" on WFAA-8 in Dallas Texas promotes Bob's Prop Shop and their new reality TV show "SCREEN MACHINES" on the REELZ Channel. Featuring shots of the female host's cooch since she didn't know that you don't wear a skirt when getting in and out of a DeLorean when the cameras are rolling.

Nice one Bob!

Rich_NYS
11-15-2014, 06:05 PM
Nice one Bob!

Roger that...lol.

(Cameraman apparently didn't know enough to shoot from a different angle when she was getting in & out of the car.)

ALEXAKOS
11-16-2014, 09:54 AM
Cameraman apparently didn't know enough to shoot from a different angle when she was getting in & out of the car.
Really? I thought that was a "ha! got you bitch" shot!:chairfall:

Bob said Deloreans are hard to find?
Only 4 sold every week on ebay!
Probably meant, "Hard to find at a low price to convert and make good profit".

videobob
11-16-2014, 09:39 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueKOCBoQ56o&feature=youtu.be

They are now playing these promos in regular rotation on the REELZ Channel.
Very exiting!
I felt like some of you here would be interested in this because some of you know me, some of you are my friends and the show will feature
my Delorean Time Machine on a regular basis as it is a big part of who I am and what I do and what ultimately lead to this TV show in the first place.
I appreciate the support from my friends and fans!
Thank you!

skill
11-17-2014, 01:07 AM
Congratulations Bob & your crew~ awesome interview! My sons and I are looking forward to watching the show! Gonna get back to working on my '61 caddy coupe! :)

videobob
11-17-2014, 03:15 AM
Congratulations Bob & your crew~ awesome interview! My sons and I are looking forward to watching the show! Gonna get back to working on my '61 caddy coupe! :)

Sweet!
You're gonna love the first episode, we do a 1963 Cadillac convertible with Angel Salazar who played "Chi Chi" in Scarface and make a replica of the "Creampuff" from SCARFACE. It came out awesome and I love driving it!
Stay tuned, because the next episode immediately afterwards is about a 1960 Cadillac ambulance that we convert to the ECTO-1 from Ghostbusters.
It's a Caddy night!!!!
More to come!
Thanks!

skill
11-17-2014, 04:19 AM
rad!

DMCVegas
11-17-2014, 03:05 PM
Let me know when episodes appear online so those of us antennas can watch too.

mr2nut123
11-19-2014, 07:22 AM
Really? I thought that was a "ha! got you bitch" shot!:chairfall:

Bob said Deloreans are hard to find?
Only 4 sold every week on ebay!
Probably meant, "Hard to find at a low price to convert and make good profit".

:rofl:

videobob
11-20-2014, 01:31 PM
Reelz has updated their page and added videos, behind the scenes photos, etc.

http://www.reelz.com/screen-machines/

Rich_NYS
11-22-2014, 12:00 PM
Bob you prick...I got the FB axe!!! (lol...j/k man, I'll stay tuned.)

I'm curious to know: do you have a "regular" Delorean of your own that you drive?

videobob
11-23-2014, 03:24 AM
Sorry about that... I only have local peeps on there now...
Please go like the other fan pages we have, same stuff.
No, I don't have a stock Delorean but I do drive the Time Machine when I can.

mr2nut123
11-24-2014, 07:28 AM
Bob you prick...

This man speaks the truth.. I'll be the first to admit that I do enjoy some of your shows though when you're not bickering like a 5 year old.

videobob
12-02-2014, 01:55 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Oy0FCRUcXw&feature=youtu.be

videobob
12-02-2014, 02:00 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oEPXtUgNxA&feature=youtu.be
"It's the Bob show!!"
lol

Gary Weaver II
12-02-2014, 11:54 AM
Just had to sneak a couple of jabs in there didn't you?

Classy as ever Boob...

Henrik
12-02-2014, 01:43 PM
Are you still having the watch party at Alamo Draft House in Richardson tonight?

videobob
12-02-2014, 04:10 PM
http://youtu.be/XRQlwNogD64

Nicholas R
12-02-2014, 06:53 PM
When you said "hold onto your butts" I assumed it was a reference to Samuel Jackson in Jurassic Park. Was it meant to be? It made me curious, have you ever made any of the vehicles from Jurassic Park? I don't think I ever saw them on your site but obviously that doesn't mean you've never done one before.

Last year I helped a good friend of mine build a Jurassic Park Jeep from a 94 wrangler. Truthfully, here in Florida, we easily have as much fun in that jeep as we do with my DeLorean. :thumbup:

I need to find a way to catch these episodes online.

videobob
12-03-2014, 05:30 AM
Stay tuned, episode 4 on Tuesday December 16th should answer that question.... :goatee:

When you said "hold onto your butts" I assumed it was a reference to Samuel Jackson in Jurassic Park. Was it meant to be? It made me curious, have you ever made any of the vehicles from Jurassic Park? I don't think I ever saw them on your site but obviously that doesn't mean you've never done one before.

Last year I helped a good friend of mine build a Jurassic Park Jeep from a 94 wrangler. Truthfully, here in Florida, we easily have as much fun in that jeep as we do with my DeLorean. :thumbup:

I need to find a way to catch these episodes online.

videobob
12-03-2014, 05:34 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRQlwNogD64&list=UUmRnmv8ZFxk8gqvcYOu7Y3g

Rich_NYS
12-04-2014, 09:20 PM
Wow, pretty redhead at the fabric place.....well done Bob! :thumbup2:

BTTF-1
12-05-2014, 11:25 AM
Great show Bob.

Can't wait to see more.

ED:rant::wiggle::wiggle::rant:

DL4567
12-05-2014, 11:52 AM
Still not online anywhere?

videobob
12-06-2014, 02:25 AM
The show just started... online is where most shows go to die.
I don't know if the network will eventually put it on Netflix, Hulu or whatever.
However, if you one of you were to record it and put it up on youtube I won't rat on you ;)

Rich_NYS
12-06-2014, 06:04 PM
I watched the 2nd episode, it was pretty good and I liked it better than the first. They got a sweet Cadillac ambulance from a barn & made an Ecto-1.

A few observations so far:

Bob has a cute, smart, nerdy chick on his team that can build proton packs....nice! :thumbup2:

One of the dudes is named Jack; as soon as I saw him I thought "that guy totally looks like a DeLorean owner," aaaand.....his title is "Engineer" -lol!

I noticed the hair-sticking-up dude hasn't been sticking his tongue out like Miley Cyrus and also appears to have welding skills & attention to detail, so I give him a positive review and more credibility now.

As these type of shows go, I think it's pretty good so far. I'll keep recording the series and will watch again.

EdR5150
12-06-2014, 08:22 PM
They got a sweet Cadillac ambulance from a barn

Yeah, I'm not buying that. That thing came out of that barn in pristine condition. New-looking whitewall tires, perfect interior, great looking engine. Those generic "AMBULANCE" letters came right off, leaving behind a gleaming white paint job!
There seems to be a good amount of scripted scenes. Maybe more than most "reality" shows. Still, the cars look great, and Bob and his staff work well on camera. I hope the show gets better as the episodes progress.

videobob
12-07-2014, 02:05 AM
I assure you, everything you see is totally "real".... lol
Seriously though, some entertainment aside, we really DO build these cars. That part is legit.

Rich_NYS
12-07-2014, 10:21 AM
There seems to be a good amount of scripted scenes.

I think all of these types of shows are scripted, so I kinda "suspend disbelief" while watching.

videobob
12-10-2014, 05:01 AM
So what's your thoughts on our 3rd episode about "Knight Rider"?
They will re-play it a lot this week and next week, "Jurassic Jeep"!!!

Rich_NYS
12-11-2014, 09:38 PM
So what's your thoughts on our 3rd episode about "Knight Rider"?

Nice job with the car...looked great! Something about the "structure" of this episode I like the best so far....can't put my finger on it though.

-Another appearance by the pretty redhead(Sheila? Heather?)....thank you for that, sir!

-Rachel did an excellent job with the Cyndi L costume (your costume was also spot-on BTW.)

-Frye dressed as a Flock of Seagulls dude instead of Vanilla Ice doesn't make sense, the only explanation can be that he actually is one of the dudes from FOS.

-The dude looked genuinely surprised, I'm interested to know what he was expecting since you were there with a camera crew at his birthday party (was that mentioned and I missed it?)

Overall, pretty damn good mister. :thumbup:

maragni1985
12-12-2014, 08:41 AM
I love the Show, you guys are awesome!!

Jonathan
12-12-2014, 09:23 AM
I don't know who Dave Murry is, but here you go. KITT, Ecto-1 and the Scarface car episodes uploaded on this guy's channel so far. Has the Time Machine episode already been on?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXGv77ZA-4_oxsn7SjnGo8A/videos

videobob
12-15-2014, 03:13 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUP3iTB6nlI&feature=youtu.be
New Episode this Tuesday night!!!
Get times and channel info from http://www.reelz.com/screen-machines/

Jedidentist
12-15-2014, 08:27 PM
That was a fun show. Years ago, I was toying with building a KITT...but then I had kids and that sort of idea got squashed. The reupholstered seats were interesting. Was that webbing in the headrest always there? Maybe that was something I always overlooked. It turned out nice. I still have to watch the Ecto-1 episode.

ccurzio
12-15-2014, 10:14 PM
As someone in the process of building a KITT replica, I watched the KR episode.

The show would be MUCH better if it focused on the work that goes into converting one of these cars, and less on the ridiculous and contrived (and poorly-acted) sub-plots. The bad actress feigning shock at the car not being ready ("excuse me, can you tell me where I can find Video... Bob?"), the nonsense with going to pawn shops looking for electronics to build a voice recognition system from scratch with components that would make it impossible, the William Daniels soundalike auditions with people who would obviously not fit the part, ALL of the staged phone calls trying to rope Hasselhoff into the episode... It's ridiculous, and detracts from the work that goes into a project like this.

I'd have much rather liked to see more work being done on the car, and less banging on a Speak & Spell with a wrench in an effort to build a KITT computer. Or this goofy stuff:

http://i.imgur.com/wMA3gBu.jpg

Protip: When you can clearly make out the iPhone's dialer screen, you know immediately that there isn't even a call in progress.

If you have to try and engineer a show to be interesting by adding fluff, maybe there isn't actually a show there. Bob's Prop Shop is successful as a replica building business, and for good reason. But this isn't good TV.

Like, at all.

Was that webbing in the headrest always there? Maybe that was something I always overlooked.

Sort of, yes and no, but mostly no. The seats used in the replica aren't correct. KITT originally had PMD seats, and early in the series a black fabric was added to cover the large holes in the tops of the seats to more easily cover the face of the stunt driver that was built into the "seat" during scenes when KITT drove himself. The seats that were in the replica were some kind of aftermarket Recaro seats.

Jonathan
12-15-2014, 10:53 PM
Chris, I agree with you on how a show about building something that interests me would be better if it focused more on the car/bridge/gadget they are building and less on the antics.

What I see though, and definitely not just on Bob's show unfortunately, is that these shows either don't sell or not enough people want to see them or both. We can turn on a show about building mega structures, bridges, tunnels under mountains, smartphones or seemingly anything else, and they all seem to now include as much show about the "project engineers" after hours life as they do of when he's actually on the construction site.

For me, it is most disappointing not in the show itself, but that there are so many shows like this or even commercials with "real life, outrageous characters" in them. And no production company, TV channel or outfit paying to advertise their product is going to continue to throw money at concepts that don't work, right? And since we are seeing more of these rather than less, it leaves me thinking only one thing. The majority out there loves this stuff.

How does the George Carlin line go? "Imagine how stupid the average person is and then think to yourself that half the people out there are even stupider than that."

I cringe when thinking about what the majority of the planet is like if this is the direction we're going. The next ice age can't come soon enough, lol.

videobob
12-18-2014, 11:04 PM
Ha, I argue with the producers about this dumb shit all the time.
If it was up to me, it would be a straight up build show like "Over-Haulin'" or "Wheeler-Dealers", etc.
Our show has a unique situation, real cars guys don't give a shit about props.
Middle American housewives don't know shit about cars.
They have to meet in the middle somewhere, at least that's what they keep telling me.
As far as people's critiques over our little entertainment show, I take it with a pound of salt.
I used to produce NWA Wrestling, I was also the main announcer, so when I would meet these tards in the parking lot
complaining about this or that wrestler... it was so funny because I knew the good guy and the bad guy were room mates and
rode in the same car together and had to sneak in different doors.....cause, rasslin', well, it ain't reeeel.
The only thing real about it was it really does hurt when you jump off that top rope and hit that hard ass "matt".
That shit aint a matt, it's a canvas covered plywood floor.
I know, I have done it, that shit will straight up knock the wind out of you.
That said, we really do build our cars and in that short time frame, THAT really happens.
As for some of the other things... I will live up to my contractual obligations of non disclosure and leave that up to your imagination ;)

videobob
12-18-2014, 11:08 PM
Here's something else to pick apart...
Built this sucker in 3 days!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvdbQUSaess

videobob
12-19-2014, 05:34 AM
well, it looks like the youtube videos got taken down. Not sure who put them up but thanks for doing it!
(do it again!) lol
I don't know if REELZ will put this stuff online or not, but they do have it Video-On-Demand on DirecTV and they play it all the time.

I will be in Vegas for Christmas and then back to Dallas, then back to Vegas after New Year's to appear with my KITT car at CES.
I will announce exactly where once I have all the information.
So if anyone wants to come and meet me, I will be happy to do so.
After CES we have more meetings and stuff in LA, Hollywood, etc.
Thanks for watching!!!
- VB