PDA

View Full Version : front end work suggestions or service centers?

Hand-Schaub
11-03-2014, 06:57 PM
Hey gang - long time no talk. Quick question for the local group as I hope to get a bit of advice for local sources to get front end work done. In particular I have new upper ball joints which need installing for an alignment to be done. I also believe I need my brakes looked at and possibly worked on. I get a 'clicking' coming from the front wheels and it is dependent on speed. My research indicates it could have to do with the brake pads or the caliper pins?
Lastly, I get a rubbing/ grind noise when I take a right turn... ball joints or wheel bearings?

Anyways, since there are several issues that can be dealt with at the same time I figured I would ask if there are any good Sacramento places to go for this particular work. I have a decent garage located close to me but 'm open to suggestions.

Other than that the car is actually running smooth!

thanks!

Rich
11-04-2014, 08:43 PM
Hey gang - long time no talk. Quick question for the local group as I hope to get a bit of advice for local sources to get front end work done. In particular I have new upper ball joints which need installing for an alignment to be done. I also believe I need my brakes looked at and possibly worked on. I get a 'clicking' coming from the front wheels and it is dependent on speed. My research indicates it could have to do with the brake pads or the caliper pins?
Lastly, I get a rubbing/ grind noise when I take a right turn... ball joints or wheel bearings?

Anyways, since there are several issues that can be dealt with at the same time I figured I would ask if there are any good Sacramento places to go for this particular work. I have a decent garage located close to me but 'm open to suggestions.

Let's see if Clint, who wrenches on a few of the Ds in your area, chimes in with suggestions about shops for brakes and suspension/alignment work.

Meanwhile, a reference from a distance and some comments.

Reference: See if this shop is any good: G 12 Alignment & Brake (http://www.citysearch.com/profile/602679214/sacramento_ca/g_12_alignment_brake_inc.html)

Comments: See if that rub/grind noise happens when the inside of the left tire hits the sway bar up front with wheel at full right lock. And any good shop should be able to track down the clicking noise. Brakes or wheel bearing is my guess.

vwdmc16
11-06-2014, 06:56 PM
Ive been extrordinarily busy lately, otherwise we could make a club day or two of it.

If you want a shop to do it, i might be able to do it here at my work. While we are a bmw shop, we have all the tools and know how to do the work on a Dmc to. I work in the race division of the shop and im busy well into next year already but the street car repair side has been slow, i could talk to my boss if he is willing to take the work on.

Hand-Schaub
11-06-2014, 11:47 PM
cool - thanks for the replies. I would be interested in coming by the shop Clint. I actually have Monday off which many don't so not sure if that would work. ?

I appreciate the possibility of a tech day but I think this is pretty basic stuff that a shop can do in an hour or so rather than me tinkering with it for several days.