PDA

View Full Version : For Sale 5 cars offered for immediate sale! Europe - pickup only

Tomcio
11-14-2014, 07:03 AM
Hello everyone,

Unfortunately my situation has turned from bad to really fubar :( Please don’t ask why and how... please.

I’m offering five of my cars for sale. Possibly six but I’m still hoping to keep my 6149 to finish the restoration.
There are two conditions to this sale:
1. You have to pick the cars up from me – Warsaw, Poland
2. You have about a week to get them

As for the price, I’m relying on the honesty of the buyer and will accept any offer. I have to or the cars will go to the junk yard.

Please get in touch with me ASAP if you are interested

The cars are in poor condition. NOT RUNNING. They are mostly complete but will need extensive work to get them back into shape. I will include a whole lot of parts with the cars including one left front fender.

This post will appear on on DML as well.

ALEXAKOS
11-14-2014, 09:18 AM
Hey tom.
Sorry to hear your distress signal.
Can I have images and know if they have titles?

Starglider
11-14-2014, 10:50 AM
I am pretty sure Ed Uding at DMC Europe would buy them, he buys a lot of project cars for parts & restoration from the US. However Ed is away at the moment, until at least Monday I think, could be longer. Some people in the UK might be interested but not without photos and title information.

Domi
11-14-2014, 01:51 PM
Sorry to hear about your trouble, hope everything will be fine in a near future.
I wish I could afford at least one car to save it.
Do you have a price range?

Tomcio
11-14-2014, 02:38 PM
Guys,

I'm getting a lot of private messages asking about a certain car or about the price. I'm sorry but I can't sell them one-by-one. I need to move them before Monday morning and they ALL have to go. I have no room to store them anywhere and can't keep them parked on the street. They all need to go as one!
Because of their condition, poor shape and the time frame I'm not setting a price! There is no asking price! There is no minimum, no maximum.
I don't have any good pictures. This is all I have right now:
Along with the cars are a whole bunch of boxes full of parts.

I will take some pictures once I move the cars out of storage. For now this is all I have.

robvanderveer
11-14-2014, 02:45 PM
oh man, i can't find words. Whatever caused this: i wish you all the best.

vps3922
11-14-2014, 03:20 PM
oh man, i can't find words. Whatever caused this: i wish you all the best.

Yes, I agree. I hope that everything will work out. You have my sympathy.

I am not sure if it is worth a try but did you contact the guys from DeLoman (http://www.deloman.de/) in Germany? They might be interested and able to pull off the transport for a owner in need. I do not know them personally, but I would look into this if I would own this shop. Their phone number is on the website.

Rich_NYS
11-14-2014, 03:45 PM
-Hope everything works out for you, man....

Starglider
11-14-2014, 04:20 PM
I'm getting a lot of private messages asking about a certain car or about the price. I'm sorry but I can't sell them one-by-one. I need to move them before Monday morning and they ALL have to go. I have no room to store them anywhere and can't keep them parked on the street. They all need to go as one!

It is a very sad situation, I hope we can save the cars from being crushed at least. Chris Nicholson and I are looking at coming over from the UK and buying three, maybe we could convince others to come for the rest. But do you mean Monday 17th or Monday 24th? This weekend is pretty much impossible but we could possibly make it over for next weekend.

Tomcio
11-14-2014, 07:02 PM
Hey guys!

Thank you for the kind words. I appreciate it. This really is a total disaster for me and I can't express how devastated I am. There are two major reasons for this... one is my health and the other is that I was just kicked out of the warehouse I was renting. Needless to say, the cars have to go as I have no place to store them.
Everything has to be gone by this coming Monday, the 17th. I will try my best to maybe keep the cars for a few more days but right now it seems that I will have to just park them in front of my house.... and probably get a huge fine from the city.
I'll keep you posted but I can only reply late in the evening as I have a lot of work ahead of me packing all my stuff.

Tomcio
11-15-2014, 10:28 AM
Hello everyone,

I have received a lot of offers from all around Europe. Mostly they are for amounts equal to the cost of one or two left front fenders (i have 6!). I'm sorry but I have to say that I am disappointed.
There was one honest offer from a chap in the UK. This is a guy that is not trying to take advantage of the situation but is trying to help. YOU ARE THE MAN! Thank you! Even if things don't work out exactly as planned you have my highest respect Martin.
We'll see how it all works out but for now the cars will be safe.

Ahhh.... what a mess, what a mess...

The sale is on HOLD for now. I will let everyone know of the progress.

bastien-fma
11-15-2014, 10:44 AM
sorry to read this :(
i send you a private message. ( two, to be exact )
Courage Man !!

Starglider
11-15-2014, 12:23 PM
Martin G is a good guy. I will try and help with transport if needed.

Tomcio
11-15-2014, 02:32 PM
I'm sorry if I don't reply to all messages. If you did not receive a reply to your private message it's because I got so many messages that I'm loosing track. They're coming in form of direct forum messages, private emails, DML messages, forum posts and direct emails from my website address. It seems that my posts have really stirred things up. Now that I'm starting to see some light at the end of the tunnel I can start to gather my thoughts and explain in a bit more detail what has happened.

As you may know, when I moved from Florida to Poland I have brought six cars with me with intent of bringing them back to life. The plan was to offer fully restored cars in like new condition. Some of you have seen my attention to details... no screw or bolt would be left untouched. Anyway, I have rented an old building which used to be a bakery (some 15 years ago). The building was left idle for all those years and didn't look good. Actually, it was horrible. So, the rent was low. I've been slowly working on my car bringing it back to its former glory but unfortunately I've developed some health issues and had to put the restoration project on hold. My condition wasn't getting any better and I didn't do any work for the last two months except going from one doctor to another trying to figure out what is going on. The important bit is that I was never late with my rent. In fact, I was always early. Just yesterday I got a call in the morning from the owner that he needs to talk to me RIGHT NOW. As it turns out he has rented the entire building to somebody else and either my cars are gone by Monday morning or he will have them removed. When I showed up they have already cut the back door open and were furious that they can't get to where my cars are because I've locked the inside door (reinforced all metal door). That's a door leading from my workshop to the back rooms. The owner doesn't care what happens now as this is not really money related. He doesn't want my money, he wants me gone! The new tenant is his old time pal and a complete moron. Since I'm still not able to do any work it seemed that the only solution is to sell the cars asap before this idiot lays his hands on them. We got into a very heated argument, police was called and it really turned ugly. For now, since my rent is paid I have till the end of the month. My attorney is prepared for a legal battle in case anything happens now. The police report from yesterday will be a very strong argument here. I am told that the contents of my workshop are well insured now. So, this has bought me about two weeks to move everything.
Hopefully this will be enough time to find a new place where I can at least store the cars temporarily. One thing's for sure - NO MORE RENTING! Well, I have to find a place to store the cars for now but I'll be looking for a small lot for sale so I can build a new workshop. This way no one will ever kick me out of there. EVER!
If I can't find a place for temporary storage (it's not that easy to find a place to store six DeLoreans), Martin from UK is helping me in locating a place where I'll be able to keep them for a while. As it turns out he has better connections in Poland than I do ;)

So it seems that the disaster has been averted... for now at least and I will be able to continue living the dream.
If anything changes and I do have to sell the cars I will let you all know. At least it won't be such a sudden crazy deal like it was yesterday.

Wish me luck guys! I really love those cars and I really really really want to keep living the dream!

Thanks

refugeefromcalif
11-15-2014, 02:40 PM
Good Luck Tom!
I hope your DeLorean situation works out and your health improves.

George

Domi
11-15-2014, 02:56 PM
I hope your health will be fine in the future, and then you will be able to keep all your car :)

Alan
11-15-2014, 04:02 PM
Sorry to hear about the trouble but glad to hear it's better than yesterday already.

bastien-fma
11-15-2014, 04:11 PM
good to see it ! you can continue to live the Dream ! =)
Good luck for the future, Tom !

If you need, i leave in France and i have a free place for stock one or two cars...

( and for everybody, i am looking for a manual project car for 10k$ or less, depending details ^^ )

Ras12
11-15-2014, 04:18 PM
Glad to hear you have the problem under control. As a Landlord, I can tell you that you as a crappy move!! Never get away with that here. Tenants have all the rights.

Nicholas R
11-15-2014, 04:34 PM
Glad to hear things are looking better and major props to Martin for helping out with this!! :thumbup:

Tomcio
11-15-2014, 08:05 PM
Thank you guys for all the nice words and your support. Yep, it seems like it might actually turn out for better and I might end up in a brand new workshop of my own rather than this old and cold bakery. And even if it doesn't work out like planned and my health doesn't improve I will be able to offer the cars on some more realistic terms. This was just all crazy... like all hell broke loose. I have never been in a situation like this before.

I just hope that you'll forgive me for all this mess. I know that I have caused quite a stir but it seems to be now going in a right direction. I love those cars and I was just devastated by the thought that they'll have to go.

There isn't much I can do about this xxxx landlord. We could go into a lengthy legal battle because he was suppose to give me a six month notice and not a six hour one but is it worth the trouble? I've got more important things to take care of. One thing that I can do is spread the word. I live in a very small town and news spreads very fast in such a small community.

Thanks guys!

SIMid
11-16-2014, 05:39 PM
Just saw this thread. I hope it all works out and as I say to most of my friends, " It happens for a reason, even if it is not in your favour."

Also look after yourself, you only get one shot in life and make sure you recover from your medical problem. :) Deloreans come and go, people don't.

ALEXAKOS
11-17-2014, 09:29 AM
I am very happy to hear that someone offered new storage to Tom so he gets to keep his babies...
Those Deloreans woke up from the dead kinda like this lady (http://www.christianpost.com/news/janina-kolkiewicz-wakes-up-11-hours-after-being-declared-dead-part-of-phenomenon-known-as-lazarus-effect-129797/) in Poland...

Farrar
11-17-2014, 10:08 AM
I'm in no situation to help but I wanted to add my voice to the chorus of those wishing you well. All the best, Tom!

Tomcio
11-17-2014, 06:30 PM
Thank you guys! I really appreciate all your support! It means a lot to me!

You're right SIMid. Unfortunately my work restoring the cars and pretty much everything DeLorean related has to be put on hold. I have to take care of myself and I was specifically told to take it slow and relax. I'm not suppose to do any physical work. Gentle walks is all that I have to do for now. But, I can still do little things. I can continue working on things like mirrors, gas struts and maybe I'll get back to the LED projects so I can finally offer those LED side markers and recover some of the money I have invested.

I am very happy to hear that someone offered new storage to Tom so he gets to keep his babies...
Those Deloreans woke up from the dead kinda like this lady (http://www.christianpost.com/news/janina-kolkiewicz-wakes-up-11-hours-after-being-declared-dead-part-of-phenomenon-known-as-lazarus-effect-129797/) in Poland...

Thanks Alexakos. I'm very happy about how it's working out and if it does they will come back to life exactly like that lady. BTW, there was a lot more about this on the news here in Poland. The doctor that declared her dead said a lot more than what was in that article but the almost-dead lady didn't want to talk to the media. As you can see from the picture she's from another century and doesn't want fame. Oh, and they spoke to the guy that was there when the lady woke up. I bet that must have been a scare of his life as he said that the first thing he noticed was that the body was in a different position than he left it. Then she started moving slowly and said that she feels cold... and then asked for some hot tea. This guy must have a strong and healthy heart, don't you think? ;)

Farrar, you're helping just by posting your support. Thank you!

Again, a big THANK YOU to all who expressed their support! I'm not completely out of the woods yet but all your support made me feel a lot better and stronger. THANK YOU!