PDA

View Full Version : Bob's Big Boy in Burbank, CA

rileydawgg
11-17-2014, 11:11 PM
Met with a couple other local D owners yesterday at Bob's. Started off just as a lunch but then turned into a mini-car show when we decided to park next to eachother and take a couple photos before we left. And then all hell broke loose when Joel busted out his hoverboard. I think it attracted more people than the car itself. Interesting how people could pretty quickly tell from my car with the black interior, Momo wheel, etc and lack of props -- Arthur, the other guy had time circuits and the video camera from the movie -- that I was just the regular DeLorean car guy, not the movie guy, and they quickly gravitated elsewhere. Ha! It was actually quite nice to have all the BTTF references get directed to somebody else. Thanks guys!

I never can explain these types of people, but also had the guy (I'm being generous, he was more of a caveman) who INSISTED that John DeLorean was a cocaine addict and dealer smuggling it in the cars... and got super angry when I asked if he wanted to know the truth, and then stormed off. Unbelievable.

yellowmxwheels23
11-18-2014, 01:01 AM
Go there on a Friday. They have a weekly show. Get there early to get a spot though.

rileydawgg
11-18-2014, 02:06 AM
Yeah, used to go there a lot on fri nights when I had my Camaro and Grand National. By the time I get out of work, its 7,8pm and its already packed. Still fun to go though. Some great cars there.

Jonathan
11-18-2014, 06:57 AM
Nice! I wonder if enough people have seen the "real hoverboard" headlines in the news recently to drum up even more attention for the props? I'd still like to get one of the imitation Mattel ones, but the prices for them got ugly when the original production sold out.

That's one of my favorite parts about going to car get togethers with a few other DeLoreans there... someone else can take some or all of the questions and attention! Like you can almost take turns or shifts talking DMC or BTTF. And it gives you a chance to go look at the other cars or talk to people that you want to chat with. Not to mention give you a chance to break away for something to eat or drink :)

yellowmxwheels23
11-18-2014, 12:26 PM
Nice! I wonder if enough people have seen the "real hoverboard" headlines in the news recently to drum up even more attention for the props? I'd still like to get one of the imitation Mattel ones, but the prices for them got ugly when the original production sold out.

That's one of my favorite parts about going to car get togethers with a few other DeLoreans there... someone else can take some or all of the questions and attention! Like you can almost take turns or shifts talking DMC or BTTF. And it gives you a chance to go look at the other cars or talk to people that you want to chat with. Not to mention give you a chance to break away for something to eat or drink :)

We started playing dumb when the talk turned to BTTF. Not that we hate it but because it's pretty funny seeing these peoples faces when you pretend you have no idea what BTTF is. Try it sometimes it's pretty fun. You have to do it with a straight face though. My favorite line to use when people try and explain what the movie is, is "wait, your telling me they built a time machine, out of a Delorean" goes right over their head every time.

rileydawgg
11-18-2014, 01:08 PM
Yeah, my other favorite line is -- "BACK to the future?? Y'know, that doesn't make any sense. By definition, you can't go BACK to the future." They just don't know how to react to that. I've never been able to keep it up for too long though because I feel too bad when they just have this really confused look on their face, and maybe this is the only time they've ever seen a DeLorean...

dmcerik
11-18-2014, 08:10 PM
I live close to there. I'm newish to the area and don't have my Delorean out here (Its in Michigan) but would enjoy some Delorean time if you guys meet up again.

rileydawgg
11-18-2014, 08:44 PM
I live close to there. I'm newish to the area and don't have my Delorean out here (Its in Michigan) but would enjoy some Delorean time if you guys meet up again.

It looks like we're going to try to meet up again there Dec 21st, so put it on your calendar! PM me your contact info.

dmcerik
11-19-2014, 01:38 AM
It looks like we're going to try to meet up again there Dec 21st, so put it on your calendar! PM me your contact info.

I'll send over my contact info for future events. I'd enjoy that. Unfortunately though on December 21st I'll actually be in Michigan and subsequently with my Delorean for the holidays so I won't be able to meet up.

TTait
11-22-2014, 01:01 PM

What time?

rileydawgg
11-22-2014, 07:59 PM
What time?

1pm

If you want, PM me your info and I'll give it to Joel the guy who's organizing it.

Riley88
12-21-2014, 11:50 PM
I wanted to go...but mines still in the shop GAAAH

drdelorean
01-29-2015, 05:51 PM
Planning a trip to Bob's Big Boy with my Delorean on friday the 13th and 20th of February, would be cool to meet some other DMC owners or fanatics there!

rileydawgg
01-29-2015, 07:11 PM
Sounds good. I'm up for a trip to Bob's. My issue is I work until 7ish so can't get there much earlier than that... depending on when you're planning on going.

drdelorean
01-30-2015, 11:47 AM
Well I have never been there on friday car night, so I don't really know when people show up? and if I need to be there early to get a spot?

rileydawgg
01-30-2015, 01:15 PM
People start showing up around 5pm and stay sometimes as late as 10pm. There's a regular rotation of people coming and going (it's not a huge parking lot) so sometimes you drive around for a few minutes until a spot opens up when a regular customer is leaving.

I'll reach out to the guys that I know local, and see who else is up for joining. I'm at [email protected] if you want to coordinate on email too.

drdelorean
01-30-2015, 05:28 PM
Nice!

Well Im probably going to pick up my friend from work around 5pm in Burbank and then we will head to Big Boys, hopefully it won't be too crowded. Then we will get something to eat and hang out for a couple of hours!

Yeah that would be cool, you could also reach me at [email protected]

rileydawgg
02-12-2015, 08:43 PM
Just a quick bump for anybody in the area who wants to join us tomorrow evening, the 13th, at Bob's in Burbank.