PDA

View Full Version : Wedding getaway car in Roanoke, VA

Kevin
11-24-2014, 05:19 PM
Hi all! I've been thinking of selling my DeLorean lately (I know, crazy, right?), but I've already told a nice local couple they could use it as their getaway vehicle in their wedding on June 13th. I don't want to bail on them without someone else lined up to help them out, so I thought I'd check here.

Would anyone local-ish be able and willing to let this couple use their DeLorean as a getaway vehicle on June 13th in the Roanoke, VA area? They'd specifically like to drive it themselves, not just have it for photos. And they're paying, of course.

If not, I'll probably just keep my car until summer.

Thanks!

Utah DeLorean
11-24-2014, 07:41 PM
Hi all! I've been thinking of selling my DeLorean lately (I know, crazy, right?), but I've already told a nice local couple they could use it as their getaway vehicle in their wedding on June 13th. I don't want to bail on them without someone else lined up to help them out, so I thought I'd check here.

Would anyone local-ish be able and willing to let this couple use their DeLorean as a getaway vehicle on June 13th in the Roanoke, VA area? They'd specifically like to drive it themselves, not just have it for photos. And they're paying, of course.

If not, I'll probably just keep my car until summer.

Thanks!

As soon as you sell you will regret it and the pain in the bottom of your pit will get so bad that you will then be on the hunt for another DeLorean and it will be hard to find one that you will enjoy as much as your current one... I know for me I would love to be able to purchase a 2nd DeLorean to drive while I am working on my current one

Kevin
11-24-2014, 07:56 PM
Ah don't mess with my head!! Hehe. It's been a tough decision, I get what you're saying, but I just don't think I have the passion for automobiles it takes to maintain a classic car such as this. For all the money, work and stress I put into it, I'm just not sure I get enough back out of it to justify it. It's been a fun four and a half years, I fulfilled a dream, and it's been a great DeLorean, but I think maybe it's time to let it go and live vicariously through you all.

thirdmanj
11-24-2014, 10:11 PM
Ah don't mess with my head!! Hehe. It's been a tough decision, I get what you're saying, but I just don't think I have the passion for automobiles it takes to maintain a classic car such as this. For all the money, work and stress I put into it, I'm just not sure I get enough back out of it to justify it. It's been a fun four and a half years, I fulfilled a dream, and it's been a great DeLorean, but I think maybe it's time to let it go and live vicariously through you all.

I have no regrets.

Jonathan
11-25-2014, 10:03 AM
... I would love to be able to purchase ...

... the passion for automobiles ...

... For all the money, work and stress ...

... It's been a fun four and a half years ...

... I fulfilled a dream...

I have no regrets.

There is a subtle difference between the original sales slogan of:

Live the dream

...and that of:

Live your dream

Owning a DeLorean does not turn out to be everyone's dream. Not forever anyway.

I'd love to help you out with the wedding Kevin, but that's a little far for me to drive!

ccurzio
11-25-2014, 07:42 PM
I have no regrets.

Did you sell your car?

Iznodmad
11-27-2014, 11:31 AM
I would consider being a back up for this. Apparently this couple doesn't require an automatic transmission? ;-)

On a more serious note, hate to see you considering letting the car go. DeLoreans have a way of crushing the drive to own and maintain them. Don't let it get you down.

Kevin
11-27-2014, 01:31 PM
Thanks, Darren. I would have asked you but I know it's quite a drive for you. And yes, this couple can drive a manual. :) We can talk more about it and see what you think.

It's been a lot of soul searching, but I think I'm finally being honest with myself in that I don't get enough out of it for what I put into it. I just don't have the passion for cars in general, I just thought it would be a cool thing to have, and it is, but I don't think it's enough to keep me going long term. But maybe I'm crazy, maybe it's a phase and I just need time. I may need therapy, is there a DeLorean owners support group? ;)

Alan
11-28-2014, 09:32 AM
... is there a DeLorean owners support group? ;)

Isn't this it?😉

matrixnut2000
01-26-2015, 02:19 PM
Isn't this it?

My company has a Delorean that is screen accurate to the one used in the second back to the future film. Hovering effect and all What is the couples budget?

matrixnut2000
01-26-2015, 02:22 PM
Isn't this it?

Kevin
01-26-2015, 02:42 PM
Whoa nice. I'm not sure if they specifically wanted a BTTF DeLorean or not, but I can check to see if they'd prefer that. Are you local?

As for budget, I quoted them for $200 so I was trying to stay in that range. I could possibly pay the difference if someone needs more. Otherwise, I don't really mind keeping my car until June, gives me some time to say goodbye. :)

matrixnut2000
01-27-2015, 11:17 AM
Whoa nice. I'm not sure if they specifically wanted a BTTF DeLorean or not, but I can check to see if they'd prefer that. Are you local?

As for budget, I quoted them for $200 so I was trying to stay in that range. I could possibly pay the difference if someone needs more. Otherwise, I don't really mind keeping my car until June, gives me some time to say goodbye. :)

Ok. No problem make the last few months special... :-)