PDA

View Full Version : Dorman 799-321 Metric Nut and Bolt kit

TTait
12-06-2014, 05:32 PM
Now, I LOVE rooting through the hardware drawers at Home Depot and Lowes - you never know what you will find (but you can be sure you won't find what you need, or what is marked for that drawer). You can spend half an hour sorting through misfiled nuts and bots before giving up.

Auto parts stores are better but hit and miss - so unless you have a good local hardware store - you have likely had more than one occasions when you really needed two M7 nuts and spent more than an hour driving around looking for them. This solves many of your issues - CHEAP!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001C0HC8A/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Excellent product - saves lot of money and time. Also sold at some Pep Boys for $25 if you need one NOW.

I go through about one a year - its nice to put in fresh hardware whenever yo have something apart. Most of what is in here is pretty useful for a D owner.

Highly recommended.

Nicholas R
12-06-2014, 06:52 PM
What hardware sizes does it contain? Is it M6 and M8 or is it more than that? That is a hell of a price for that right now.

TTait
12-07-2014, 01:32 PM
Bolts are one length each in M4, M5, M7 and M10. Two lengths of M8 and 4 lengths of M6. Flat washers, lock washers, and nuts in all of those sizes.

Josh
12-07-2014, 05:16 PM
I think I will purchase this for odds and ends. Cant beat the price. Id be a little leary using kit bolts for anything structural (engine, suspension) as i have seen kits with ungraded bolts! not sure about this one.

Nicholas R
12-07-2014, 06:11 PM
I think I will purchase this for odds and ends. Cant beat the price. Id be a little leary using kit bolts for anything structural (engine, suspension) as i have seen kits with ungraded bolts! not sure about this one.

I thought the same thing but surprisingly it does say they are all class 8.8 (hopefully theyre actually stamped). I too am thinking about getting it for odds and ends.

TTait
12-07-2014, 11:59 PM
I've gone through at least 4 of these kits over the last 8 years or so - never had a problem with failed hardware. Bolts are stamped 8.8.

Chris4099
12-21-2014, 05:13 PM
My kit just arrived from Amazon. Unfortunately the lid bows out a little bit. This means the small nuts and washers can move between compartments when it's not laying flat. I had to spend about 15 minutes going through it resorting lots of it. I also have to make sure I keep it flat going forward or else I'll have to sort it again. Otherwise, not a bad selection. I just wish I had this 10+ years ago when I started working on my D! Would have saved me many trips to Ace.