PDA

View Full Version : Suspension Shocks: Spax vs. Eibach vs. DeLorean.eu vs. MidState

ssdelorean
05-25-2011, 10:20 PM
If I cannot get my Grady shocks rebuilt for a reasonable price from the company who built them, I will be on the market for new shocks in the near or next Spring future (provided this rainy Spring ever comes to a frick'n end).

I want to hear about experience and opinions on the 4 options listed below. Manufacturer's comments also welcome. Keep in mind that I drive the snot out of my car. Mostly highway miles at high speeds mixed in with those same high speeds (or slightly slower) on back curvy roads. I do not want the hard as rock tuner/ricer style that rattles my teeth. And I also don't want my grandmothers floating Buick - Uncle Buck type ride. While price is a concern, I would rather spend good money on something that will last a long time. I don't want to decide upon price only having to replace them sooner than later because they do not last.

1. Spax (http://specialtauto.com/):
- adjustable ride firmness
- I could car less about the annoying yellow color, they will not be seen and get dirty from all my driving :-)
- Rear height not as adjustable as DeLorean.eu's
- Welds not as heavy duty as DeLorean.eu's (from what I've been told by someone who had them side by side)

2. DMCH's Eibach (http://www.delorean.com/store/p-10333-eibach-springs-and-shock-set.aspx):
- no adjustable ride firmness
- Rear height not as adjustable as DeLorean.eu's

3. DeLorean.eu (http://www.delorean.eu/catalog/index.php?cPath=20_143)'s Performance Shock Set:
- adjustable ride firmness
- Rear height adjustable
- poly bushings

4. Mid-State Sport Shock Kit (http://www.midstatedmc.com/parts.html):
- no adjustable ride firmness
- Rear height adjustable

Rad Dad
05-25-2011, 11:27 PM
This is the kind of thread that gets lots of opinions, but IMHO, they are all right. Why? Cuz they are opinions. Here's ,mine: bought MidState several years ago (maybe 8 or 9), and that means many,many miles ago - probably about 60,000. They are softer than the so-called "sporty, I wish I was a Morgan (wait, I don't think Morgans have shocks)", but far from Grandma's Buick. Lots of highway cruising and very comfortable. Many days I've logged 700+ miles. Still running strong and no signs of needing to be replaced as yet. And, yes, if all of my driving was at speed on twistys, then I'd probably go for something slightly firmer, but only if all my driving were like that.

fnzen
05-25-2011, 11:46 PM
Cool thing about SPAX is that they are rear height adjustable, with stock springs you can raise or lower the tail end, also they are fully ride adjustable and for the price jeezzz

The UK forum has alot of info about them

Also I understand that DMC is now selling them.........

things that make you go hummm

r00b
05-26-2011, 01:16 AM
Hervey has some nice shocks, Easy rider 1 rears are a little floaty over bumps but It's nice, I have never felt the Easy rider 2's but I think that's what I'll be going with.

Ryan King
05-26-2011, 03:13 AM
Hervey has some nice shocks, Easy rider 1 rears are a little floaty over bumps but It's nice, I have never felt the Easy rider 2's but I think that's what I'll be going with.

I was just going to say...
I know it is not in your Top 4 choices as you listed. But I did quite a bit of research before I dropped any money on my Shocks. I went with Hervey's Easy Rider I set, and I love them. The price was incredibly reasonable ($250.00 a set), and installing them was very easy and simple. They are more for a Daily Driver type ride rather then a hard sporty ride, as they do tend to get a bit floaty, as Ruben put it.

I really like the way they sit with Martin's Springs on the front end. I also moved my original front springs to the rear, and with Hervey's shocks, it really gives the car a "mean" low look to it. I've uploaded some photos of my set-up as a reference for you. I'm in love! :)

Patrick C
05-26-2011, 05:37 AM
Here are the delorean.eu vs. Spax pictures. Ed's shocks make Spax look cheap. Nice polyurethane bushings, very beefy, slows the car as it goes down on a bump (spax slows the return up, which can allow you to bottom out more, etc.)

Bitsyncmaster
05-26-2011, 07:35 AM
Cool thing about SPAX is that they are rear height adjustable, with stock springs you can raise or lower the tail end, also they are fully ride adjustable and for the price jeezzz

The UK forum has alot of info about them

Also I understand that DMC is now selling them.........

things that make you go hummm

All the replacement rear shocks have adjustable height.

DCUK Martin
05-26-2011, 07:39 AM
Ed's shocks make Spax look cheap.

(spax slows the return up, which can allow you to bottom out more, etc.)

I've never been entirely happy with the Spax units for precisely these reasons.

Here's another option, finally being fitted to a car and will be available once we've tested thoroughly and are happy with everything. Independantly adjustable for bump and rebound, made by Protech. This is the best of the best, imo. Not cheap though!

tgraham
05-26-2011, 01:26 PM
FYI: the latest/current (as of a month or so ago, at least) DMCH setup is Eibach springs with black SPAX shocks.

Travis

GS450-Junkie
05-26-2011, 02:17 PM
Here are the delorean.eu vs. Spax pictures. Ed's shocks make Spax look cheap. Nice polyurethane bushings, very beefy, slows the car as it goes down on a bump (spax slows the return up, which can allow you to bottom out more, etc.)

$800+ a set makes any other DeLorean part look cheap.

DeloreanJoshQ
05-26-2011, 05:33 PM
I checked and the DeloreanEurope shocks are $839 US dollars (today) plus shipping.

http://www.deloreaneurope.com/

$594 plus shipping for Special T Auto's Spax Shocks

http://www.specialtauto.com/delorean-parts/suspension.html

$650 plus shipping, I am told, for the black Spax shocks from DMC....

How much are the ones you are talking about Martin?

Are the DMC Europe ones adjustable for up and down?

DCUK Martin
05-26-2011, 07:23 PM
How much are the ones you are talking about Martin?

Probably the best part of $1200 shipped. I'd need to confirm with Protech. These guys usually make shocks for motorsport and the main body is machined from a single billet specific to the application, not welded up from tubing. They are the dog's danglies 8)

ssdelorean
05-26-2011, 10:03 PM
I was just going to say...
I know it is not in your Top 4 choices as you listed. But I did quite a bit of research before I dropped any money on my Shocks. I went with Hervey's Easy Rider I set, and I love them. The price was incredibly reasonable ($250.00 a set), and installing them was very easy and simple. They are more for a Daily Driver type ride rather then a hard sporty ride, as they do tend to get a bit floaty, as Ruben put it.

[snip]

I'm in love! :)

I did not know of these until the posts here. Floaty scares me. Know of anyone near my neck of the woods to take me for a ride, unless you are planning a vacation to constantly raining Ohio ;-)

I've never been entirely happy with the Spax units for precisely these reasons.

My current Grady shocks dampen on both downward and upward travel. I would want a replacement that does the same.

FYI: the latest/current (as of a month or so ago, at least) DMCH setup is Eibach springs with black SPAX shocks.

Travis

Maybe that is why I could only find the Eibach image from the whole kit. They do not have one under the normal suspension area.

Probably the best part of $1200 shipped. I'd need to confirm with Protech. These guys usually make shocks for motorsport and the main body is machined from a single billet specific to the application, not welded up from tubing. They are the dog's danglies 8)

How long are his danglies expected to last (miles/km wise) or any kind of warranty that they may offer?

Ryan King
05-27-2011, 04:36 AM
I did not know of these until the posts here. Floaty scares me. Know of anyone near my neck of the woods to take me for a ride, unless you are planning a vacation to constantly raining Ohio ;-)

I'm moving to Pennsylvania here next month...so, maybe so!!!

Bitsyncmaster
05-27-2011, 05:33 AM

I have John's easy riders (about 5 years now). If I show at the Pitt tech session this year, you can take my car for a drive.

ssdelorean
05-28-2011, 11:54 PM
I'm moving to Pennsylvania here next month...so, maybe so!!!

Awesome. Keep me posted.

I have John's easy riders (about 5 years now). If I show at the Pitt tech session this year, you can take my car for a drive.

Haven't heard anything from Dave yet, but I would guess Aug or Sept. Hope to see you there.

DeloreanJoshQ
08-10-2011, 07:44 PM
I checked with Ed and he said they no longer carry the delorean.eu shocks; they only carry Spax shocks now.

Why wouldn't they put poly bushings on the Spax shocks?

DMCMW Dave
08-10-2011, 08:10 PM
Why wouldn't they put poly bushings on the Spax shocks?

Why? If you want them stiffer turn up the dial.

DCUK Martin
08-13-2011, 07:27 AM
For info: the sample set of Protechs showed up an issue with the diameter at the front and squeezing the twin adjustments into the lower arm. We're hoping this will be resolved.

Chris Burns
09-02-2011, 11:36 PM
Has anyone tried these?

http://www.deloreanperformanceparts.com/products/211-delorean-bilstein-shocks.aspx

1batt4u
10-25-2011, 01:58 PM
Hey Martin,

Whats the story with the Protechs??

DCUK Martin
10-25-2011, 06:10 PM
Unfortunately the twin adjustables simply can't fit within the LCA at the front unless we can make a lower wishbone solution :wink:. There's no denying the quality when compared with the Spax units, but I'm not sure the additional quality will justify the cost

Farrar
10-26-2011, 08:28 PM
unless we can make a lower wishbone solution :wink:

OK, you've got my attention now ... :)

Farrar

DCUK Martin
10-29-2011, 12:07 PM
I was kinda hinting at the discussion on the DML, but I've had a design in principle in my head for a while, I need to spend some time on CAD to see if it'll work. I'm mostly interested in working out how the thing might be made.

It was the fore-aft movement of the lower arm which caused problems you see.

AirmanPika
10-30-2011, 04:22 PM
Has anyone tried these?

http://www.deloreanperformanceparts.com/products/211-delorean-bilstein-shocks.aspx

I installed them on my DeLorean this summer but I have no idea how they are. I had to go back to Afghanistan before the shop finished my realignment (I redid all my suspension and steering) so my thoughts will have to wait until January. I can note that the front shocks were a bit hard to mount because the stock metal spacers up front that go between the LCA walls and the bushing would not fit. I had to resort to using some stacked grade 8 washers to fill the gaps instead. I'm guessing my LCAs are warped a bit like most are which didn't help.

Chris_Von_Bron
11-27-2011, 09:20 AM
Finally have the revised front shocks from Protech fitted:-

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l55/Chris_Von_Bron/UIJ%20197/front13click.jpg

They are 0.5mm thicker than the Spax which solves the clearance issue as shown below:-

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l55/Chris_Von_Bron/UIJ%20197/ProtechinfrontlowerCA.jpg

Below shows the original front twin adjust with the rear twin adjustable side by side with the Spax's.

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l55/Chris_Von_Bron/UIJ%20197/ProtechSpaxcontrols.jpg

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l55/Chris_Von_Bron/UIJ%20197/ProtechSpaxabove2.jpg

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l55/Chris_Von_Bron/UIJ%20197/strut.jpg
Kutchen bar has been covered in a soft suede like material

I have new rubber bushes everywhere. A Kutchen strut bar, DPNW poly bush anti-roll kit, Bryan Pearce upper and lower stainless control arms containing new upper and lower ball joints, Martin's front lower UK spring and stock rear springs. The height of the cars rear has been dropped via the adjustable rear shocks so it sits level.

Handling is sublime and have yet to optimise. 13 clicks at front and 26 at rear as the rear has double the dials. The suspension upgrade on the car is finally complete http://dmctalk.org/images/icons/icon6.png

I really like being able to see the aluminium finish of the rear shocks from the rear of the car as they still look bright even when grubby.

SoCalDMC12
11-27-2011, 09:17 PM
Does anyone have any experience with the "Road Hogg" lowering springs/KYB shock package on specaltauto? John's price for this package seems really good ($575).

1batt4u
11-28-2011, 12:19 AM
Finally have the revised front shocks from Protech fitted:-

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l55/Chris_Von_Bron/UIJ%20197/front13click.jpg

They are 0.5mm thicker than the Spax which solves the clearance issue as shown below:-

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l55/Chris_Von_Bron/UIJ%20197/ProtechinfrontlowerCA.jpg

Below shows the original front twin adjust with the rear twin adjustable side by side with the Spax's.

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l55/Chris_Von_Bron/UIJ%20197/ProtechSpaxcontrols.jpg

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l55/Chris_Von_Bron/UIJ%20197/ProtechSpaxabove2.jpg

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l55/Chris_Von_Bron/UIJ%20197/strut.jpg
Kutchen bar has been covered in a soft suede like material

I have new rubber bushes everywhere. A Kutchen strut bar, DPNW poly bush anti-roll kit, Bryan Pearce upper and lower stainless control arms containing new upper and lower ball joints, Martin's front lower UK spring and stock rear springs. The height of the cars rear has been dropped via the adjustable rear shocks so it sits level.

Handling is sublime and have yet to optimise. 13 clicks at front and 26 at rear as the rear has double the dials. The suspension upgrade on the car is finally complete http://dmctalk.org/images/icons/icon6.png

I really like being able to see the aluminium finish of the rear shocks from the rear of the car as they still look bright even when grubby.

I went on the website, how do I look up those shocks? I want to buy a set, front and back!! They seem awesome!!

1batt4u
12-02-2011, 12:57 PM
So how, where, can I get these Protech shocks? Now that they have the new front ones that fit.

Thank you!!

1batt4u
12-03-2011, 02:35 AM
Anyone???

DCUK Martin
12-03-2011, 08:08 AM
You can contact Protech, however beware that these are more than twice the price of other options out there.

I'm working on my own lower link set that will finally create a proper lower wishbone using the stock LCA. With that, the twin adjustables will fit up front too.

1batt4u
12-03-2011, 11:41 AM
How do the twin adjustables work exactly?? Why the 2 knobs?

Mark D
12-03-2011, 03:20 PM
How do the twin adjustables work exactly?? Why the 2 knobs?

One knob controls the damping for jounce (upstroke) and the other adjusts the damping on rebound (downstroke).

DCUK Martin
12-03-2011, 03:21 PM
Jounce is very different from bump which is adjustable (damping on the way up). The other knob does rebound.

Chris_Von_Bron
12-08-2011, 05:41 PM
I was the guinea pig for Protech and the trade off was/is that I'm now their sole DeLorean distributor.

Set of 4 shocks (2 doubles and 2 singles) with all spacers £495.00 (UK Pound Sterling)
Delivery (which can vary from time to time) £50 to USA / £10 in the UK
Lead time 5-10 working days. They come with a 3 year warranty!

I don't have any additional info or photos beyond that was already posted on the forum topic. If anyone would like to order a set please paypal me £545 at [email protected] and I'll set the wheels in motion for you.

Farrar
12-09-2011, 09:57 AM
For $850+ I am glad they have a good warranty. :)

Farrar

nullset
12-23-2011, 10:11 AM
I have John's KYB "Performance shock" on my rears right now and am pursuing a warranty replacement, because the shocks keep binding if I hit a hard bump.

I'll let everyone know what the result is.

I'm happy with the ride when the shock is working, though.

--buddy

Delorean Industries
12-23-2011, 11:30 PM
I have John's KYB "Performance shock" on my rears right now and am pursuing a warranty replacement, because the shocks keep binding if I hit a hard bump.

I'll let everyone know what the result is.

I'm happy with the ride when the shock is working, though.

--buddy

Buddy,
You can have the same results from a Spax unit dialed completely down with the ability to contour the ride setting to exactly what you like. If you are already sending in for replacements see if you can upgrade to the Spax offering that allows you more control.

DCUK Martin
12-24-2011, 06:14 AM
For $850+ I am glad they have a good warranty. :)

Farrar

It's a case of "you get what you pay for", and when you sit them side-by-side with a set of Spax units, you can really see the difference in quality.

It's not that the Spax units aren't perfectly serviceable, but for some poeple who drive their cars hard (and nobody I know drives theirs harder than Chris!) that extra edge is worth the investment.

And they look prettier too...

Totally 80s
12-24-2011, 09:49 PM
What shocks do the most work, the front or the rear? I'm guessing front but since it's rear engine I wasn't sure.

ssdelorean
12-31-2011, 03:23 PM
Thanks for all the info, posts & pictures! I'm still shopping & looking into rebuilding the Grady units, so this is all good info.

Martin,
Keep us posted on your lower link set project.

Rich
12-31-2011, 04:37 PM
What shocks do the most work, the front or the rear?

It's the rears that likely do most of the work. The sprung weight at an axle determines the jounce load for a given amount of suspension travel. The D's rear axle supports ~60% more weight than the front axle does. Let's set the rebound loads and unsprung weight, along with the spring rates, aside for now.

This is assuming the front and rear shocks have similar valving relative to the load. The amount of "work" a shock absorber does is a function of the shock's valving as well as the loads. A blown shock will do little work, for example.

A question in return: Does it matter which shocks do the most work? If so, why? Each shock is important to the overall stability and handling of the car and, in that respect, the fronts and rears are of equal importance.

Chris_Von_Bron
04-20-2012, 03:27 PM
I've had an enquiry about the shocks and whilst liaising with Protech discovered that the pricing from Dec 2011 is no longer current:-

I was the guinea pig for Protech and the trade off was/is that I'm now their sole DeLorean distributor.

Set of 4 shocks (2 doubles and 2 singles) with all spacers £495.00 (UK Pound Sterling)
Delivery (which can vary from time to time) £50 to USA / £10 in the UK
Lead time 5-10 working days. They come with a 3 year warranty!

I don't have any additional info or photos beyond that was already posted on the forum topic. If anyone would like to order a set please paypal me £545 at [email protected] and I'll set the wheels in motion for you.

It is the same as above but the pricing is now £598 (UK Pound Sterling) plus delivery.

I've had flawless running with the shocks fitted to my car and still enjoying the flexibility of the adjustments. Not cheap and most likely the most expensive out there but they are worth the investment if you're planning on keeping your car for a long time/forever :thumbup2:

dmcjohn
04-20-2012, 03:53 PM
Yo
I'm working on my own lower link set that will finally create a proper lower wishbone using the stock LCA. With that, the twin adjustables will fit up front too.

Hi Martin,

Any progress on a proper lower front wishbone? It's something I'd be very interested in.

How did Lotus do it in later Esprit's? Did they use a drop link to connect the sway bar to the control arm?

Am I correct in assuming the difficult part is not making a control arm which would fit - but connecting the sway bar to such an arm in such as way as to eliminate conflict between their movements?

I liked what deloman did to his race car:

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?1418-Delorean-Racing-Car/page2

but I posted wondering how he connected the sway bar in this case. In the picture on that thread, there is no sway bar connected and the question was not answered...

Thanks,
John

DCUK Martin
04-29-2012, 06:48 AM
Sorry for the slow response John.

Thanks to Matthew for sending me the photo below, this is my inspiration.

Note the extra "leg" is a tension member, not a compression member and as such can be considerably lighter in weight. I want to acheive a similar thing using the shock mounting bolt as a fixing point and replace the frame extension reinforcement plates with a single piece unit that allows for the attachment of this leg. I would eliminate the front ARB-to-LCA bush which would otherwise push the LCA backwards, but it will retain the rear bush and also the safety feature that provides. The forces would be transferred to the frame extension exactly as a stock setup

Unfortunately while I can cad up the entire design, my fabrication skills are somewhat lacking. Right now I don't really have the time to go about this and I'm not covinced there'd be enough interest if I went to the extent of producing them.

DMCMW Dave
04-29-2012, 09:02 AM
I liked what deloman did to his race car:

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?1418-Delorean-Racing-Car/page2

but I posted wondering how he connected the sway bar in this case. In the picture on that thread, there is no sway bar connected and the question was not answered...

Thanks,
John

Looking at that setup, the other question that comes to mind is how much the fiberglass floor had to be modified for that? It appears to me that the connection to the frame would have interference to the fiberglass about where the gas pedal is.

DCUK Martin
04-29-2012, 09:38 AM
Just looked a the photo of deloman's again and realised the triangulating bar doesn't pivot along the same axis as the LCA! Madness...

QuadcityDMC
04-29-2012, 03:44 PM
Here is a photo of my car with Sapx and Eilbach Springs

nullset
04-23-2013, 08:15 PM
I'm looking for shocks soon, and thought I'd revive this thread instead of starting a new one.

Has anything changed? Anyone previously happy with what you bought but now unhappy?

I'm looking for new shocks to replace the faulty KYBs that a certain vendor sold me. I will not be buying anything
else from that vendor, so I'm looking at other options.

I do not recommend the KYB shocks out there, as I said earlier. The car _will_ bottom out and it can be ugly.
When you report this, the vendor will tell you that no one else has ever had this problem and it's clearly your fault,
and refuse to replace/service them.

--buddy

Delorean Industries
04-23-2013, 08:31 PM
I'm looking for shocks soon, and thought I'd revive this thread instead of starting a new one.

Has anything changed? Anyone previously happy with what you bought but now unhappy?

I'm looking for new shocks to replace the faulty KYBs that a certain vendor sold me. I will not be buying anything

I do not recommend the KYB shocks out there, as I said earlier. The car _will_ bottom out and it can be ugly.
When you report this, the vendor will tell you that no one else has ever had this problem and it's clearly your fault,

--buddy

The only thing available in the states that is heavily vendor support is the Spax option currently. We both carry these in stock. The other option in our full out coil over system but it is three times the cost.

1batt4u
04-23-2013, 11:57 PM
I was actually thinking about shocks lately. Was thinking of the Protech shocks. Anyone get them recently??

Nicholas R
04-24-2013, 01:52 AM
Does anyone have DMCEU's performance shocks? I've got the shocks that come/came with the Eibach spring set. I like them but when I eventually need to replace them, I'm thinking of going with Ed's. Adjustable ride height, adjustable dampening front and rear, and full poly bushings. I know an owner near me with them who loves them. Just wondering if anyone else has them.

jmettee
04-24-2013, 06:01 AM

--buddy

I have KYBs from a certain vendor, but not sure that it's the same vendor. In face, I DO recommend the vendor that I got mine from. Mine has never bottomed out (not even close) & provides a pretty good ride. I recently had to replace 1 that I damaged on the front (had to cut it off due to a seized nut on top). The cross reference for the front was a Nissan Xterra, but it required 2 small modifications to make it like the other one.

DMCMW Dave
04-24-2013, 08:07 AM
Does anyone have DMCEU's performance shocks? I've got the shocks that come/came with the Eibach spring set. I like them but when I eventually need to replace them, I'm thinking of going with Ed's. Adjustable ride height, adjustable dampening front and rear, and full poly bushings. I know an owner near me with them who loves them. Just wondering if anyone else has them.

Those are the shocks that we (all the DMCH affiliates) carry now.

Delorean Industries
04-24-2013, 08:52 AM

Is that an offering ontop of the traditional spax or all there is now?

BABIS
04-24-2013, 07:13 PM

I know 3 friends with those shocks on their D, and all the 3 cars leaks oil from the shocks.....

1batt4u
04-24-2013, 09:59 PM
No one has the Protech?

Delorean Industries
04-24-2013, 10:07 PM
I'm confused on who has what, sells what, uses what, failed with what and likes what.

Nicholas R
04-25-2013, 02:45 AM

Wait a minute, I'm confused then.

I always assumed these shocks that have no photo: http://store.delorean.com/p-7369-performance-shock-set.aspx

Were the same as the shocks shown here in the performance suspension kit:
http://store.delorean.com/images/Product/medium/gt100110.jpg
(this is what I currently have on my car because I bought the kit years ago) here: http://store.delorean.com/p-10295-perf-shockspring-set.aspx

Does the kit actually include these shocks now?:
http://www.delorean.eu/catalog/images/GT100114PP.jpg?osCsid=f651bbd089474ff418d57f35eda9 1880
Because these are the ones I eventually want to buy^

Or is this shock set a separate kit?

Does DMCH/DMCMW/etc. carry multiple sets of performance shocks?

Chris_Von_Bron
04-25-2013, 03:25 AM
I was actually thinking about shocks lately. Was thinking of the Protech shocks. Anyone get them recently??

I’m still very happy with my Protech shocks. I know of two other owners with them but both their cars are undergoing frame off restorations so neither have put miles on theirs yet.

shots with the them on the car (and details about the shocks) are at the link below:-
http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?3762-DeLorean-in-UK-Classic-Car-Rally&highlight=protech

BABIS
04-25-2013, 05:10 AM
Does the kit actually include these shocks now?:
http://www.delorean.eu/catalog/images/GT100114PP.jpg?osCsid=f651bbd089474ff418d57f35eda9 1880
Because these are the ones I eventually want to buy^

these are the ones which will leak ;)
I know a daily driver, a racing car and a barely driven Deloreans with them and they all 3 leak oil from the rears ( I don't remember the front for sure ) and they have been installed likely in 2010..

Nicholas R
04-25-2013, 01:21 PM
I know a daily driver, a racing car and a barely driven Deloreans with them and they all 3 leak oil from the rears ( I don't remember the front for sure ) and they have been installed likely in 2010..

Interesting. No one I know with them has had issues. Maybe there was a bad batch. Have either of your friends filed a warranty claim? Ed states they have a 2 year warranty. If they were installed in 2010 and leaked in 2012 they should have told Ed. He's very reasonable.

I'm still interested in them. Dave do you sell these?

DMCMW Dave
04-25-2013, 02:11 PM
I'm still interested in them. Dave do you sell these?

This is what we all (franchises) carry now. The photo online has never been updated.

Domi
04-25-2013, 03:49 PM
I thought DMC franchises would sell the Spax (painted in black) instead of these?

Mark D
04-25-2013, 04:47 PM
I ordered the full spring/shock kit last year from DMCMW and it had the SPAX shocks included... so the change to Protech must be pretty recent.

Dave can you comment on why the switch was made? I've heard a lot of positive things about the SPAX shocks so I'm assuming the protech's must be even better.

BABIS
04-25-2013, 04:57 PM
I ordered the full spring/shock kit last year from DMCMW and it had the SPAX shocks included... so the change to Protech must be pretty recent.

Dave can you comment on why the switch was made? I've heard a lot of positive things about the SPAX shocks so I'm assuming the protech's must be even better.

those in the picture are not the Protech, they are Delorean.eu ones.. Protech are british and in a billet alluminium finish..

Domi
04-25-2013, 05:03 PM
And Protech are at least twice the price of the Spax :huh:

Mark D
04-25-2013, 05:04 PM
ah that's right, sorry I was mistaken. These are the protech shocks:

So why the change to the DeLorean EU shocks then?

1batt4u
04-25-2013, 05:45 PM
When I tried to order Ed's shocks awhile ago, he said he no longer carried those, I believe.

DMCMW Dave
04-25-2013, 05:48 PM
Dave can you comment on why the switch was made?

No, I can't.

Chris_Von_Bron
04-26-2013, 05:06 AM

Some crossed wires here. None of the DeLorean vendors are selling Protech shocks. I developed the DeLorean spec Protech with Protech so if you're interested in a set please let me know.

ssdelorean
04-26-2013, 08:29 AM
Dave can you comment on why the switch was made?

No, I can't.

Because you don't know?
or
Because you are not allowed to?

1batt4u
04-26-2013, 11:16 AM
Some crossed wires here. None of the DeLorean vendors are selling Protech shocks. I developed the DeLorean spec Protech with Protech so if you're interested in a set please let me know.

Hey Chris,

I sent you 2 PMs, asking if you still sell them and price on them.

Thank you!

Elvis
04-26-2013, 01:18 PM

Those look like the ones I have on my car since...about half a year before I went to Belfast...2006 ?

no leak, they looked like they would rust early but after all these years and many miles I must say -
they are great.
I love how the car sticks to the road :-)

Chris_Von_Bron
04-26-2013, 05:32 PM
Hey Chris,

I sent you 2 PMs, asking if you still sell them and price on them.

Thank you!

Hi Billy,
I've just seen your two messages and replied back

250in5
04-26-2013, 11:41 PM
By any chance does anyone know when we might be seeing a delivery on the Eibach Spring/Spax Shocks here in the States? I know Toby said he was expecting them soon and just wanted to see if anyone might know so I can get my car back on the road. Thanks-

Tillsy
04-27-2013, 10:28 PM
By any chance does anyone know when we might be seeing a delivery on the Eibach Spring/Spax Shocks here in the States? I know Toby said he was expecting them soon and just wanted to see if anyone might know so I can get my car back on the road. Thanks-

I received my Eibach springs from DMCMW last week, the shocks I was told were a couple of weeks away so I'm anticipating any day now?