PDA

View Full Version : Wanted Deloreans Needed - Cash is ready

videobob
12-10-2014, 10:25 PM
I am looking to buy some Deloreans, unpainted, decent condition, auto or manual.
PM me with what you got and we can make a deal!

skill
12-10-2014, 11:26 PM
Must be a good sign Bob! Are you getting a lot of calls because of the show? I just see the demand for BTTFs going up the roof cuz Oct 2015 is right around the corner! :) The CUBS win the World Series (http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/reminder--the-cubs-won-the-2015-world-series-in--back-to-the-future-2-085935047.html)! GetYo Shirts (http://www.redbubble.com/people/coattails/works/8630302-2015-world-series-champions?p=t-shirt)!

videobob
12-12-2014, 06:21 PM
I already had some sales pending before the show, I am building several cars right now (#17 & #18) and I anticipate doing more.

TheDutchTexan
12-14-2014, 11:47 AM
NOOOOOOO... there won't be any stock DeLoreans left for me to buy when I am ready!

Congratulations on your show VideoBob! I know you have been lobbying and putting yourself out there for a really long time. I never did visit your shop, but since you are a common name now due to your show I don't want to interrupt anything with my DeLorean wannahave-ism.

videobob
01-15-2015, 04:26 PM
This is still active!
CASH IN HAND!

videobob
01-15-2015, 05:00 PM
I just wanted to offer some tips to sellers that might help transactions go smoother.

I just had a really bad experience with a horrible seller.
He contacted me to tell me he had a car for sale, but basically refused to tell me anything about it.
He wouldn't give me his name, or the price, or the condition, or photos.
He wanted me to call him, but I was out on the road and I am either driving, or riding in my tour bus,
the reception out in the desert is not good and this thing is loud with all the wind, etc.
Calls get dropped out here easily.
I do however have satellite and internet, so I am on my computer a lot.
I finally called the guy after about 10 pointless emails and he was very rude to me.
Some of these people think they have solid gold when in reality they have a car with half a motor, no title, missing the front and rear fascias and a completely shot interior
and he is going to do me a favor with a super duper deal, if I kiss his ass enough.... no thanks.

So if you want to sell a car, here is some information you will need to send to the prospective buyer.

1: Make and model of car.
2: Color of exterior and interior
3: Description of engine and transmission, running or not, things it needs.
4: Mileage of the odometer.
5: List any damage or special notes such as "No Title".
6: The asking price.
7: Location of the vehicle.
8: Your name and contact information.
9: Photos included, or links to photos, or offers of photos.
10: Try not to insult your buyer, you might want to instill some trust.

You will be amazed at how well things will go!

sdg3205
01-15-2015, 09:31 PM
I just wanted to offer some tips to sellers that might help transactions go smoother.

So if you want to sell a car, here is some information you will need to send to the prospective buyer.

1: Make and model of car.
2: Color of exterior and interior
3: Description of engine and transmission, running or not, things it needs.
4: Mileage of the odometer.
5: List any damage or special notes such as "No Title".
6: The asking price.
7: Location of the vehicle.
8: Your name and contact information.
9: Photos included, or links to photos, or offers of photos.
10: Try not to insult your buyer, you might want to instill some trust.

You will be amazed at how well things will go!

I sent you a PM with some of the information above about my car twice and never received a response, not even a "Thanks, but no thanks."

This works both ways. Why don't you tell us what you're not interested in so we don't waste our time? Like "no cars outside the USA" or "I don't want to spend $30k"

videobob
01-16-2015, 06:30 AM
Sorry Dave, I don't always know I have messages waiting.
I am looking for a gray/auto at the moment, but always will consider a good deal on any Delorean.
However, an international car priced at the top of it's possible value is not that appeasing to me.
But, good luck with selling your car in Canada for $35,000, someone up there will love it!
Thanks.

DMCBRANDON5873
01-16-2015, 11:37 AM
Pm sent bob

sdg3205
01-16-2015, 12:12 PM
Sorry Dave, I don't always know I have messages waiting.
I am looking for a gray/auto at the moment, but always will consider a good deal on any Delorean.
However, an international car priced at the top of it's possible value is not that appeasing to me.
But, good luck with selling your car in Canada for $35,000, someone up there will love it!
Thanks.

Fair enough!

videobob
01-16-2015, 05:06 PM
If anyone wants to contact me directly, my personal email is [email protected]
This might keep the wires from getting crossed on these PM's.

I am looking for a gray/auto at the moment, but all cars are considered.
Trying to find decent runners in the $20K or less range, but will spend up to $25K if the car is pretty nice.
Dealing with me, you are dealing with someone who has owned almost 20 Deloreans over the last 12 years and
someone deep in the Delorean community, so I know what to expect and we don't need to tap dance as much.
I am familiar with the car purchase dance, payment, shipping, etc.
So we can do this quickly.
If you want to skip listing fees, commissions, hundreds of annoying phone calls from "dreamers" and tire kickers,
then let me know what you have and we can do some business!
Thank you!

eagle-co94
01-16-2015, 07:17 PM
Let me know if you change your mind and become interested in a black interior 5 speed.

videobob
02-27-2015, 03:45 PM
Still looking for Gray Automatics,
I have several customers in line who want these, I have a generous budget for good cars.
Let me know what you have!

hillbillydmc
03-30-2015, 09:31 AM
I think he is just looking for info on other Deloreans and there owners?

ccurzio
03-31-2015, 10:53 AM
I think he is just looking for info on other Deloreans and there owners?

No. Where do you get that from?

"Cash is ready" in the title. He's looking to buy.

eagle-co94
03-31-2015, 11:05 AM
He's just being very selective as I approached him about 3 separate cars and he only wants clean titled cars for very cheap prices. He's not willing to pay what they are selling for.

Jimmyvonviggle
03-31-2015, 05:05 PM
Am I the only one that would rather drive his DeLorean off a cliff and see it explode into a ball of flames then allow it to be turned into another bttf conversion? Just saying.

ccurzio
03-31-2015, 06:55 PM
Am I the only one that would rather drive his DeLorean off a cliff and see it explode into a ball of flames then allow it to be turned into another bttf conversion? Just saying.

I would love to have a Time Vehicle conversion, but I'm absolutely not willing to sacrifice my stock DeLorean to do so.

The only circumstance under which I will ever have a BTTF conversion is if I come into an absolute beater DeLorean that needs an almost ground-up restoration. Even then I'd prefer the parts be recycled back into the community to keep our stock cars running.