PDA

View Full Version : For Sale Early 81 Auto Black Interior Solid DMC Refurb Daily Driver With Unique Media History

whocruiser
12-11-2014, 06:26 PM
So, where was I on a 48 degree cold morning in Florida? On my way to DeLorean Motor Company in Bonita Springs to have my air conditioning repaired by their expert mechanics, LOL. I may not need it on the drive back home tomorrow, but the new owner of my DeLorean (yes, it's for sale...) will surely appreciate this, and all of the other various things I'm spiffing up before the sale. Looking for a solid daily driver DMC Florida refurbished DeLorean of your own? Consider mine, one of the best known (15 million views on YouTube in the Maclemore Thrift Shop parody "Pot Shop" as well as many other notable celebrity encounters) daily drivers out there, owned by a long time (20 years with my first car, & 4 years with this one) member of the DeLorean community, and recipient of a full frame-off restoration at DMC Florida by the previous owner shortly before they sold it to me 4 years ago with just under 7,500 miles. I drive it enough to keep everything in good working order, but no so much as to wear it out, about 6,000 miles a year, and the (fully functional) odometer just recently turned 31,000 miles. Hurry and make me a private offer BEFORE I go the Ebay route very shortly, as I can consider accepting a lower offer from you NOW if Ebay is not yet skimming a hefty percentage to list & sell it ;-) Full details on maintenance, upgrades, pictures, etc available on request. I paid $40,000 for it 4 years ago, and would like to get $35,000 now, lets talk... You can also view "Pot Shop" and several other fun videos that my car has been featured in, and read a bit more about the car's celebrity studded history, at the page linked here that was created primarily for fans of "Pot Shop": http://www.potshopcar.com Any questions? Message me here & I'll get right back to you...

whocruiser
12-13-2014, 10:34 PM
AC repairs successfully completed. As I had 95% diagnosed myself, it did turn out to be the evaporator core, not an expensive part in itself, but perhaps one of the most labor-intensive replacement jobs on the entire car, as it's buried so deeply inside the dashboard area that literally hours of dis-assembly & re-assembly are required just to access it properly. Therefore, potential buyers will be very happy to know that it is now all new, along with the accompanying orifice tube & dryer. The AC compressor and both main AC hoses were replaced with new ones last year, when the conversion to modern R-134 refrigerant was done, so all those parts should be good for a long time to come. And while we had all that hard to reach area dis-assembled anyway, I spent the extra money to replace the still fully functional, but 34 year old factory original heater core with a new one too as a precautionary measure before it eventually wore out, so that should be good for a long time into "The Future" as well. Someone's gonna be getting a great car here, and now it's all set again to handle any climate, hot or cold, wherever it's next owner may happen to call home :-)

whocruiser
01-26-2015, 12:39 AM
Thought she was going to a new owner in Kentucky last week, but at the last minute he decided to go for a stage 2 car instead, so VIN 1150 is still on the market now. Very motivated to get her sold, as the wife has house shopping fever, but we can't take that step until the car is sold. In addition to all the previous stated work, I just had the front brakes done last week, as the pads were getting too thin, so that's one more regular maintenance item the new owner won't have to worry about for a while. Also, at the almost-new-owner's request, Tony at DMC Florida was kind enough to do me the immense favor of digging through the many boxes of old paper records in storage to find the original quotes for the previous owner's frame-off restoration that were no longer on the computer. I now have those records in my maintenance history file to stay with the car, and the amount of new stuff they put into that restoration was just staggering! The PO spent nearly $30,000 in parts & labor to make it perfect, now I know why she's served me so well, and that the person who eventually buys this car from me will be getting an even greater value than I'd ever realized. That new owner should be YOU - drop me a line and we'll make a deal ;-)

whocruiser
07-03-2015, 01:18 AM
Still available, and since the last update, it's gotten a new set of tires (Coopers all around in the proper stock sizes) and a new alternator, two more things the new owner won't have to worry about for a long time. Anyone out there who may be interested, make me a serious offer, and perhaps we can come to a deal ;-)

ozoner
07-07-2015, 12:52 AM
Still available, and since the last update, it's gotten a new set of tires (Coopers all around in the proper stock sizes) and a new alternator, two more things the new owner won't have to worry about for a long time. Anyone out there who may be interested, make me a serious offer, and perhaps we can come to a deal ;-)

Hi,

Where are you located and what is your cash price to sell this car today?

Thanks ,
Bill

whocruiser
07-07-2015, 11:19 AM
Hi,

Where are you located and what is your cash price to sell this car today?

Thanks ,
Bill

You're welcome Bill, just sent you a private message, so check your inbox :-)

Morpheus
07-16-2015, 08:48 AM
Hey Dan, if you post up some pics of the car (inside and out), it may help get the car sold...:wiggle:

whocruiser
07-17-2015, 06:24 PM
Hey Dan, if you post up some pics of the car (inside and out), it may help get the car sold...:wiggle:

Good advice Brandon, from your mouth to God's ear, as the old saying goes. Uploading some pics here now, as well as a YouTube link to a fairly recent video walk-around that our own "DeLorean Hunter" Chris Burns did in April of this year the day of the annual Celebration show, where I was not entered, but just parked casually down the block from the sold out show field. No special washing or detailing was done before any of these pics, or before Chris's video, which was shot right after a 200+ mile drive, road dirt & all. My car gets used daily, as they were meant to be, and a little dust & dirt is par for the course, but she does clean up quite nicely when the effort is taken ;-) I've included under-car pics, including one of the only bit of trace surface rust on the front frame extension area. Also a few pics specifically pointing out the occasional minor panel ding or upholstery rip. I'd rather be totally honest up front than try to hide any small defects, as you well know, I always shoot straight & don't play those games ;-) Please note that the worn tires were JUST all replaced with brand new Coopers all around, but I haven't shot any new pics since then. Also put in a new alternator a couple weeks ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CusK4BS8Eq4&app=desktop

35437354383543935440354413544235443354443544535446 35447354483544935450354513545235453354543545535456 3545735458

RichardM
08-06-2015, 10:58 AM
Sent you a message.....

whocruiser
08-06-2015, 11:55 AM
Sent you a message.....

Just sent a reply 2 minutes ago :-)