PDA

View Full Version : JLP Movies - Living the Dream - latest movie trailer (December 2014)

Rich W
12-12-2014, 02:25 PM
The latest trailer had its debut at the DeLorean Midwest Connection Club Winter Brunch last weekend
and Jordan Livingston has now setup the latest trailer for public access. Click the Link and Enjoy !!

A note from Jordan Livingston:

I’ve finished revising my extended trailer (previously shown only at DCS 2014) to incorporate a few lines from Christopher Lloyd
at DCS 2014 and Cliff Schmucker at DCS 2012, as well as a few shots from the Woodward Dream Cruise 2014.

The revised extended trailer is now at the following Vimeo link:

http://www.vimeo.com/jlpmovies/deloreanltdextendedtrailer2014

Domi
12-12-2014, 02:31 PM
Nice preview :)
Any idea when the DVD will be available for sale please?

rileydawgg
12-12-2014, 02:40 PM
Really well done. I think I'm gonna have to get lunch today far from the office so I can take a drive!

Rich W
12-12-2014, 03:45 PM
Nice preview :)
Any idea when the DVD will be available for sale please?

An editing marathon is scheduled for January 2015, but I am not sure of the duration, depending upon other "day job" tasks.

There are several options in the pipe-line for distribution of the final product, but no options have been written in stone (yet).

Lots of licensing issues need to be resolved (for both archive footage and for all background music), so if and when these issues
can be resolved, an anticipated release date can be estimated. 2015 would be very nice, but we will see what the future brings.

DMCMW Dave
12-12-2014, 04:46 PM
Hasn't he been making trailers for something over 5 years now? I thought he was here in about 2009, could be off a year or two.

Rich W
12-12-2014, 05:30 PM
Hasn't he been making trailers for something over 5 years now? I thought he was here in about 2009, could be off a year or two.

2008-2009 sounds about right. IIRC, Jordan has been filming most of the major DeLorean events since DCS 2009 in Vegas.
He has filmed in the Midwest a few times, including 2009 and 2013 in the Chicago area, as well as 2014 in the Detroit area.

Interestingly, Jordan has had offers to purchase all of his footage (to complete the project?) but that appears to be just talk.
Sometimes side projects do not get all the attention that they could, since day-to-day jobs often need much more attention.

As mentioned previously, major stumbling-blocks have been costs associated with licensing on archive footage and music.
These hurdles have existed for the past 5 years and nothing significant has changed in this regard, as far as I am aware.

Until a deal can be worked out for the final product, this project will remain a side project, while other work pays the bills.

In the grand scheme, 5 years is not that long. There are plenty of in-progress projects for 8-12 years that are not done yet.

Andy
12-12-2014, 05:38 PM
At 3:39, you can see my wife and I ... with my new floormats. :thumbup:

DMC5180
12-13-2014, 11:28 AM
Very nice compilation. While I was on the vimeo site page it brought the Warren Wallingford video. That was very nice to see. Warren was such an down to earth understated man with a rye sense of humor. He was truly enjoyable to converse with on the phone.

sdg3205
12-13-2014, 11:32 AM
I love it.

Rich - sent you a pm.

SIMid
12-15-2014, 05:37 PM
When this all comes together, it will be worth the effort, time and money.

Sidenote: Dead Can Dance intro music was perfect. :)