PDA

View Full Version : DeLorean Time Machine Optical Illusion

vps3922
12-23-2014, 02:56 PM
Just saw this on YouTube. I did not find a post on it so I thought I share it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qA-WcM6Nvs

Pretty Cool!

Citizen
12-23-2014, 04:46 PM
That is not only interesting, but whoever did it was very talented!

TheDutchTexan
01-02-2015, 12:27 AM
Quite simple to do really. Projector! It'll cast the lines, you trace em, and then paint!

JohnZ
01-03-2015, 01:50 PM
Quite simple to do really. Projector! It'll cast the lines, you trace em, and then paint!

I think you're right, however this explanation takes away a lot of the magic :(

:D

Citizen
01-04-2015, 08:59 AM

That's actually a very good explanation that I hadn't thought of. Makes sense, but if a projector was used, I have another thought/question:

If the projector was stationary (and I assume it would be) and focused on one of the surfaces, then wouldn't the lines on the other surfaces be blurry? Like when focused on the near surface, would the farthest surface blurry)? That would make tracing difficult.

Maybe the artist used a multi-step/multi-focus approach. I could see several different focus settings, as there are what, some five different wall surfaces at different distances from a single projection point?

Geez...why do I let myself wonder about this kind of stuff when my clutch needs bleeding again???? :hmm:

Thomas

Dangermouse
01-05-2015, 09:13 AM
I'd seen this before but can't find it with a search on here, so as it was originally posted in 2010, I assume it was a .com thread. I think the projector/tracing was the answer then too.

Nicely done, though.