PDA

View Full Version : DPI / Delorean Performance Industries - No response

jwrayth
01-10-2015, 05:00 PM
I placed an order with DPI on December 19th. Close to Christmas sure, but not anything I was in a rush for. Order has been marked as awaiting fulfilment since then. I've tried to get in touch with DPI about this via their website messaging system, direct email, PM on here (but the inbox is full) and calling from the UK (but the DPI Voicemail is full)... and so far silence.

Since DPI has my money, and I'm having no luck getting any response from the normal channels I thought I'd post here on the hopes Josh sees it and can get in touch so I can find out what the status is.

dustybarn
01-10-2015, 05:51 PM
I also have an order that I placed on the 26th still marked as "awaiting fulfillment". I also wasn't too concerned because it was during the holidays and it's going to probably be at least three months until I can drive the car anyway. I hope everything is OK on Josh's end.

Delorean Industries
01-11-2015, 09:12 AM
Morning Guys, The site should update orders automatically through out the process. I started a support ticket this morning after seeing this with bigcommerce and they explained what I am doing wrong on our end. You should both receive confirmations shortly/updates along with everyone else. Glad this was brought to my attention. Thanks!

Edit- to reference your original post jwaryth- Your order was delivered early last week!

jwrayth
01-11-2015, 09:34 AM
Amazing news! My wife should be able to bring it back with her from the US this week, which is grand.

Thanks for sorting it out Josh :)

Delorean Industries
01-11-2015, 09:38 AM
No problem!
BTW if you call and it will not go to voice mail call again in a few mins. If I am on a line and someone else is on call waiting it will not allow for a message to be left.

sdg3205
01-11-2015, 12:01 PM
No problem!
BTW if you call and it will not go to voice mail call again in a few mins. If I am on a line and someone else is on call waiting it will not allow for a message to be left.

Josh - probably worth cloning yourself :)

Delorean Industries
01-11-2015, 12:27 PM
Josh - probably worth cloning yourself :)

Heads to india*

Nicholas R
01-11-2015, 04:28 PM
I'm pretty sure Josh must have some kind of cloning plan in the works if he's planning to open another location, haha. Double the business is going to require double the Josh!

Delorean Industries
01-11-2015, 06:04 PM
I'm pretty sure Josh must have some kind of cloning plan in the works if he's planning to open another location, haha. Double the business is going to require double the Josh!

Yeah I'm going to worry about it after the fact! I had Carla pick our "west coast home" with little input other than garage space. She was kind enough to get us a three car garage and a balcony overlooking the ocean. May just forget Ohio exists! I literally will only be in Ohio to check with manufactures and working in the shop from here on out.

I will make an official statement the first week of February regarding how we will be providing services between here and there.

dustybarn
01-11-2015, 06:36 PM
Awesome, thanks!!!

Morning Guys, The site should update orders automatically through out the process. I started a support ticket this morning after seeing this with bigcommerce and they explained what I am doing wrong on our end. You should both receive confirmations shortly/updates along with everyone else. Glad this was brought to my attention. Thanks!

Edit- to reference your original post jwaryth- Your order was delivered early last week!

Timebender
01-11-2015, 08:39 PM
Hopefully the west coast home is SoCal- like San Diego...

Ryan King
01-11-2015, 11:21 PM
I had some issues ordering through Josh's website in the past. I paid VIA Paypal and hadn't heard anything on my shipment for over a week, it sat in the "awaiting fulfillment" stage.

I did finally get in touch with Josh sometime later and he mentioned having a problem with Paypal coming through on the backend and he got it sorted out, I got my order another week later. So about a 2+ week turn around. He did apologize for the inconvenience and even refunded me for the full order later on. So that was a huge plus. I greatly appreciated that good customer service. :thumbup:
I have been impressed and happy with his products, but I have had to wait some time before getting my parts in the past from him. But now that my DeLorean is a secondary vehicle, I can afford to have it down for an extended period of time while waiting for parts to ship out. I have come to expect 2+ weeks ordering from Josh. I mean this in the nicest way. He is typically a 1 man show, much like John Hervey, so I don't expect things to be boxed and out in 2 days like most major companies or other vendors who can afford to pay someone full time to just deal with shipping orders.

Thank you Josh for everything you do for the community and keep up the good work. Please take my review as positive feedback and I hope your business continues to grow!

-Ryan

Ryan King
01-11-2015, 11:26 PM
Hopefully the west coast home is SoCal- like San Diego...

Also hopefully NOT! You guys have DMC-CA down there.

For us people south of Bakersfield really could use a good solid vendor up North for all the DeLorean owners in the Sacramento - San Francisco - San Joaquin Valley Area. There are just as many owners up North as there are down south.

So Josh, think Monterey , or Carmel, or the Bay Area. Lots of business to be had up that way since we all have to drive so far South as it is now.

Delorean Industries
01-11-2015, 11:34 PM
Wish I was a one man show. :) Those were the days. I have considerable help in many aspects of the business. Working to teach a full time "parts consultant" to address all orders and taking calls for parts/tech advice. Going well but the biggest hold up is the six digit system. Everything is inventoried by factory numbers and it takes a while to get it right.

Location is picked and in progress now that I have residence along with those involved ready to get underway.

Ryan King
01-12-2015, 12:28 AM
Wish I was a one man show. :) Those were the days. I have considerable help in many aspects of the business. Working to teach a full time "parts consultant" to address all orders and taking calls for parts/tech advice. Going well but the biggest hold up is the six digit system. Everything is inventoried by factory numbers and it takes a while to get it right.

Location is picked and in progress now that I have residence along with those involved ready to get underway.

Depending on where your shop is, Ill be your parts consultant. 6+ years in the retail side and dealing with customer service. :P

Chris 16409
01-12-2015, 12:40 AM
Hey Josh, I'll keep trying you on the phone.

01-12-2015, 08:29 PM
Anyone know if DPI's 6-pack of Bosch oil filters comes with 6 copper crush rings? Didn't want to inundate Josh with yet another question!

Delorean Industries
01-12-2015, 08:35 PM
Anyone know if DPI's 6-pack of Bosch oil filters comes with 6 copper crush rings? Didn't want to inundate Josh with yet another question!

Yes :)

01-12-2015, 08:46 PM
Yes :)

Thanks Josh! :cool1:

Chris 16409
01-18-2015, 11:07 PM
Got my stainless steering joint in the mail. Very quality product. I highly recommend it. Much easier to install than the stock joint. I thought I would have to loosen the steering rack to fit it. I never mind paying a premium to install a quality product.

DMCSPRINT
04-26-2015, 06:29 PM
Hello Josh, sorry if I just missed this on your site but what is the pricing for a complete set of shocks/struts with coil springs? Thanks The shocks are Spax right?

vwdmc16
04-26-2015, 11:36 PM
DPI no longer sells the Spax I believe, Josh posted on FB about some failure he had with a rear and is dropping the brand due to inferior quality.

Delorean Industries
04-27-2015, 08:23 AM
Thanks for stepping in Clint. I saw this thread thanks to google alerts.... No longer following. That is correct on the shocks. We are currently only offering our coil over system and will have bilesteins back in production shortly.

Shuttleman
04-27-2015, 06:38 PM
I bought my Spax shocks from you, could you post a picture of the failure?

vwdmc16
04-27-2015, 10:06 PM
See how the decal is being ripped off from the spring purch pushing it down? The weld that attaches the threaded sleeve to the shock body failed, not enough penetration, that isnt something you can just sand and reweld as the shock is full of pressurized oil.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/t31.0-8/11174748_756716244427465_6554791487372419323_o.jpg ?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9

vwdmc16
04-27-2015, 10:07 PM
And i think Josh said that failed under just the weight of a bare frame, car never got off the lift.

Shuttleman
04-28-2015, 10:13 PM
That is a serious problem! Anyone else had a failure? What was Spax response to this?

Delorean Industries
04-29-2015, 08:22 AM
This was only present on our last batch of shocks purchased with no failures like this prior. All absorbers from this batch have been recalled and replaced. Unfortunately we were unable to correct the situation to our satisfaction with the supplier and decided to no longer continue a business relationship. Recently a owner from the uk seeing these two conversations has stepped in and is trying to deal with the company directly. Our decision is final still.

krado94
06-03-2015, 08:54 AM
Has anyone talked to Josh in the last week?? I've been trying to get a hold of him for the last two weeks. All I get is his voicemail that is full.

Thanks

FABombjoy
06-03-2015, 01:08 PM
Been trying to reach him via email. No luck here either. Last communication was on 5/15

vwdmc16
06-03-2015, 03:16 PM
Me too its been weeks since i could get through, I really wish he had a receptionist or someone just for part orders.

mluder
06-03-2015, 04:25 PM
Anybody try calling Nick at the SW location?

Cheers
Steve

krado94
06-03-2015, 08:46 PM
I have not, but there is also no phone number listed on the website for the AZ location. The only thing listed is an address. I have tried calling, texting , a e-mail and a pm on here with no response.

Anybody try calling Nick at the SW location?

Cheers
Steve

sdg3205
06-03-2015, 10:04 PM
I was emailing with Josh a little over a week ago.

acaciolo
06-03-2015, 10:45 PM
I ordered a few small items from his website and they arrived fast. Maybe try online ordering?

Shep
06-03-2015, 11:50 PM
Has anyone talked to Josh in the last week??Yup. Just saw him in person a couple nights ago. He's been crazy busy dealing with a few things, and if I recall correctly he was in his Phoenix shop last week.

For what it's worth, Josh has told me he vastly prefers online ordering to calls etc. and has a goal of having 95% of the parts ordering going through the website. There's a few items that aren't on there that he carries, but his most sold items are on there. Are you looking to get service done, or buy parts?

Iznodmad
06-04-2015, 11:08 AM
I've heard of some issues with customers contacting Josh over the past few years. Usually it is if he is sick or injured. However, I've never had any problems getting a rapid reply to my concerns. Maybe I'm just lucky? Or maybe he is elbow deep building my twin turbo!

Shep
06-04-2015, 02:01 PM
Just heard from Josh that a family member of his is in the hospital an hour away, and as a result he's split between work and visiting them. I'm aware he's a one-of-a-kind guy, but we all have our limits, and in this case, I completely understand where he's met one of his. Once you engulf yourself in your passion like he does, it's ridiculously hard to take time out from it without it interfering.

Hopefully the "no religious posts" rule is lenient here: his family is in my thoughts and prayers, and I'm sure he could use more prayers than just mine.

As an aside: he's not the only one at the shop, so I would think online orders are unaffected, but can't confirm that quite yet. But he is the sole maintainer of his email and phone number, so those two methods of contact more than likely won't be as reliable until things improve.

Shep
06-09-2015, 12:28 AM
Update: said family member is now "stable", and Josh is starting to get back into the swing of things. Even sent me an invoice yesterday (Monday) for work done to my D. Haven't seen him back on the forums yet though, but give it a few more days.

dmcnorway
01-11-2016, 08:39 AM
I have the same problem, I got an e-mail stating that parts were shipped on Dec. 28th. 2015, but my freight forwarder in NJ still haven't received them.
I'm sure Josh will solve the problem ASAP, yet it's a bit frustrating to wait so long for a response. I've both e-mailed and sent message on FB.

Stian Birkeland
Norway

rollingzep
02-15-2016, 10:58 AM
I am having same problem. Cant seem to get a hold of Josh. Josh if you see this message, this is Billy from CT. please give me a call back

Delorean Industries
02-15-2016, 11:27 AM
I am having same problem. Cant seem to get a hold of Josh. Josh if you see this message, this is Billy from CT. please give me a call back

Hi billy, your (914) number when called goes to a answering service when called back. Please give us a better number to update you at. Thanks!

rollingzep
02-15-2016, 02:27 PM
thanks Josh. I emailed you all info. hope you are well

Shuttleman
11-17-2016, 09:45 PM
Really difficult to get him to respond to emails at times. It's been a month and still cannot get my order to be processed or even a reply or phone call. He is writing post everyday here tough.

Delorean Industries
11-17-2016, 10:50 PM
Clearly stated "politely" that we could not help you with your requests. Even went as far as to give you advice on where to Look. I have grown tired of Quebec as a whole seeing how the limited number of owners are batting 1000 collectively in regards to being condescending, demanding, entitled and above reason or recourse. This is why I have blocked this region and will not deal with the customer base. Our site will not accept orders and calls are not forwarded from your country. All service work is also refused.

DMC-81
11-18-2016, 07:43 AM
Wow. Just wow. Paging Ed ....

Shuttleman, not to worry. Just give DMCx or Rob Grady a call. They always answer, and I have had great experiences with both vendors on part sales, service and technical help, all with great customer service skills.

Delorean Industries
11-18-2016, 08:17 AM
Dana, I did answer him and went out of my way to do so. Instead of taking my answer as I truly couldn't help with his needs at the time he resorted to posting here. Even when out of my way to contact manufactures on his behalf to find a unique affordable solution.

The over all problem with Quebec is simple. The biggest one being their complete lack of responsibility. They will have their cars serviced here and then demand a fake invoice to get across the border to skate customs. Which I will not do. I explain they must pay sales tax (state use tax) and they reluctantly agree just to get out of here. Literally they then cross the border and perform a charge back for the sales tax portion of the transaction. If this was one person ok I would understand but that is not the case. This has happened multiple times. Not to mention similar circumstances with part sales. You can't just get what you want and burn the bridges behind you.

With that said on top of the demeanor and simple displeasure of being talked down to this was executed as a last resort option. It's nothing personal just good business at this point. The list goes on and on and becomes even more ridiculous. A line had to be drawn on this issue.

Shuttleman
11-18-2016, 11:22 AM
I asked if his A/C lines could be fitted to my GM compressor and made a parts order. He said he would not be possible for the A/C line so I gave him my credit card number and address and ask to ship the rest of the parts. Never got an answer, tried email and phone. Now at least, one month later, the cat is out of the bag. Thank you for your response! I'm sorry I had to post it here to get one but at some point I needed to know.

And by the way I have no idea about people having work done in your shop asking for false receipt since I never been there. I guess we all look alike to you.

I know it can be difficult to deal with clients a times and you have alot on your shoulders. If someday you decide to change that policy I would still buy from you.

Have a nice Delorean day.:driving1:

Shuttleman
11-18-2016, 02:59 PM
Wow. Just wow. Paging Ed ....

Shuttleman, not to worry. Just give DMCx or Rob Grady a call. They always answer, and I have had great experiences with both vendors on part sales, service and technical help, all with great customer service skills.

I never bought from Rob Grady and always heard good about him. DMC Midwest are really friendly that's true.

Thanks!👍

opethmike
11-18-2016, 07:24 PM
DMC-MW is the only vendor I'll do business with. I can't recommend them enough.

Delorean Industries
11-18-2016, 07:34 PM
Did we do something to offend you mike?

PJ Grady Inc.
11-26-2016, 07:38 PM
DMC-MW is the only vendor I'll do business with. I can't recommend them enough.
Et tu brute?
Rob

BladeBronson
11-26-2016, 08:40 PM
Yes, work with Rob Grady. After coming to NorCal to work on 15-20 cars a couple weeks ago, he not only remembered our late night conversation about a few small parts that I need, but he called me today (Saturday) to let me know that he's got everything ready for me. I owe HIM a call now. :) I haven't yet worked with Josh, but I can attest to the pleasure of working with Rob.

DMCSPRINT
11-26-2016, 10:20 PM
I have found almost all the vendors to be very helpful and friendly. I have bought from Rob before and he was great , I just recently purchased from DMCMW and they were great. I just bought a large amount of items from Josh at DPI and he was very patient and helpful with explaining everything and even was there to help my tech with installation help. I have owned my D for over 12 years and have only had a horrible experience with one vendor . We are fortunate to have help from awesome vendors.

Mark Hershey
11-27-2016, 08:11 AM
I purchased an exhaust system from Josh and pestered him with a gazillion questions about fuel injection and timing wheels. Was always very responsive, extremely helpful, patient, and very pleasant to deal with.
As are Rob Grady, all of the DMCH lads and their affiliates, Dave ( Bitsyncmaster), and particularly Ed of Delorean Europe-The Netherlands who i always visit every time i visit my nearby family, and who always takes time from his schedule to have coffee and chat for awhile--once on his day off yet, which to my complete embassasment he neglected to mention until after I had taken up much of his morning.😀

//

Shuttleman
11-27-2016, 08:42 AM
Yes, DMC Europe. I bought their aluminium radiator. It cost me about the same shipping then buying from DMCH in US to Canada. Not only they have a great service, they ship fast and you won't have discrimination there.

Delorean Industries
11-27-2016, 09:11 AM
We are by no means obligated to be a global vendor. Discrimination is an insult in this regard. I clearly stated on behalf of dpi that the bad outweighed the good dealing with a perticular foreign market. I would make exceptions to the rule for the good people I know up there but where does that put us?

I do "discriminate" openly by not selling to other vendors in the us. Just as they do not sell to us. Despite any misconceptions within this community it Is every man for himself in the states with paper thin alliances between vendors from time to time based on who benefits from what.

Delorean Industries
11-27-2016, 09:12 AM
And of course thank you for the kind words above from many valued owners.

Shuttleman
11-27-2016, 09:49 AM
I have grown tired of Quebec as a whole seeing how the limited number of owners are batting 1000 collectively in regards to being condescending, demanding, entitled and above reason or recourse. This is why I have blocked this region and will not deal with the customer base. Our site will not accept orders and calls are not forwarded from your country.

This is the very definition of being condescending. And by the way Quebec is not a country it's a province.

Michael
11-27-2016, 09:56 AM
Not that I do anywhere near the same business as vendors but my ebay auctions (and if you are honest with yourself, yours are too) are set to block Russia, China, and several other countries where fraud and scams are common. I don't hold grudges toward ANY person or business that refuses to deal with people or countries that have done nothing but harm them or their means to support their families.

Shuttleman
11-27-2016, 10:20 AM
The choice of not selling internationally or to a certain country if perfectly acceptable. If someone would talk badly about everyone living in your State maybe you would find it ridiculous. I'm not even offended, just amazed.

Delorean Industries
11-27-2016, 10:29 AM
Well I continued to sell even when the threshold exceeded 80%.... Currently it is at 93%..... Hence the broad brush painting.

cineman
01-02-2017, 01:35 PM
Hello guys,
I have a problem with Josh and I don't understand what is appening ; if he is too busy with his new deloreans, if he had new healt problems or what else, I have no more answer from him since 4 weeks now.
I placed an order with him by mail on the first days of September for some used parts wich were not on the website ; and sent him the money with paypal after he promplty answered me, 1250USD.
I advised him I had to have clear indication and tracking numbers about the delivering time, because I live in Italy and together with other people we organize shipment and containers for delivering parts here, so I have to know where I will have parts in New Jersey for closing the shipment of my parts and others and let it left USA for Italy.
At the end of September I still had no tracking or answer about the delivery, after a pair of request with no response, and I lost our first package shipment, so I advised him by mail to delete the order, cause It was too late for making the job. I said him to keep the money cause I was going to place a different order after that. He quickly answered that he was going to take care not to deliver the parts.
At the 31rd of October I wrote him the mail with the parts I needed, and he quickly wrote me "Andrea, Not a problem. We are on this and will advise shortly."
During the next weeks I sent him mail around once a pair of week for update and requestin a tracking number but never got news, until another 1 month later ,
at the 12 December were I wrote him I was starting to be pissed of and did not know what i made to him, or if he had problems with parts or just what was the reason... As soon he answered me that
"Hi andrea, I will make sure this is out to your forwarder this week. thanks"

to this day I have no more answers when i do request a tracking no and the forwarder has not received anything.
I hope this post can make things move on.

I bought quite lot of things from him in past, together with my friend Babis, I bought 2 exhaust system, 1 twin turbo hot side kit and some other minor parts, so I think I am not a cheap customer, and I do like very much his quality of parts and engeneering but this time I'm a bit lost, and you can understad is not easy from this side to know really what is appening.

Please Josh update me what appened, and I need the parts now!
I run a company myself I and know what is to be a one man show, but you are stretching too much here...

sorry for my english if i used some elementary grammar.
Andrea

Delorean Industries
01-02-2017, 02:02 PM
everythings out for all four of you guys that we sent to forwarding in NJ. I'll confirm everything tomorrow after holiday with each of you. Sorry for delay.

cineman
01-14-2017, 01:05 PM
Hello Josh,
other two weeks passed by, I received nothing. No mails, no tracking...
Please provide a tracking number as soon, if the items are really out !!
Are you sure you have consciousness of my order ??

Andrea

Delorean Industries
01-14-2017, 01:25 PM
Already forwarded you confirmation last week!

cineman
01-16-2017, 06:51 AM
So is the order sent? Please provide me a tracking numer here or with private message, if we have doubts of mails not working.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk