PDA

View Full Version : DMC bicyclist thread

xjoshsmallx
08-10-2011, 05:30 AM
It's been a while since I've posted on here. No DeLorean yet but, I have been building my bike.
Here is my '07 Bianchi Pista. Rear Velocity deep V. My gear ratio is at 48-15.
It's fixed, not freewheel.

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/5016/20595522795593058093810.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/231/20595522795593058093810.jpg/)

Let's see what you are riding!
*PLEASE, while everyone is entitled to their opinions, no passing judgement in negative ways. If you have nothing nice or useful to say, don't say it*

Michael
08-10-2011, 08:04 AM
I ride a Bottecchia carbon...which as most people know is a rebranded Bikes Direct type of ride. I personally love it! I rode an aluminium roadie for a few years before I upgraded to this one. I have had it for 2 or 3 years now, no plans to upgrade anytime soon. She gets out at least 2-3 times a week....much more than my Delorean
http://roadbikeauctions.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/-399241905486981870.jpg

xjoshsmallx
08-10-2011, 01:26 PM
How smooth does that bike ride? Does it take in impact from the usual bumps in the road pretty well? I took off my white wraps and though there is a difference naked, it doesn't bother me too much.

So far riding, I've managed for a bird to collide with my face, almost run over a peacock, and run over a nice size pile of dog crap. Though I laugh now, when it all happened I wasn't very happy.

Delorean02378
08-10-2011, 02:53 PM
2002 Trek Madone 5.2 SL - Road,
2001 Lightspeed - MTB

I've riden the Trek approx. 6,500 miles and I don't like it. The frame creeks and is just not stiff enough. This is the first and last Trek purchase. I'm going to a Cannondale Super Six after this one is done.

Kirk

Michael
08-10-2011, 03:16 PM
How smooth does that bike ride? Does it take in impact from the usual bumps in the road pretty well? I took off my white wraps and though there is a difference naked, it doesn't bother me too much.

So far riding, I've managed for a bird to collide with my face, almost run over a peacock, and run over a nice size pile of dog crap. Though I laugh now, when it all happened I wasn't very happy.

I was pretty impressed with the ride. My alum. bike was light, decent components, but very unforgiving in the bump department. This one is like a cloud! This is my first carbon bike, and I'm really happy with it. The roads I ride on are all in pretty good shape, but around East Tenn., you can't ride for more than 5-10 miles without facing a monster climb, so riding here whips you into shape pretty quickly. I'm taking it with me to the beach this Fall, and maybe...just maybe I will get my goal of riding a century in down there.

2002 Trek Madone 5.2 SL - Road,
2001 Lightspeed - MTB

I've riden the Trek approx. 6,500 miles and I don't like it. The frame creeks and is just not stiff enough. This is the first and last Trek purchase. I'm going to a Cannondale Super Six after this one is done.

Kirk

I have around 2.5k on mine, and it does creak a little under heavy torque, but not so much as to become distracting. I figured it was just the nature of carbon against the metal bits. I can look at my top tube and steer quickly left to right and actually see the frame flex! It's a little unsettling to watch it, but looking ahead, you would really never know it. You can feel it in the ride however...no complaints there.

Roman Legion
08-17-2011, 03:22 PM
The last bike I owned was a piece of crap mountain bike from Walmart.. I think it is still in the garage.. No longer functional, but I took it up and down a nearby mountain road when I was a kid.