PDA

View Full Version : Wanted Need well kept automatic with stage ii or turbo or LS1 from 25 - 35 k

Redsquall
02-11-2015, 07:40 PM
Hi
I owned a great DeLorean 10 years ago - stock but pristine. I sold it to start my business. The investment was well wirth it, and i need a DeLorean again - but this time one that at leat has about 190+ hp. A LS1 motor would be best.
I am selling a pristine 350Z with black leather and 28k miles to partially fund it.

Nicholas R
02-12-2015, 01:26 PM
Welcome to the forum.

In this search, are you only looking for automatic cars with 190+hp? Just curious because specifically talking about the LS1, I would be surprised if the stock automatic could handle that much torque.

Also I'm sure you're aware that engine swap cars are pretty rare. At the moment I believe there are 3 LS swapped cars (2 in Australia and mine), with a 4th in progress (Josh in Canada). For the most part there are only maybe half a dozen owners with engine swaps that are really active on this forum. I know there are other cars out there, but be careful; you may end up buying someone else's mess to fix.

Best of luck in your search :thumbup:

Josh
02-12-2015, 01:37 PM
Welcome to the forum.

In this search, are you only looking for automatic cars with 190+hp? Just curious because specifically talking about the LS1, I would be surprised if the stock automatic could handle that much torque.

Also I'm sure you're aware that engine swap cars are pretty rare. At the moment I believe there are 3 LS swapped cars (2 in Australia and mine), with a 4th in progress (Josh in Canada). For the most part there are only maybe half a dozen owners with engine swaps that are really active on this forum. I know there are other cars out there, but be careful; you may end up buying someone else's mess to fix.

X2

Jonathan
02-12-2015, 02:00 PM
For the most part there are only maybe half a dozen owners with engine swaps that are really active on this forum.

And the flip side of this being that most owners that are active on this forum have stock set-ups (or at least have the PRV still, albeit somewhat modified).

I for one enjoy helping new owners figure things out on their cars, but feel a bit lost trying to help owners with engine swaps. Case in point with Timebenders car recently. I don't even know where to tell him to find his otterstat in hopes of getting the cooling fans going because of the unknowns in his engine bay.

Buying a DeLorean already narrows down the number of people or places you can get help from and buying one with an engine swap will narrow that down even further. Not saying an LS engine or something else wouldn't be great for you. It just means you need to be that much more self-sufficient. Nick and Josh are very good examples of that. Many owners, myself included, wouldn't take on those kinds of projects in a million years. Kudos to those that do though.

Timebender
02-12-2015, 04:21 PM
Found the otterstat over on the right side of the engine bay. :)

propony
02-12-2015, 06:09 PM
I own 5778, an Oct 1981 build. grooved hood, gray interior, automatic. Same family most its life, basically all stock driveline, a/c converted to r- 134, hoses swapped, compressor drained etc. Stock rims, not perfect but very good. Lower plastic ground effects, stock, now silver instead of black (I thought it made the car look lower.) Stripped the black off the windshield trim and grained to match body. Headliners replaced. Stereo replaced with din mount. Transmission computer/controller now digital, (DMC Houston).Alternator replaced with GM 10si. Almost every part I removed or replaced I still have, and IMO have not ruined this car, all mods are reversable.
I am in Michigan and I am at $25,000. firm. The car has low 20,000 mile original. lots of paper.
This is a well sorted car, tons of photos of VOD, mods, updates, etc.
269-nine six seven- 4047
Thanks,
Curt

Redsquall
02-12-2015, 07:37 PM
Thanks guys – this is wise advice. It helps me size of the landscape when it comes to the customized portion of DeLorean's.

Welcome to the forum.