PDA

View Full Version : Hey DMCH James, how about those binnacles?

stevedmc
08-10-2011, 01:06 PM
How about binnacles?

DMCH James
08-10-2011, 01:50 PM
:rolleyes1: You guys going to split this one, too? I'll reply there.

James

How about binnacles?

stevedmc
08-10-2011, 02:52 PM
:rolleyes1: You guys going to split this one, too? I'll reply there.

James

It looks like they did. Oh well, so much for the fun.

sean
08-10-2011, 02:58 PM
It looks like they did. Oh well, so much for the fun.

I didnt think you were gonna get a response otherwise. So I figured what the hell.

stevedmc
08-10-2011, 03:04 PM
I didn't expect a response. I just thought I would ask James the same type of question he asked VideoBob. It does kinda suck that people have paid for something they haven't received yet. At least DMCH hasn't collected money for binnacles.

DMCH James
08-12-2011, 11:50 AM
Black color match complete.

Grey color match on 3rd formula - think this one is best.

Hot weather testing ongoing. Presuming it passes tests, it's going into production immediately. At minimum, gray and black samples will be at Open House, and if we get lucky, we might even have some to sell by then.

James

Mark D
08-12-2011, 04:13 PM
I saw the black prototype at the DMCMW open house earlier this year and it was epic win. Fingers crossed it passes temp testing, and then I'm buying like 14 of them and building binnacle folk art in my garage.:nana1:

DavidProehl
08-12-2011, 04:17 PM
I saw the black prototype at the DMCMW open house earlier this year and it was epic win. Fingers crossed it passes temp testing, and then I'm buying like 14 of them and building binnacle folk art in my garage.:nana1:

I was also at the DMCMW open house and I second that! The display unit they had looked amazing. If they've done improvements on top of what was already shown off, this is going to be exactly what everyone has been waiting for.

GS450-Junkie
08-12-2011, 04:22 PM
weren't they having more texture/warping issues yet ?

Hey James, what about spring specials ?

DMCH James
08-12-2011, 06:22 PM
weren't they having more texture/warping issues yet ?

Hey James, what about spring specials ?

Texture is good, warping not an issue on the current set of samples - earlier ones did warp a bit under temp tests.

Been too busy for finish up the spring specials - still hoping to have them out for summer.

James

QuadcityDMC
12-26-2011, 11:56 PM
Any update on grey binnacles?

stevedmc
12-27-2011, 05:44 PM
Any update on grey binnacles?

Ha

Michael
12-27-2011, 05:56 PM
If I were in James' shoes, I would make a nice video of me taking a sledge to all the finished binnacles....just fot this thread.

stevedmc
12-27-2011, 05:57 PM
If I were in James' shoes, I would make a nice video of me taking a sledge to all the finished binnacles....just fot this thread.

That would be awesome but you forgot one thing. There are no binnacles.

Mike C.
12-27-2011, 06:01 PM
Texture is good, warping not an issue on the current set of samples - earlier ones did warp a bit under temp tests.

Been too busy for finish up the spring specials - still hoping to have them out for summer.

James

I don't know about u, but if they had issues with the tests of the early binnacles and they warped, i'd rather wait than have him put out the binnacles, they warp on ya'll, then you all complain they warped...

I mean, you all praised him when they released the new dashes, then trashed the new dashes in another thread... oddly enough, I have had zero issues with my new dash...

DMC3165
12-29-2011, 10:56 PM
I picked up a really nice grey one from PJ Grady earlier this year. I got tired of waiting for DMCH to come up with theirs and finding a decent used one was getting harder (and more exspensive) then ever.

QuadcityDMC
12-29-2011, 11:11 PM
I call JP back in March about a grey one, he said No more and he would sell me a painted black one for more then what I wanted to spend. So I just recovered mine and waiting for DMCH. I saw one at a DMC open house and it will be worth the wait.

DMC3165
12-29-2011, 11:17 PM
I call JP back in March about a grey one, he said No more and he would sell me a painted black one for more then what I wanted to spend. So I just recovered mine and waiting for DMCH. I saw one at a DMC open house and it will be worth the wait.

I forgot he did say that was the last grey one he had.....oops my bad

:facepalm: