PDA

View Full Version : General Stuck oil pressure sender..

painterdave72
02-23-2015, 06:22 PM
anyone ever had this problem?? I am putting a new one in and cant get the old one off.. its very hard to get a wrench on it and its rounded off now.. i have taken the oil filter out and also the muffler bracket there but there is still not much room.. havent done one in a while..

DMCMW Dave
02-23-2015, 06:33 PM
anyone ever had this problem?? I am putting a new one in and cant get the old one off.. its very hard to get a wrench on it and its rounded off now.. i have taken the oil filter out and also the muffler bracket there but there is still not much room.. havent done one in a while..

Can you get at the huge adapter nut that it screws into?

painterdave72
02-23-2015, 06:44 PM
unless i break off the front of the sender somehow..

PJ Grady Inc.
02-23-2015, 06:53 PM
If it's the original sender a 7/8" "crowsfoot" will usually work but on some of them it's a "hammer on" fit. QC was not very rigid on this part. Remember it's a Delorean so there WILL BE SURPISES!
Rob Grady

painterdave72
02-23-2015, 07:37 PM
its a replacement from about ten years ago... i am going to try to use a narrow pair of channel locks on the threaded part tomorow after work.. unless you have some miracle idea?????? lol...

PJ Grady Inc.
02-23-2015, 08:02 PM
You may have an easier time using channel locks where the housing crimps over the threaded base as it should be stronger and more accessable.
Rob

its a replacement from about ten years ago... i am going to try to use a narrow pair of channel locks on the threaded part tomorow after work.. unless you have some miracle idea?????? lol...

painterdave72
02-23-2015, 09:21 PM
i will try tomorrow.. it is a very tight fit behind there even with the oil filter and bracket out of the way...

painterdave72
02-24-2015, 06:16 PM
just used a longer pair of needle nose vice grips!!

opethmike
02-24-2015, 06:23 PM
Needle nose vice grips have saved my butt several times. Wonderful tool.