PDA

View Full Version : DeLoreans @ Spring Auto Fair at Charlotte Motor Speedway April 9-12, 2015

Rich W
03-11-2015, 03:50 PM
The D Rex and the DeLorean Limousine have been invited to be displayed at the Spring 2015 Auto Fair
at the Charlotte Motor Speedway, in the Showcase Pavilion (basically, the NASCAR Garage area).

Since the vehicles will be in the Showcase Pavilion, they will be there all week, with the first few
days only open to Press and Media, and their reports will be used to promote the show, April 9-12.

For those of you on the East Coast who have not seen the D Rex and the D Limo in person, this would
be a great time to view them, along with a whole lot of other cool stock and custom vehicles.

If you plan to attend the show, either send me a PM in advance or just stop by the DeLorean display.
I know it may be a bit far for some, but I hope to see a few of you from SEDOC, DCVA and maybe DMA?

Attaching a few photos of some of the Auto Fair advertisements, describing the event from year's past.

More details to follow. See you in NC next month !!

Rich W
03-13-2015, 01:20 PM
FYI - in addition to the D Rex and the DeLorean Limousine, there will be a DeLorean Time Machine on display as well.

I will let the owner of the DeLorean Time Machine to be displayed, post about it here first, unless it gets posted publically first elsewhere.

This will be a cool DMC display, right across from the Dodge 100th Anniversary display, and between Modern Muscle and "AmeriCARna".

Iznodmad
03-13-2015, 02:43 PM
I live about 45 mins from the speedway. I haven't been to the auto fair in years. I'll try and make it out for a visit. Historically, they have turned their noses up at DeLoreans there. Guess this is more proof that this really is the "year of the DeLorean".

Rich W
03-13-2015, 03:58 PM
I live about 45 mins from the speedway. I haven't been to the auto fair in years. I'll try and make it out for a visit. Historically, they have turned their noses up at DeLoreans there. Guess this is more proof that this really is the "year of the DeLorean".

It might have something to do with the "new" Event Producer (Jennifer) as well.
Jennifer has only been with CMS for about 4-5 years, so that might be part of it.

Jennifer came to the Chicago area and met with me for a few hours last month,
since she had already planned to come here for the Chicago Auto Show.

Jennifer has put together some very cool displays at the past few Auto Fair events,
including getting a few Batmobiles together, for a display, including a Tumbler.

Rich W
03-30-2015, 06:20 PM
Auto Fair 2015 Press Release from Charlotte Motor Speedway from last week ...

http://www.charlottemotorspeedway.com/fans/news/autofair-goes-back-future-with-delorean-display-for-movies-30th-anniversary.html

Rad Dad
03-30-2015, 06:30 PM
Damn, Rich, I would love to be there now that I am living in NC.....BUT April 9&10 I will be going through some surgery and I suspect that I won't be in shape to come down from the mtns of NC to the lowlands of Charlotte. Have a great show and I do hope that Darren can join you. He has some awesome DeLoreans.

Dick Ryan

Rich W
03-30-2015, 06:50 PM
Damn, Rich, I would love to be there now that I am living in NC.....BUT April 9&10 I will be going through some surgery and I suspect that I won't be in shape to come down from the mtns of NC to the lowlands of Charlotte. Have a great show and I do hope that Darren can join you. He has some awesome DeLoreans.

Dick Ryan

Hey Dick,

Sorry you will not be able to make it for the "formal event" dates, but I plan to be there all week, arriving late Monday, April 6th.

So, if you can make it down earlier on one of the Press Days (either Tuesday, April 7th or Wednesday, April 8th), I will see if I can
get you a Preview Pass to check out our display and some of the other cars, before the actual event. It would be great to see you.

Send me a PM before this Thursday and I will send you my direct contact info. See you next week?

Thanks,
Rich W.

Rich W
03-31-2015, 06:07 PM

Dick Ryan

Another possible option ...

I may be doing a Morning News Live Shot at WCNC (Local NBC) early on Wednesday morning.

Might be an ideal time for you to park your DeLorean next to D Rex for a photo op (and video op).

Again, PM me if interested and I can forward you the details.

Coulombe
04-06-2015, 02:21 PM
FYI - in addition to the D Rex and the DeLorean Limousine, there will be a DeLorean Time Machine on display as well.

I will let the owner of the DeLorean Time Machine to be displayed, post about it here first, unless it gets posted publically first elsewhere.

This will be a cool DMC display, right across from the Dodge 100th Anniversary display, and between Modern Muscle and "AmeriCARna".

The Delorean Time Machine to be on center stage at the Charlotte Speedway was booked by Legends 4 Hire. Legends 4 Hire is a subsidiary of Coulombe Enterprises, LLC in Oviedo Florida and was also built by Coulombe Enterprises, LLc and is Coulombe Enterprises iconic Series, 2015 Hover Illusion Time Machine owned by Zach Dandera of Dandera Entertainment.

Zach will be attending as Time Machine host for the Back To The Future portion of the event.

Rich W
04-07-2015, 04:47 AM
The D Rex and the DeLorean Limo rolled into Charlotte late last night

Construction Traffic on I-40 E was terrible, but typical for Spring.

And typical for Spring, a nice steady rain this morning.

Luckily, both will be in the indoor Showcase Pavilion later this week.

A few interviews with local TV News on tap for Wednesday.

Rich W
04-08-2015, 06:42 AM
A few interviews with local TV News on tap for Wednesday.

Just finished an early interview with WCNC Weatherman Larry Sprinkle (no really).

May have another segment just before the show sign-off at 7 am.

Should be a video link on the WCNC website later this morning.

Rain this morning, so had to leave the D Rex on the trailer.
(backing into the dock, in the rain, was a bit of a challenge)

Rich W
04-08-2015, 06:45 PM
May have another segment just before the show sign-off at 7 am.

Should be a video link on the WCNC website later this morning.

Posted on the WCNC website about 12 hours ago (sorry for my post delay)

http://www.wcnc.com/media/cinematic/video/25451771/auto-fair-celebrates-back-to-the-future/

Rich W
04-10-2015, 06:30 AM
Posted earlier today to Charlotte Observer website.

Article looks OK ... only one type-o in photo caption.

In the caption under the D Limo photo, "wrok" instead
of "work" in progress. Maybe someone at the Observer
will make the correction on the website version.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/entertainment/article17936672.html

Rich W
04-15-2015, 01:40 PM
The 2015 CMS Auto Fair was an outstanding events for all gear-heads.

So much to do, at such a huge event, and not much time to post photos.

Posting some additional pre-event photos, now that I am back home.

Rich W
04-15-2015, 01:50 PM
Posted earlier today to Charlotte Observer website.

Article looks OK ... only one type-o in photo caption.

In the caption under the D Limo photo, "wrok" instead
of "work" in progress. Maybe someone at the Observer
will make the correction on the website version.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/entertainment/article17936672.html

Attaching a few photos of the actual cover photos and article from the Charlotte Observer on Friday, April 10th.

Rich W
04-16-2015, 12:20 PM
Charlotte Motor Speedway Spring Auto Fair 2015 - Custom DeLoreans Display and signage

Rich W
04-17-2015, 01:00 PM
A big thanks to the team that helped me with the transports and the display all last week.

Team D Limo photo includes: (L to R) myself, Jim Leonas, Bill Schafer and Tony Swann.