PDA

View Full Version : General head liner

andy blackmon
03-28-2015, 01:30 PM
My front head liner at the right hand upper corner has torn and something must be done to repair this. I am thinking of either taking it off and to a local shop to see if they can recover it or ordering a new front panel from DMC. Has any one had the head liner recovered in black, is so do you have pictures of this? I am thinking about replacing the entire head liner, front ,rear and the doors with black. My car has the black interior and with black on top this may be a little too dark --any how would love to see pictures of other colors that has been done to the liners, heck since everything else on my car is blue , a blue liner system is not out of the question.
Andy B 03513

David T
03-28-2015, 04:21 PM
My front head liner at the right hand upper corner has torn and something must be done to repair this. I am thinking of either taking it off and to a local shop to see if they can recover it or ordering a new front panel from DMC. Has any one had the head liner recovered in black, is so do you have pictures of this? I am thinking about replacing the entire head liner, front ,rear and the doors with black. My car has the black interior and with black on top this may be a little too dark --any how would love to see pictures of other colors that has been done to the liners, heck since everything else on my car is blue , a blue liner system is not out of the question.
Andy B 03513

IMHO a black headliner would be too much especially since your interior is already black. One quick and "dirty" way to see how it might look, take your old headliner out, spray it with some black paint, stick it back in and see how it looks.

PJ Grady Inc.
03-28-2015, 04:49 PM
Agreed David I think black on black is too much black in the interior and you would quickly tire of it Andy. We could supply you with headliners in any color you want but I would steer you towards the original color or something lighter if you asked our opinion. Of course you could say I didn't ask for your opinion and you'd be correct I suppose. I'd just rather not see you do something you might later regret.
Rob

IMHO a black headliner would be too much especially since your interior is already black. One quick and "dirty" way to see how it might look, take your old headliner out, spray it with some black paint, stick it back in and see how it looks.

DMCMW Dave
03-28-2015, 04:53 PM
I am thinking about replacing the entire head liner, front ,rear and the doors with black.
Andy B 03513

I've seen it done. Make the roof feel about 6 inches lower. Cave-like comes to mind.

You should replace/recover the whole set unless color mismatch doesn't bother you. Even different dye lots of a given color don't always match.

opethmike
03-28-2015, 07:43 PM
Definitely do not do a black headliner. The headliner in my buddy's Challenger is black, and it makes even that gigantic car claustrophobic.

Shep
03-28-2015, 07:52 PM
I've got one from DMCH that I would be willing to sell you for dirt cheap. Bought it at a different time than the rear headliner, and the color is VERY different between the two, so I got stuck with it, so it's just sitting in my place wasting space, still in the plastic. Piss poor QA on their part if you ask me, OEM colors really ought to match OEM colors! :thumbdown:

andy blackmon
03-28-2015, 08:46 PM
Shep, I have just sent you a pm. Thanks guys for the input black is off the table.

Shep
03-29-2015, 03:45 AM
Shep, I have just sent you a pm. Thanks guys for the input black is off the table.Received and responded! :)

(For what it's worth, I've been waiting on knowing it would be recovered before selling it -- you're the first that mentioned it, so it's yours ;) )

Shep
03-29-2015, 05:11 PM
Sold! Will get the headliners shipped out to you ASAP :thumbup: