PDA

View Full Version : SCREEN MACHINES & Videobob coming to the UK

videobob
04-07-2015, 10:49 AM
Hey UK friends!
Rachel and I, from SCREEN MACHINES will be visiting London / Windsor this next week.
We get in Wednesday and will stay till next Tuesday.
If you would like to meet us in person let me know and we can set it up.
Our show will be coming to the UK and Europe soon, it is being screened at Cannes this next week
and will have UK distribution soon!!!
Lots of exiting things going on!
We just finished up another episode featuring the "A-TEAM Van" and we are about another
episode where we build up all 3 versions of the Time Machine for a very special client!
Three Time Machines at once? Hell yeah we can do that!!
Crazy enough, we have built over 20 Time Machines so far not to mention all the other cars we have built.
Pretty sure that's a record that will never be beat!!!

See you soon!!

mr2nut123
04-08-2015, 11:22 AM
Hopefully you are greeted with lots of the UKs finest free range eggs. Put the glue gun down and step away from those poor Deloreans.

videobob
04-08-2015, 04:52 PM
The only thing we use glue guns for is sealing our double walled boxes that we ship worldwide.
So, not sure what this is supposed to refference other than one art project we did in 2004.
If you would like to meet in person I will pay for your taxi.

videobob
04-08-2015, 05:06 PM
Also, you posted a video of a part you ordered from me?
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=V6dlJa2MpOw

The part is kit and advertised as such.
Let me quote the ad for you,
"High Voltage Regulator - Replica
This is a resin casting of a custom made part found inside the Delorean, behind the passenger seat.
This is an out of mold kit requiring sanding, finishing, painting and mounting."

The parts are "loose" because you need to mount your own lights or buttons in them.
It is cold cast in silver powder for a genuine metal look, after you sand the bottom and edges you simply wipe off and polish the excess or you can paint it if you like.
This part is case from the original metal Zero enclosure and will look identical when complete.
This is a kit for the skilled builder.
I appologize if you lack the skills for this type of work, you might have requested the finished version.

AdamKontras
04-08-2015, 07:06 PM
mr2nut123 - you are mean, rude and add nothing to conversations other than to start shit. You post shitty comments all the time. You hurt this community. And the fact that I'm singling YOU out in this thread should speak volumes. Just stop, man.

Domi
04-09-2015, 02:54 PM
Hey UK friends!
Our show will be coming to the UK and Europe soon, it is being screened at Cannes this next week
and will have UK distribution soon!!!

Any idea when it will be on the air in France?
Thanks!

alexwolf1216
04-09-2015, 03:01 PM
Hey Bob,

Ive sent you a bunch of messages on a glove box insert you offered to sell me like 6 months ago. I am going to be in dallas May 1, any chance I can come by and pick it up?

videobob
04-09-2015, 03:32 PM
Unfortunately I will be out of town, in DC during that time.
Sorry.

Hey Bob,

Ive sent you a bunch of messages on a glove box insert you offered to sell me like 6 months ago. I am going to be in dallas May 1, any chance I can come by and pick it up?

mr2nut123
04-23-2015, 11:57 AM
mr2nut123 - you are mean, rude and add nothing to conversations other than to start shit. You post shitty comments all the time. You hurt this community. And the fact that I'm singling YOU out in this thread should speak volumes. Just stop, man.

Nope, just checked over all my previous posts. Most are helpful and meaningful, but when it comes to this good for nothing a$$hole, it just helps other people not become victims. To be banned from Ghostbusters forums, prop forums, and other Delorean forums is a damn difficult task to do but he's managed to do it on every single one. Poor worksmanship, disgusting communication, threats and just generally being the ass of the Delorean community...you get all that you deserve.

This coming from the guy that VB shafted btw..?! How the tables have turned. When did you two get back together?

Shep
04-24-2015, 11:30 AM
NopeYup. :popcorn:

Mean? Check. Rude? Check. Trying to start shit? Check. From that one post alone, I can tell that you sir are indeed a terrible, terrible person.

VB, don't feed the troll. Nor anyone else for that matter. I'm not even taking sides here either, but there's only one asshole in this thread, and his name isn't videobob.

mr2nut123
04-24-2015, 12:12 PM
Yup. :popcorn:

Mean? Check. Rude? Check. Trying to start shit? Check. From that one post alone, I can tell that you sir are indeed a terrible, terrible person.

VB, don't feed the troll. Nor anyone else for that matter. I'm not even taking sides here either, but there's only one asshole in this thread, and his name isn't videobob.

So from ONE angry post, from someone who has two friends who have been scammed, quizzed as to why they've bought parts, and had massive delays on parts from him... I'm a terrible person?! You sir, are a judgemental person.

Soundkillr
04-24-2015, 12:48 PM
Now that both parties have expressed an opinion, all I ask is that from this point on, take it to pm. Let's try and keep this from derailing.

videobob
04-29-2015, 03:09 AM
mr2nut123, please tell me, what items have you ordered from me and when?
I did see where you posted a video of receiving a part kits from me.
You complained that it was assembled and unfinished in this video you posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6dlJa2MpOw

Maybe you misunderstood the ad when it said "This is an out of mold kit requiring sanding, finishing, painting and mounting."
I am sorry if this part was beyond your building skill level or if you are unfamiliar with unfinished parts.
We offer this part this way because some people like to add lights or working buttons to it.
It is cast in real aluminum powder which can be polished off or you can repaint it if you choose.
The digital readout is cast in translucent red so that you can paint it black, leaving the window section open
and add your own lights to it inside. I like to print out a clear label from my Brother Printer and lay it over the window
for a realistic effect.
It is easily mounted from the rear using screws, epoxy or rivets, depending on how you want to do it.
We have put this part on most of the 20 Time Machines we have built.
You are right, it is a solid brick!
We can make it out of fiberglass and make it much lighter but we think that making it completely bullet proof guarantees it will last.

Here is what it looks like when it is assembled:

The original is made from a Zero brand deep drawn enclosure with illuminated buttons and a digital selector that is all but impossible to find.
Assembling the original prop could cost you as much as $1000 to put together.
I think our replica is a good substitute and visually looks the same.

Here is what an original looks like:

If you are not happy with the part please contact me and send it back for a refund.

Kane
04-29-2015, 03:43 PM
Take it to PM, Bob.

aotmfilms
04-29-2015, 04:29 PM
Actually I'd like to hear as how I have been following Videobob for sometime now (BIG FAN!). I have followed Adam as well for years and found that conversation interesting between the two. As a future Customer of both. I am currently where Adam was last April and so, more than likely, will be Videobob's Customer in the future. I have learned alot from both in the past year.

As an unbiased person for both I feel that VB does good work, both have EGO issues but I can work with anybody.

I do find it funny that as nerds and DMC fanatics that most of us should have a lot in common but like the IT nerd that I am, get onery at other IT nerds or nerds in general like myself. I am in no way, shape or form associated with either as friends or business associates. I am however with TACOM (if that rings a bell Adam) lol.

(If time travel were possible, we'd be the ones to invent it.)

So not to bring drama or anything, Mod, it is respectfully requested that this thread be allowed to continue.

Respectfully submitted,
Aotmfilms

CAVEAT: VB, when will that TV show (episode) air in the US? I'll make sure to watch it. (not calling anybody "nerds", just that I am one and I supposed some of you are too?")

mr2nut123
04-29-2015, 06:26 PM
Want to see how well he's loved globally?

http://www.therpf.com/f9/emails-ive-recived-videobob-178695/

http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=27212&start=150

http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=27212

http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=30178

He bullies Gary Weaver non stop as he's jealous of his original work, and tries to do the same to Bruce at all DMC events, rather than just trying to get along. I've never had any issues with any other builders. Joe, Terry, Bruce, Gary....all fine. There are videos out there of him harassing Gary at events, as well as videos Gary ripped before VB removed them due to embarrassment. For example, there's a video in which VB is literally filming himself pissing on a picture of Gary in his toilet and saying all sorts of bad stuff about the guy. There are also stories of him spitting on other peoples time machine conversions and attempting to damage them in spite.

There's a reason he's banned everywhere, not only for recasting, but also for ripping people off and once money has exchanged, simply ignoring them.

mr2nut123
04-29-2015, 06:42 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1X5YOLpikjg

I wonder why this video was unlisted and not proudly set as public..?

aotmfilms
04-30-2015, 01:32 AM
Mr. Nut (I would have had my screen name "BustAnut" or DEEZNUTS but to each his own :D Joking),

I respect your views but the information that I am seeking is about what product did he FUBAR for you? How did he FUBAR it and what recourse (besides this forum and other's) did you take against him?

Please understand that your pain is my gain and I thank you for that! I do and can sympathize with you.

Please understand that I have researched both him and Adam for the past year (or in Adam's case, longer) so I do know about all of those videos, emails et al, what I am requesting from you is this:

"What business reason do you find fault with him on what you purchased?"

I do understand that their are, from your perspective, "buttheads" everywhere, but in a business transaction you have to stick to the facts. I deal with people everyday that I do not like but I will eat crow with a smile on my face because if I do not, I cannot pay my bills and my Time Machine dream goes poof! VB, sometimes you cannot let those people call you "Chicken" like Marty McFly does. You are bigger than that Man!

I have seen Mr. Weaver's work. I applaud it! Really I do. But those other builders, besides Mr. Coulombe, do not have the production facilities that I need to build and or source the parts for a Time Machine within a reasonable amount of time. Only Mr. Moseley and Mr. Coulombe have that capability in my estimation and per my research.

I have also looked over Mr. Weaver's diagrams and understand that at this present time that I cannot replicate his work as of now, but in the future I can and will. The problem is that I do not have 5 years to wait.

I also believe that 17 or 18 vehicles later that VB's work does speak for itself. If that does not then Adam's 35k or so in profits from rentthedelorean in the first couple of months of 2015 will attest to that.

But I digress, let me give you a little background, (or tell your a story about my love of the Delorean and the reason why I want to own one). (Sorry VB for highjacking your thread, my sincerest apologies)

John Delorean was born in Detroit. I am from Detroit.
John Delorean worked at GM. I work by GM.
Back in the Summer of 1982, at the young age of 11 years old my first glimpse of a Delorean was at the Country Boy restaurant in Hazel Park Michigan. I asked my Dad if I could ask the gentleman who owned it if I could sit in it. The guy (who owned the restaurant), said sure why not. As he began to tell me about the car on that hot sunny Michigan day I wondered what it would be like to own one. As a kid of 11 at that time, I thought it was a pipe dream. The owner of the D, tried to screw with me and said, come here kid as he lifted up the "hood" of the Delorean. I was like Sir, where is the engine? Never thinking it was in the BACK of the car. Ever since then I had wanted to own a Delorean. Back to the Future in 1985 solidified that feeling but living in Hazel Park, we weren't known for being rich so even after going into the Military I could not afford that car. (In 1988 dollars the car would be equivalent to 60,000 dollars today).

Fast forward to 2011, 20 years in the Military and College etc. later, I was talking to my Sister about her dreams. She wanted to get a house, have a husband, the usual woman stuff. My Sister was 51 at the time. My Sister passed in July 2014 at the age of 53, but in April of 2014 I had a notion about owning a Delorean and BTTF stuff. As my oldest Sister was going thru cancer I started thinking about MY bucket list and the two things that came to mind were owning a Delorean and going to Australia before I die. Life tends to take on a new meaning when you feel that tomorrow is not guaranteed. I am 44 and middle aged. So my Delorean and BTTF notion took hold in April of 2014 and so I began to investigate. As I said previously, I was following Adam's blogs for awhile previously and saw that he was doing something with a Delorean. The Delorean subject really sparked my interest as how I was single, have a good job, and no kids, but unlike Adam, nobody rich in my family.

Even though I had a notion, I did not have the money for a Delorean last year because I was in the last year of paying off 80k in debt.

I didn't have a pot to piss in nor a window to throw it out of figuratively speaking. Well I started researching Mr. Moseley and Mr. Coulombe and lurking on this website, VB's youtube channel, anything I could find about Time Machines, DMC etc. As of Feb 28th I paid off the last part of that 80k debt. I was divorced in late 2010 so roughly 20k per year I paid off, in order to do that I was living rough with Ramen and Mac/Cheese as my best friends.

Now I have decided to come out of the closet (pun intended), and become a part of this forum to pick the brains of the people here so that I can maintain and source parts for a Delorean.

Your experiences Mr. Nut, along with others on here are very important to me, so please for the benefit of lurkers like myself, stick to your own facts and not hearsay and let me know what happened.

In defense of you on here Mr. Nut, I did not particularly care for the "Dreamer" comment about purchasing Deloreans, VB in your wanting to purchase Deloreans in the "For Sale" section.

All of us are "Dreamers", including yourself VB and I'd hope to think you still are. I understand that you are running a business, please understand that other's like myself are sourcing a Delorean as well and putting Dreamers down will not bring you future Customers. If you do not care about your Customer's I will cite you Blockbuster. Blockbuster did not care about their Customer and when other avenues of sourcing came along (on demand video as an example), Customer's went elsewhere. After this 2015 BTTF Craze you may find business slow down, treat people cordiall and you will win me as a Customer.

In defense of VB I will say this: QUOTE"I just had a meeting with a company that will do my shells in carbon fiber. They will be super light and strong, untouchable.

You will find that people just want the best part for the best money. They don't care who made it and who made what by themselves or what was outsourced. Thats all irrelevant.
Go ask Wal-Mart how that works.

As for my licenses, Diamond Select's license was a set unit production agreement as is mine, so it was non exclusive.
I can assure you that when my deal with Sony is complete I will do everything I can to shut down my opposition as best as I can.
I took in 80K in the last month, 2 Time Machines, a Bluesmobile and 4 full Proton Packs.
Business is good.
The only one who loses in this equation is YOU dude.
So you can play your internet games like a 6 year old or you can grow up and do real business.
It won't do you any good to kiss up to GBFans when the website is deleted by Sony!!!
- Bob

Sent from my iPad "

As how I am not of the prop building community, I'll be frank...I could give a RATS hind booty about "Recasting", I am following a dream and if I can source a good Delorean and or a Time Machine for a good competitive price with good Customer Service and support then I will do that. VB wants to make money, I want a Time Machine and or Delorean. He is giving someone a very lucrative business opportunity in my estimation and with the research that I have done, He brings in some good cash flow that as an investor or partner would be foolish to ignore. If the market will support a 2,500 dollar Ghostbuster power pack, how is VB wrong in trying to source the items and materials to give people what they want? If he didn't and I knew that the market wanted that I'd be on it like white on rice or flys on crap, "recaster" or not.

I would ensure that I used legal language so as to not bear the ire and wrath of Sony or Universal in making those props or reverse engineering them but I'd do that in a hot minute if I had the ability.

Finally, I am interested in building relationships. The Dealership that I choose (DMC Midwest, Houston etc or something local), will source my Delorean parts, the BTTF person who assists me in building the Time Machine will be the one that I go to exclusively for support and parts when the car and props break. IE you will have me as a Customer for life if you treat me well.

Thank you for reading my long and lengthly introduction and I am happy to be apart of this forum!
Thanks again!:wave:
--Aotmfilms

Shep
04-30-2015, 06:23 AM
Now that both parties have expressed an opinion, all I ask is that from this point on, take it to pm. Let's try and keep this from derailing.https://i.imgflip.com/kv3j1.jpg

Soundkillr
04-30-2015, 07:52 AM
https://i.imgflip.com/kv3j1.jpg

Lol, one last time, or ill be the nerd that locks this down. I understand people need to hear both parties especially potential customers BUT, we have covered this before. Do a search for the many (already locked) topics.

aotmfilms
04-30-2015, 10:56 AM
Lol, one last time, or ill be the nerd that locks this down. I understand people need to hear both parties especially potential customers BUT, we have covered this before. Do a search for the many (already locked) topics.

Roger. Noted.

--Aotmfilms

Soundkillr
04-30-2015, 07:59 PM
:cheers::cheers:

videobob
05-01-2015, 12:50 AM
MODS, fans, foes, whatever.
This thread was started by me as a way to make myself available to fans of my show, fans of my work, potential customers or mutual friends who wanted to meet with me in the UK.
I go out of my way to be a cool as I can with people.
However some people are giant dicks no matter what you do for them.
I have definitely had arguments with people in the past, some of which I regret, some had it coming, others came to me looking for it.
As moderators, if you want to run a peaceful forum you should take actions against people like MR2NUT who are nothing more than thread trolls who make it their life mission
to cause trouble for others.
I understand that I am a target and I have handful of haters out there, that's fine.
I have hundreds of thousands of people who "like" me on social media, youtube, national television, etc.
I don't guide my life by half a dozen internet trolls who give me hate. Who cares?
The only reason I would bother replying to MR2NUT is because he made him self a customer and purchased items from me.
I have learned that my trolls are also my customers. They buy things from me just so they complain about it, but then they use the stuff anyway!!!
Explain that?
Almost every Time Machine out there has my stuff on it, either directly or in-directly by copy.
That said, I have hoarded parts and bought out all remaining supplies of many parts or made molds of exact parts, so other builders simply can not replicate what I do because the parts are not available
and they resort to substitutes or alternate building methods. Therefore, they are not really competition for me.
I have since become quite the snob when it comes to my cars, I do it right, screen accurate or I refuse the sale.
You get it like the one in the movie or you don't get it.
I know I can't please everyone and I don't try to. I am only interested in customers who want a true replica of the original car, built well and by a team that has done it more times than anyone else on Earth.
When the BTTF craze dies down I will have a lot of other cars to fall back on. I am not worried about it.
This confidence and security has given me a new attitude and a much thicker skin.
SO these trolls don't really bother me anymore, but they do destroy your forum and poison the good mood.
If you want to make this a happy place, spank these children or put them on a time out.
Thanks.

PS: I am in Washington DC this weekend. I am always happy to meet anyone, anytime that I can make available.

Kane
05-01-2015, 02:42 AM
Take it to PM, Bob.

Soundkillr
05-01-2015, 07:16 AM
Bob, I'm tired of this. I tried to take the cool approach and ask everyone to play well, and keep the harsh comments to themselves. This was for both your benefit and ours, allowing the thread to stay open. BOTH sides stated an opinion. It could have been left there and moved on, but the jabbing continued. The thread will remain in the feed for a long time, so you are still getting your initial point across, but this way drama is kept to a minimum.