PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Load of Cars

DMCMW Dave
04-17-2015, 02:00 PM
Here's about the strangest carrier pickup I've seen. It's kind of the BTTF Movie on one truckload.

I know they are not exact, sorry, but I still thought it was cool.

Marty's Toyota truck
The Libyans
The DeLorean
And Farmer Peabody's truck if he really had one. .. . . I couldn't recall if they showed it, but this is what he would have had.

Interesting thing is that from what I hear the VW bus is probably the most valuable car on the load.

alexwolf1216
04-17-2015, 02:34 PM
Here's about the strangest carrier pickup I've seen. It's kind of the BTTF Movie on one truckload.

I know they are not exact, sorry, but I still thought it was cool.

Marty's Toyota truck
The Libyans
The DeLorean
And Farmer Peabody's truck if he really had one. .. . . I couldn't recall if they showed it, but this is what he would have had.

Interesting thing is that from what I hear the VW bus is probably the most valuable car on the load.

Yes, those 21 window busses fetch an amazing amount of money. I couldnt even afford a rusted up one when I bought my bay window bus.

Timebender
04-17-2015, 03:35 PM
Any 67 and earlier split-window bus is worth a ton, even when sitting rusted in someone's field or forest. Anything later that's a bay window can be had pretty cheap, or reasonably. The Libyan bus was a late 60's (or maybe early 70's?) bay window.
My 63 23-window sold for $21k with 75% restoration, running daily driver, about 7 years ago. Today I could have gotten $80k where it was, and restored around $150k.

One of the biggest factors then for higher prices was tons of them going overseas to Japan. I'm guessing that's even more so now.