PDA

View Full Version : Wanted stock radio

NVAPILOT
08-13-2011, 12:34 AM
I have an 81, restored / fixed most issues on the car. Now I'm looking for the stock early 81 radio (no clock)

Anyone have one to sell / give?

Dave 2230

Now in Reno Nv... all alone here...

ccurzio
11-29-2011, 09:07 AM
I just replaced the stock Craig in my 81, so I've got one if you want it. Don't expect much out of it though, especially on the 1981 models. The windshield antenna design is useless, even for the most powerful radio stations.

The cassette deck works great though. I was using a tape adapter with my iPhone through the Craig before I replaced it.

r00b
11-29-2011, 10:33 AM
I've always found reception with windshield antenna and my Craig radio to be more than adequate. The DX button is the local/distant station button, It's not on by default and so all your distant stations will be snowy, hit the button and those stations are fine. I've always thought that the complaints about the radio reception were caused by not having this button on.

dtjk592
01-12-2012, 08:01 PM
Hey all I am interested in a craig radio unit as well must be in fair cosmetic condition with working display and casette deck name your price thanks!

DMCMW Dave
01-12-2012, 08:16 PM
I've always found reception with windshield antenna and my Craig radio to be more than adequate. .

It mostly depends on how far you live from the radio stations. If you are in the urban area you'll think it's fine.