PDA

View Full Version : For Sale 1982, 10054 for sale $25,000

awags
05-18-2015, 12:10 AM
Well I've been debating selling it for a while now, I have too many other toys and just don't get to drive it nearly enough, these cars NEED to be driven, not stored.

I don't plan on doing a Craigslist or EBAY, and if I sell it, would like it to go to someone that knows something about DeLoreans, knows what they want, have done their research, and hopefully plan on driving it. Please don't contact me, asking a ton of questions to find that the car is exactly as stated, and then decline for no reason. But if you're serious about buying one (even if it's not mine), I'll be more than happy to talk about the car, my experiences, etc. I DO NOT WANT TO SOUND RUDE (I'M NOT) JUST DONT WANT TO DEAL WITH TIRE KICKERS!!! This forum helped me get it to where it is, so I'd like to sell it through the forum.

I've done all the work to it over the years, and have over $7,000 worth of PARTS receipts alone, doing my best to keep everything stock, pretty much ALL parts came from DMCH and some from DMCMW.

A/C works, all hoses replaced, and converted to 134.
Eibach lowering springs and shocks all four corners.

I will say most everything works as it should, so it will be easier to list the negatives or what could use some attention.

-Some curb rash on the wheels and spots of clear (powder coat?) starting to come off. A wheel repair shop gave me an estimate a few years ago of $125/wheel to fix, but don't take my word on that.

-Tires are in great condition, but they are old. Just being honest.

-Slight exhaust leak when cold, gets better once it starts to warm up. I didn't feel it was bad enough to fix.

-The interior door panels are fair, but could be replaced, along with the door latch trim (escutcheons), center T-top headliner, and rear interior panels could be recovered. These parts all available from DMC Houston/Midwest.

-Some minor exterior dings (again, 33yrs old) which are pretty much only noticeable under certain shop lights.

None of these were bad enough to fix, just still on my to-do list. Overall the car is in very good condition, runs great. Keep in mind it is 33 years old, stock fuel injection, etc. Again, the main reason I'm selling is I just don't use it enough. Along with the sale will be several boxes of old/spare parts, manuals, etc.

Thank you,

Aaron Wagner
cell 920-295-9731 (text or call)
[email protected] email
Car is located in Fond du Lac, Wi

aotmfilms
06-09-2015, 02:54 PM
I am serious and price is right but I am working a deal right now with another owner, if he doesn't jump on what I need for him to do then the first week of July I can talk to you.

Let me know if you want to talk. I can come to Fond du lac.

(Note: Please have your title and associated paperwork squared away. There is nothing worse for a buyer to go thru funding and investigating, pulling VIN histories only to find out thru your bank that the VIN is off by one number that will take 4 to 6 weeks to fix--I don't mean to offend).

Example: 2CEDT when it should be SCEDT.

Thank You

--Doug

awags
06-09-2015, 05:53 PM
Hey Doug,

Everything is clear, title in hand, car is ready to go/drive. Sounds like your talking from experience!? I know how that feels!

Aaron-

Gregadeth
06-09-2015, 08:32 PM
What's the mileage on the car? Thanks

awags
06-10-2015, 02:14 PM
70k +-

Jimmyvonviggle
06-10-2015, 04:58 PM
I am serious and price is right but I am working a deal right now with another owner, if he doesn't jump on what I need for him to do then the first week of July I can talk to you.

Let me know if you want to talk. I can come to Fond du lac.

(Note: Please have your title and associated paperwork squared away. There is nothing worse for a buyer to go thru funding and investigating, pulling VIN histories only to find out thru your bank that the VIN is off by one number that will take 4 to 6 weeks to fix--I don't mean to offend).

Example: 2CEDT when it should be SCEDT.

Thank You

--Doug

I hope you get your car, I really do but I can never understand a post like this. If your interested make a deal, if not don't. I'm sure the seller doesn't want to wait around while you shop and decide to pull the trigger. Now don't get in a huff and say I'm being mean or rude, I just hate when people talk things to death.

Shep
06-10-2015, 06:16 PM
I hope you get your car, I really do but I can never understand a post like this. If your interested make a deal, if not don't. I'm sure the seller doesn't want to wait around while you shop and decide to pull the trigger. Now don't get in a huff and say I'm being mean or rude, I just hate when people talk things to death.Quite confused by this post considering he's not a tire kicker like you're implying. He clearly said "first week of July" he can stop down and see it. That doesn't mean the seller is obligated to hold onto the car until then. He's simply stating his interest. When did he say he's not making a deal, and when did he say he's shopping and hasn't decided to pull the trigger yet? Since god forbid he can't say it, I'll say it: you are being mean, rude, and are really, really overreacting, especially since the seller already responded to his post and didn't have any issue with it.

Jimmyvonviggle
06-10-2015, 08:14 PM
Quite confused by this post considering he's not a tire kicker like you're implying. He clearly said "first week of July" he can stop down and see it. That doesn't mean the seller is obligated to hold onto the car until then. He's simply stating his interest. When did he say he's not making a deal, and when did he say he's shopping and hasn't decided to pull the trigger yet? Since god forbid he can't say it, I'll say it: you are being mean, rude, and are really, really overreacting, especially since the seller already responded to his post and didn't have any issue with it.

Listen Shep, I said I don't want to come across as mean and rude. But if you have been following his posts it seems this is a common theme. Whenever someone is selling a car there he is saying how he will be buying a car and maybe he will take a look. Why does he even have to say something? But I guess in this facebook generation everyone has to describe everything they are doing and will be doing.

Shep
06-10-2015, 09:40 PM
Listen Shep, I said I don't want to come across as mean and rude. But if you have been following his posts it seems this is a common theme. Whenever someone is selling a car there he is saying how he will be buying a car and maybe he will take a look. Why does he even have to say something? But I guess in this facebook generation everyone has to describe everything they are doing and will be doing.To show interest? I don't know about you, but when I bought my D, I did the same thing he's doing: exploring all my options. Some didn't pan out, others never got back to me, one seller actually followed up with me without saying a word about another buyer until I offered him his asking price, full well knowing he had scheduled the would-be owner to see it prior to any of my interaction with him. It's just the nature of the game.

And anyways, unless I'm missing a thread somewhere, I don't see you selling a D. So what if he's not the kind of seller you like, no need to get all bent out of shape over it. What's the big deal?

Jimmyvonviggle
06-10-2015, 10:34 PM
To show interest? I don't know about you, but when I bought my D, I did the same thing he's doing: exploring all my options. Some didn't pan out, others never got back to me, one seller actually followed up with me without saying a word about another buyer until I offered him his asking price, full well knowing he had scheduled the would-be owner to see it prior to any of my interaction with him. It's just the nature of the game.

And anyways, unless I'm missing a thread somewhere, I don't see you selling a D. So what if he's not the kind of seller you like, no need to get all bent out of shape over it. What's the big deal?

Not really getting bent out of shape at all. And not sure what me not selling a D has to do with it. When you were looking for a car would you post in other's for sale threads saying how you were buying a car, but just not now? Maybe you are that type of guy, that needs to let everyone know your business. I also like how you feel the need to defend Doug, like you know him or give a shit. If anything maybe Doug can hear what I'm saying as advice to keep his cards close when looking for a D. Like you said it's a game right?

Shep
06-11-2015, 02:34 AM
Not really getting bent out of shape at all. And not sure what me not selling a D has to do with it. When you were looking for a car would you post in other's for sale threads saying how you were buying a car, but just not now? Maybe you are that type of guy, that needs to let everyone know your business. I also like how you feel the need to defend Doug, like you know him or give a shit. If anything maybe Doug can hear what I'm saying as advice to keep his cards close when looking for a D. Like you said it's a game right?He said he's working a deal with another owner, and if that falls through, this is his next option. I seriously don't get your discontent for the guy. I've seen his other posts, and he hardly seems like the kind of person you're painting him out to be. As for defending him, frankly I just don't care for keyboard warriors like yourself, talking shit about a prospective buyer without having ever met him. I don't know the guy either, but again, you're not selling a D, so how does any of what he's doing affect you at all? It doesn't. I haven't a clue what he did to rub you the wrong way, but calling him out on a public forum to "keep his cards close" when it has no bearing on anything you do and does not affect you in any way, shape, or form is just an exercise in pissing to the wind. It would be one thing if he tried to buy from you and was a tire kicker, then I can see how warning others might actually be relevant. But since his posts have zero impact on your life beyond reading something that a person wrote on the internet (heaven forbid!), this kind of calling out is wholly unnecessary.

Jimmyvonviggle
06-11-2015, 07:20 AM
He said he's working a deal with another owner, and if that falls through, this is his next option. I seriously don't get your discontent for the guy. I've seen his other posts, and he hardly seems like the kind of person you're painting him out to be. As for defending him, frankly I just don't care for keyboard warriors like yourself, talking shit about a prospective buyer without having ever met him. I don't know the guy either, but again, you're not selling a D, so how does any of what he's doing affect you at all? It doesn't. I haven't a clue what he did to rub you the wrong way, but calling him out on a public forum to "keep his cards close" when it has no bearing on anything you do and does not affect you in any way, shape, or form is just an exercise in pissing to the wind. It would be one thing if he tried to buy from you and was a tire kicker, then I can see how warning others might actually be relevant. But since his posts have zero impact on your life beyond reading something that a person wrote on the internet (heaven forbid!), this kind of calling out is wholly unnecessary.

This is going nowhere, so this is my last post on this, you obviously like to argue. Oh and I wouldn't say I'm a keyboard warrior.

Philip81
06-11-2015, 07:52 AM

Shep
06-11-2015, 08:37 AM
This is going nowhere, so this is my last post on thisGood riddance.

you obviously like to argue.Funny, I'm not the one trolling the for sale section just to start shit or continuing to bash a buyer after someone calls you out on it.

Oh and I wouldn't say I'm a keyboard warrior.Somehow I can't see you crashing am otherwise civilized buyer-seller discussion in person just to bitch about tire kickers. How are you not a keyboard warrior exactly?

Soundkillr
06-11-2015, 04:04 PM
Take it to pm guys. Back on topic.

Jimmyvonviggle
06-11-2015, 06:38 PM
You have to keep pushing it Shep.

Shep
06-12-2015, 05:21 AM
You have to keep pushing it Shep.PM inbox is wide open :coffee:

awags
06-12-2015, 09:02 AM
Did I mention the digital clock in the console still works flawlessly!!!

aotmfilms
06-12-2015, 12:26 PM
All (UPDATE),

A deal has been done with the Owner that I am dealing with. We just have to figure out the particulars over the next couple of weeks.

The current owner is a good guy and did an OUTSTANDING job of showing the car, so much so, that I cut my inspection short and let him know that I would pay the price that he was asking.

My earlier post was in frustration about "Tire Kickers". Not all of us are tire kickers and not all of us are playing games--personally I am serious about purchasing a Delorean, so serious in fact that I have spent over 1k in investigating, travelling etc in just SEEING Deloreans. It may not be alot for you, but it is cash that I could have taken a vacation on.

The reason why I post what I am doing is because someday I may want to write a book about this experience and my posts on here and FB posts are kind of like a diary. I plan on having this car to raise funds for mycosis fungoides sufferers like my Sister who died from it last summer and inspired me to "Follow my dreams" in buying the Delorean. I NEED all of you owners on this forum's help in making this happen to support me with encouragement and advice on how to keep my D running.

My Sister's obituary: http://www.desmondfuneralhome.com/obituary/Paula-Marie-Brooks/_/1402981

About the disease: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mycosis_fungoides

Mycosis fungoides is a VERY PAINFUL form of Cancer that kills people diagnosed with it within 2 and a half years of diagnosis. The Delorean that I am purchasing will be part of a Foundation that I will have made by raising funds for 80's parties, people donating to sit in the car at car shows, my personal funds etc. When that amount gets large enough, the interest will provide relief/pallative care for those who are suffering. That care can take the form of body wraps, funds to help pay utilites, funds to provide transportation to a hospital for doctor visits etc.

My Sister died 366 days after diagnosis. My Sister did not have insurance due to this disease. My Sister was fired from her job due to the effects of this disease and that is why she did not have the funds to pay (3 to 5k) for the test to diagnose. To me this is why I am "On a Mission...."

I feel that I have not been rude to anyone on here, just expressing a Dream (for those that have read my posts) of owning and caring for a Delorean since I was 11 in 1982. If I have disrespected anyone on here you have my sincerest apologies, and if I meet you at a Delorean show or convention I will buy you a beer or a Coke.

Thank you for reading.

v/r,
Doug

P.S. My Sister is buried not to far, and in the same cemetary as JZD.

(sorry OP in hijacking your thread, don't mean to offend)

awags
06-12-2015, 05:06 PM
Just checked, Car has 64,000 miles on it.

flux3d
06-16-2015, 06:17 PM
Shep - "frankly I just don't care for keyboard warriors like yourself......" the irony....

Soundkillr
06-16-2015, 06:20 PM
Guys please, I've been lenient, please, stop messing up this for sale thread before i have to close it down, or delete the comments, to clean the thread.

Shep
06-16-2015, 06:24 PM
Guys please, I've been lenient, please, stop messing up this for sale thread before i have to close it down, or delete the comments, to clean the thread.For what it's worth, I already took it to PM with him.

Soundkillr
06-16-2015, 06:25 PM
:thumbup:

awags
06-23-2015, 10:19 PM
Car is sold.