PDA

View Full Version : Frame & Body Quarter window glass replacement

PlutonimicX
05-19-2015, 02:30 PM
Although I'm not even close to getting to this part of my refurbishment, I've become increasingly curious about this. The quarter window glass in my car was broken and the weatherstripping was torn when I tried to remove it. I can't find this part on DMC's website and couldn't find a replacement procedure anywhere. Has would a replacement be done? Is this weatherstripping available anywhere anymore?

DMCMW Dave
05-19-2015, 08:07 PM
Although I'm not even close to getting to this part of my refurbishment, I've become increasingly curious about this. The quarter window glass in my car was broken and the weatherstripping was torn when I tried to remove it. I can't find this part on DMC's website and couldn't find a replacement procedure anywhere. Has would a replacement be done? Is this weatherstripping available anywhere anymore?

http://store.delorean.com/p-9777-seal-rr-qtr-glass.aspx Looks like it's recently gone OOS. It is not used on all cars, the earlier cars just had it formed of the adhesive. That's actually a lot easier than trying to glue this in place at the same time as the glass.

Usually by a glass guy. It's a huge pain.