PDA

View Full Version : DeLorean at Streetside Classic Cars in Lithia Springs

DeLorean6934
08-13-2011, 08:59 PM
DeLorean 7107 for sale at Street Side Classic Cars on Thorton Rd. This place is awsome they have over 300 classic cars for sale and to look at at, and yes they have a DeLorean:). I happen to work right down the street aand go check the place out on my lunch break.

213 Thornton Rd
Lithia Springs, GA 30122
Local/International: (678) 279-1609
Toll-Free: (877) 367-1835
Hours: Monday - Friday: 9 AM to 6 PM EST, Saturday: 9 AM to 5 PM EST

Matt Parker

sean
08-13-2011, 09:27 PM
Got any other stats?
Interior color
Transmission
Price

Ryan
08-13-2011, 11:18 PM
I'll have to go check it out since I work right off Thornton.

I'm assuming this is it http://www.streetsideclassics.com/showcar.php/atl/331/1981-Delorean-DMC-12

sdg3205
08-13-2011, 11:51 PM
A fender mount antenna on a 7xxx VIN car? Okay.

DeLorean6934
08-14-2011, 04:16 PM
This is their ad, but it is grey interior:
1981 Delorean DMC 12 $22,995
Stock #331-ATL
As low as $322/month*

This vehicle is located in our Atlanta, Georgia showroom.
1981 Delorean DMC 12

Vehicle Specs
Engine:
2849 cc V6
Odometer Reading:
34,776 (Actual)
Exterior Color:
Silver
Transmission:
Body Style:
Fastback
Interior Color:
Black
Features
Air Conditioning
Leather Interior
Seatbelts
AM/FM Radio
Power Brakes
Numbers are Matching
Cassette
Power Windows
Vehicle Description

Thanks to Hollywood and a world-wide scandal, few cars are more recognizable than the DeLorean DMC-12. With its stainless steel body, gullwing doors, and handsome Giugiaro-penned shape, it has aged remarkably well. Nice, low mileage examples like this one are most definitely collector's items, and there's a large, passionate aftermarket dedicated to making them the cars they always promised to be. With all its original stainless body panels intact, this super-clean early-build DeLorean is exactly the type of car you want to add to your collection. Obviously immune to rust, it shows extremely well with a bright, uniform finish on the stainless, it has obviously been properly maintained throughout its life. Even the plastic front and rear fascias are still bright gray and haven't yellowed with age or lost their original painted finish as with so many poorly maintained DeLoreans. The rubber bumpers are excellent, all the glass remains clear and scratch-free, and the fragile rear window louvers are undamaged. Someone took exceptional care of this one.

The gray leather interior was a no-cost option (with the other choice being black), and given the DeLorean's marginal window openings and massive windshield, the light color is the right choice. Showing only age-appropriate wear but no damage, the leather seats are as comfortable as they look. The instrument panel gives you a complete view of the Renault-based V6's status, and all the gauges are functional. This one also carries the optional 5-speed manual transmission, which is highly prized versus the no-cost slushbox. An AM/FM/cassette stereo which was appropriate in the '80s is not functioning is ready to be replaced with a modern unit, and the A/C is still fully operational. In back, the storage area is accessed by tilting the seats forward, and the original cargo net remains in place. This car also carries full service records in the original book, an incredibly rare feature given how quickly the company went under.

Power comes from a 2.8-liter V6 that generates a relatively modest 130 horsepower, but in practice they turned out to be very reliable. The all-original engine bay is clean and looks about right for the indicated mileage, with all the original and unique bits and pieces being fully intact. It fires up quickly, idles nicely, and with the 5-speed, moves the car well enough to be entertaining. The DeLorean also featured a sophisticated all-independent suspension that rides well and soaks up bumps effortlessly, while still delivering more than enough grip given the horsepower output. Actually, the chassis is impressive to see, with hand-welded chassis members that look like a race car's monocoque, which shouldn't be surprising since it is based on a Lotus design. There's no sign of damage or corrosion on this one and the four-wheel disc brakes offer impressive stopping power. Staggered 14x6 and 15x8 wheels were unique in 1981, and today it wears modern BFGoodrich T/A radials in the original sizes.

If you've been waiting for the right DeLorean to add to your collection, this is the one. Call today!

This vehicle is located in our Atlanta, GA showroom. For more information, please call (678) 279-1609 or toll free (877) 367-1835.

dmc6960
08-15-2011, 10:38 AM
A fender mount antenna on a 7xxx VIN car? Okay.

Factory installed power antennas were not installed until the '82 1X,XXX cars. Before that it was up to the QAC to determine which antenna the car got. My 6960 had a fender antenna.

Chris Burns
08-15-2011, 11:00 AM
Not a bad find, but maybe if the price were down a bit. As we all know the purchase price is just the begining (as with any classic car).

Ryan
08-15-2011, 02:29 PM
I went over there today at lunch, and i must say it is a really cool place with a lot of classic cars for sale. I saw the Delorean, and from what I could tell it looks like it is in pretty good shape. I HATE the fender mounted antenna, but that's just me. I might offer them around 17k for it if i was in a position to buy.

I'm almost regretting going to look at it....

Urge to buy... rising....

sdg3205
08-15-2011, 03:31 PM
I HATE the fender mounted antenna, but that's just me.

It's truly awful. The most "unsporty" thing you could put on a sports car, and I had one!

Dangermouse
08-15-2011, 04:58 PM
Hey, two $23,000 DeLoreans for sale only 45 miles apart

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?767-Anyone-we-know