PDA

View Full Version : New DMC door struts

mr_maxime
06-14-2015, 09:13 PM
I stopped by DMCMW on my way down to atlanta and they popped in one of their new struts that they had just gotten. My driver's door used to open a little over a third of the way, and now it opens at least double that. Really pleased with it since I no longer worry about the door hitting my head.

DavidProehl
06-15-2015, 05:27 PM
Do they have a new model of strut in stock or just a new batch of the same struts? My doors are starting to sag after 5 years with the same struts, so planning to order a pair this week from DMCMW.

andy blackmon
06-16-2015, 12:09 PM
Having owned my Delorean since '82 I have installed many sets of door struts. I have used them all, the DMCH, the ones from John, Auto Zone , heck once I got a set off of Ebay. They all worked for a while wasn't really unhappy with any of them. Having said this last week I installed a new set from Grady's and they are opening my door fully without the bang at the top all and I mean all of the others did. In short all of the struts worked but the one I got off of Ebay were very cheap and only lasted about 6 months. Stick with our vendors the all sell good products.
Andy B 03513

mr_maxime
06-16-2015, 01:15 PM
New model I think. I think they are stabilus. I was hoping DMC would add more of the info of what they are. I just knew they were brand new when I came in.