PDA

View Full Version : DeLorean Convention and Show (DCS 2016)

Rich W
06-19-2015, 11:15 PM
Save the dates - July 21 through July 24, 2016

Location details to be announced soon.

More announcements at DMCMW Open House.

Rich W
06-26-2015, 11:50 PM
Sorry for the delay in posting details last weekend. Contract was not signed then.

Final negotiation meetings tomorrow and if all goes well, contract will be signed.

Contract needs to be approved by convention hall Board of Directors in July,
but the official announcement will be made once the contract is signed.

Hopefully, this means the official announcement will be by tomorrow evening.

More details to follow soon.

Rich W
06-29-2015, 02:00 PM
DeLorean owners, fans and enthusiasts,

Since DCS 2014 ended last June, many of you have been wondering "What's going on with DCS?"
Well, hopefully that question (and a few others) will be answered below or very shortly.

Life has a way of changing for all of us when least expected, and without getting into the details,
the planning and management of DCS has changed again, in early 2015, sooner than expected.

DCS is in the process of evolving again, after the tenure of Ken Koncelik and the transition
has not been quick or easy, but significant progress has been made on a shortened schedule.

The DeLorean Midwest Connection club officers and members are stepping in as Team DCS 2016.
During this DCS transition, the new primary contacts will be Tony Swann and Rich Weissensel.
Please keep in mind there is still much to do for DCS 2016 and details take time to finalize.
More DCS 2016 details and specifics will be announced over the upcoming weeks and months.

As of this past weekend, details for the convention hall were finalized and a contract signed.
Additional contracts for both the hotel and food services will be finalized and signed soon.

Many aspects of DCS will remain the same, while other DCS aspects will change significantly,
so with this in mind, hopefully the list below answers some of your questions about DCS 2016.

Q: Why is the DCS event name changing from DeLorean Car Show to DeLorean Convention and Show?
A: Easy answer. Ken K. wants to keep the DeLorean Car Show name, website and social media.
The DCS Planning Team decided to keep the DCS initials and re-brand the rest, accordingly.

Q: Will the DCS 2016 events still be held in Indiana? (at the Indy 500?)
A: No, Conflicts with the Indy 500 venue is the main reason for changing the event location.

Q: So where will DCS 2016 events be held?
A: DCS 2016 will be held at the Prairie Capital Convention Center (PCCC) in Springfield, IL.
For reference, Springfield, IL is in Central IL, just over an hour drive from St. Louis,
about a 3 hour drive from Chicago and just under a 4 hour drive from the DMC Midwest shop.
Springfield, IL has many historical venues, from Abe Lincoln museums to Route 66 stops.

Q: Will DCS 2016 be held on Father's Day weekend?
A: No, for a number of reasons, including the shortened time-table for the new planning team.
As of the contract signing this weekend, plan for primary dates of July 21st - July 24th.
An additional Wednesday evening event may be added (July 20th), so watch for more details.
For everyone who did not attend DCS, due to Father's Day, this is your chance to attend.

Q: Will there be a DCS Raffle Car? Will tickets for the next Raffle Car be available soon?
A: Actually, we are planning on two Raffle Cars - one as a fund raiser for pre-event expenses,
to be raffled in Oct. 2015. A second Raffle Car, to help pay for VIP guests and speakers
at DCS 2016 and pay for other event expenses and contracts, will be raffled off at DCS 2016.
The more funds that are raised, the more guest speakers we will be able to have attend.

Q: Where can I go to get more information or the latest information about DCS 2016 events?
A: This is still an on-going process, but below are the new URL reference locations:

www.deloreanconvention.com DCS has been re-branded as DeLorean Convention and Show
www.deloreanraffle.com DeLorean Raffle Cars - ticket revenue fund the DCS events

More details to follow soon.

Team DCS 2016

David R
06-29-2015, 03:21 PM
Awesome stuff, Rich. That venue is gorgeous. Great idea raffling off two cars as well! I'll be buying a few tickets as soon as the ordering system is back up.

Rich W
06-29-2015, 04:15 PM
Awesome stuff, Rich. That venue is gorgeous. Great idea raffling off two cars as well! I'll be buying a few tickets as soon as the ordering system is back up.

Thanks David. It's been a lot of work, but we hope everyone will enjoy the event and venue.

Just a few more details about DCS 2016 at PCCC in Springfield, IL:

Although Illinois is Famous for some things and Infamous for others, DCS 2016 will feature
more of the Famous locations that will highlight Central IL and the Springfield, IL area.

Downtown Springfield, IL is the Capital of Illinois and home to many Abraham Lincoln venues,
including the Lincoln Library and Museum, historic Lincoln home and several related museums.
Many of these historic sites are within a very short distance from the PCCC, but you can also
visit these sites as part of the DeLorean driving tour or as part of an organized guided tour.

Route 66 connected Springfield, IL with Chicago and St. Louis for many years as the primary
transportation route and many parts of this historic road still run parallel to interstates.
There are many historic Route 66 locations to visit near Springfield, IL or while on your way
to or from DCS 2016. Of course, driving a DeLorean on Route 66 is about as good as it gets.

The Prairie Capital Convention Center (PCCC) was chosen for DCS 2016 for a variety of reasons.

First, the entire event will be held indoors, from the dinners, to the Car Show, to the Vendor
displays, to the DCS Museum display, to the Tech Talks, to some hands-on "How To" sessions.
Although there is an optional, outdoor evening cruise-in event that is in the planning stages,
bad event weather (rain, storms, heat, etc.) has been removed from the list of our concerns.

Second, since we will be renting the entire PCCC facility from July 21 through July 24, there
is indoor DeLorean parking, on the Convention Center Main Floor, for duration of the DCS event.
This means if you arrive on July 21, you can park your "clean" DeLorean in the air conditioned
Convention Center until your Noon checkout on July 24. It does not get much better than that.

Third, vendors will be able to setup on July 21, and sell merchandise July 21 through July 23,
leaving their tear-down and pack-up day for July 24. This will allow attendees to purchase
vendor items during 3 days of the convention, and the extended days and hours will allow the
vendors to enjoy more of the convention and spend more time with attendees, friends and family.

Fourth, since we will be renting the entire PCCC facility, we will have access to all of the
Lower Level convention rooms, which will eliminate the need for "room change-overs" or having
dual-purpose rooms. We hope by eliminating unnecessary change-overs, the DCS 2016 volunteers
will have less "grunt work" during the event, so they can enjoy DCS with family and friends.

Fifth, the PCCC has gone through a number of recent upgrades and renovations, making it a
premier venue for convention and car show, with a few more upgrades planned before DCS 2016.
One of the exciting additions is a new, custom LED Facility Lighting system in the Main Hall
to be installed in early 2016, which will be fully adjustable and "dim-able". Very cool.

Event Time-Lines for each day will not be finalized until after all the contracts are signed.

Team DCS 2016

Rad Dad
06-30-2015, 09:16 AM
We are lucky to have you and the others from the Mid-West club to do all the hard work. It will be up to the rest of us to see that it is a well attended show. Thanks for all your time and effort.

Dick Ryan

Rich W
06-30-2015, 03:14 PM
We are lucky to have you and the others from the Mid-West club to do all the hard work. It will be up to the rest of us to see that it is a well attended show. Thanks for all your time and effort.

Dick Ryan

Thanks Rad Dad.

It's folks like Dick Ryan, who drive their DeLoreans all over the US (and Canada) that make all the hard work worth-while.

Ken K. did a great job with DCS for so many years (carrying the stainless torch), so we are happy to take the hand-off now.

While we may hold onto the DCS torch for a little while, we certainly encourage others to get involved and learn the ropes.
It is our hope that DCS will become a regional event that will be sponsored and run by other DeLorean clubs in the future.

Team DCS 2016

Rich W
06-30-2015, 03:15 PM
<snip> I'll be buying a few tickets as soon as the ordering system is back up.

FYI - as of 2 pm Central time this afternoon, the DeLorean Raffle Car Ticket Website is back up and running

For some of the International users, JCB cards and Diners Club International cards have been added.

Thanks,

Team DCS 2016

Rich W
07-02-2015, 03:11 PM
Mostly promotional photos, for now, but hopefully the photos will spark interest in potential DCS attendees
who need more than just getting together with the DeLorean Community, looking at cars and buying parts.

For the family attendees, there are plenty of "busy-activities" besides all the Historical and Educations sites,
including water parks, amusement parks (with go-karts) and plenty of nostalgia themed food (and golf).

Tamir A.
07-03-2015, 02:40 AM
This is going to be a great event! Hats off to Rich and Tony for spearheading this to make sure DCS lives on. Ken K is a tough act to follow, but I know the Midwest DeLorean guys will sweat blood to make this event absolutely bad ass!

MartyP
07-04-2015, 09:35 PM
Very interesting. Just 2 hours more than DCS 2014. For a total of 15 hours drive. I will make it again driving my D.

Rich W
07-05-2015, 07:35 AM
Thanks T. - Hope to see your DeLorean again at DCS 2016.

Thanks for making the drive down with your DeLorean Marty.

As always, it's a goal to get as many DeLoreans to DCS as possible,
and next year we will be offering a few extra perks for those who
bring their DeLoreans to DCS, including indoor airconditioned parking.

Rich W
07-07-2015, 02:57 PM
DCS 2016 - Springfield, IL

Major US Cities - Driving Distance Map:

micmak
07-07-2015, 03:20 PM
5 of us drove from Toronto last year. We are all talking about it again for next year. Really looking forward to it.

......Mike......

Josh
07-07-2015, 05:28 PM
Ill be driving down from Saskatchewan. A little shorter of a trip than Dayton, which is nice.

DavidProehl
07-07-2015, 06:22 PM
I'm planning on driving out! I'll be living in the Minneapolis area by then, so the drive won't be too terrible.

dmc6960
07-08-2015, 12:13 PM
I'm planning on driving out! I'll be living in the Minneapolis area by then, so the drive won't be too terrible.

Nor alone!

DavidProehl
07-08-2015, 12:40 PM
Nor alone!

Excellent! And I have sorted out my clutch and fuel issues so I shouldn't need your help this time to limp home! :)

Josh
07-08-2015, 02:45 PM
Id gladly meet up with you guys on my way!

davidc89
07-08-2015, 03:00 PM
I hope to make the trip as well. Maybe a Minnesota convoy?

DavidProehl
07-08-2015, 03:01 PM
A convoy sounds like a great idea. We'll have to organize specifics closer to the date. Probably for a different thread.

davidc89
07-08-2015, 03:11 PM
A convoy sounds like a great idea. We'll have to organize specifics closer to the date. Probably for a different thread.

+1

Rich W
07-08-2015, 03:27 PM

Yes, there will be Official (Sticky) Threads that will be created later, for both DCS 2016 Details and DCS 2016 Caravans.

Alan
07-08-2015, 08:06 PM
Colleen and I will be heading down from Mpls ad well. We might be heading out early and stopping along the way, though. A possible caravan back could work, too.

Rich W
07-21-2015, 07:35 PM
Reminder: Today is exactly one year from the first day of DCS 2016 at the Prairie Capital Convention Center in Springfield, IL.

Remember to buy your 2015 DeLorean Raffle Car Tickets to support DCS 2016. Drawing for this car will be in October 2015.

www.deloreanraffle.com

Watch for upcoming posts about Event Registration and Hotel Registration for DCS 2016, beginning next month (August 2015).

www.deloreanconvention.com

DMC5180
07-23-2015, 07:12 PM
Thus far we have only heard about the convention center itself. Is the hotel part of convention center or a separate entity adjacent to the complex?

Rich W
07-23-2015, 07:32 PM
Thus far we have only heard about the convention center itself. Is the hotel part of convention center or a separate entity adjacent to the complex?

Hi Dennis,

Valid question ... unfortunately, we are still negotiating the details of the contracts, and the contracts are not finalized yet.
The good news is that we think we are very close and we may have a signed deal for the hotel contract by next Monday.

The DCS 2016 Planning Team continues to work on a significantly shortened planning schedule (less than a year away now),
to get the best venues, for the best prices, and if all goes as planned, I think most everyone will be happy with our choices.

As with most businesses, the folks putting together contracts in Springfield, IL will monitor Social Media and other Forums,
regarding upcoming events, so we do not want to "put the cart before the DeLorean" until our contracts are signed.

Here's hoping we will find out soon.

Thanks,

DCS 2016 Planning Team

Rich W
08-03-2015, 06:25 PM
We are still waiting on a few details to get sorted out, but a copy of the signed contract has been returned to us, so we should be good to go.
A customized DCS Registration webpage (on the hotel website) is still in the works, and we should be able to post the link to that webpage
(and Group Code for call-in registrations) later this week, so stay tuned ... we should have more details for hotel registration very soon.

DeLorean Convention and Show (DCS 2016) has finalized negotiations with a host hotel and the planning team is very happy to announce that
the President Abraham Lincoln (PAL) Hotel will be the Host Hotel. The PAL is a Double Tree Hotel and it is Hilton managed. The PAL has been
very recently re-furbished (this past Spring), so the refurbishing will still be very fresh for our event next July.

The PAL is right across from the PCCC (Prairie Capital Convention Center) and there is an air conditioned tunnel between the PAL and the PCCC,
which makes things even easier and more convenient. For reference, mid to late July temps this year were in the upper 80's and low 90's, so
having much of the convention indoors and air conditioned should be much more enjoyable, for staff and attendees.

The DCS 2016 Planning Team was able to negotiate an outstanding room rate of $99/night, which is significantly lower than the standard rate
and the standard rates on many of the nearby hotels. We encourage all attendees to get rooms at the PAL, since it is so close to the PCCC and
it is also so close (only a very short walking distance) to the Abraham Lincoln Library and Museum, less than two blocks away.

The $99/night rate is for the convention days (July 21-24, 2016) and the days on either side of the convention, if you decide to extend your stay.

More details to follow.

SIMid
08-04-2015, 12:57 AM
DCS 2016 - Springfield, IL

Major US Cities - Driving Distance Map:

Don't forget Melbourne, Australia! :lol:

Will try and make this one as I missed out on the last one (pending exchange rate doesn't kill me before then).

Rich W
08-20-2015, 05:40 PM
DCS 2016 Host Hotel Registration is now OPEN. See the following link for details:

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?12353-DCS-2016-Host-Hotel-Registration-is-OPEN

DCS 2016 Event Registration will open this Fall/Winter (TBA), so watch for more details.

Rich W
08-26-2015, 06:50 PM
The Prairie Capital Convention Center (PCCC) was chosen for DCS 2016 for a variety of reasons.

<snip>

Fifth, the PCCC has gone through a number of recent upgrades and renovations, making it a
premier venue for conventions and car shows, with a few more upgrades planned before DCS 2016.
One of the exciting additions is a new, custom LED Facility Lighting system for the Main Floor
to be installed in early 2016, which will be fully adjustable and "dim-able". Very cool.

With so much focus in the past 8 months on trying to play "catch up" with re-scheduling DCS 2016,
it feels great to announce that something has been completed early, 6 months ahead of schedule.

As mentioned above (end of June), the PCCC was able to complete its LED Lighting System Upgrade
about 6 months ahead of schedule, which means we (and the PCCC Staff) will be able to use some
of the events between now and DCS 2016 to "fine tune" how we would like to display our DeLoreans
with the completely adjustable (and "dim-able") LED Lighting System for the Main Floor of the PCCC.

I know it may be boring to most folks, but I am attaching a photo of the "ceiling area" of the PCCC
with the new LED Lighting System on Full Brightness (which we will use for Move In and Move Out).
In the next few weeks/months, we will try to plan a day when we can get a few DeLoreans into the
PCCC and see how the LEDs reflect on our cars, so we can start adjusting for best "show intensity".

More details (and photos) to follow this Fall.

DCS 2016 Planning Team

Rich W
09-28-2015, 02:45 PM
With so much focus in the past 8 months on trying to play "catch up" with re-scheduling DCS 2016,
it feels great to announce that something has been completed early, 6 months ahead of schedule.

As mentioned above (end of June), the PCCC was able to complete its LED Lighting System Upgrade
about 6 months ahead of schedule, which means we (and the PCCC Staff) will be able to use some
of the events between now and DCS 2016 to "fine tune" how we would like to display our DeLoreans
with the completely adjustable (and "dim-able") LED Lighting System for the Main Floor of the PCCC.

I know it may be boring to most folks, but I am attaching a photo of the "ceiling area" of the PCCC
with the new LED Lighting System on Full Brightness (which we will use for Move In and Move Out).
In the next few weeks/months, we will try to plan a day when we can get a few DeLoreans into the
PCCC and see how the LEDs reflect on our cars, so we can start adjusting for best "show intensity".

More details (and photos) to follow this Fall.

DCS 2016 Planning Team

A big thanks to the members of the DeLorean Midwest Connection club and the Mid-States DeLorean club that made the trek to Springfield, IL
this past Saturday with their DeLoreans, to help us get an idea of how our DeLoreans will look in the PCCC with the new LED lighting system.

We had 10 DeLoreans in attendance, including 1 Red and 1 Black painted DeLoreans. While the lower intensity settings revealed results similar
to fluorescent lights, the higher intensity settings were much more flattering for stainless panels, whether the panels were with or without flaws.

See a couple of the sample preview photos at the PCCC below. Please note there was a "concert setup" in progress on part of the Main Floor,
and all of the portable Main Floor Seats will be retracted and stored out of the way for our DCS 2016 event. All in all, a very successful preview.

Delorean3610
09-28-2015, 06:53 PM
I'm looking forward to attend the Dmc convention, it will be my first one. But what will be a rough cost to attend the full weekend? I want to start getting funds ready, and what is the cutoff point for reservations?

Rich W
09-28-2015, 07:20 PM
I'm looking forward to attend the Dmc convention, it will be my first one. But what will be a rough cost to attend the full weekend? I want to start getting funds ready, and what is the cutoff point for reservations?

Although the DCS 2016 Event Registration details will not be available until about the Thanksgiving time-frame, the costs will be partially based upon
the success of the 2015 DeLorean Raffle Car ticket sales, since it was meant to be a DCS Fundraiser, to help reduce the overall DCS 2016 Event costs.

Since you have not attended a previous DCS event, it probably does not help (you) much to say we will be trying to keep the costs similar or lower
than previous DCS events, while providing a high quality indoor venue for the cars and the venders, as well as provide a high quality hotel attached
to the convention facility, all while keeping the event registration costs reasonable. The number of guest speakers is also based upon the success of
the DeLorean Raffle, so the better the raffle does, the better the selection of guest speakers will be. It's all a numbers game and so far, so good.

As far as event registration numbers are concerned, we may target 600 initially for the cut-off point, but we do have a little wiggle room for the dinners.

DCS 2016 Planning Team

Rich W
10-07-2015, 01:30 PM

More details to follow.

Rich W
10-26-2015, 06:00 PM
The Link to the 2015 Raffle Car Drawing of the Winner ... Edwin Exconde.

http://abc7chicago.com/entertainment/delorean-giveaway-on-wcl/1044165/

... and the 2015 DeLorean Raffle Car being delivered to the Exconde Family.

The Exconde Family plans to be at DCS 2016 with the 2015 DeLorean Raffle Car.

Rich W
11-02-2015, 01:40 PM
Tickets are now available to purchase for the 2016 DeLorean Raffle Car at: www.DeLoreanRaffle.com

Although many people may hold-off on purchasing raffle tickets for the 2016 DeLorean Raffle Car until sometime next year,
below are a few of the reasons why buying tickets sooner rather than later, will help DCS now and help make DCS better.

As many of you may already know, the Ticket Sales for the 2016 DeLorean Raffle Car began on Sunday, November 1, 2015,
after a successful raffle and drawing for the 2015 DeLorean Raffle Car this past Summer and Fall. Although we have already
invested more funds in the repairs of both raffle cars that initially anticipated, we know the winners are getting well-sorted
DeLoreans and we hope there is enough net funds left over, to use toward the planning and operation of DCS 2016.

Although the 2015 DeLorean Raffle Car funds were able to fund most of the initial costs for both 2015/2016 Raffle Cars and
many of their repairs and upgrades, there was still significant private funds that were used for repairs and upgrades that will
need to be re-paid, in addition to all of the deposits paid prior to the raffle, required to hold DCS 2016 venues for next year.
This is all up and above the vendor discounts for repairs and volunteer time and effort with the raffle cars and planning DCS.

Since DCS 2016 is basically re-starting from scratch, the more funding we have in advance, the better events we will have.
The more funding we have early, the more VIPs we can invite now to DCS 2016 (and cover their expenses). If we do not get
significant funds from the 2016 DeLorean Raffle Car until next Spring and Summer, we may loose the opportunity to invite
many of the VIPs/Guests (with late invitations) and booking flights later in the process will also cost DCS more of the funds.

So the more Tickets we sell, the sooner the better, then the sooner we can invite the VIPs and pay for their travel expenses,
and the more Tickets we sell in November, the better the chance we can keep the Convention costs down, which will reduce
expenses for all of the DCS attendees, soon to be reflected in the DCS 2016 Event Registration we anticipate will be online by
late November or early December 2015. As stated earlier, Ticket Sales now, will help DCS now, and help make DCS better.

We hope that offering two DeLorean Raffle Cars will be a multiple "Win-Win" opportunity for Ticket Buyers and for DCS 2016.

Thanks again for the success of the 2015 DeLorean Raffle Car and for everyone planning to buy 2016 Raffle Car Tickets soon.

DMCSPRINT
01-04-2016, 10:45 PM
Is there any update on registration for the DCS 2016? Thanks

Rich W
01-05-2016, 09:25 AM
Is there any update on registration for the DCS 2016? Thanks

DCS 2016 Event Registration details are still being finalized, but Event Registration should be "available" soon.

Side Note: Beyond expected delays with the holidays taking up most free time, regular day-to-day life has slowed the finalizing process as well.
My Mom broke her leg back on Thanksgiving and is now on her 3rd (and final?) cast, to be replaced with a walking boot immobilizer next week.
She had two fractures just above the Left ankle, and although she recently turned 84, she is healing up well (according to last week's X-Rays).
Her extra care over the last 5-6 weeks has left me with very little spare time to finalize DCS 2016 details, but slow progress is still being made.
As for Tony, his three kids have been "sharing colds" among themselves throughout the Holiday season, so Tony has had little spare time too.

Back to DCS 2016 ...

The DCS 2016 Hotel Registration has been going well and hopefully the issue of availability of "shoulder days" before and after the event will
remain resolved (with continued monitoring). If you have not hotel registered yet, here is a link: http://tinyurl.com/DCS2016-Hotel-Register

2016 DeLorean Raffle Car (this time it's an early car, so make sure to buy your ticket(s) early too)

With 2016 being the 35th Anniversary of the start of production of the DeLorean car, what better tribute to the marque than to offer a well-sorted
early production DeLorean as the 2016 DeLorean Raffle Car, complete with gas-flap hood, dark wheels and fascias, and all original black interior.
Raffle Tickets are available NOW and the revenue from ticket sales will be used for VIP Guests at DCS 2016 and to keep overall DCS costs down.
Check out photos and details about VIN...965 then purchase your Raffle Ticket(s) using the following link: www.DeLoreanRaffle.com

Stay tuned for more details about DCS 2016 Event Registration ... coming soon.

Rich W
01-06-2016, 10:01 AM
First off ... Happy Birthday to JZD who would have been 91 today. Just think if JZD was around for all the BTTF hype last year. I guess, in a way, he still was.

With this in mind, I thought I would mention some of our behind-the-scenes work in our attempts to have some DMC VIP Guests attend DCS 2016 later this year.

Reality has started to settle in, as more and more of the potential VIP Guests (and/or their spouses) are in need of hip or knee replacements and these VIPs have
declined to attend, since they are either recovering from or "waiting their turn" to have knee or hip replacement surgery in 2016. Some have also committed to
attending EuroFest 2016 and are unable to attend both events, so we continue to move our way through the list, for some new and some "returning" VIP Guests.

The POGs will be back (with a few more POGs invited as well) and we have both some new and returning VIPs from the original DMC, which we will announce later.
For BTTF fans, Bob Gale has confirmed he will be returning for 2016, while the list of other new and returning BTTF Cast and Crew members will be announced later.

More to follow soon ...

Rich W
01-11-2016, 10:15 AM
Here is the latest link with (indirect) mention of DCS 2016:

http://www.c-mw.net/2003190-2/

There was another article earlier last week, but since I was not asked to proof-read,
the article went out with the DeLorean listed as a car of the 1970's, not the 1980's.

http://www.sj-r.com/article/20160103/NEWS/160109932/0/SEARCH

The folks at the SCVB now have an updated DeLorean FAQ sheet, so hopefully the
articles in the future will have as much correct DeLorean information as possible.

Rich W
01-22-2016, 11:05 AM
DCS 2016 - Tentative Preliminary Events Time-Line

As mentioned previously, DCS 2016 will be running differently than DCS events in the past,
therefore a preliminary time-line will assist most attendees in planning their activities.
Depending on how many activities you want to do and when you want to do them, you can start
your DCS 2016 activities as early as 8am on Thursday, July 21 after picking up all of your
registration materials in the Lobby area of the PCCC. If you are a morning person, you can
either drive one of the two self-guided tours or go to the Abe Lincoln Library and Museum.

The two self-guided drives will be a Route 66 Driving Tour and an Abe Lincoln Historic Tour.
In addition to driving the Abe Lincoln Historic Tour, there are several other Abe Lincoln
Historic sites within walking distance of the Convention Center and Hotel and they will be
on the list of Things to See on the Walking Tour of Downtown Springfield, IL. The less busy
times to do the driving tours will be in the morning, so you can pick and choose which tours
you would like to do and when you would like to do them.

DeLoreans will be able to be parked in the PCCC starting at Noon on Thursday, July 21. You can
choose to keep your DeLorean in the PCCC for the duration of the convention or you can use
your DeLorean during the day and park in the PCCC overnight, using hourly In/Out capability.
Specific overhead doors and Main Floor areas in the PCCC will be designated for daily In/Out,
and overhead doors will be opened for a few minutes hourly, at the top of the hour, starting
at Noon on July 21, until 5pm, then Friday 8am-12pm and 1pm-5pm, and Saturday 8am-10am.

There will be no Car In/Out capability during the Saturday Car Show, from 10am to 4pm. After
the Car Show, you may move your car out from 4pm-5pm, otherwise all cars are in for the night.
All DeLoreans can remain in the PCCC until about 11am on Sunday, since we would like to have
all of the vehicles exit the building by Noon on Sunday. PAL Hotel check-out is also at Noon.

Thursday, July 21 -- Morning

- Registration Open (PCCC Lobby) ... 8am to 11am
- Vendor Move In - PCCC Lower Level ... 8am to 12pm
- Optional Driving Tour - Route 66 ... 8am to 12pm
- Optional Driving Tour - Abe Lincoln ... 8am to 12pm
- Optional Walking Tour - Abe Lincoln ... 8am to 12pm

Thursday, July 21 -- Afternoon

- Registration Open (PCCC Lobby) ... 1pm to 4pm
- Vendor Sales at PCCC - Lower Level ... 1pm to 5pm
- DCS DMC Museum Open - Lower Level ... 1pm to 5pm
- Optional Vendor Demos - Lower Level ... 1pm to 4pm
- Optional Driving Tour - Route 66 ... 1pm to 5pm
- Optional Driving Tour - Abe Lincoln ... 1pm to 5pm
- Optional Walking Tour - Abe Lincoln ... 1pm to 5pm

Thursday, July 21 -- Evening

- Dinner at PCCC - Lower Level Main Hall ... 6pm to 9pm
- Tentative Documentary Screening and Q&A Session

Friday, July 22 -- Morning

- Vendor Tech Demos - Lower Level ... 8am to 11am
- VIP Guest Speakers - Lower Level ... 9am to 11am
- Optional Vendor Sales - Lower Level ... 8am to 12pm

Friday, July 22 -- Afternoon

- Registration Open (PCCC Lobby) ... 1pm to 4pm
- Vendor Tech Demos - Lower Level ... 1pm to 4pm
- VIP Guest Speakers - Lower Level ... 1pm to 3pm

Friday, July 22 -- Evening

- DCS 2016 Raffle Car Drawing (after recap) ... about 9pm

Saturday, July 23 -- Morning -- Car Show 10am to 4pm

- Vendor Tech Demos - Lower Level ... 8am to 11am
- VIP Guest Speakers - Lower Level ... 9am to 11am
- Optional Vendor Sales - Lower Level ... 8am to 12pm

Saturday, July 23 -- Afternoon -- Car Show 10am to 4pm

- Vendor Tech Demos - Lower Level ... 1pm to 4pm
- VIP Guest Speakers - Lower Level ... 1pm to 3pm

Saturday, July 23 -- Evening

- DCS Car Show Awards Presentation ... about 9pm

Sunday, July 24 -- Morning

- All DeLoreans exit PCCC ... 8am to 11am (12pm checkout)
- Vendor Move Out - PCCC Lower Level ... 8am to 12pm

Bikercmbc
01-29-2016, 01:55 AM
will we doing a concourse judging at the show this year?

Rich W
01-29-2016, 07:16 AM
will we doing a concourse judging at the show this year?

The DCS 2016 Planning Team has contacted the DeLorean Certification Committee a few times,
but no reply yet, to confirm Yes or No. Sorry for the non-answer, but that's what we have now.

DMC8182
02-10-2016, 09:54 PM
The DCS 2016 Planning Team has contacted the DeLorean Certification Committee a few times,
but no reply yet, to confirm Yes or No. Sorry for the non-answer, but that's what we have now.

The DeLorean certification Board has been in discussion with DMC Houston. The decision whether to hold a certification has not been decided at this time.
These events take a lot of effort with obtaining cars ( more and more challenging) and judges since it takes a full day of their time rather than enjoying the car show.
As our cars age, increase in value, and become more collectible the certification process will become more desired as it has for vintage Corvettes with the NCRS.
Those that watch the auctions know a Corvette that is NCRS certified can bring 20% more to collectors as you know what you are getting. Most DeLoreans are still driven and enjoyed regularly and are highly modified.
I have both kinds of DeLoreans (modified and OEM)and thus see both passions.

Cecil Longwisch
2535 (certified stainless)
10663- twin turbo (not certified)

Delorean Industries
02-11-2016, 05:38 PM
Looks like a good amount of vendor/ tech time available compared to the old layout. Who do we speak to regarding space requirements/ availability? Thanks !

Rich W
02-11-2016, 07:08 PM
Looks like a good amount of vendor/ tech time available compared to the old layout. Who do we speak to regarding space requirements/ availability? Thanks !

Vendor Survey info will be going out later this month ... or whenever I get done with my current project at work.

Peripatetic
03-17-2016, 11:50 PM
On Thursday there's a QnA, but it doesn't say who is answering the questions and what documentary it is. Are these things known?

Rich W
03-18-2016, 06:50 AM
On Thursday there's a QnA, but it doesn't say who is answering the questions and what documentary it is. Are these things known?

Updated in a related thread on March 1

- About 9pm - OUTATIME Full Documentary Screening, followed by Q&A Session
- Q&A Session includes Bob Gale and Time Machine Restoration Team members

Schedule will remain fluid until individual events are confirmed.
This event was put on schedule in January and confirmed in late February.

Peripatetic
03-23-2016, 12:00 AM

This event was put on schedule in January and confirmed in late February.Cool, I reserved a room. I'm planning on driving my car to the show, I figure that--might as well.

Rich W
04-04-2016, 06:00 PM
As usual, when you park 3 to 5 DeLoreans out in front of a hotel, you get an "Instant Car Show".

http://www.wandtv.com/story/31616008/delorean-world-tour-stop-in-springfield

http://newschannel20.com/news/local/delorean-convention-preview-in-springfield

On a convention related note ...

We have a very cool event that we are finalizing for Friday evening (after dinner).

Watch for more details.

MTDMC
04-07-2016, 07:43 PM
When is registration going to open?

Delorean3610
04-21-2016, 07:25 PM
I'm leaving from Pittsburgh, anyone want to join up and drive there in a group?

FPBBrandon
04-26-2016, 01:33 PM
Coming from CO with several cars, would be interested in joining folks along the way

Rich W
05-05-2016, 11:22 AM
DCS 2016 - Spotlighting Endurance DeLoreans - Past and Present

As part of the 35th Anniversary of the DeLorean, DCS will be spotlighting all Endurance Deloreans,
Past and Present, as one of the main themes for this year's DeLorean Convention and Show.

Ronnie Arnold, one of the drivers of the 50K Miles DeLorean Endurance Testing back in early 1981,
will be one of our VIP Guest Speakers and attendees will get to hear the stories behind this project.
Without the tireless work of Ronnie and the rest of the endurance testing team, the production cars
would not have been able to be legally sold here in the US by the middle of 1981. Thanks Ronnie.

Oliver and Terry Holler have recently surpassed 650K Miles in their DeLorean (in less than 2 decades)
and have driven their DeLorean in all 50 US States and several other countries around the globe.
Oliver and Terry have some great stories about their DeLorean adventures and if you have not already
seen photos on their website, they will show off some DeLorean parts that most of us never wear out.

Klaus Steiner and the DeLorean World Tour (tentative). Klaus says if he finishes the World Tour and
EuroFest, then makes it home to find out if he is still married (lol), he will then rest up for a bit and try
to make it out to DCS 2016. As of late April, the 3 DeLorean World Tour cars have clocked 24K miles
in about 8 months, all over the world. We met with Klaus in March and he has some great tour stories.

We have been told there are several other DeLoreans out there with 1/4 million to 3/4 million miles on
them and we would love to have these owners attend DCS and we would be honored to display their cars.
If you are (or were) the owner of one of these Endurance DeLoreans, we want to hear your stories and
see your DeLoreans, and when possible, spotlight what you have done to keep your DeLoreans running.

Citizen
05-05-2016, 09:33 PM

As part of the 35th Anniversary of the DeLorean, DCS will be spotlighting all Endurance Deloreans,
Past and Present, as one of the main themes for this year's DeLorean Convention and Show.

[Snip]

We have been told there are several other DeLoreans out there with 1/4 million to 3/4 million miles on
them and we would love to have these owners attend DCS and we would be honored to display their cars.
If you are (or were) the owner of one of these Endurance DeLoreans, we want to hear your stories and
see your DeLoreans, and when possible, spotlight what you have done to keep your DeLoreans running.

This is great to hear. I’m very interested in knowing about the high-mileage cars. I wish I knew the VINs of all of these cars Rich mentions, especially the 650K mile one. If any of the owners of these cars care to reveal their VINs, I’d like to know about them. High mileage is sort of a badge of honor, in my opinion.

Yes, I am the guy trying to keep up with DeLorean Statistics (http://www.citizenkidd.com/dmc/pages/vinview_TOTALS.asp). Currently, I am only showing 18 cars with over 100K miles, and I know that number is low. Here (http://www.citizenkidd.com/dmc/pages/vinview_totals_spec.asp?vinstart=13) is the list. I would hope to find more of these at DCS 2016, since the theme is now “Endurance Deloreans”.

Thomas

yianni
05-05-2016, 10:02 PM
I will be leaving from Charleston WV. to the car show, I can meet with anyone here (if traveling from the south) or we can meet along the way. Just let me know. Yianni

Rich W
05-12-2016, 11:05 AM
The time for DCS 2016 is fast approaching.

Reminder: less than 3 weeks left to DCS Event Register at the Discounted Rate.
Event Registration will return to the Regular Pricing as of Wednesday, June 1st.

Use this direct link to Event Register: https://deloreanconvention.com/index-stripe.php

If you have already DCS Event Registered, but you have not Hotel Registered yet,
use the following TinyURL to Hotel Register for DCS 2016 at a discounted rate:

http://tinyurl.com/DCS2016-Hotel-Register

The Discounted Hotel Registration ends July 5th, so make sure you register by July 4th.

If you have not purchased raffle tickets yet for the 2016 DeLorean Raffle Car, use the
following link to purchase raffle tickets now:

www.DeLoreanRaffle.com

StanMan PushN 88
05-21-2016, 06:07 PM

Ronnie Arnold, one of the drivers of the 50K Miles DeLorean Endurance Testing back in early 1981,
will be one of our VIP Guest Speakers and attendees will get to hear the stories behind this project.
Without the tireless work of Ronnie and the rest of the endurance testing team, the production cars
would not have been able to be legally sold here in the US by the middle of 1981. Thanks Ronnie.

Oliver and Terry Holler have recently surpassed 650K Miles in their DeLorean (in less than 2 decades)
and have driven their DeLorean in all 50 US States and several other countries around the globe.
Oliver and Terry have some great stories about their DeLorean adventures and if you have not already
seen photos on their website, they will show off some DeLorean parts that most of us never wear out.

Klaus Steiner and the DeLorean World Tour (tentative). Klaus says if he finishes the World Tour and
EuroFest, then makes it home to find out if he is still married (lol), he will then rest up for a bit and try
to make it out to DCS 2016. As of late April, the 3 DeLorean World Tour cars have clocked 24K miles
in about 8 months, all over the world. We met with Klaus in March and he has some great tour stories.

This is a great idea and will help everyone keep their cars running well for the next 500,000 or so miles!!! Do you which night/dinner the Oliver Holler & Terry Holler presentation would be? Never met them, but really want to!

-- Thanks,

StanMan PushN 88
Owner #20034
(one of the last 100 cars built I was told) (?)

steve6864
05-24-2016, 05:59 PM
I would like to be a vendor again this year. Dayton being my first time. What is the procedure? Also,not only are there a lot of Abraham Lincoln ties to the area,but,Frank Lloyd Wright was active throughout the area with both a private residence and also a Library in Springfield city limits to his credit. 6864.

Rich W
05-24-2016, 07:05 PM
I would like to be a vendor again this year. Dayton being my first time. What is the procedure?

LAST CALL for all Major Vendors to confirm their need for Vendor Room space at DCS 2016. Please PM me with your intentions before Memorial Day.

The DCS Planning Team attempted to contact all Major Vendors via email during April and May, and not all Major Vendors have confirmed yet.

Re-allocation of Vendor Rooms will begin after Memorial Day. Allocation of small vendor space (one or more tables) also begins after Memorial Day.

If you have contacted the DCS Planning Team or are asking about vendor space, please be patient ... we should be getting back to you very soon.

Rich W
05-27-2016, 04:30 PM
LAST CALL for all Major Vendors to confirm their need for Vendor Room space at DCS 2016. Please PM me with your intentions before Memorial Day.

The DCS Planning Team attempted to contact all Major Vendors via email during April and May, and not all Major Vendors have confirmed yet.

Re-allocation of Vendor Rooms will begin after Memorial Day. Allocation of small vendor space (one or more tables) also begins after Memorial Day.

If you have contacted the DCS Planning Team or are asking about vendor space, please be patient ... we should be getting back to you very soon.

Whoops ... forgot a few vendors are at EuroFest 2016 this week, which is probably why most of the unanswered calls went right to voicemail.

The DCS Planning Team will delay room re-allocation at least through next weekend (June 4th), but please reply ASAP with your space requirements.

Thanks,

DCS 2016 Planning Team

Rich W
05-27-2016, 04:55 PM

This event was put on schedule in January and confirmed in late February.

Since this OUTATIME availability announcement was made elsewhere, earlier today, via another source, I thought I would post the link here, for reference:

http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/show/virgil-films-entertainment/Disc_Announcements/outatime-saving-the-delorean-time-machine-dated-for-bluray/32296

Rich_NYS
05-31-2016, 09:46 AM
Anybody have advice on flights?

Rich W
05-31-2016, 10:30 AM
Anybody have advice on flights?

The DCS Planning Team has been recommending that most folks fly into St. Louis, if there are direct flights available from your "starting" location.

If the easier or less expensive option is flying into ORD (O'Hare) or MDW (Midway) in Chicago, you can take the "L" train, taxi or Uber to downtown
Chicago (Union Station) and then take the Amtrak train from Union Station to Springfield, IL ($21). Many international guests are going this route.

There is a small airport in Springfield, IL and you can take small commuter flights from either Chicago or St. Louis, but some of these flights do get
cancelled due to bad weather, etc. Chicago is about 3 hours from Springfield, while it is only about an hour drive to and from the St. Louis airport.

I have not checked into other train options from St. Louis to Springfield, IL at this time.

Rich_NYS
05-31-2016, 10:36 AM
The DCS Planning Team has been recommending that most folks fly into St. Louis, if there are direct flights available from your "starting" location.

If the easier or less expensive option is flying into ORD (O'Hare) or MDW (Midway) in Chicago, you can take the "L" train, taxi or Uber to downtown
Chicago (Union Station) and then take the Amtrak train from Union Station to Springfield, IL ($21). Many international guests are going this route.

There is a small airport in Springfield, IL and you can take small commuter flights from either Chicago or St. Louis, but some of these flights do get
cancelled due to bad weather, etc. Chicago is about 3 hours from Springfield, while it is only about an hour drive to and from the St. Louis airport.

I have not checked into other train options from St. Louis to Springfield, IL at this time.

Excellent info...thanks!

Rich W
05-31-2016, 03:00 PM
The DCS 2016 Planning Team is very happy to announce another BTTF VIP Guest - Michael Scheffe

Legendary Designer of KITT, and other TV and Movie vehicles, Michael Scheffe was the Construction Coordinator
for Back to the Future, as well as creator of the Flying Taxi in Back to the Future II. His other well known
BTTF creations include the giant speaker in Doc Brown's Lab, the Brain-Wave Analyzer and the table-top model
of downtown Hill Valley (please excuse the crudity of the model ... Michael did not have time to paint it).

Below is a list of a few of Michael's TV and Movie accomplishments you may be familiar with:

Construction Coordinator - Back to the Future (1985)

Consultant: Future - Back to the Future II (1989)

Construction Coordinator - Knight Rider (TV) (1982-1986)

Technical Consultant - Automan (TV Series) (1983-1984)

Special Photographic Effects - Salvage 1 (TV) (1979)

Visual Effects Art Director - Starship Troopers (1997)

Conceptual Artist - Spiderman (2002)

Concept Designer - Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle (2003)

If you would like to meet Michael Scheffe and hear all about his connection to the Back to the Future movies,
make sure to purchase your DCS 2016 Event Registration by July 5th (or before Registration is fully booked).

We hope to have additional BTTF Cast and Crew members confirm their schedules with the DCS 2016 Planning
Team either while they at the Wizard World - Philadelphia - Comic Con this weekend (or shortly afterward).

gulwng3
05-31-2016, 04:39 PM
Just my 2 cents, but I would fly into Bloomington, IL (BMI), which has several flights to/from Chicago O'Hare and Atlanta daily. Bloomington is only 1 hour from Springfield. No long TSA lines also!

Andy

Rich W
05-31-2016, 05:07 PM
Just my 2 cents, but I would fly into Bloomington, IL (BMI), which has several flights to/from Chicago O'Hare and Atlanta daily. Bloomington is only 1 hour from Springfield. No long TSA lines also!

Andy

Thanks for the tip Andy.

Michael Scheffe needs to fly to Atlanta after DCS, so he can look at Bloomington as an option for his Atlanta flight.

bttws
05-31-2016, 10:17 PM
It hasn't been mentioned yet, Is the A car going to be on display at the show?

Mark D
05-31-2016, 10:38 PM
It hasn't been mentioned yet, Is the A car going to be on display at the show?

The A car is now on permanent loan to the Petersen museum in Los Angeles, so I doubt it will be going anywhere for a long time.

Mark D
05-31-2016, 10:41 PM
The DCS 2016 Planning Team is very happy to announce another BTTF VIP Guest - Michael Scheffe

Awesome to hear that Michael Scheffe will be attending. Do you have confirmation yet which day he will be speaking? Will he be part of the Outatime Documentary Q&A panel since he appears in it?

DMC8182
05-31-2016, 10:44 PM

It is 100 miles from the STL airport to Springfield so I would allow 2 hours for the travel considering potential traffic delays.

Rich W
06-01-2016, 09:15 AM
Awesome to hear that Michael Scheffe will be attending. Do you have confirmation yet which day he will be speaking?
Will he be part of the Outatime Documentary Q&A panel since he appears in it?

As mentioned in previous posts, the format of the VIP Speakers will be different at DCS 2016. VIP Speakers will be making their presentations
in the Break-Out Rooms on both Thursday and Friday afternoons, followed by short Q&A sessions. In the case of Michael Scheffe, Michael will
also be answering questions as part of the OUTATIME cast panel (after the screening on Thursday evening) and Michael will also be making
himself available for questions in the BTTF VIP area of Stephen Clark's Back to the Future Room, at least an hour each day (THU/FRI/SAT).

Sorry, presentation times will not be set until all of the "Anticipated VIPs" have confirmed (and we have the complete VIP list). We anticipate a
few more BTTF VIP confirmations either at or shortly after the Philly Comic Con this weekend. Stephen Clark will be at the Philly Comic Con.
The DCS Planning Team is attempting to strike a balance between having some DCS BTTF VIP favorites and having some "new" BTTF VIP Guests
for DCS 2016, so we will see how it plays out. We would like to thank Bob Gale for his assistance as well, helping contact BTTF Cast and Crew.

For those of you who monitor FaceBook, there were a couple of FB posts last night on the DCS FaceBook page about some VIP Guests that have
been invited by the DCS DMC Museum. Again, the DCS Planning Team is attempting to strike a balance between having a few DeLorean VIP
favorites attend and having some "new" VIP Guests attend, to talk about their experiences with DeLorean (the man, the company and the car).
We are waiting for our Keynote Speaker to confirm his travel plans, so we hope to announce him soon. His presentation will be Friday evening.

For those of you interested in the early history of the DeLorean project, you will not want to miss the DCS 2016 Keynote Speaker on Friday night.
As you all know, it takes funds to get all of our invited VIP Guests to DCS, and you can help DCS by purchasing 2016 DeLorean Raffle Car tickets.

www.DeLoreanRaffle.com

More names and details regarding the VIP Guests will be announced as the invited guests confirm their attendance and book their travel plans.

Mark D
06-01-2016, 11:30 AM
Thanks for the detailed response Rich, I appreciate all the work you're putting into making this happen :rock_on:

Rich W
06-01-2016, 02:30 PM
DCS 2016 - Tentative Preliminary Events Time-Line

As of June 1, the Keynote Speaker presentation is being added
to the Friday evening schedule (after dinner) from 8pm to 9pm.

- Dinner at PCCC - Lower Level Main Hall ... 6pm to 8pm
- DCS 2016 Keynote Speaker Presentation ... 8pm to 9pm

Keynote Speaker will be announced after his travel plans are confirmed.
(possibly as early as tomorrow morning)

Rich W
06-02-2016, 02:30 PM
While we are waiting for the Keynote Speaker to confirm his trip details, other DCS VIP Guest Bio's have been emailed to us this week.

Excerpts from George Levy's Bio below: (George Levy, auto journalist who attended the DeLorean Junket for the DeLorean's Initial Release)

George Damon Levy has loved automobiles and motorsports from an early age. After college, he joined Autoweek, where he traveled the world
meeting with global automotive leaders and raced in his spare time. He was named Editor of Autoweek at the age of 27. Later, George joined
Doner Advertising, where he headed up the agency’s Pennzoil, Quaker State, Mazda Motorsports and AutoZone efforts.

In his spare time, George is a motorsports journalist and historian. His first book, Can-Am 50th Anniversary, featuring original interviews with
more than 75 of the sport’s greatest names including Mario Andretti, Roger Penske, Sir Jackie Stewart, and Jim Hall, will be published this summer.
George also serves on the Board of Directors of the Motorsports Hall of Fame of America and does volunteer work for the internationally renowned
Cranbrook Academy of Art.

An avid mountain biker, he works mostly to support his two children, his 1967 Alfa Romeo Duetto, a 1973 Mickey Thompson 454 Chevy Baja 1000
vintage racing truck and a 1989 1LE Camaro showroom stock racecar.

Rich W
06-03-2016, 02:55 PM
The DCS DMC Museum has just acquired a large collection of 38 to 40 year old slides from the very early days of DMC.

Most of these slides have been in storage for over 35 years, so all of them will need to be cleaned before digital scanning.

This will be a very long process, since the slides will be cleaned and preserved (for the future) and then they will be scanned,
so not all of the slides will be ready for display for DCS 2016. However, this is the first time they will be displayed to the public.

We plan to have the first batch displayed in the DCS DMC Museum and some displayed as background images during the dinners.

Rich W
06-07-2016, 11:30 AM
Although not all of the travel arrangements have been completed (National Holidays in Italy late last week)
our Keynote Speaker for Friday, July 22 has already been announced this weekend on the DCS FB page.

The DCS Planning Team is very happy to announce ...

DCS 2016 Keynote Speaker -- Dr. Giancarlo Perini

Giancarlo Perini has had nearly 50 years experience in the automotive industry. Although his
resume is quite extensive, we have highlighted only a few of his DeLorean-related credentials.

A few of his DeLorean-related credentials are listed below:

Director Marketing and Communication -- Italdesign Giugiaro 1970 - 1974

Giancarlo joined the company shortly after it was established and worked shoulder to shoulder
with Maestro Giugiaro. Acted as public relation executive, business promoter, project manager
(Lotus Esprit), strategic support (show cars and promotion of new projects), inspired concept
for The New York Taxi project (and successfully created from white page) and managed the
Industrial Design division, which today is Giugiaro Design. Managed exhibits at several
different motor shows during his tenure. Created and edited press releases, as needed.

Design Consultant -- DeLorean Motor Company 1974 - 1980

Consultant to John Z. DeLorean on design options. Helped select designer for DeLorean DMC-12
and supporting research on other projects, including the selection of the factory location.
Worked on the factory site studies for Puerto Rico (for micro-SUV) and Ireland for the DMC-12.
Study for the acquisition of Automobili Lamborghini (under Chapter 11 status) in late 1970's.

Note: Giancarlo is fluent in English and Italian (reading, writing and speaking), so he was often
the primary liaison between JZD and Giugiaro during the early years of the DeLorean project.

Giancarlo has quite a few stories to share with DCS 2016 attendees, so make sure you register
for the Friday Evening Dinner, for your one-time opportunity to hear Giancarlo Perini's stories.

As of June 1, the Keynote Speaker presentation is being added
to the Friday evening schedule (after dinner) from 8pm to 9pm.

- Dinner at PCCC - Lower Level Main Hall ... 6pm to 8pm
- DCS 2016 Keynote Speaker Presentation ... 8pm to 9pm

Keynote Speaker will be announced after his travel plans are confirmed.
(possibly as early as tomorrow morning)

Rich W
06-07-2016, 02:01 PM
The DCS DMC Museum has just acquired a large collection of 38 to 40 year old slides from the very early days of DMC.

Most of these slides have been in storage for over 35 years, so all of them will need to be cleaned before digital scanning.

This will be a very long process, since the slides will be cleaned and preserved (for the future) and then they will be scanned,
so not all of the slides will be ready for display for DCS 2016. However, this is the first time they will be displayed to the public.

We plan to have the first batch displayed in the DCS DMC Museum and some displayed as background images during the dinners.

Attached below are some cropped images of a few of the dusty slides before we began the slide cleaning process.

See the complete (and clean) images at DCS 2016.

Mark D
06-07-2016, 02:32 PM
Thanks for sharing the slides Rich, it's pretty amazing that nobody has seen these in 3 decades.

Rich W
06-11-2016, 08:41 AM
Just a little weather reminder,
why DCS 2016 will be indoors,
with the air conditioning on.

Springfield IL this weekend:

Yesterday 98 degrees
Today 97 degrees
Sunday 95 degrees
Monday 98 degrees

DMC5180
06-11-2016, 09:01 AM
And a sweltering HUMIDITY Index !!!!

Dennis

Rich W
06-14-2016, 04:45 PM
Another Special Presentation has been Confirmed for DCS 2016 (and some say it is way overdue).

A Tale of Two Legends - Restorations of VIN...502 and VIN...530 - Presented By: Rob Grady and Chris Nicholson

While the infamous Legend Twin Turbo VIN...502 is much more well known, its lesser known sibling, VIN...530,
has been making some waves in the DeLorean community since EuroFest 2016, and it's never looked better.

VIN...502 started making some public appearances in the late 1990's and was eventually sold to Rob Grady in
the Winter of 2001. Rob Grady and Chris Nicholson began its restoration process in 2002. With the majority
of the restoration completed in a couple years (in spare time), Rob brought VIN...502 to display at DCS 2004,
much to the delight of DeLorean owners who had only seen photos of this vehicle (mostly photos in books).
A few years later, VIN...502 was sold, a few times, and it now resides with its latest owner in New Zealand.

VIN...530 had a much harder life, being used as a test mule for several turbo engine setups by Legend Industries,
and eventually being sold at auction as a "roller" DeLorean, without any drivetrain installed. Fortunately, the
person who purchased VIN...530 (and a few other Legend Industries auction lots) was none other than Rob Grady.
It was not until Rob purchased VIN...502 and both he and Chris Nicholson began its restoration, did Rob and
Chris realize exactly what Rob had purchased (both the car and parts lots) from the Legend auction, years before.

Although the restoration of VIN...502 went rather quickly, the restoration of VIN...530 took a back seat for well
over another decade. While the early work was done at PJ Grady in NY, final work was completed at PJ Grady UK,
just in time for the 35th Anniversary of the production DeLorean, celebrated at EuroFest 2016 in May of 2016.
VIN...530 was not only restored, but it made the journey back to Belfast, being driven there, not being trailered.
Rob Grady and Chris Nicholson will host the presentation: "A Tale of Two Legends" at DCS 2016. Don't miss it.

Rich W
06-14-2016, 05:55 PM
A couple of recent photos of VIN...530 at EuroFest 2016

MML
06-14-2016, 07:16 PM
Some more pics...

http://i.imgur.com/jHwSfTC.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/AmhHwDO.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/YNpeP75.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/f2fMzbh.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/BJ8qEce.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/VRhQriZ.jpg

Iznodmad
06-14-2016, 11:18 PM
Cool topic. When will this take place? At one of the dinners? Or a break out session?

Rich W
06-15-2016, 06:44 AM
Cool topic. When will this take place? At one of the dinners? Or a break out session?

This will be a Break-out Room Session.

Still trying to plan it for when Rob is not selling parts
and when Chris is not doing SS repair/refinishing demos.

Rich W
06-15-2016, 10:55 AM
The DCS Planning Team is very pleased to announce another exciting VIP Guest Speaker for DCS 2016:

Stephen Arrington, the author of "In DeLorean's Shadow", is the sole surviving defendant from the DeLorean trial
and Stephen will be talking about his book and how his life was impacted by his involvement in the DeLorean trial.

The Press Release for Stephen's book follows:

This is a true-crime memoir about America’s greatest drug conspiracy. It involved the White House, the FBI, DEA,
CIA, IRS, DOJ, Interpol, #10 Downing Street, Pablo Escobar, Rafa; Escobar’s #1 hit man, and Max Mermelstein;
the #1 cocaine importer in the United States.

I have the original FBI Investigative Reports, the transcripts of their secret tapes, and know the things the jury
never heard because I am the last surviving defendant in that trial.

Follow Stephen Lee Arrington, Navy Vietnam vet, and bomb disposal frogman as he falls from the ranks of heroes
because of Marijuana. A trusted father figure manipulates him into the Medellin Drug Cartel. Under the threat of death,
he flies a plane from Colombia loaded with 650 lbs. of cocaine. In Los Angeles, he is arrested with John Z. DeLorean.

This is a whirlwind of adventure and criminal intrigue with smugglers, hit men, and violent inmates as an ex-naval hero
tries to rediscover himself. In prison, he becomes chief engineer of an inmate fire crew and leads the emergency response
to save the crew of the first B-1 bomber to crash. It went down six miles from Boron Prison Camp.

This is a book about hope as a childhood dream morphs into an ex-felon’s reality when two years out of prison, he becomes
chief diver and expedition leader for Captain Jacques Yves Cousteau. For over half of a decade, he goes on an underwater
odyssey of incredible adventures diving with whales, dolphins, and great white sharks.

More details about Stephen Arrington and his book can be found at the following links:

http://www.drugsbite.com

www.dreammachinefoundation.com

dodint
06-15-2016, 04:45 PM
Nice. I'll try and read Stephen's book before the show.

Rich W
06-16-2016, 02:32 PM
Nice. I'll try and read Stephen's book before the show.

On a related note, Stephen will be bringing some copies of his book to sell (and autograph),
but you are welcome to bring your own copy (available on Amazon) to have it autographed.

Rich W
06-16-2016, 05:15 PM

Klaus has confirmed he will be attending DCS 2016 to tell us all about driving a DeLorean around the world.

Klaus has some stories and some photos of DeLoreans visiting some countries for the very first time ... ever.

Start putting your list of questions together now, to ask Klaus when you get to DCS 2016.

Find out the answers to the questions below and more ...

What was the DWT Team's favorite country to drive their DeLoreans?

What country had the worst roads? The worst drivers?

Which country had the best background for DeLorean photos?

Where did you have the most fun driving your DeLoreans?

Where were the best public reactions to your DeLoreans?

Rich W
06-21-2016, 05:35 PM
2016 DeLorean Raffle Car gets a Stage I Exhaust Upgrade

With DCS 2016 a month away, it seemed like the best time to announce the biggest Raffle Car Upgrade
for any DCS Raffle Car, past or present. The DCS 2016 DeLorean Raffle Car now has a Stage I Exhaust.

For those who have been to DMC MW, you may recognize the showroom floor in the Stage I exhaust photo.
The Stage I exhaust is being installed now and we hope to be doing some road testing by the weekend.

More photos when the Stage I install has been completed.

There are several other upgrades we have planned (while we are in there) including a new Eagle 3.0L
style starter, which will allow the new owner to change the starter without having to loosen or remove
the header during the process. We may install a new alternator too, while the old one is already off.

Another upgrade will be a new passenger side window motor (while we are in there). The drop-window
on the passenger side unglued from the carrier (early car problem, since most had one-sided carriers),
and while we were fixing the carrier issue, we replaced the window motor/regulator with a new one.

So, if you have not purchased a Raffle Car Ticket yet, it's time for you to buy one or more tickets.
If you already bought ticket(s), it's time to buy one or more, to help improve your chances to win.

www.DeLoreanRaffle.com

We hope to see many of you in a month at DCS in Springfield, IL. Raffle drawing is Friday, July 22.

Thanks,

DCS 2016 Planning Team

Rich W
06-23-2016, 04:45 PM
Attention all DeLorean Clubs !!

If you would like to showcase your DeLorean Club at DCS 2016, we will have tables setup in the hallway area adjacent to the Vendor Area
and the Main Hall where the Evening Dinners and Presentations will take place. It's a great place to "show off" your local DeLorean club.

Feel free to bring poster boards filled with photos of your local events and some of your club member's DeLoreans who cannot attend DCS.
We will have tables and easels setup for you to display your posters, and feel free to bring flyers or membership forms to join your clubs.

This will be an open hallway area, open to the public, so its not the best place to setup automated digital photo displays, but if you want to
setup a Power Point display or just bring a number of digital photos of your DMC Club cars to display, load up the USB stick and bring them.

We plan to show plenty of photos as a backdrop during evening dinners, so make sure to get us your photos early, so we can include them.

Rich W
06-27-2016, 03:40 PM
The guys at DMC MW have been patiently waiting for me to get them a few additional replacement parts
for the Raffle Car, that were needed due to the Stage I upgrade, such as substituting an early car part
105996 with the later 108678 (due to interference with the Stage I exhaust path), but I stopped at the
shop this afternoon and the Raffle Car exhaust upgrade can now be completed and prepped for pick up.

I took a couple of quick photos of VIN...965 with the Stage I installed and it's looking very, very good.
I plan to make some time over the upcoming holiday weekend to give the car another shake-down test.

VIN...965 will now sound as good as it looks and the new owner of this DeLorean will have a great car.

This DeLorean could be yours!! www.DeLoreanRaffle.com

bttws
06-27-2016, 05:49 PM
Question: I am going to need access to a power outlet for my car , is there access to this on the floor or via an extension cord?

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk

Rich W
06-27-2016, 06:05 PM
Question: I am going to need access to a power outlet for my car , is there access to this on the floor or via an extension cord?

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk

We are planning to park as many of the Time Machine Replicas around the perimeter of the Main Floor, since there is easier access to AC power, close to the cars.

The DCS Planning Team will be sending out emails soon (this weekend?) to all the registered DeLoreans for DCS 2016, asking more details about your DeLoreans.

As we do our advance planning for judging categories, we need to know how many Time Machine Replicas, how many painted cars, how many engine swaps, etc.
and we will be asking for any special display needs, such as AC power, etc. Make sure to be as complete as possible and reply to these DCS Team emails ASAP.

Another Side Note: We will have an on-site car wash / car rinse location right next to the PCCC and right before you line up in the staging area to enter the PCCC.

More details to follow.

Rich W
06-29-2016, 12:35 PM
Update related to DCS 2016 and the DCS Driving Tours - the Illinois State Museum in Springfield had been closed for the past 9 months due to the ongoing Illinois Budget Crisis.

SPRINGFIELD, IL – The Illinois State Museum in Springfield will reopen to the public on July 2 after the Illinois General Assembly’s Joint Committee on Administrative Rules (JCAR)
approved a request by the Illinois Department of Natural Resources (IDNR) to charge an admission fee. The museum will once again welcome visitors from across the state to learn
about the history, people, land, art and culture of Illinois.

“We are excited to welcome the public back to the Illinois State Museum,” said IDNR Director Wayne Rosenthal.
“The Illinois State Museum is the best place in Illinois for families from around the state and around the world to explore the rich history of our state.”

This week, JCAR approved a rule authorizing the IDNR to establish an adult admission fee of $5.00 for the museum’s main campus in Springfield. Children age 18 and under,
seniors and veterans will be admitted free. The admission fee is part of a greater effort to diversify the sources of funding for the museum.

Special activities are planned and unique artifacts from the museum’s collections will be on display at the museum, located in the State Capitol Complex in Springfield.
Additional special events will be held at the museum on select weekends during the summer.

Rich_NYS
06-29-2016, 03:15 PM
We should have those dorky stick-on name tags for our Talk/Today usernames, I was at DCS '14 trying to figure out "who's who.

I didn't remember to prepend mine onto my name when I registered. NightFlyer Josh did that for DCS '14....seemed to work well.

DavidProehl
06-29-2016, 03:30 PM
We should have those dorky stick-on name tags for our Talk/Today usernames, I was at DCS '14 trying to figure out "who's who.

I didn't remember to prepend mine onto my name when I registered. NightFlyer Josh did that for DCS '14....seemed to work well.

That is a great idea, maybe include your avatar as well.

davidc89
06-29-2016, 09:40 PM
Now I wish I would have come up with a more clever screen name :(.

Josh
06-29-2016, 10:46 PM
im sorry if it has already been asked... but is there a "list" to be on to have chris work his magic on a panel?

Rich W
06-30-2016, 08:32 AM
im sorry if it has already been asked... but is there a "list" to be on to have chris work his magic on a panel?

Josh and others,

Chris Nicholson will be working his magic at DCS 2016 with "daily demos" of stainless steel repairs and refinishing.
We may not actually pre-schedule too far in advance, so it may be more of a "first come, first served" type of deal.

Chris plans to be at DMC MW a few days before DCS, so some folks may be able to schedule some time at DMC MW
before they make their way to DCS 2016. Feel free to PM me for more details, as we get closer to the DCS dates.

Thanks,
Rich W.

Rich W
06-30-2016, 02:30 PM
DCS Event Registration has 5 days of Regular Registration left, before a Late Fee will be applied.

DCS Event Registration is available from the main website: https://www.deloreanconvention.com

Use this direct link to DCS Event Register: https://deloreanconvention.com/index-stripe.php

Discounted Room Registration also has 5 days left, so make sure to register at the PAL Hotel soon.

Quick Link to DCS 2016 Hotel Registration

We are keeping DCS pricing low in hope that attendees will help DCS by buying one or more Raffle Car
tickets, which funds DCS 2016, and to increase your chances of winning the 2016 DeLorean Raffle Car.

www.deloreanraffle.com

Remember, the more Raffle Car Tickets you buy, the better your chances are to Win This DeLorean !!

Jeremy Popp
07-05-2016, 11:15 AM
Quick Link to DCS 2016 Hotel Registration

Can you tell me how the parking situation is? Can we pull straight into the convention area on Thursday and leave it there the whole time? Or do we have to park in the parking garage thurs/fri? Do we pay the daily rate for parking fees?

Thanks for any help, I just want to pull into the right place, and since it's in a downtown environment, it will probably be easy to get turned around.

Rich W
07-05-2016, 12:30 PM
Can you tell me how the parking situation is?
Can we pull straight into the convention area on Thursday and leave it there the whole time?
Or do we have to park in the parking garage thurs/fri? Do we pay the daily rate for parking fees?

Thanks for any help, I just want to pull into the right place, and since it's in a downtown environment, it will probably be easy to get turned around.

Although a few DeLorean parking questions and answers have been mentioned in a few places before, its probably best to recap most of them, here and now.

You may park your DeLoreans in the designated staging area next to the PCCC when you arrive at DCS 2016. You need to pick up your Event Registration in
the PCCC Lobby before you can enter the PCCC with your DeLorean. You can check in to the PAL Hotel before or after you park your DeLorean in the PCCC.

There are No Parking Fees for DCS Event Registered DeLoreans, as long as they are parked in the PCCC. Access is at the top of each hour for about 10 min.
Thursday 1pm to 5pm. Friday 8am to 11am and 1pm to 5pm. Saturday 8am to 10am and 4pm to 5pm. Sunday 8am to 11am. All cars must exit by Noon.

All DCS Event Registered DeLoreans have access to indoor parking in the PCCC for the duration of the convention, Thursday PM through Sunday AM, however
depending on how quickly the vendors move in on Thursday morning, we may be able to start parking some DeLoreans in the PCCC later Thursday morning.

Vendors may stage their vehicles and trailers in the Right Lane (blocked by cones) next to the DeLorean Staging area on E. Washington Street which is on the
North side of the PCCC. Vendor setup access to the PCCC is Thursday from 8am to 12pm. All Vendor trucks and trailers must exit the PCCC by Noon Thursday.

Upon entering the PCCC, let us know if you intend to park to display for the duration of DCS or if you intend to drive in and out (for the DCS Driving Tours), so
we can park your DeLorean accordingly. DeLoreans that need to drive in and out will be parked closer to the Exit overhead doors, to allow for easier exit.

There will be a FREE DeLorean Car Wash and Rinse area designated at the Northwest Corner of the PCCC on E. Washington Street and a DeLorean Staging area
all along the North side of the PCCC (for drying off DeLoreans and staging to get into the PCCC). The main DeLorean entrance will be the PCCC Northeast corner.

Truck and trailer parking is available for both Vendors and DCS attendees at a parking lot adjacent to the PCCC property. You must request a "DCS Transport"
sign from the DCS Staff to be placed on your dash Before you park your truck and trailer in this satellite parking lot. DCS pays for this additional parking cost.

All other non-DeLorean vehicles need to park on the street or (if under 7ft tall) in the parking garage adjacent to the PAL Hotel and the PCCC, at owner's cost.
Street metered parking is under a dollar an hour and parking garage is a maximum of $7 per day. Meters need to be fed on weekdays only, not on weekends.

An Area Map around the PCCC and the PAL Hotel will be posted by the weekend before DCS 2016.

More details to be posted in this thread.

Thanks,

DCS 2016 Planning Team

Note: Most of the East/West streets in downtown Springfield, IL are One Way, so make sure to identify this in advance, once the area map is posted.
Example: The street North of the PCCC is E. Washington and it is One Way East. The street South of the PCCC is Adams and it is One Way West.

Jeremy Popp
07-06-2016, 09:18 AM
Although a few DeLorean parking questions and answers have been mentioned in a few places before, its probably best to recap most of them, here and now.

I apologize if I missed some prior posts about parking, but thanks for the full update.

Rich W
07-06-2016, 09:45 AM
I apologize if I missed some prior posts about parking, but thanks for the full update.

No worries Jeremy. There are at least four active threads related to DCS 2016, including the DCS 2016 DeLorean Raffle Car,
and questions have been asked in all of these threads, whether it was the best thread to ask them or the only one at the time.

After your post, I also received a few PM's and a few emails, all related to questions about parking DeLoreans at DCS 2016.

Mark D
07-06-2016, 01:44 PM
Thanks for keeping us updated and putting the info all in one place!

Rich W
07-07-2016, 01:45 PM
DCS 2016 - Tentative Presentation and Appearance Schedule for Thursday, July 21

Room B-8:

10am - 11am Michael Scheffe (The Technical side of BTTF)
1pm - 2pm Terry and Oliver Holler (Mega-Mile Time Machine)
2pm - 3pm Tom Sedor (a non-invasive Time Machine install)

Room B-9:

9am - 11am Steve Arrington (Last Surviving Defendant in DeLorean Trial)
1pm - 3pm Steve Arrington (Last Surviving Defendant in DeLorean Trial)

Room B-10:

10am - 11am Colleen Booth (The Insiders Look at JZD's Corporate Office)

1pm - 2pm Nick Sutton (The Early Years of DeLorean Motor Company)
2pm - 3pm George Levy (Auto writer's view of the DeLorean Launch)
3pm - 4pm Ronnie Arnold (Driving a DeLorean for 24/7 in Ireland)
4pm - 5pm Klaus Steiner (DeLorean World Tour - DeLorean Adventures)

DCS Museum Room B-6:

1pm - 2pm Colleen Booth (JZD's secretary - VIP appearance - Q&A)
2pm - 3pm Nick & Phyllis Sutton (The DeLorean Story - Book Signing)
3pm - 4pm Steve Arrington (Author: In DeLorean's Shadow - Book Signing)
4pm - 5pm Ronnie Arnold (DeLorean Endurance Driver - VIP appearance - Q&A)

Evening Dinner Room B-11:

6:00 - 6:30 Doors Open for Dinner Seating - Cash Bar Open
6:30 - 7:30 Buffet Dinner
7:30 - 8:00 VIP Introductions
8:00 - 8:30 Michael Scheffe (The Technical side of BTTF)
8:30 - 10pm OUTATIME Documentary (intro by Bob Gale & Steve Contcotelli)
10pm - 11pm OUTATIME Q&A (Bob Gale, Michael Scheffe, Steve Contcotelli, Crew)

Rich W
07-07-2016, 02:55 PM
DCS 2016 - Tentative Presentation and Appearance Schedule for Friday, July 22

Room B-8:

10am - 11am Michael Scheffe (The Technical side of BTTF)
1pm - 2pm Tom Sedor (non-invasive Time Machine install)
2pm - 3pm Terry and Oliver Holler (Mega-Mile Time Machine)

Room B-9:

9am - 11am Steve Arrington (Last Surviving Defendant in DeLorean Trial)
1pm - 3pm Steve Arrington (Last Surviving Defendant in DeLorean Trial)

Room B-10:

9am - 10am Rob Grady & Chris Nicholson (A Tale of Two Legends: 502 & 530)

2pm - 3pm Ronnie Arnold (Driving a DeLorean for 24/7 in Ireland)
3pm - 4pm George Levy (Auto Writer's View of the DeLorean Launch)
4pm - 5pm Klaus Steiner (DeLorean World Tour - DeLorean Adventures)

DCS Museum Room B-6:

4pm - 5pm George Levy (former Auto Week Editor - VIP appearance - Q&A)

7:30 - 8:00 Jordan Livingston - JLP Movie Trailer
8:00 - 9:00 Keynote Speaker - Dr. Giancarlo Perini
9:00 - 9:05 2016 DeLorean Raffle Car Drawing
9:05 - 10pm Steve Arrington (Last Surviving Defendant in DeLorean Trial)

Rich W
07-07-2016, 03:20 PM
DCS 2016 - Tentative Presentation and Appearance Schedule for Saturday, July 23

Room B-8:

11am - 12pm Michael Scheffe (The Technical side of BTTF)

12pm - 1pm OUTATIME DVD Sales - Steve Contcotelli (screening 20 min. version)

1pm - 2pm OUTATIME DVD Sales - Steve Contcotelli (screening 20 min. version)
2pm - 3pm OUTATIME DVD Sales - Steve Contcotelli (screening 20 min. version)
3pm - 4pm OUTATIME DVD Sales - Steve Contcotelli (screening 20 min. version)

Room B-9:

11am - 12pm (1hr) Steve Arrington (Last Surviving Defendant in DeLorean Trial)

2pm - 3pm (1hr) Steve Arrington (Last Surviving Defendant in DeLorean Trial)

Room B-10:

9am - 10am Rob Grady & Chris Nicholson (A Tale of Two Legends: 502 & 530)
11am - 12pm Klaus Steiner (DeLorean World Tour - DeLorean Adventures)

2pm - 3pm Ronnie Arnold (Driving a DeLorean for 24/7 in Ireland)
3pm - 4pm George Levy (Auto writer's view of the DeLorean Launch)

DCS Museum Room B-6:

9am - 10am George Levy (former Auto Week Editor - VIP appearance - Q&A)
10am - 11am Ronnie Arnold (DeLorean Endurance Driver - VIP appearance - Q&A)
11am - 12pm Giancarlo Perini (former consultant to JZD - VIP appearance - Q&A)

7:30 - 8:00 Jordan Livingston - JLP Movie Trailer
8:00 - 8:30 VIP Thank You
8:30 - 9:30 Car Show Awards
9:30 - 10pm DCS Staff Thank You

iflights
07-08-2016, 01:01 PM
Anyone know how to add a dinner for Thursday night after you've ready registered and paid for attendance? The agenda just came out and Thursday looks like another good dinner session.

Dithermaster
07-08-2016, 07:25 PM
Not to sound like a luddite, but is any of this going to be on a piece of paper when I get there, or do I need to bring a printout to know when and where everything will be?

Rich W
07-08-2016, 11:16 PM
Anyone know how to add a dinner for Thursday night after you've ready registered and paid for attendance? The agenda just came out and Thursday looks like another good dinner session.

PM sent.

General requests can go through DeLorean Midwest Club email: [email protected]

Rich W
07-08-2016, 11:20 PM
Not to sound like a luddite, but is any of this going to be on a piece of paper when I get there, or do I need to bring a printout to know when and where everything will be?

Luddite or not, paper copies are included in the Registration Packet and extra copies at Registration Table.

Same with the Historical Walking Tour, Historical Driving Tour and Route 66 Driving Tour.

Note: Presentations subject to time changes, when necessary. Changes will be posted.

Dithermaster
07-10-2016, 07:23 PM
Thanks Rich, that will be helpful. I'm looking forward to seeing you again!

cjnangle
07-12-2016, 01:13 AM
Sorry if this post seems very dumb to some of you but I have to ask a stupid question. Is the public allowed in? If so what can they do and where. The site doesn't help very much and the registration seems like you have to be an owner to get in. Once again sorry to bother anyone. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rich W
07-12-2016, 01:40 PM
Sorry if this post seems very dumb to some of you but I have to ask a stupid question. Is the public allowed in? If so what can they do and where. The site doesn't help very much and the registration seems like you have to be an owner to get in. Once again sorry to bother anyone. Thanks!

Posted elsewhere, but good to re-post here.

Only the DeLorean Car Show on Saturday, July 23 (11am-4pm) is open to the General Public.

All other DCS activities require you to be Event Registered for Thursday, Friday or Saturday.

Event Registration allows you to attend the daytime activities Thursday, Friday and Saturday.

Dinner Registration(s) allow you to attend the evening activities (and dinner) for day(s) selected.

FABombjoy
07-12-2016, 02:44 PM
Dinner Registration(s) allow you to attend the evening activities (and dinner) for day(s) selected.
Can the dinners be purchased on the day of, or do they have to be preordered? If so, what is the cutoff date for purchase?

I'm signed up for Friday but might want to add Thursday/Saturday depending on how the days go.

Rich W
07-12-2016, 07:55 PM
Can the dinners be purchased on the day of, or do they have to be preordered? If so, what is the cutoff date for purchase?

I'm signed up for Friday but might want to add Thursday/Saturday depending on how the days go.

As of now, we have not made any provisions for "same day" additions for dinners, since catering service prefers advance notice.

In fact, we planned to Not Have any "same day" registration additions, due to the logistics of the required on-site badge printing.

We know this may not sit well with those who have registered at the very last minute in the past, but we simply do not have the
volunteer workforce base to support these last minute additions. Maybe if there are more registration volunteers in the future.

We have not "locked in" the Final Cutoff Date and Time yet, but it will most likely be sometime around 12am on Monday, July 18.

EngineerGuY
07-13-2016, 09:30 AM
Just bought my raffle ticket to win the Delorean. Fingers crossed :bigclap::nana2:

Rich W
07-13-2016, 11:20 AM
Just bought my raffle ticket to win the Delorean. Fingers crossed :bigclap::nana2:

With about a week left, I thought I would post the most recent Raffle Car Update here. It keeps getting better and better !!

DCS 2016 Raffle Car Update List (for June/July)

- installed DMCH Stage 1 exhaust system with new manifold gaskets

- installed new 120 amp alternator (while old one off for Stage 1 install)

- installed new 3.0L style starter (better fit with the Stage 1 install)

- Installed new passenger side window motor and regulator

- installed used passenger side drop window with later style carrier

- installed replacement cooling pipes, as needed, for Stage 1 install

- installed several new coolant hoses while replacing coolant pipes

- installed new transmission cooling hose (replaced leaking one)

- installed new A/C idler bearing before charging A/C system

- tested and re-charged A/C system (blowing mid 50's temps at vents)

- installed all new axle boots (3 out of 4 had developed small rips)

- installed new steering column bushing (steering is nice an solid)

There are still about 100 tickets left. www.deloreanraffle.com

Rich W
07-14-2016, 07:00 PM
Map of the PCCC and surrounding streets:

- Free Car Wash area for all DeLoreans.
- Staging area for DeLoreans.
- Staging area for Vendors.

MTDMC
07-15-2016, 08:30 PM
For the car washing station, do we need to bring our own car wash supplies?

DMC5180
07-15-2016, 08:44 PM
I would expect that is the case. I think just a couple water hoses and buckets plus maybe a couple vacuums would be available .

Dennis

StanMan PushN 88
07-16-2016, 08:30 AM
Let the countdown to THURSDAY's opening of the DMC Conventio44589n begin...my first one, first year of ownership of a 1983, Vin #20034...supposedly one of the last 100 that they made in Ireland. I bought mine last summer, drove it home 5 hours, then had it in the HOT ROD POWER TOUR 2 days later! Hope to learn a lot from all the sessions, the people and the vendors. Bought some raffle tickets...check!! Great job Rich and everyone, and see you all Thursday in Springfield, Illinois!!!!

StanPushN88

DavidProehl
07-16-2016, 04:51 PM
Spent 60 seconds taking a screen shot of DMCTalk to create an image to print and attach to my DCS name tag so people can hopefully put a face to my posts.

Rich W
07-16-2016, 05:55 PM
Spent 60 seconds taking a screen shot of DMCTalk to create an image to print and attach to my DCS name tag so people can hopefully put a face to my posts.

FYI - Badges are laminated.

Rich W
07-16-2016, 06:00 PM
I would expect that is the case. I think just a couple water hoses and buckets plus maybe a couple vacuums would be available .

Dennis

Unless Dennis is bringing them, no vacuums.

Not a full service car wash.
Just wash or rinse bugs off.

Rich W
07-17-2016, 06:40 PM
Updated weather forecast - 7 day outlook for convention

Thursday, July 21 - 98 degrees
Friday, July 22 - 100 degrees
Saturday, July 23 - 97 degrees

gulwng3
07-17-2016, 07:03 PM
Rich, are these temps outside the PCCC or inside the venue? ;o)

Andy

Rich W
07-17-2016, 08:15 PM

Andy

Actually it will be so hot outside, they will be frying bacon.

http://www.downtownspringfield.org/calendar/eventDetail.aspx?id=7

If you like the heat, stay out of the PCCC ... it's nice and cool.

Rich W
07-17-2016, 08:28 PM

Andy

Hmm. Maybe Andy is having second thoughts about leading the Route 66 Driving Tour Friday,
to the Dick Levi's Car and Motorcycle Museum near the airport? Hangers can get a bit hot.

For those of you interested in this one time tour option on Friday morning, make sure to sign
up on Thursday when you get your Registration Packet or at the Thursday dinner.

As I had anticipated, it was a good idea to leave the Driving Tour times and dates flexible.

gulwng3
07-18-2016, 09:43 AM
Hmm. Maybe Andy is having second thoughts about leading the Route 66 Driving Tour Friday,
to the Dick Levi's Car and Motorcycle Museum near the airport? Hangers can get a bit hot.

I'll suffer through for the good of the DCS - it will only be 89F at 10am on Friday.

Andy

vin6635
07-18-2016, 10:34 AM
Hi Rich-

I'm driving down Sat am. and am having my car judged. What is the time window to pull my car into the facility?

StanMan PushN 88
07-18-2016, 11:47 AM
Bravo again to all the folks working behind the scenes on this show and the speaker/movie/book signings/dinners look very interesting. First time for me as this is my first year of ownership on vin#20034 (one of the last 100 cars made I was told)

2 QUESTIONs:

1) What are the judging categories?
2) For those of us that have to hit the road Saturday night after the last dinner to get back, how do we make sure we can get our car out of the indoor Car Show building when that's over at 4 pm, and park it somewhere "safe" until after dinner?

Thanks everyone!

Stan

Rich W
07-18-2016, 02:36 PM
Hi Rich-

I'm driving down Sat am. and am having my car judged. What is the time window to pull my car into the facility?

All DeLoreans must be in the PCCC by 10am on Saturday at the very latest. Car Show opens to the public at 11am (all cars in place).

Rich W
07-18-2016, 02:41 PM
Bravo again to all the folks working behind the scenes on this show and the speaker/movie/book signings/dinners look very interesting. First time for me as this is my first year of ownership on vin#20034 (one of the last 100 cars made I was told)

2 QUESTIONs:

1) What are the judging categories?
2) For those of us that have to hit the road Saturday night after the last dinner to get back, how do we make sure we can get our car out of the indoor Car Show building when that's over at 4 pm, and park it somewhere "safe" until after dinner?

Thanks everyone!

Stan

For those of you departing on Saturday afternoon, all DeLoreans must be moved out of the PCCC by 5pm at the very latest.

The Car Show ends at 4pm, so as soon as the public has left the building, we will move any cars out until 5pm.
Parking Garage (hourly) parking is available if you plan to stay for dinner on Saturday, and leave after the dinner.

All other DeLoreans that do not exit by 5pm will be "in for the night". All DeLoreans must exit the PCCC by Noon on Sunday.

Judging categories are primarily several mileage classes, best stock, best mild custom, best full custom, best BTTF replica,
and of course, Best of Show.

91 zeee
07-19-2016, 06:36 AM
Hi. This is my first time at the show. I assume shorts and t shirts are ok for the show? What about the dinners? Is there a dress code? (shorts/t shirts still ok? shorts /collar shirts?/long pants? jeans? etc...)

Thanks!

Lenny
07-19-2016, 12:08 PM
Rich,
I already have my tickets thank you. Can I add Friday Dinner? how do I do that?

Iznodmad
07-19-2016, 10:06 PM
I've registered one car for judging, but at the last minute I want to bring a rolling chassis/frame as well. Something nobody has seen before. Is this ok? Anything I need to do or just show up with it and roll it in with my car?

Rich W
07-20-2016, 08:12 AM
Rich,
I already have my tickets thank you. Can I add Friday Dinner? how do I do that?

Friday Dinner added. Invoice sent.

Rich W
07-20-2016, 08:20 AM
I've registered one car for judging, but at the last minute I want to bring a rolling chassis/frame as well. Something nobody has seen before. Is this ok? Anything I need to do or just show up with it and roll it in with my car?

Unless you want the rolling chassis "judged", nothing else is required.
Rolling chassis must be brought in the same times as the cars (hourly).
With the expected near 100 degree temps, we will try to minimize the
time that the doors are open, to keep the AC on the indoors side.

As mentioned before, anyone who is registered can park your DeLorean in the PCCC.

Enter/Exit times are top of each hour, but slightly different each day.

Thursday 1pm - 4pm (maybe earlier, if vendors move-in done early).
Friday 8am - 11am and 1pm - 4pm
Saturday 8am - 10am (car show starts at 11am). 4pm - 5pm exit
Sunday 8am - 12pm (all cars exit PCCC by Noon)

Hotel checkout is also at Noon.

Rich W
07-20-2016, 08:25 AM
Hi. This is my first time at the show. I assume shorts and t shirts are ok for the show? What about the dinners? Is there a dress code? (shorts/t shirts still ok? shorts /collar shirts?/long pants? jeans? etc...)

Thanks!

No specific dress code. Most people will be wearing DeLorean T-Shirts most of the time.

Since we have the entire PCCC to ourselves, there are very few limits on dress code.

The AC was pretty cool the last time I was in the building (with 90 degrees outside),
so I think most people will be pleasantly surprised.

A few may actually have to step outside, to warm up.

DMC5180
07-20-2016, 12:46 PM
For those arriving Wednesday, current weather is Overcast with moderate rain and hi humidity to go with it.

One note about using the parking garage for early arrivals, the ramps between the levels are steep and very tight turns to enter and exit. You may need to turn then backup to reposition due the delorean broad turning radius. hotel parking are the lower 2 levels you turn right immediately upon entry to the parking garage. $7.00 per 24 hrs.

Dennis

Rich W
07-20-2016, 03:20 PM
For those arriving Wednesday, current weather is Overcast with moderate rain and hi humidity to go with it.

One note about using the parking garage for early arrivals, the ramps between the levels are steep and very tight turns to enter and exit. You may need to turn then backup to reposition due the delorean broad turning radius. hotel parking are the lower 2 levels you turn right immediately upon entry to the parking garage. $7.00 per 24 hrs.

Dennis

You are not limited to the first two levels, especially if those levels are full.

I parked the 2016 DeLorean Raffle Car on Level 5. Oliver Holler parked there as well.

No problem with the turns, but I recommend you take your sunglasses off in garage.

On and off rain the last 3 days, but more like daily Florida rain ... short, over, then sunny.

We had a little drizzle while the sun was out at about 1pm.

DMC5180
07-20-2016, 05:25 PM
Current weather is Sunny and Hot. Early birds are starting to trickle in.[emoji3]

Dennis

smcguiga
07-20-2016, 06:33 PM
Coming in soon with the Delorean in tow. I guess the best idea is to take it off the trailer and park it in the garage and there is a place to park trucks with trailers, correct?

Alan
07-20-2016, 06:47 PM

Dennis

We parked next to you.

DMC5180
07-20-2016, 06:52 PM
Pm'd

smcguiga
07-20-2016, 07:43 PM
Coming in soon with the Delorean in tow. I guess the best idea is to take it off the trailer and park it in the garage and there is a place to park trucks with trailers, correct?

Not sure how to go about getting a parking pass for the lot right now so will park truck and trailer there and hope to find someone later or tomorrow to get the pass for the lot.

StanMan PushN 88
07-20-2016, 08:22 PM
One last question---
- Can we take pictures/video clips to document various sessions for history/future?
- Will there be chairs provided for everyone to sit next to their own cars at the car show from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, or are we expected to bring our own in the DeLorean trunk?

Thanks and see you in about 12 hours...

StanPushN88

FABombjoy
07-20-2016, 09:10 PM
I parked the 2016 DeLorean Raffle Car on Level 5. Oliver Holler parked there as well.
And now there's four of us parked there. It's like our own little pre-show!

Rich W
07-21-2016, 01:23 AM
Not sure how to go about getting a parking pass for the lot right now so will park truck and trailer there and hope to find someone later or tomorrow to get the pass for the lot.

Resolved off-line earlier this evening. Thanks.

Rich W
07-21-2016, 01:27 AM
One last question---
- Can we take pictures/video clips to document various sessions for history/future?
- Will there be chairs provided for everyone to sit next to their own cars at the car show from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, or are we expected to bring our own in the DeLorean trunk?

StanPushN88

Some presentations can be photographed or video taped.

Some presentations with copyright or trademark items
cannot be photographed or videotaped containing these items,
such as Michael Scheffe's presentations. DCS Staff may be
photographing these presentations without materials displayed,
such as showing only the presenter and the crowd during talks.

Rich W
07-21-2016, 01:31 AM
One last question---

StanPushN88

We have not made provisions to provide chairs by the cars during the Car Show on Saturday.

smcguiga
07-21-2016, 07:13 AM
Someone lose this? Found it in the middle of the road behind the convention center.
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160721/328541b2346f90e1ccf17f08ebbae3d0.jpg

DMC-81
07-22-2016, 06:02 PM
For those who are attending, have a great time at the show! Sorry I couldn't be there. Maybe next time.

Looking forward to seeing some pictures...

Peripatetic
07-22-2016, 06:40 PM
Here's one photo I took.

vin6635
07-22-2016, 08:29 PM
Here's one photo I took.

My car will be there in the am!

refugeefromcalif
07-22-2016, 08:58 PM
Looking forward to seeing some pictures...

+1!

I'd love to see Lots of pictures.

George

dodint
07-23-2016, 12:13 AM
Was fun till some dude in Denmark won the raffle.

;)

Peripatetic
07-24-2016, 12:47 AM
I made a couple of vines.

Goldilocks Time Machine: https://vine.co/v/5mwWAwXB05t

DRex Vine with unintended Rich cameo: https://vine.co/v/5mXrUQK7buv
I didn't see him until I was just now getting the link. I hope he doesn't mind.

Time to leave vine: https://vine.co/v/5mweFE2jnQe

DMC-81
07-24-2016, 07:45 AM

:hysterical: I liked the Goldilocks one the best! Great job!

Dithermaster
07-24-2016, 06:13 PM

These were hilarious!

DavidProehl
07-25-2016, 12:28 PM
I want to thank the whole DCS team and volunteers that put on this year's event. I know a ton of work went into it, most of which no doubt went unseen. Without question this year was a huge success! I loved the guest speakers, the presentation of the cars was perfect, the venue was fantastic, and the food each night was unbelievably good - each night was a gourmet feast.

I have no clue how this level of show was pulled off at the price point offered. I know the raffle car helped, but still, there was a lot of value in the show for the price.

Thank you for putting on an amazing show!

dodint
07-25-2016, 12:32 PM
I agree with David on all counts and made sure to tell Tony as we were leaving. I didn't get to talk to Rich but it was great of him to keep us updated with schedules and everything. It was my first DCS and I had a great time, looking forward to '18.

Bitsyncmaster
07-25-2016, 03:49 PM
So was the 2018 show location announced?

DavidProehl
07-25-2016, 04:05 PM
So was the 2018 show location announced?

No, we were told they had a couple places in mind and were working out contract details with them, but had not finalized anything. Understandably I'm guessing they didn't want to announce like in 2014 only to have it change later on.

nkemp
07-25-2016, 05:38 PM
I concur that DCS 2016 was GREAT. It is hard to compare it to 2014 given the celebrities that were there but I think 2016 was every bit as worthwhile if not a bit more. I liked the breakout sessions...that is why I (and I presume others) go. I didn't miss the off site events. I'll plan on being at 2018.

dodint
07-25-2016, 08:58 PM
It was also really great meeting Lenny. Had dinner with him, Josh, and the Fall 2015 raffle winners on Friday. Really pleasant crew to spend an evening with. Sat in on some of the lectures with Lenny, a full day of entertainment.

Nicholas R
07-25-2016, 09:22 PM
No, we were told they had a couple places in mind and were working out contract details with them, but had not finalized anything. Understandably I'm guessing they didn't want to announce like in 2014 only to have it change later on.

Bummer, I was hoping to be able to make plans now!

91 zeee
07-25-2016, 09:55 PM
This was my first DCS. It was awesome. Everything was VERY well done including the convention center location, the speakers, the food, the show, the vendors, the museum, I could go on and on..... I mean everything was very well organized, well thought out, and meeting all the people was great. I will definitely plan to be at the next one! Great job and thank you to all that pulled this together!

Iznodmad
07-25-2016, 09:57 PM
Anyone else think there were more automatic transmission cars than perhaps ever before at any previous DCS shows? For some reason, it seemed that way to me. Also seemed to have a good amount of very early cars with dark wheels. Am I alone in this observation?

I also had a great time at the show. The hotel, hotel staff, pccc, facilities, etc was all top notch. Excellent customer service skills. Food was the best it had ever been. Fun little downtown area with lots of shops and restaurants available within walking distance. This show had a much different feel from traditional DCS shows, but I liked it and embraced the changes. I can't wait to see what Tony and Rich come up with for the next show. This new theme must continue. It truly was a hit!

louielouie2000
07-26-2016, 08:49 AM
So where are all the pictures? This has to be the first DCS where people haven't upload pictures online as the show progressed or even after it concluded. I haven't heard anything about how many cars made it, either- which is also unusual. Why all the radio silence?

dodint
07-26-2016, 10:16 AM
The rise of Twitter, maybe? That's where I found most of the show stuff. I thought it would be Facebook but it was pretty quiet, Twitter had the most recent things.

The #DCS2016 hashtag was helpful https://twitter.com/hashtag/DCS2016?src=hash

The DeLorean Convention profile was also useful https://twitter.com/DeLoreanShow

nkemp
07-26-2016, 10:24 AM
So where are all the pictures?

We were all too busy enjoying the show to get pictures out. :smile:

dodint
07-26-2016, 10:28 AM
I was having dinner at Saputos and overhead the bartender talking with a patron about the show. She told the patron that "They must have most of the remaining DeLoreans in there. There can't be that many left."

So from that standpoint I can conclude the turnout was exceptional. ;)

Jeremy Popp
07-26-2016, 12:10 PM
So where are all the pictures? This has to be the first DCS where people haven't upload pictures online as the show progressed or even after it concluded. I haven't heard anything about how many cars made it, either- which is also unusual. Why all the radio silence?

As for pictures, I know the semi-official photographer from previous events was not doing photos this time. Most of our pictures are on Facebook of course, and as for car count, I counted personally around 60 cars. I'm sure I missed some that may have been in the regular parking garage or running errands. Hard to say if the car count is lower than the last few events due to location, or people unsure how good it would be. I know a lot of Ohio club people didn't come for one reason or another, non-working car or other plans. I do like June better than July though, the heat was astonishing outside and my R12 needs topped off!

I also wanted to thank everyone for putting on an awesome show, it's hard to believe this was their first attempt. The breakout sessions were awesome, and supplied a more intimate setting for stories. The venue was great, and I felt very secure leaving my car in the convention center. Only downside is I think there were far less spectators than previous shows. As for trophy feedback, I like the idea of having only 1st place (no 2nd, 3rd etc.) but I have a feeling more mileage breakouts would make for better competition. My guess is 1/2 of cars were in the 25k-50k category.

Rich W
07-26-2016, 12:58 PM

Sorry, forgot to create an "Official DCS 2016 Photos" thread before the event. (fixed that)

Please post your photos (or links to photos) to that thread.

Our official DCS 2016 photographer will have links as well.

Official Car Counts: 60 DeLoreans for the event. 55 were displayed in the PCCC on Saturday.

(plus a fully configured rolling chassis and a bare frame that were on display)

In comparison, I believe the "photographed total" for DCS 2012 (Orlando) was 49.

Mark D
07-26-2016, 01:38 PM
I was there! I didn't take a whole lot of photos but I did get a couple of panoramic shots. I'll upload a few to the photo thread.

Rich W
07-26-2016, 01:50 PM
We were all too busy enjoying the show to get pictures out. :smile:

I will agree with the "too busy" part (LOL). I did get to enjoy a few parts of the show, but it was my job this time to make the show enjoyable.

I hope to get a "rough cut" of the presentations from our official DCS videographers soon, so I can see what I missed while running this event.

While I did not get much sleep the past week, I hope my OCD need to park DeLoreans as organized as possible did not bother too many owners.

If it did, too bad ... pull up, and move a little to your right, then try backing it up again (LOL).

Rich W
07-26-2016, 02:01 PM
Someone lose this? Found it in the middle of the road behind the convention center.
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160721/328541b2346f90e1ccf17f08ebbae3d0.jpg

Tony still has this "Lost and Found" item in with the office supplies for the Event Registration materials.

No name on it, but if you can identify what is in the personal reminder notes on the pages of this pad, we can send it to you.

Rich W
07-26-2016, 02:26 PM
<snip> I know a lot of Ohio club people didn't come for one reason or another, non-working car or other plans. I do like June better than July though, the heat was astonishing outside and my R12 needs topped off!<snip>

Yes, this was a bit puzzling, since we have seen several occasions with two dozen or more Ohio DeLoreans at a St. Pat's Day Parade, but less than a half dozen made it to the convention this year. Could be an AC issue. It was hot in Springfield,
which is why we did the convention and show indoors. Several vendors had to put on sweat shirts to warm up in the Lower Level or when walking through the "wind tunnel" (LOL) between the PCCC and the PAL Hotel. Maybe it was the heat?

As for other DeLorean car related news for DCS 2016 ...

We had about a dozen AC failures reported (of which half the people left their DeLoreans at home and took their daily driver cars instead), but a few toughed it out and either drove in the early morning or early evening to get there (thanks guys).

No official count for repairs or maintenance needed during the convention, but at least one alternator failure on the way down (Jim Reeve) and one failure upon leaving (Dick Ryan), both of which were quickly repaired.

Only one DeLorean tire incident - driver's side rear - bulge/bubble (Mark Dehlinger) and three trailer tire blowouts (Nathan Schmucker). Luckily, I had a few trailer spares to give Nathan so he could make it home OK.

Back to Official Counts ... we did have over 80 cars registered, but just over 60 actually attended, with 55 officially indoors for the "Car Show" portion of the Convention on Saturday. (one car was "sold" on Thursday)

nkemp
07-26-2016, 02:43 PM
Rich... Having the cars in the air conditioned building was brilliant!

Rich W
07-26-2016, 03:00 PM
Rich... Having the cars in the air conditioned building was brilliant!

Yes, a number of factors conspired to make me look like a genius. Contrary to some belief, I cannot control the weather, unless its indoors.

After we "just missed" a significant heat wave by a few days in Dayton at DCS 2014, we felt the need to make this DCS Event all indoors.
I wear short sleeves all year, even in Winter, so cooler the better always works for me. It was great unloading and loading trailers indoors.

Out of the many "visions" that Tony and I had for DCS Events, this was first and foremost. Take weather out of the mix = much less worries.

gulwng3
07-26-2016, 03:07 PM
...and one failure upon leaving (Dick Ryan), both of which were quickly repaired.

...and one driver's side torsion bar that broke a couple days before the show. But, thanks to DMCMW, this was repaired at the show on Thursday afternoon!

[Note: This is not how I wanted my D highlighted at the show... ;o)]

Andy

nkemp
07-26-2016, 03:30 PM
Given the cars with the AC problems and having it indoors to take weather out of the equation begs the question ... if some other month, such as October, wouldn't be a good choice. Not sure how it plays with those with kids in school but the D is not really a family car. This might be a good survey question.

WHO1DMC
07-26-2016, 04:07 PM
My very first post hope this goes well. I had a A/C fallier on the way home. The bearings went. :bigcry::flamed: Thinking of putting in a sd7 or sd508 any thoughts? If I can ask this. New owner Dave from MN since September.

Thanks the convention was great!

nkemp
07-26-2016, 04:57 PM
Dave, Nick (MN) here ... Probably better to start a new thread in the "General DeLorean" section for this rather than tag on here. You'll get better response.

Sorry to hear you got the DeLorean shake and bake. They are beasts when AC is not working. A while back I converted to 134. On the way back from Houston it was hot and the refrigerant was so low it didn't work. Stopped at Walmart to get a can and found out the guy that did the change didn't change the fittings to 134. I think I lost a few pounds on that trip.

Nicholas R
07-26-2016, 06:30 PM
Yes, this was a bit puzzling, since we have seen several occasions with two dozen or more Ohio DeLoreans at a St. Pat's Day Parade, but less than a half dozen made it to the convention this year. Could be an AC issue. It was hot in Springfield,
which is why we did the convention and show indoors. Several vendors had to put on sweat shirts to warm up in the Lower Level or when walking through the "wind tunnel" (LOL) between the PCCC and the PAL Hotel. Maybe it was the heat?

Honestly, I think a large part of this is because of Ken and Cliff. In previous years, many of the Ohio owners helped put on the show. I know I helped in some way with 08, 10, 12, and even 14, just because I was recruited by Ken. Plus, if you know Ken, you know he promoted the show pretty aggressively, especially locally, starting years in advance. 2014 was huge for many Ohio owners being that it was in the middle of Ohio, they were supporting and helping Ken, while also memorializing Cliff. By no means is it the fault of the new DCS team, I just dont think that this year had the same significance to the Ohio folks that past DCSs had. Plus with the loss of Cliff, and Kens DeLorean involvement slowly reducing, the overall Ohio DeLorean Club is a little less active than it was in previous years.

Citizen
07-26-2016, 07:56 PM
Tony still has this "Lost and Found" item in with the office supplies for the Event Registration materials.

No name on it, but if you can identify what is in the personal reminder notes on the pages of this pad, we can send it to you.

PM sent.

DMCMW Dave
07-26-2016, 10:33 PM

It's a new world. I don't "twit" but my Facebook feed was 90% DCS photos for about two days.

DMCMW Dave
07-26-2016, 10:39 PM
... Kens DeLorean involvement slowly reducing, the overall Ohio DeLorean Club is a little less active than it was in previous years.

Ken himself did attend this show and seemed to have a good time.

The real oddity to me was that I didn't see anyone from Indiana - virtually next door.

tom kish vin. 4357
07-26-2016, 10:59 PM
Ken himself did attend this show and seemed to have a good time.

The real oddity to me was that I didn't see anyone from Indiana - virtually next door.

Hey Dave you did see someone from Indiana, I was there.

DMCMW Dave
07-26-2016, 11:06 PM
Hey Dave you did see someone from Indiana, I was there.

Shoot - you're almost from Michigan. . . Where was everybody else from INDMC?

StanMan PushN 88
07-26-2016, 11:51 PM
Kudos to EVERYONE that helped with this program, as a new first year owner of VIN #20034 (August 1982), also my first DeLorean convention. Loved all the 'real' history people who worked with Mr. DeLorean either in the factory, in Italy or Ireland, or in his office! Met form DMC organizer Ken and "OUTATIME" Director Steve Concotelli and his "A" Car Restoration team member Mark Dehlinger, and writer/producer of Back to the Future Mr. Bob Gale and many other great people from around the country and world! I wish it actually could have been one day longer, with maybe 1/2 day technical sessions for new owners (especially since since half the folks who raised their hands at dinner were "first time visitors to convention" (NEW OWNERs).

SEMI-FAILURE: On the way to Springfield it was probably 88-90 degrees on highway for 2 hours and by 11 a.m., with increasing traffic slowing us, my AC bogged down my voltage to 8 or 9 VOLTS and RPMs to 400, in a HOT Illinois construction zone with stop and go, slow traffic for 4 miles....it died once, but with an 18 wheeler right behind me, I got it restarted...made it to the show...went in to register, came back out to car not wanting to restart...did the Hot Start swap with help from Colorado DeLorean guys, drove it into the pavilion to sigh. Glad to make it, however, next morning I discovered my passenger side floor was SOPPING WET with liquid (AC condensation backup)??? I got a bunch of rags and soaked it up as best I could, but didn't use AC on way home as we drove at night and it was cool enough. Meeting folks and getting more tips and tricks about the DeLorean was great, but perhaps next time you can add in another day of hands on courses taught by experienced owners would have been very helpful!!!

I heard someone else suggest a cooler time of year like October and I'd vote for that, but thanks again for everything and wonderful memories...even my wife was impressed! (Not sure why some pictures "flip" themselves upside down)

StanPushN8844867
44862 44863 44864 44865 44868

nkemp
07-27-2016, 09:09 AM
[QUOTE=I discovered my passenger side floor was SOPPING WET with liquid (AC condensation backup)??? [/QUOTE]

The exterior of the HVAC box will sweat and generate a fair amount of liquid. This is more probable if you were running NORM (brings in more external air) or you and you passenger are talking a lot. It may have been a plugged condensate drain, it could be external sweating or it could be both.

davidc89
07-27-2016, 09:26 AM
Dave, Nick (MN) here ... Probably better to start a new thread in the "General DeLorean" section for this rather than tag on here. You'll get better response.

Sorry to hear you got the DeLorean shake and bake. They are beasts when AC is not working. A while back I converted to 134. On the way back from Houston it was hot and the refrigerant was so low it didn't work. Stopped at Walmart to get a can and found out the guy that did the change didn't change the fittings to 134. I think I lost a few pounds on that trip.

I would have thought Walmart would have a retrofit kit.... hmmm. It's cool that we have a new owner in MN! (Pun intended)

Anyways I would be excited to see pictures as I wasn't in attendance :(.

Rich W
07-27-2016, 11:45 AM
I wanted to post a special thank you to Rob Grady for attending DCS 2016.

As most DCS 2016 attendees know, Rob was delayed several times, trying to
get to the event and we had to postpone his Legend presentations twice, but
despite the scheduling conflicts, Rob persevered and arrived by Saturday.

I had left some extra time in the Saturday evening presentation schedule
for a last minute change and we were able to have Rob and Chris Nicholson
give an abbreviated version of their "Tale of Two Legends" presentation.

Rob was also the only vendor who had volunteered to do the daily tech talks
we had asked of all the parts and service vendors to present, and as a few
of you have already commented, this was an area of interest that was missed.

For those of you that walked into B1 and saw empty tables and walked into B3
and saw an empty room with a similar setup to B8, you know why these rooms
did not get any use on Thursday and Friday. Best laid plans ...

Rob even went against his better judgment and attempted to leave Long Island
during rush hour on Friday (which most of you would know is a huge headache),
to be able to attend DCS 2016, for 1 day, and then turn around and head home.

Thanks again Rob ... your extra effort was most appreciated.

dodint
07-27-2016, 12:50 PM
That was the one presentation I missed, but glad he got to speak to everyone.

It was great of George Levy to fill in that early Saturday AM time slot. He was very engaging and that freed up some of our afternoon to spend more time looking at the cars. I think my wife enjoyed his presentation the most.

Rich W
07-27-2016, 01:22 PM
As with most of the information posted here, we will get around to posting it all on the DCS website too.
We plan to post the Winners to the DCS website with one or more photos of their cars, so watch for that in the future.

Below is a list of winners from Jake Kamphoefner (Lead Judge) and his judging team.

Congratulations to the Best in Class Winners at DCS 2016

•0-25,000 Miles - John Lawrence, VIN 10466
•25-50,000 Miles - David Proehl, VIN 5457
•50-75,000 Miles - Richard Ractliffe, VIN 6635
•75-100,000 Miles - Dennis Schlieckau, VIN 5180
•100,000+ Miles - Marty Edwards, VIN 1250

•Best Stock - Gary Scholler, VIN 11191
•Best Mild Custom - Jeremy Popp, VIN 1495
•Best Full Custom - Darren Decker, VIN 16128
•Best Engine Swap - Nathan Schmucker, VIN 10410
•Best BTTF Replica - Al Arney, VIN 3255
•Best In Show - Dianne Baily, VIN 6138

After scratching the cars that didn't show up, there were 29 cars judged, including the BTTF cars.

Note: Ken Koncelik ended up not bringing his DeLorean (GIGAWAT), so I did not give him the award
that was made just for him ... Best Not Painted, Not Custom, Not Frame Off Restored - DeLorean.

WHO1DMC
07-27-2016, 09:07 PM
Is there info on the other cars that where juged? Was wondering how my car had placed. This being my 1st year owning a Delorean and going to a convention.

Thanks
And a very good job to the winners!

07-27-2016, 09:34 PM
Springfield (the city) has the nicest hardworking people in it. Wow. It was nice to check out the town. Having the cars indoors was great, so much easier to spend time looking at them inside.

A thread for ideas for the next one would be cool, while it's all fresh

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

wtbstuff
07-30-2016, 11:07 PM
Thank you to Rich, Tony, Matt, Judy, all the volunteers ( and others I may have missed !!) that I am sure put in a ton of time and effort for such a great show. We all know its alot of work behind the scenes to put it together. You team did a excellent job !!

thanks for putting on the show !!!

Jay S.

kbrown84
07-31-2016, 05:08 PM
Shoot - you're almost from Michigan. . . Where was everybody else from INDMC?

Been a down year for most of us in INDMC...from folks selling their cars to taking new jobs, and of course my continued work on 10098. I hope to have more of the club out in 2018!

Rich W
08-01-2016, 10:05 AM
(I posted this text with photos, in DCS photo thread, but I thought I would post again here as well)

How many times can you thank Oliver and Terry Holler? ... Whatever number it is, its never enough.

DCS 2016 raised over $700 for the MJF Foundation with the help of Team Fox members Oliver and Terry.

Car Show (11-4) on Saturday was Free, but we accepted donations from the public as they entered the show.

Thanks again Hollers !!

Rad Dad
08-02-2016, 03:40 PM
I'm sure there are several folks who should be thanked for their efforts in the production of DCS 2016. While I am not overlooking them, I want to give a special shout out to Rich. Every where you looked you saw Rich and he was not sitting down or even leaning up against something. He was constantly in motion and he kept his cool.

For all you did, Rich, Thank You!

Rich_NYS
08-02-2016, 06:31 PM
i'm sure there are several folks who should be thanked for their efforts in the production of dcs 2016. While i am not overlooking them, i want to give a special shout out to rich. Every where you looked you saw rich and he was not sitting down or even leaning up against something. He was constantly in motion and he kept his cool.

for all you did, rich, thank you!

+1

Rich W
08-05-2016, 05:45 PM
I'm sure there are several folks who should be thanked for their efforts in the production of DCS 2016. While I am not overlooking them, I want to give a special shout out to Rich. Every where you looked you saw Rich and he was not sitting down or even leaning up against something. He was constantly in motion and he kept his cool.

For all you did, Rich, Thank You!

Thanks guys. There was so much work to be done, just to decide if we could do all of the work, to do a DCS event, in a shortened amount of time (based on previous DCS events).

Of course, one of our primary goals was not to just do "Another DCS", but to make it one of the Best DCS Events (from the Planning Team's perspective) and I think we did it.

From the indoor, air conditioned venue for the cars, the vendors (and for the Chris Nicholson demo SS work), to the premium host hotel, to outstanding food at all the dinners,
to all of the interesting VIP Guests to listen to ... all of this extra effort in the event planning, paid out dividends with a great DCS 2016 event, with only a few minor glitches.

We certainly could not have done what we did without the funding from the Raffle Cars and a huge thanks again to DMC MW for helping us getting both cars "ready to raffle".

And, of course, it took all of you who attended DCS 2016 to make it what it was and I can guarantee the Planning Team will remember all of you that helped us make it happen.

nkemp
08-05-2016, 08:14 PM
The only problem ..... is that you-all set the bar high for 2018 :)

Rich W
08-08-2016, 04:44 PM
The only problem ..... is that you-all set the bar high for 2018 :)

We may end up with a problem of a different kind ... too many people wanting to see the VIP Guests.

If all goes as planned, we may have to limit the amount of attendees, based on the size of the venue.

Rich W
08-08-2016, 04:45 PM
With so many DCS 2016 article requests, the week of the event, it was hard to keep track of all of them that went to print.

Here is one that I just found the link to this past weekend:

http://tinyurl.com/DCS2016-Pantagraph

Rich_NYS
08-09-2016, 01:05 PM
We may end up with a problem of a different kind ... too many people wanting to see the VIP Guests.

If all goes as planned, we may have to limit the amount of attendees, based on the size of the venue.

The VIP guests were awesome, many thanks to those responsible for their appearances. I also liked the general "layout;" e.g. BTTF stuff mostly in one area, Chris in the same area as the cars...etc.

Great job with the parking, BTW....I think there should be buttons that read: "I parked my car @DCS 2014 and survived" -lol!

One request for 2018: a change to the layout of the printed schedules, I think they would be easier to follow if they're in "chronological order" based on time, versus ordered by room#.

Looking forward to 2018....my car should be there!

Rich W
08-09-2016, 01:25 PM
<snip>One request for 2018: a change to the layout of the printed schedules, I think they would be easier to follow if they're in "chronological order" based on time, versus ordered by room#. <snip>

Must be an East Coast thing (lol). Marc Levy had the same comment.

Rooms were organized by Content, then presentations listed chronologically.

Room B3 was setup for Vendor "Tech" presentations. (ended up unused)

Room B8 was setup for Back to the Future related presentations.

Room B9 was setup for VIP Stephen Arrington. (he had a dedicated room)

Room B10 was setup for all other DeLorean-related VIP presentations.

Most presentations ran concurrently, so "by room" seemed more focused.

dodint
08-09-2016, 06:30 PM
Moving Stephen and Nick to the main floor on Saturday was nice. With the more open area I felt better about chatting with them, and it didn't clog up the Museum.

I copy/pasted the schedule and then reordered it. ;)

nkemp
08-09-2016, 07:47 PM
One request for 2018: a change to the layout of the printed schedules, I think they would be easier to follow if they're in "chronological order" based on time, versus ordered by room#.

!

Plus 1!

The way it was was usable but not easily used.

Rich W
01-17-2017, 07:55 PM
Congrats to Stephen. I know this is something he has been working on for years.

Full Presidential Pardon for Stephen Lee Arrington, convicted in a drug conspiracy
that involved carmaker John Z. DeLorean, known for making the car made famous
in the Back to the Future trilogy starring Michael J. Fox. DeLorean was acquitted,
but Arrington pleaded guilty and was sentenced to three years in prison.

See the details below, how Stephen turned his life around during the past 30 years.

The DCS Planning Team is very pleased to announce another exciting VIP Guest Speaker for DCS 2016:

Stephen Arrington, the author of "In DeLorean's Shadow", is the sole surviving defendant from the DeLorean trial
and Stephen will be talking about his book and how his life was impacted by his involvement in the DeLorean trial.

The Press Release for Stephen's book follows:

This is a true-crime memoir about America’s greatest drug conspiracy. It involved the White House, the FBI, DEA,
CIA, IRS, DOJ, Interpol, #10 Downing Street, Pablo Escobar, Rafa; Escobar’s #1 hit man, and Max Mermelstein;
the #1 cocaine importer in the United States.

I have the original FBI Investigative Reports, the transcripts of their secret tapes, and know the things the jury
never heard because I am the last surviving defendant in that trial.

Follow Stephen Lee Arrington, Navy Vietnam vet, and bomb disposal frogman as he falls from the ranks of heroes
because of Marijuana. A trusted father figure manipulates him into the Medellin Drug Cartel. Under the threat of death,
he flies a plane from Colombia loaded with 650 lbs. of cocaine. In Los Angeles, he is arrested with John Z. DeLorean.

This is a whirlwind of adventure and criminal intrigue with smugglers, hit men, and violent inmates as an ex-naval hero
tries to rediscover himself. In prison, he becomes chief engineer of an inmate fire crew and leads the emergency response
to save the crew of the first B-1 bomber to crash. It went down six miles from Boron Prison Camp.

This is a book about hope as a childhood dream morphs into an ex-felon’s reality when two years out of prison, he becomes
chief diver and expedition leader for Captain Jacques Yves Cousteau. For over half of a decade, he goes on an underwater
odyssey of incredible adventures diving with whales, dolphins, and great white sharks.

More details about Stephen Arrington and his book can be found at the following links:

http://www.drugsbite.com

www.dreammachinefoundation.com

dodint
01-17-2017, 09:03 PM
Yes!

I just came to post this. Congrats Stephen, was a distinct pleasure talking with you. Would love for you to come back to DCS so I can congratulate you in person.

DMCVegas
01-18-2017, 04:13 PM
I just read this story on NBC news where this snippet was included at the end of the article:

Arrington applied for a pardon nine years ago. He said the prosecutor in charge of his case and the sentencing judge were among dozens who wrote letters on his behalf.

If the prosecutor is going to write a letter on your behalf to get you pardoned for the crime they helped convict you for, why in the hell didn't they just drop the damn charges in the first place?! I mean, it's good that they went to help the guy out now, but it would have been a whole lot better for the guy, not to mention efficient for our judicial system, to not have put him through all of that to begin with.

dodint
01-18-2017, 04:28 PM
If I'm remembering correctly his original jail term was so short because the prosecutor put in a good word for him at the time. He pleaded guilty, there wasn't a trial. He did transport the cocaine so a guilty verdict and lenient sentence was probably fair at the time.