PDA

View Full Version : For Sale DCS Raffle Car for 2015

Rich W
06-22-2015, 09:01 PM
Sorry for the long delay, but the site is finally ready to go,
and the DeLorean was on display at DMCMW Open House.

DeLorean Raffle Car 2015 tickets are available now to buy,
same price as in previous years ... $50 per ticket.

Details and photos on the DCS Online Merchant website.

Use any of the following links:

www.deloreanraffle.com

www.deloreanconvention.com

This DeLorean will be raffled off in October 2015.

More details to follow.

(away from computer and posting via smartphone)

Rich W
06-23-2015, 08:32 AM
A few more details about the DeLorean Raffle Car 2015

- mid production 1981 model (VIN..5814) automatic, gray interior, wide dealer stripe kit
- currently about 16K miles and under 20K miles expected when raffled off in October 2015
- recent fuel pump and fuel sender unit
- recently converted AC to 134A and blowing 40 degrees at the vents at DMCMW Open House
- full re-brush and re-grain (demo car) at the DMCMW Open House

Expected to be on display at several upcoming BTTF screenings and several car show events.

See the car at the following events and others:

- Gilmore Museum Event, August 1
- Woodward Dream Cruise, August 14, 15,16
- British Car Union Show, September 13

Rich W
06-24-2015, 02:20 PM
DeLorean Raffle Car Ticket Update:

Some website maintenance pertaining to CC processing for International orders
is currently taking place. Sorry for unexpected purchase delays this afternoon.

All purchases up until now have been successfully processed, including Canada.

System should be fully back up and available for ticket purchases very soon.

If you are ready to purchase ticket(s), please check back in the near future.

Note: Over 50 tickets sold in the past 3 days, so keep the orders coming.

Thanks,

DCS 2016 Planning Team

ssdelorean
06-25-2015, 08:52 AM

>>snip<<

See the car at the following events and others:

- Gilmore Museum Event, August 1
- Woodward Dream Cruise, August 14, 15,16
- British Car Union Show, September 13

Regarding the Gilmore Event, August 1, details can be found here (http://ohiodeloreans.com/events.htm).
For the show that day, the Gilmore has selected the DeLorean as the featured vehicle. They will be roping off special featured parking. If you plan to attend with a DeLorean please email me (shannon.yocom[at]ohiodeloreans.com) and let me know so I can reserve you space. If you do not, you park in the back 40 with the rest of the cars :-) Also, let me know if you are attending the group dinner later that evening so I can make reservations. Thank you.

Gfrank
06-26-2015, 08:04 AM
Site still Down rich? Won't let us pic haste tickets on this end

Rich W
06-26-2015, 09:10 AM
Site still Down rich? Won't let us pic haste tickets on this end

Yes, still down, but it should be back up and running by this afternoon.

Coordinating two CC processors with the one Merchant app (plus testing),
all being done part-time, when not at work or at a DeLorean event, etc.

Sorry for the interruption. Back online soon.

DannonWeb
06-26-2015, 12:20 PM
Buying a ticket as soon as it's back up!

Rich W
06-26-2015, 01:20 PM
Lunch break update:

As mentioned earlier, the updated site will handle all the International order requests much more seamlessly
and we will have a wider range of cards approved for use (all will be listed at the bottom of the order page).

While you are waiting, feel free to check out a few photos of the Raffle Car from the BTTF screening last night.

New Updated Order Form being tested now. Back online soon.

DannonWeb
06-26-2015, 02:44 PM
Shannon, I love your Homestar Runner avatar!

Regarding the Gilmore Event, August 1, details can be found here (http://ohiodeloreans.com/events.htm).
For the show that day, the Gilmore has selected the DeLorean as the featured vehicle. They will be roping off special featured parking. If you plan to attend with a DeLorean please email me (shannon.yocom[at]ohiodeloreans.com) and let me know so I can reserve you space. If you do not, you park in the back 40 with the rest of the cars :-) Also, let me know if you are attending the group dinner later that evening so I can make reservations. Thank you.

Rich W
06-26-2015, 07:15 PM
New Updated Order Form being tested now. Back online soon.

Testing continues. AMEX will probably not be up until tomorrow, others may be back online tonight.

More photos, while you wait. Photos taken last Saturday morning, before the DMCMW Open House.

StanMan PushN 88
06-26-2015, 07:59 PM
This sounds like a great fundraiser and way to get more people into Delorean awareness and ownership!!!

I plan to spread the word around here (southern Illinois).

Thanks guys for working on it and do you know where the 2016 event will be yet?

Stan

DMCMW Dave
06-26-2015, 08:09 PM
This sounds like a great fundraiser and way to get more people into Delorean awareness and ownership!!!

Stan

Central Illinois. [Which, to us Chicago area folks, is the same as Southern Illinois. Southern Illinois starts about Kankakee... :jk:]

Rich W
06-26-2015, 11:30 PM

Stan

Final negotiation meetings tomorrow and if all goes well, contract will be signed.

Contract needs to be approved by convention hall Board of Directors in July,
but the official announcement will be made once the contract is signed.

Hopefully, this means the official announcement will be by tomorrow evening.

davidc89
06-27-2015, 07:13 PM
Let us know when its back up!

Rich_NYS
06-29-2015, 04:27 PM
The winner of the DCS 2014 car was a guy who didn't yet own a DeLorean, anyone ever hear from him? It would be interesting to hear a follow-up on how well he's enjoying ownership. :thumbup:

David R
06-30-2015, 10:25 AM
I chatted with the DCS 2014 winner on Twitter/Facebook. He was super excited to get the car and seemed to be having fun with it. IIRC he had forgotten that he had even entered the raffle. I remember that night I was constantly refreshing my phone, checking the DCS Twitter feed during the raffle, hoping to see my name pop up. Maybe this year. :)

powerline84
06-30-2015, 11:28 AM
Hahah that is how I feel right now. I keep refreshing the raffle site hoping its fixed....cant win if you dont play lol.

Jimmy

Rich W
06-30-2015, 12:50 PM
Hahah that is how I feel right now. I keep refreshing the raffle site hoping its fixed....cant win if you dont play lol.

Jimmy

Final testing phase this morning with the new CC processor and new the merchant interface.
(a few little glitches along the way, but all of these issues have been worked out)

Should be back online this afternoon. (I will bump this thread again when it goes back online)

The good news is that everything will be setup for a few more International payment options
and all of this will carry-over into the DCS Event Registration process that will begin in the Fall.

Once the details for the host hotel are finalized, the hotel registration will be open by August 1.

Rich W
06-30-2015, 03:05 PM
FYI - as of 2 pm Central time this afternoon, the DeLorean Raffle Car Ticket Website is back up and running

For some of the International users, JCB cards and Diners Club International cards have been added.

Thanks,

Team DCS 2016

powerline84
06-30-2015, 03:39 PM
boom I ordered 2....fingers crossed

powerline84
06-30-2015, 03:44 PM
Just curious though...how do you guys actually limit tickets to 800? does the system automatically cut off?

Rich W
06-30-2015, 04:02 PM
Just curious though...how do you guys actually limit tickets to 800? does the system automatically cut off?

The system is designed to be "automatic cut-off" at 800, but we may need to implement some semi-automatic features as we get close to 800.

Some of the CC processing may take longer than other CC processing, so we will need to monitor the system when it gets closer to the cut-off.

DannonWeb
06-30-2015, 06:27 PM
Entered! Thanks Rich!

davidc89
06-30-2015, 06:35 PM
Thanks for the updates. Got my ticket!

refugeefromcalif
06-30-2015, 06:37 PM
For some of the International users, JCB cards and Diners Club International cards have been added.

Thanks,

Team DCS 2016

What, No option for PayPal? :devil: :wiggle:

George

Rich W
06-30-2015, 06:45 PM
What, No option for PayPal? :devil: :wiggle:

George

As we learned with Ken K. and DCS 2014, PayPal not only Does Not Allow Any Raffle Purchases,
someone tried to buy a Raffle Ticket in 2014 with PayPal and it locked the DCS PayPal account.

Therefore, no PayPal for DeLorean Raffle Tickets.

Rich W
07-01-2015, 03:55 PM
First Chance to Buy Raffle Tickets ... for a few more days

If I was really smart, this would be a great marketing idea (regardless that it happens to be true),
but I wanted to make sure everyone here gets a chance to buy their DeLorean Raffle Tickets "first".

There will be several email blasts going out in the next few days and there are also a few media blasts
that may pick up on the DeLorean Raffle for 2015, so there is a chance the Raffle may go "viral" soon.

With this in mind, if you are planning to buy one or more tickets for the 2015 DeLorean Raffle Car,
you may want to consider buying them soon (or at least keep an eye on availability of tickets).

There is less than 4 months left until the DeLorean Raffle Drawing this October, so in either case, you
do not want to wait too long to purchase tickets. If the info goes viral, we may sell out very soon.

So, do not wait for the very unlikely chance that the Cubs will win the world series to win a DeLorean
and enter the contest where you actually have a chance to win a DeLorean in October 2015.

www.deloreanraffle.com

alexwolf1216
07-02-2015, 09:16 AM
Why not, grabbed mine. Who cant use another Delorean?

Rich W
07-02-2015, 01:20 PM
Why not, grabbed mine. Who cant use another Delorean?

I certainly cannot argue with that logic ... you can never have too many DeLoreans.

Over 100 tickets sold and they continue selling at a very good pace.

A big thanks to everyone who purchased raffle tickets so far, to support DCS 2016,
especially the folks who purchased multiple tickets. Off to a great start.

Farrar
07-02-2015, 01:39 PM
I have made my contribution to DCS 2016. :) Best of luck to all rafflers!

Rich W
07-02-2015, 07:20 PM
I have made my contribution to DCS 2016. :) Best of luck to all rafflers!

Thanks Farrar.

You helped put us over the 125 mark this afternoon about 4pm.

Silverbullet
07-02-2015, 07:56 PM
I just got one, nice to help out a future owner!

Craig

Rich W
07-05-2015, 06:15 PM
We hit the 175 mark in ticket sales earlier this afternoon.

We are doing well after the initial offer posts and the first
two sets of email blasts. Getting closer to 25% sold already.

Thanks again to everyone who has purchased tickets so far.

Rich W
07-09-2015, 03:05 PM
We went over the 200 mark in ticket sales earlier this afternoon.

Officially 202. We are now over the 25% tickets sold threshold.

Thanks again to everyone who has purchased tickets so far,
especially those of you who have purchased multiple tickets.

Rich W
07-10-2015, 02:35 PM

- mid production 1981 model (VIN..5814) automatic, gray interior, wide dealer stripe kit
- currently about 16K miles and under 20K miles expected when raffled off in October 2015
- recent fuel pump and fuel sender unit
- recently converted AC to 134A and blowing 40 degrees at the vents at DMCMW Open House
- full re-brush and re-grain (demo car) at the DMCMW Open House

Some additional 2015 repair and replacement parts details:

- recent replacement (rebuilt) automatic transmission computer
- new transmission shifter cable
- replacement blower motor and blower motor fan switch
- recent replacement of tires (in OEM stock sizes)
- recent replacement of struts (doors, hood, louver)
- recent water pump replacement and all new anti-freeze
- replaced most coolant system hoses
- replaced engine cover prop/stay

www.deloreanraffle.com

Buy your ticket(s) today !!

Lou and "Boo"
07-10-2015, 11:06 PM
I bought one. The last two drawings I bought two tickets. This year I only bought one. Figured I'd give you guys a better chance. LOL :blush:

Rich W
07-20-2015, 03:25 PM
2015 DeLorean Raffle Car made an appearance at a charity event in downtown Chicago this past Saturday evening.

Event was at the HideOut Inn and the photo fundraising portion of the event was to benefit Comer Children's Hospital.

The afternoon started out hot and humid, then a brief thunderstorm, but when evening rolled around, it was nice.

The "Take a Photo with a DeLorean" part of the Dance to the Future event was very well received.

Rich W
07-21-2015, 07:36 PM
Reminder: Today is exactly one year from the first day of DCS 2016 at the Prairie Capital Convention Center in Springfield, IL.

Remember to buy your 2015 DeLorean Raffle Car Tickets to support DCS 2016. Drawing for this car will be in October 2015.

www.deloreanraffle.com

Rich W
07-23-2015, 07:35 PM
FYI - We went over the 250 mark in ticket sales earlier today. Thanks.

Rich W
08-12-2015, 09:20 AM
Reminder: The 2015 DeLorean Raffle Car will be at the Woodward Dream Cruise 2015 this week, starting tomorrow.

A big thanks to Dave Swingle and crew at DMC MW who were able to do a last minute install of a new AC Compressor
after the original AC Compressor "gave up the ghost" last Sunday. Sure glad it happened before the Woodward trip.

Note: Once we get them up and running (and roadworthy), this is one of the reasons why we drive the raffle cars to
events...to get them sorted out, so the person who wins the car knows that the car is ready to drive (and enjoy).

Ticket sales are "hovering" around the 300 mark, but we are hoping for a "big bump" over the next week or so, with
the appearance at Woodward and a few more posts to Social Media, to get everyone excited about this raffle car.

As we approach October 2015 (2 months until the Raffle Drawing), do not wait too long to buy your raffle ticket(s).

See you at Woodward !!

Rich W
08-21-2015, 05:25 PM
Here is a profound statement ... at about the half way point, we are about half way there.

More specifically, we are about half way through the raffle cycle and we are about half way to our goal.

With about two months left before the raffle drawing, we are about half way to our goal in ticket sales.

If you have not purchased a ticket yet, today (or this weekend) is a great time to buy one or more.

www.deloreanraffle.com

Trstno1
08-27-2015, 01:32 PM
Here is a profound statement ... at about the half way point, we are about half way there.

More specifically, we are about half way through the raffle cycle and we are about half way to our goal.

With about two months left before the raffle drawing, we are about half way to our goal in ticket sales.

If you have not purchased a ticket yet, today (or this weekend) is a great time to buy one or more.

www.deloreanraffle.com

Just curious.....what will the car be valued at? I'm trying to see if I could actually spring for the taxes on the car if I actually won it. The wife could have her very own D :yesss:

Rich W
08-27-2015, 04:20 PM
Just curious.....what will the car be valued at? I'm trying to see if I could actually spring for the taxes on the car if I actually won it. The wife could have her very own D :yesss:

DCS should be able to "work with you" regarding a "value" or "appraised value" based on where you live and how you are taxed.

For Example: If the 2015 DeLorean Raffle Car Winner happens to live in Illinois, it would be advantageous to have the car valued
under $15K ($14,995), referencing IL-RUT-50 Vehicle Use Tax Chart (2015), Table B, the tax will only be $25 to the new owner.
If the vehicle is valued between $15,000 to $19,999 then $750 in taxes are due from the new owner. Best to check your state.

Rich W
08-27-2015, 06:45 PM
Less than 55 days left until the anticipated drawing on October 21, 2015.

If you have not purchased a ticket yet, today is a great time to buy one or more.

www.deloreanraffle.com

Trstno1
09-28-2015, 11:36 AM
So I finally got around to purchasing my raffle ticket. All I got was a message stating I was entered to win, no receipt, no confirmation email, nothing. Is that normal? Also, with less than 30 days a from the drawing how many tickets have been sold?

Rich W
09-28-2015, 01:50 PM
So I finally got around to purchasing my raffle ticket. All I got was a message stating I was entered to win, no receipt, no confirmation email, nothing. Is that normal? Also, with less than 30 days a from the drawing how many tickets have been sold?

Sorry for the confusion. There was another glitch with the merchant services, which all ties back to this event being under a new corporate entity,
DeLorean Convention and Show, with no long-term track record established yet. Unfortunately, these are the growing pains for new management,
especially when there is a "compressed" transition. There is a long, technical set of reasons for why we continue to run into issues, but we are doing
our best to resolve these issues as they arise. Over simplified, but think of the new DCS as a new checking account, trying to use their first checks.

Another new merchant service should be coming online tomorrow (Tuesday, Sept. 29), so hopefully any outstanding requests will be processed then.
We had hoped to have the new service active last week, but we had to try something a little different this time, to hopefully preserve its longevity.
The DeLorean Midwest Connection club will be "lending its name" as the well established, primary entity on the merchant services agreement, so
we hope that will resolve the on-going "startup" issues for the new DCS. If you need any additional details, feel free to PM me.

As for ticket sales, they are still trickling in, but some big media pushes will be starting later this week, so watch this thread for more details soon.

As of now, we are finalizing details for the Raffle Drawing to be held on Wednesday, October 21 and if all goes well, it will be on Live TV in Chicago
and possibly in a few other markets. A recorded version of the drawing may be available online later that day, but again, details are in the works.

If you are waiting to purchase a Raffle Ticket, we would recommend that you purchase one or more on either Sept. 30 or Oct. 1, after the latest new
merchant service is in place and before the big media blitz starts this Friday, Oct. 2, abound the 8 am hour.

Rich W
09-28-2015, 03:30 PM
The 2015 DeLorean Raffle Car has been getting "exercised" on a regular basis this Summer, including attending the British Car Union Show
in the Chicago area on Sunday, September 13 and making the trek to Springfield, IL this past Saturday, for pre-DCS 2016 photos at PCCC.

The 2015 DeLorean Raffle Car made a 400 mile round trip to Springfield almost without incident (an intermittent turn signal issue popped up),
but other than a minor intermittent issue, the car performed flawlessly, including nearly effortlessly exceeding 88 mph a few times (lol).

Attaching a couple photos of the 2015 DeLorean Raffle Car in the PCCC, helping with the preview photos of the new LED lighting system.
On photo of the 2015 DeLorean Raffle Car parked under the second floor balcony (indirect light) and the front car on the Main Floor photo.

Rich W
10-07-2015, 01:25 PM
Live on Windy City LIVE on ABC Channel 7 Chicago, during the show (11am-12pm) on October 21, 2015

Announced today on the show and then posted on their Social Media pages right after the show.

More details to follow.

David R
10-10-2015, 01:11 PM
Rich,

I got an e-mail with a Paypal invoice for $50 stating my ticket had never been paid for. Just checking in with you here to make sure this is legit. I can't even remember when I bought my ticket and haven't found the payment in my bank statement.

Thanks!

davidc89
10-10-2015, 01:30 PM
Yes, I got this as well. It came with an email stating they had an issue with the merchant service and the tickets were never billed. I was one of the first few to buy a ticket. I am guess the first few were never billed.

Lenny
10-10-2015, 01:41 PM
Got mine but, paid by credit card.

davidc89
10-10-2015, 02:05 PM
There was an issue with the previous merchant and you should get an email about it today explaining the issues. Just passing the information on that Tony Swann sent to me.

Rich W
10-10-2015, 04:10 PM
Rich,

I got an e-mail with a Paypal invoice for $50 stating my ticket had never been paid for. Just checking in with you here to make sure this is legit. I can't even remember when I bought my ticket and haven't found the payment in my bank statement.

Thanks!

David and others,

Yes, this is all on the up and up. Tony Swann has been reconciling between 3 merchant services,
and as anticipated, some payment finalization "fell through the cracks" as mentioned above in
Post #46. Again, all part of the growing pains with the new DCS corporate entity.

Tony Swann will be the only DCS representative sending out these emails.

Thanks,
Rich W.

Rich W
10-15-2015, 06:30 PM
Not 1.21, but less than 121 of the 2015 DeLorean Raffle Car tickets are still available, for about the next 5 days or so.

If you have not purchased a 2015 DeLorean Raffle Car ticket, you still have time, but not too long. Outatime in no time.

While we are hoping to sell out before the day of the raffle drawing, the final cut-off may likely be at 12:01 am on Oct. 21,
so we have enough time to print and verify all the remaining sold tickets before the raffle drawing later in the morning.

Thanks to everyone who has purchased tickets so far and a huge thanks to those who have responded quickly to Tony's
requests to reconcile the few outstanding non-payments due to changes in the merchant services between Aug. and Oct.

For those of you that may have purchased raffle tickets between late August and early October, and have not seen a
charge to your credit card, make sure to check for an email and/or a call from Tony Swann by this weekend. We hope
to not have to VOID any raffle tickets due to non-payment, but we still have a few buyers who have not responded by
email or by phone. As of today, Tony has notified everyone with non-payments by email and phone, at least twice each,
but a few ticket sales remain unresolved. Also, remember the raffle drawing has not taken place yet, so please do not
get too excited if you hear from Tony (he is not notifying a winner yet). The drawing will still be on Wednesday, Oct. 21.

For those not in the Chicago area or not near a TV on Wednesday between 11am and 12pm, the Windy City LIVE show
is available for viewing, streaming on the Internet or segments can be viewed at a later time, in their video segments.

ABC Channel 7 - http://windycitylive.com/video

http://windycitylive.com/livevideo?id=8113860

Note: I'm not sure if the Live Video link changes daily or not, but there is a link on the website: http://windycitylive.com

Side Note: For those who need to see the drawing live (else you do not buy a ticket) no reason not to buy a ticket now.

Thanks again for all your patience and support of DCS 2016.

Lou and "Boo"
10-15-2015, 09:16 PM
Bought a second one.... Just couldn't resist. Went through fine.

Rich W
10-21-2015, 01:50 PM
... but wait, Special Report - Joe Biden will not run for President of the United States.

Thanks for the interruption Joe, now back to the show ...

Original segment aired about 11:35 - 11:45, wrapping up with Raffle Drawing.

Ryan picked the winning ticket and the winner is ...

Edwin Exconde from Plainfield, IL

Edwin has not answered his phone or voicemail yet, but congrats to Edwin.

For everyone else, the 2016 DeLorean Raffle Car tickets go on sale November 1,
so watch the forum for more details. (early 81 with gas flap hood, automatic)

If you want to see a replay of the drawing, Windy City Live replays on late night.
Segments can also be viewed on their website.

Rich W
10-21-2015, 05:50 PM
Online Replay.

Direct Link to 3 DeLorean related segments.

3rd segment is the Raffle Car Drawing.

http://abc7chicago.com/entertainment/delorean-giveaway-on-wcl/1044165/

Thanks to Windy City Live for hosting the drawing today.

Thanks to everyone who purchased tickets and helped us with the 2015 Raffle Car.

Lou and "Boo"
10-21-2015, 08:59 PM
Congratulations Edwin ! Drive it with pride !
:)

skill
10-21-2015, 09:02 PM
Congratulations Edwin! Thanks Rich for what you do! Happy 10.21.2015!